[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do normies like travelling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: bzP4DYm.jpg (14 KB, 233x270) Image search: [Google]
bzP4DYm.jpg
14 KB, 233x270
>i just looove travelling
can someone explain this normieshit to me? is it a meme? just something to brag about on social media?

i dont get it. i mean if i had a gf and she wanted to travel i would take her anywhere. but i seriously fail to see the appeal of leaving your room where all of your stuff is to go some new place where you don't know anyone and pay fuckloads of money for it.

can someone PLEASE explain this to me, maybe a story of something you did that was fun during some vacation? besides fucking a foreign slut of course if i wanna get laid i can buy a prostitute for a fraction of the cost of a plane ticket
>>
>>24691015
Are you being serious?

Travelling changes your surroundings, when things are novel they're just more fun.
>>
>>24691015
you know how you fuck around in the overworld of a game to see if you find something cool?

well it's like that but they just stay at hotels and visit tourist districts instead
>>
so they can take pictures and brag to their friends. that's literally it
>>
>>24691039
yes i am being serious. my parents used to drag me on trips and i always hated it. went travelling with my college friends once and it was garbage and decided i'd never do it again unless it was for some gril

i don't see what's so fun about it at all
>>
>>24691073
>video games
i get bored of video games after playing them for a few days. i haven't played a game in over a year
>>
File: 1445610945410.gif (167 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
1445610945410.gif
167 KB, 500x335
>>24691015
traveling costs money and is a luxury
lots of traveling = lots of execss money
lots of excess money = social status

It's a myth that people travel to learn about other cultures or widen their horizon.
If that would be true there wouldn't be such an oversaturation of fucking all-in-hotels, organized-travels and tourist-resorts. Most fucks never go outside of their hotelresort when they travel and only see the "must see because my guide tells me to"-sights, while the interaction with the other cultures peaks with asking for the way or paying the waiter.
if you travel like that you can learn more and widen your horizon more efficient by watching national geographic or Discovery Travel.

If you want to immerse yourself in a culture and see a country for yourself, you need to go off the beaten path on your own. It's also cheaper that way, funnily enough.
>>
>>24691236

I go to hostels when traveling and hardly take photos and don't really mention it to anyone when I come back. It'd be great to experience these things with others but have usually traveled solo when going abroad being a friendless cyborg and all.
>>
>>24691543
what do you even enjoy about it?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.