[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For those of you who keep up with sports, is it actually fun?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 4.jpg (379 KB, 1024x678) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
379 KB, 1024x678
For those of you who keep up with sports, is it actually fun? Does it help at all socially (especially in America)?
>>
Not into sports, but people close to me are and I get dragged along to sports bars and super bowl parties and the like frequently.

>is it actually fun?

You know that autistic (genuinely, not in the meme sense) kid in high school who would never shut the fuck up about turtles? Who knew every last little bit of inane trivia? Who was obsessed to the point of damaging other parts of his life?

That's exactly what sports fans are like, except for some bizarre reason it's socially acceptable.

When someone has the same level of interest in, say, military history, they will get relentlessly belittled.

But when you have an autistic, life-consuming obsession with illiterate meatheads tossing a sphere around, everyone's cool with it. In fact, it's considered weird to NOT be in to it.

Normies are baffling.
>>
>>24691892
>Does it help at all socially (especially in America)?

of course nigga. its by far one of the easiest conversation starters. "hey man, did you see that game last night?"
>>
>>24692023
In my head:

>man fuck that shit

Out loud:

>Nah I haven't really been keeping up.
>>
HOCKEY

hockey is the best sport by a long shot.
>lack of casuals,
>on every day
>all white people, no minorities, no rap music
>fun as fuck
>minimal commercials
>>
>>24692113

Sounds better than foo'bawlll. Thanks for the suggestion undercover Canadian
>>
>>24692186
Not a moose fucker but I am from up north
>>
>>24692011
>That's exactly what sports fans are like, except for some bizarre reason it's socially acceptable.
I've always found this funny. Memorizing every player from the past 10 years and all their scoring stats, and playing football manager for hours a day is considered 100% normal but obsessing about anything else makes you weird.
>>
Sports are fun as shit. I'm a season ticket holder to one of my local sports teams.

It's weird though because none of my friends or family are into sports so I've been this forever alone sports guy for all my life.

I don't really want friends who are sports fans even though I'm one of the biggest sports fans I know.

It's fun though. Helps me feel emotions in really intense ways. I get so down when we lose though.
>>
File: 1444671363264.jpg (71 KB, 846x846) Image search: [Google]
1444671363264.jpg
71 KB, 846x846
I honestly don't give a fuck about most sports.

I do have season tickets to my college's basketball games because that's what the school is known for so I might as well.
It's a good excuse to get drunk with friends and fuck around yelling at 10 negros on the court from 50 yards away.

I can't stand watching sports when I'm sober.

Marquette University btw
I know we sucked last year and this one too.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.