[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you stop trying to achieve anything in life? For me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: 1445729022262.png (111 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
1445729022262.png
111 KB, 540x405
When did you stop trying to achieve anything in life?

For me it was drugs.
>>
When it became apparent I would never have the opportunity to prove myself in battle. Everything else seems trivial by comparison.
>>
I haven't given up entirely.
>>
I never stopped trying.

I just realized that I can achieve nothing and my efforts are futile.

I will try. I will keep trying. My efforts are vain. I will fail. Failure is worthless. There is no value in trying if one eventually fails.
>>
>>24689750
Is that supposed to be Sargon of Akkad?
>>
>>24689818
Your efforts are not in vain if you learn and grow from the experiences. Failure still gives experience which at least shows that you tried which is a good start.
>>
>>24689750
I was pushed to the extreme in terms of success since I was a kid, I never stopped trying. Then I suddenly grew up, financially successful with absolutely no one. Never had friends and never will.
>>
>>24689866
I don't need your normie delusions to keep trying. Only success matters.
>>
>>24689818
>Just keep failing bro
>Failing is good, everyone does it all the time
>You only have to succeed once ;)
>>
>>24689899
>Just keep failing bro

I nearly spilled my milk.
>>
>>24689880
>Only success matters.
Success is made up. It's a story you're telling yourself. The only thing that's actually there is experience.
>>
>>24689880
Whatever man. Enjoy your robot delusions. You really don't have to do anything but you'll reap the consequences of what you will do.
>>
>>24689917
>>24689932
This is what normies tell people who are too weak to succeed, so to elevate them to the successor's level. 'Everyone who has ever succeeded has been trying at some point, you are trying, therefore you are worth as much as them already.' This is toxic. I know my worth. I shall not put myself among the ranks of people who deserve praise unjustly.
>>
>>24689818

Bullshit. You need to try the same way the earth orbits the sun. And you will. Regardless of what you want.
>>
>>24689957
Do whatever you want, anon. I don't care to help you out of your hole because you wouldn't help me out of mine. If you want to just lay down, admit defeat and take it, so be it. I can't afford to carry dead weight
>>
>>24690018
>f you want to just lay down, admit defeat and take it, so be it.

I will never do this.

I will never give up.

I will never succeed.
>>
7th grade
that's when I took the time to see how my life would go if I achieved what I always wanted (college degree, good job, big house) and I realized the half of it wasn't worth how much work it'd be so I set off into a life of credit card schemes and unemployment checks
>>
>>24690031
that's good. you should never stop trying. maybe you will succeed one day. I can't say for sure but don't give up.
>>
>>24690097
>maybe you will succeed one day.

I will not.
>>
>>24689793
This to be honest. All I ever wanted was to prove myself in a WW1 battle and die on flanders fields.
>>
>>24690106
why not? what is your goal?
>>
>>24690106
Then why the fuck are you trying you whiny faggot?
>>
>>24690115
Be intelligent, creative, knowledgeable, independent, have integrity, be cool-headed, truthful, indifferent to people's expectations, have good taste. None of that will ever happen.

>>24690118
Because I should.
>>
>>24690167
man, I thought you were going to say something like invent undiscovered technology and unlock the mysteries of bioquantumphysics or some crazy shit.
All that you just listed are things that can be definitely be listed out bing bang boom, xyz123abc on a piece of paper and be worked towards. You can succeed at that in fact pretty much everyone can if they made a true dedicated effort
>>
>>24690209
>You can succeed at that in fact pretty much everyone can if they made a true dedicated effort

'True dedicated effort' is a tautology: 'you can do it, you just need to give exactly as much effort as is needed to do it'. The tendencies of my brain are unsurmountable. My brain will never produce intelligent thoughts, produce revulsion at the thought of lying, produce opposition to the thought of giving to peer expectations. It was born flawed. I will try to overcome those tendencies and I will fail every time. I will never give up, and it will never amount to anything.
>>
File: why-00044.png (149 KB, 326x302) Image search: [Google]
why-00044.png
149 KB, 326x302
I never started.
Even when I was like 13 the only goal I had was to move out and make enough to afford an apartment with Internet and a computer. Now I'm 25 and I even failed that goal.
>>
>>24690261
>intelligent thoughts
pretty subjective
>revulsion at the thought of lying
why is this a bad thing?
>opposition to the thought of giving to peer expectations
you shouldn't do this anyway, follow your own expectations. you probably can't completely ignore them but you can choose to reject them

i believe you can reach those goals
>>
>>24690310
No, I cannot. My life will be of trying, failing, trying, failing, trying, failing, and death. I shall never give up, I shall try harder and harder.
>>
>>24690349
ok anon good luck
>>
>>24690363
Luck doesn't exist. There is only effort, and mine is insufficient. I will never stop giving effort. Everything depends on effort. Motivation is everything. I will never stop motivating myself. I will never stop giving effort. I will fail.
>>
>>24690375
chance exists
>>
>>24689750
I think I have meningitis, what should I do bros?
>>
File: contemplating crow.jpg (178 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
contemplating crow.jpg
178 KB, 1024x1024
>>24689750
It's more like I accepted that I had overly lofty goals that were getting me down. I've become happier with smaller-scale achievements, which makes me less stressed and funnily enough means I actually achieve more.
>>
>>24690536
Go and see a doctor for fucks sake.
>>
>>24689750
> when we die, everything we did gets erased like it didn't happen
so who cares
>>
>>24690749
You're alive now aren't you?
>>
>>24690375
BuIlshit
>>
When I moved to a town that treats you like gutter trash if you don't work in oil or some other job where you can get a limb severed off on a weekly basis. Even more so when my parents can't find any other way out and my dad spent the moving budget on new rims.
>>
i think i REALLY gave up at like 24is, maybe 23

im 25 and i have NO HOPE for anything real. my biggest aspirations in life is just to find a way to make money online so i can go to some poor country and shoot heroin all day

hard opiates are my goals for the rest of my life,and i never even took any opiates past coedine
>>
when i graduated uni and it didnt get better at all
>>
>>24691840
This sounds pretty good actually. Let me know when you find a way.
>>
>>24692016
For me it was when I started uni
>>
>>24690699
But I'm terrfied of the idea of a spinal tap
>>
>>24692109
uni was great for me. i could sleep in every day and never had to see my parents. the schoolwork sucked but i was used to it by then

now i work and make money but have nothing to spend it on so i just sleep in and take 2hr lunch breaks
>>
File: 1423777052199.png (736 KB, 680x582) Image search: [Google]
1423777052199.png
736 KB, 680x582
>>24692280
Yes goy! Don't complain, just go on and keep working for your jew boss. Life is pretty good right eheheh
>>
Year 11. I was trying so hard at my new school. Trying to become something. But I just couldn't handle all the people around me. I couldn't handle seeing other boys and girls my age walking around holding hands and talking to each other. I couldn't deal with packs of Chads passing by me and making comments about me as they did. I couldn't deal with having no friends, listening to groups of friends talking in class and then having to deal with a long journey home where I was again alone.
>>
>>24692387
i need money to eat and pay rent. i went to a top ranked uni so my parents won't give me any money
>>
File: Enoch_Powell_6_Allan_Warren.jpg (1003 KB, 4158x5134) Image search: [Google]
Enoch_Powell_6_Allan_Warren.jpg
1003 KB, 4158x5134
>>24689793
This
>I should like to have been killed in the war
>>
>>24689750
When I became homeless 3 years ago and the state took one look at me and decided to file for NEETbux instead of even trying to rehabilitate me and get me back into a job.
Just been floating since then
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.