[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get $4/hr raise >lay in bed for an extra hour every morning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: 1447377939948.jpg (51 KB, 526x701) Image search: [Google]
1447377939948.jpg
51 KB, 526x701
>get $4/hr raise
>lay in bed for an extra hour every morning

how do i get the drive to aquire more wealth? i have a really nice PC, a good TV, my car isn't beautiful but i only drive to work & the grocery store so it does the job fine.
i am currently bulking so not trying to buy clothes or anything.

honestly my money just sits in the bank account in case of emergency. i have no gf so all i have to pay for is food, rent, gas, and gym membership.

how can i get ambition without having a gf to demand it from me?

i just don't know what to spend money on i have everything i want except a gf/family
>>
Similar situation here. I have more than enough money to live comfortably with my frugal single life.

The only thing that would motivate me is working less hours, which is crazy dreamthink in Murica.
>>
Wew lad, $4/hr?

Man, with those $16/hr you make you might even be able to get your pizza delivered some time.
>>
>>24689576
i had $14/hr now i get $18. i dont think it's bad for living in a small town ($350/mo rent) and my first job ever.

what do i do as a result of getting paid more? i just sleep more and clock in at 11am generally. i work like 5-6hr days
>>
>>24689562
>The only thing that would motivate me is working less hours

literally me desu
>>
>>24689526
Why would you want to spend more if you are happy?

Seriously, there is nothing wrong with what you do. If you are happy with what you have, there is no reason to chase the carot that they keep hanging in front of your face.
>>
>>24689677
i dont necessarily want to spend more but i want the will to do more. girls love "ambition" and i want a gf. telling a gril i do the minimum amount of work required to live a frugal life will surely dry up her pussy
>>
SMOKE METH AND STEAL THINGS
>>
just save up enough money so that you can buy a cottage in the woods and isolate yourself from the normies OP
>>
>>24689526

Save. Buy land. Start building house.
>>
File: 1a8ZWl.jpg (33 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1a8ZWl.jpg
33 KB, 640x360
This is your time to travel or take up hobbies
>>
>>24690661
>travel
most boring normie activity desu. i work for a travel company

>hobbies
like what? everything seems dry and uninteresting. i just lift & cook to stay healthy. i wouldn't consider those hobbies though because i wouldn't do them if i could get /fit/ sitting on my ass and eating pizza
>>
>>24689526
Don't lust after possessions, spend the money on experiences. Go sky diving or bungee jumping or rock climbing or to concerts. Material possessions never give any motiviation
>>
>>24690955
Snowboarding or skiing maybe
Do skydiving at least once

If I had a shitload of money that's the first things I'd spend it on.
And if they suck, oh well that gives me something to bitch about on 4chan and feel superior over normies with.
>>
>>24690955
>sky diving
did this with my coworkers it wasn't enjoyable at all. only good part of the trip was getting a tan
>bungee jumping
don't know how this would be fun if skydiving wasn't
>rock climbing
no thanks i would rather just lift desu. plus i live in florida we have no mountains
>concerts
i don't really like music any more. i went to a few concerts with some normies and felt so out of place. also it was too loud to talk to grils
>>
File: sugar2.png (205 KB, 423x423) Image search: [Google]
sugar2.png
205 KB, 423x423
>>24691060
> i live in florida

Ah, there's your fucking problem
>>
>>24691099
why? what's wrong with FL and where is better?
>>
File: 435436234.jpg (345 KB, 1356x763) Image search: [Google]
435436234.jpg
345 KB, 1356x763
>>24691348
Inside red is modern civilization
>>
>>24689526
Start saving for retirement now. Only 70 more years to go before you can relax. Heheheheh.
>>
>>24690936
Try gloving as a hobby
>>
File: 1417555472697.png (272 KB, 696x1053) Image search: [Google]
1417555472697.png
272 KB, 696x1053
>>24689526
>>get $4/hr raise
if I got a $4 raise my salary would more than double
cant afford shit
fuck this fucking gay country with its low paying jobs
>>
>>24691397
what's wrong with FL though? lots of sunlight, beef, and oranges. how would my life improve if i moved away from these things which enrich my life daily
>>
>>24691397
>Queensland
>Modern
Hurf
>>
>>24691397
Why that little section of Queensland anon?
>>
>>24691615
Closest piece of civilization there is Mackay, with their wonderful, er, uh, uhhhhh, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
>>
>>24689526
Buy a motorcycle, then do trackdays. They're fun and if you have disposable cash you can put super cool parts on your bike.
>>
>>24692034
what is the appeal? i hate driving my car i actually get my roomate to drive me everywhere
>>
>living the dream
>want's to become more of a good goy

For what purpose? You have enough money. Don't be pressured by society in to pointlessly chasing more.
>>
>>24692685
>what is the appeal?
Adrenaline and the mastery of machine. What's not to like about it?
>>
acquire sufficient money to enable yourself to take a year off from everything. no work, no obligations, no unwanted socializing, no nothing, just you in your room and occasionally going out to forage for food.

i'm currently doing something similar to this and it's great, it's like a hard reset for all the shitty psychological habits and perspectives that have been making me miserable for years. the absence of external stimuli allows me to consider my own nature and idiosyncrasies in isolation, and correct the ones I don't like. for the first couple weeks I just played lots of vidya, ate lots of shitty food, and generally lazed around; but in the absence of sources of stress and pressure, the desire to indulge in hedonism to counter them eventually faded away too. now I'm learning to program and working out and reading 12 hours a day and ENJOYING it.
>>
>>24692770
i am bored as fuck and just lay in bed all day when im not lifting, working, or cooking
>>
>>24692777
it just doesn't seem like fun. i would only do it it i got paid to. i dont like driving really.
>>
>>24693004
op here
i did this one summer. i had a class but i only studied like 3 days before the exam (3 exams only) so basically i just had 90% of my time free. i sold drugs so i made $ sitting on my ass. i basically just spent all my time lifting and getting high. time flew by so fast but it wasn't gratifying. i spent half the day asleep
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.