[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i just had a fucking intervention. been NEET for 2-3 years,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21
File: temple.jpg (600 KB, 1920x1189) Image search: [Google]
temple.jpg
600 KB, 1920x1189
i just had a fucking intervention.

been NEET for 2-3 years, play video games 18 hours a day, checked out of society, all of that.

3 family members bursted into my room and told me my life is going no where, and they want to help me. they tried to make an appointment with a psychiatrist for me but i don't want to go. i have already given up.

what do? i'm scared. i refuse to ever get a job. i would rather kill myself than work 40 hours a week.
>>
find an intellectual hobby that involves the collection and reading of non-fiction books.

dead serious. it's the video games that are killing you, man. no one respects such a waste of life and time. find your intellectual niche, your interests, and go full autism mode into them, then your family will at least feel like you're building up towards something and using your time more wisely.

video games are a pathetic distraction and to be honest, you probably deserved the intervention if you spend 18hrs playing them.
>>
Go to the psychiatrist and be as honest as possible.
If they suggest things be honest about your thoughts about it.

Worst case they'll tell you they can't do anything for you and you'll be back to where you are now, best case you'll improve your life.
>>
>>24688701
Don't do this OP, it's a lifelong stigma and you don't even get anything out of it
>>
>>24688607
Go to the shrink. They are a waste of time and money (since they have no interest in helping patients quickly). Nothing will change, you'll just get your family off your back and you can still be a pathetic NEET.
>>
>>24688690
>no one respects such a waste of life and time
>implying life has any meaning
death is inevitable for all living creatures and nothing we do will ever truly matter, this whole nothing of "wasting your life" is just a ploy by the jew to get you to work for 50 years so he can get his pension. do you really want to spend your life being a miserable slave just for someone elses financial gain?

keep playing your video games op, keep living for yourself and your own personal enjoyment. don't let the jewshills persuade you into becoming yet another pig for the tax man
>>
>>24688726
Why would you ever tell people you see a psychologist? Do you also tell people you post on 4chan?
>>
Same thing happened to me OP. But I did ended up taking a shitty 40 hour job at minimum wage so they fucking stop bothering me.
>>
>>24688779
>get diagnosed mentally ill
>employers find out thanks to big data
>never get a job again
but at least they told me some bullshit that never helps anyone!
>>
>>24688607
>i refuse to ever get a job. i would rather kill myself than work 40 hours a week.

Okay, then how do you expect to live? your parents are going to die someday. how do you think people live if they don't work? money doesn't grow on trees. you don't have to work slave labour, op, just get a fucking job at target or something. how is this so difficult?
>>
>>24688775
OP here
fucking hell what you just said is exactly what i'm thinking every day.

the only purpose we have in life is to have fun. but ''having fun'' is literally just a chemical reaction in your brain anyway.

i am not going to throw away 5 days of my life per week and then have 2 days of life.
>>
>>24688775
He would pay other people's aid, yes... But he will also get benefits and eventually enjoy the same pension.
>>
>>24688799
your employers won't find out unless you tell them, anon. you're just making up excuses so you don't have to put the effort into trying to improve your life. I can't even blame you for it, I know it's difficult as all hell, but there comes the point where you just have to realize that you're the one standing in your way. why are you doing this to yourself? how do you expect things to get any better if the only thing you put work into is complaining?
>>
Exit bags are all the rage these days I hear OP.
>>
>>24688814
i'll be dead before my parents die.
>>
>>24688866
>your employers won't find out unless you tell them, anon
haha sure they won't. And I'm making no excuses buddy, I shall never work a day in my life regardless of whether I could get a job or not (I can't, but it's not an excuse)
>>
>>24688886
okay, and how's that? suicide? where are you gonna get a shotgun/pills/exit bag if you don't have money? are you gonna ask mom to lend you her credit card so you can get a helium tank and face mask off amazon for an arts and crafts project?
>>
>>24688863
>pension
>for all the people currently in their 20's

Nope, not gonna happen. As it is, if the trend continues, with extreme efficiency combined with an upcoming explosion of robots, more than 95% of people will "retire" with the exact same mandatory government aid, and not a penny more.
>>
>>24688690
There's nothing wrong with video games. It's just as viable as reading a book. People just delude themselves into thinking "oh video games are so useless and stupid" but if you took someone who doesn't play video games, handed them a controller and told them to play they would not know how and wouldn't be able to understand the game. I've seen this happen far too often.

OP doesn't need to do jack shit to be honest, I didn't become an intellectual by reading books. I read manga, watched anime and play video games as a kid and ended up being more intellectual (and intelligent) than the kids who read entire novels in a day. People still assume that I read tons of fucking books and shit, I tell them I don't read and they don't believe me.

I do agree however that OP should find another hobby to add onto the video games. Of you're going to be a NEET you can't just spend all your time doing one thing. You have so much time you can do more than a person working a full time job.
Pick up an instrument and tell your parents you want to be an artist. Keep practicing until you master it and then find another hobby rinse and repeat.

I'm getting sick of shitheads coming here blaming video games or insulting video games. Just because you can interact with art doesn't make it any less art.

People literally sit down and watch people play pretend on tv while you watch and nobody complains about it when its the worst possible thing you could be doing. At least video games works out your brain and motor skills because you can't get through it without puzzles or strategy etc depending on the game.
>>
>>24688853
That's true. But humans are also creatures which desire pride and self respect. Having neither of those things will make you miserable in the long run. Working and making yourself and your family proud will make yourself happier in the long run.
>>
>>24688607
Haha I laughed at your family relatives who genuinely think this "intervention" could "help" you in any way. Normies are so deluded.

>>24688853
This, I swear we need to cut every voting right for women and start going back to a free market system. NEETs shouldn't be able to live past their first year on this earth. This is the only way to cure our suffering.
>>
That's fine but when you start having serious health problems or want to kill yourself don't blog here again. Into the trash you and the rest of your generation goes.
>>
>>24688853
I agree with that but don't you feel like a massive leach because you're just idling in your parents house, living off of them?

I'm currently living with my parents, and I spend all my time doing what I want to do, and think that's the best way, but I feel really bad that I'm leaching off of them, I'd love to get a job but I have social anxiety up the ass so I've just been putting it off for years
>>
>>24688912
>haha sure they won't
gonna need a citation of some sort besides
>because I said so

>I can't
why not? just because you don't qualify for some high paying position at a company or something doesn't mean you can't get a job as a janitor or something. go to the unemployment office. it's what it's made for.

You still haven't said why you refuse to get a job. Is the reason really that jew boogie man shit? are you seriously throwing your life away just because you read too many 4chan posts?
>>
>>24688913
Exit bags cost less than $100 to construct, why would he have to work 40 hours a week to get one.
>>
>>24688924
>, I didn't become an intellectual by reading books. I read manga
>>
File: p7.jpg (40 KB, 539x360) Image search: [Google]
p7.jpg
40 KB, 539x360
>>24688924
I didn't become an intellectual by reading books. I read manga, watched anime and play video games as a kid and ended up being more intellectual (and intelligent) than the kids who read entire novels in a day
>>
>>24688607
Just do it for your family nigger.

If you're weak you will change.
If you're strong you will ascend to wizardhood.
>>
>>24688913
i'm pretty sure i'm over 600lbs now and my leg has a tumor the size of a football.

and by the way, how do niggers in the ghetto survive? they don't work and they're doing fine.
>>
>>24688814
>you don't have to work slave labour, op, just get a fucking job at target or something. how is this so difficult?

it's not the difficulty of the job it's the hours you fucking moron

i'll happily work 15 hours a week (3 hours a day)

but no fucking way am i wasting 8 hours a day 5 days a week for the next 50 years of my life, i've got way too much anime and video games on my backlog to give that much of my life away to the jew

and as for your argument of what will i do when my parents stop supporting me? with all the free time i have thanks to not being a fucking slave i will live a fulfilling life in half the time our average slave will so by the time i am 35 i will have lived the same amount as your average 70 year old
>>
How do you live now, OP? Who feeds you? Whose home do you live in?
>>
>>24688977
Because the white man supports these by welfare.
>>
File: 16042497_big_p2.jpg (113 KB, 800x517) Image search: [Google]
16042497_big_p2.jpg
113 KB, 800x517
>>24688775
Hey autismo you're on r9k you don't have to justify it here, the guy is telling OP why his family/whoever is intervening and how to stop it. Save your speech for your own intervention.
>>
>>24688973
Not hin but

>"intellectual"
Kek. Did you watch LoGH and think you're a philosopher? You can't be an intellectual without at least learning formal logic, which you will never learn watching entertainment.
>>
>>24688960
i really couldn't care less.
yes, i realize i couldn't live without mom but i'm used to that thought. i'm spoiled because dad was never there.
>>
>>24688979
>by the time i am 35 i will have lived the same amount as your average 70 year old
I can't even tell if you're being serious. How is sitting in a computer chair for a few decades living?

This thread is so depressing I just can't wrap my head around it. Why, god, why, OP, are you doing this to yourself? Why?
>>
>>24688863
assuming you are only in your 20s. the way the world is currently going we won't live to see pension age
>>
>>24688607
Same boat as me, lad. Will be listed as mentally unfit here soon since I'm planing on stoping with all the shit my family has set up for me as a way not to have me committed somewhere permanently. I'm just gonna go nuts and have someone shoot me, I think. You should do the same. Life is really, really not fucking worth everything that has to go into it.
>>
>>24689021
>sitting in a computer chair for a few decades
my parents pay for everything and i do nothing but save my neet bucks for over seas trips
i live more while being a complete leech on society than your average "working class" drone
>>
>>24688965
>>24688979
where the hell are you coming up with this black and white view of work? why does every job have to be 40/50 hr a week? you do realize that part-time jobs exist, right?
>>
>>24689021
Why do you even come here? Serious question.
Do you honestly think you're a robot when you are appalled at things like this?
>>
>>24688853
Hey OP. I am a full time student in stem and just got a job (I'm >>24688924) by the end of the week after finishing exams and presentation after presentation, I need to go in for work after I make a trip early in the morning to the dentist. I will leave work by 11pm and do the same the next day going back to work. It is by far the worst thing you could ever possibly imagine. Don't let these interventions get to you. By all means you have the opportunity to not slave away until you die. Keep it.
I'm honestly getting sick and tired of the idea that after a long week of studies and assignments its taboo for me to sit down and play video games to relax. If I had time for other hobbies I would do them but being forced to interact with people 6 times a week and pretend I'm enjoying it is hell.
Sure I may get an office job that will allow me to shitpost all day but I'm in my youth, I don't have any friends and I don't go outside unless I need to or am going to do something by myself. I don't understand how I am supposed to be happy right now. I got out of high school at the top student in my entire graduating class, even during those times I engaged in extracurriculars that were 7 days a week so I spent over 10 hours in school every day.
How am I supposed to be happy doing this? Nobody can justify what happiness I get from all this work. And when I want to stop they say there is something wrong with my. I'm completely exhaust OP. There's nothing fun about this.

>>24688971
>>24688973
That's why I said people don't believe me. I do read non fiction books to learn things, but I was by far ahead of everyone in my class and still am in college when it comes to critical thinking and analysis as well as knowledge.
>>
File: 1442176388401.jpg (12 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
1442176388401.jpg
12 KB, 258x245
>>24688924
>There's nothing wrong with video games. It's just as viable as reading a book

>a medium with thousands of years of history, with some of the greatest minds humanity has had to offer producing them is in no way superior to a medium in it's complete infancy largely being made as disposable products to make a quick buck
>>
>>24689066
Not him but good luck living off a part time job. Fuck, even most full time jobs a highschool grad can get will barely pay you enough to get by.
If you don't even have a diploma you're fucked. Get a GED ASAP.
>>
>>24688979
>i've got way too much anime and video games on my backlog to give that much of my life away to the jew

Funny because they're largely soulless products produced by the jew to make some more money off you in your free time.
>>
Op, even by 35 you will never make a dent in all the media out there, if you aren't sick of it already.

Anyway it's a good comfy life for our place and time in the world. At least until your parents drop dead.
>>
>>24689082
Didn't know Twilight was that amazing. Thanks bub.
>>
>>24689082
Not him but if all you ever read is entertainment then it's really not that much better than a video game. Books are only as good as the information they contain. You can learn useful, relevant information or you can, like most book readers, get obsessed with the details of novels that hardly have any useful info in them at all.
>>
File: top meme.jpg (26 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
top meme.jpg
26 KB, 360x240
>>24689082
>the "I'm intelligent but lazy" meme
>>
>>24688929
>normies are so deluded

They're just trying to get op the fuck out of the house. No one wants to pay for some extra body to sit in a room all day sucking up resources.
>>
>>24688960

OP didn't ask to be born, he owes nothing to society.

The whole 'hurr you're a leech on society' shaming tactics doesn't work anymore when you feel so cast out and rejected by society that being a 'leech' is the only way to tell the whole game to go fuck itself.
>>
>>24688726
>mfw I thought you were talking about playing video games every waking minute

Fuckin kek
>>
>>24689060
No you don't though that's the point. Everyone travels these days. Your time is basically spent the same as a drone only you don't get paid for it. In fact if you don't have a social life at all outside of blogging on 4chan you might be doing less. The problem with neets is often that they stopped developing in their teens and you act like its the opposite lmao
>>
>>24689097
well it's a good thing i download my anime for free instead of paying for it now isn't it
>>
>>24689081
>That's why I said people don't believe me
I know what you meant, man, i'm just teasing you. I see where you're coming from, we're all robots here. We know this shit.

But the helpful video games are rare, though. And books are still generally more useful.
>>
>>24689116
Should have aborted OP then. He didnt wish to be born, his parents did. They should be responsible.
>>
>>24688979
40 hours a week is just too much. it's too much of a wall going from doing nothing to working 8 fucking hours per day. a man isn't supposed to work 8 hours per day. most people are already exhausted after 4-5 hours.

if i could work 16-20 hours per week i would probably do it. just getting out of the house and doing something is good, but 8 hours per day? come on..

>>24689034
exactly. i think childhood was pretty good but i'm 21 now and the rest of my life is going to be shit most of the time. the next 50 years will be exactly the same, and then i'm too old to do anything. it's not worth it going through all that.
>>
>>24688912
Currently treated for some dumb shit and you literally never have to tell anyone anything, the only way anyone would know you're a loon is if you had a violent offense on record and they had to investigate further and half the time most shrinks don't even release that information. You're good
>>
>>24688977
They fucking hustle bitches. Also welfare.
>>
>>24689117
The only way is to die. And it definitely works to shame them if the goal is to make them feel more like shit. Actions have consequences.
>>
>>24689117
And society owes nothing to him. If he can't feed himself, he should die.
>>
>>24689136
I just don't like the stigma on video games as if no work is put into them and any dumbass can walk up and play them.

But should OP take up another hobby even if its reading a book? Yes.
>>
>>24688964
>just because you don't qualify for some high paying position at a company or something doesn't mean you can't get a job as a janitor or something
I don't want either mate, I'd sooner live on the streets
>are you seriously throwing your life away just because you read too many 4chan posts
I'd say the people who waste half their lives are the ones throwing their life away :^)
>>
>>24689159
This, but why wait 20 years, feeding a human, but then dropping it out of welfare? This is hell on earth. Why does welfare exist? Id rather not be even born or die at 2 then to walk around as a 20+ NEET.
>>
>>24689142
>a man isn't supposed to work 8 hours per day.
Up until a few decades into the industrial revolution people spent most of their time doing some kind of work, whether it was for survival or money.
>>
>>24688977
Post a pic w/time stamp of that tumor or gtfo
>>
>>24688866
I run a big data company and I can confirm, employers will find out.
>>
>>24689141
this anon gets it
don't blame me for being forced into a game i never wanted to play. my parents were the ones with the white picket fence syndrome who needed to feel special and decided they wanted a child but didn't stop to think if i wanted to be apart of this fucked up world.
blame those selfish fucks for forcing me to be here, don't blame me for something i had no control over
>>
>>24689159

>and society owes nothing to him

Oh what a time we live in...where society tells the individual to 'deal with it' and yet puts it in their face that they're worthless. And the collective is SURPRISED when people opt out of it?

Give me a fucking break. Collectivism is a cancer.
>>
Holy shit OP you might have a lot of knowledge in various areas because of manga, videogames and other sources but don't claim you're an intellectual

Fucking hell man
>>
>>24689070
I'm not appalled at all, I'm just very emotionally sensitive. I've been here for a long while and have seen much worse stuff without being fazed, but this story is just impossibly sad to me. I'm just thinking about OP's life and it really kills me to be affronted with the knowledge that somewhere there is a human that lives this horribly empty existence simply because he doesn't want to help himself. The past year has been very isolated and lonely for me and that alone made me feel so much pain and misery that I can't live like this anymore and am trying to improve, slowly. I can't imagine what living years upon years like this must be like. All this because he can't stop indulging himself.

I really don't care whether I'd be considered a robot or not. All it is is the misery olympics, 4chan edition. What would I be gaining by qualifying as one? Why does everyone get so defensive over who gets to be a robot or not? All I know is that I'm sad and lonely. Who cares beyond that. What are you trying to prove to yourself by needing to be known as a robot?
>>
File: 8-Hours.jpg (94 KB, 400x283) Image search: [Google]
8-Hours.jpg
94 KB, 400x283
>>24689185
and the industrial revolution was a horrible time. everyone was complaining about the worktimes back then.
i love how you're saying it like ''this is how a man is supposed to live! in the industrial revolution!''.
>>
>>24689197
>tfw had a sever cold when I was born
>I could have exited this ride 21 years ago
>but my heart was too strong
I wish I ended right there.
>>
>>24689127
>blogging on 4chan
irony aside how did the tumblrs get in?
>>
>mfw lived as a neet with money for 4 years and thought every day was just passing by without me noticing
>couldn't tell the day or the time and felt like I was aging fast
>was lonely too and found out loneliness kills you faster than smoking all day
>started working at a cushy job even though the commute was an hour
>started doing like 10 times as many activities as before which I suddenly had energy for
I agree that people like op should just die though. They don't have the option to walk into a job they make all the decisions in, and they weren't ever disciplined to understand why they do what they do. Better yet there are tons of clinical trials they can sign up for and live as neets and even get paid to do so.
>>
>>24689088
clearly, op doesn't need a job to live off of if his parents will support him regardless. you take a part time job as a stepping stone. if op were to actually get a part time job, the logical next step would be to work up to a better paying job.

also, what are roommates?
>>
>>24689109
Yeah because books are solely commercial fiction.

>>24689111
>Not him but if all you ever read is entertainment

Pointless dichotomy you are trying to make. Reading non-fiction or literary fiction is entertaining. Something worthwhile doesn't have to be something that isn't entertaining.

>>24689113
Never said anything about myself memester, just funny that someone thinks video games are anywhere on par with books. I play video games myself, but making a statement like he did is silly.
>>
I'm saying up until the beginning of the modern era you had to work your life away anyway. The only difference is that now you get paid to do menial work instead of hard labor for money and more hard labor for survival.
Men have always worked, always.
>>
>>24689214
The biological misery is a temporary teenage/young adult phase.

The mind adapts, comfort is found, substitutes abound.

This path he chooses is a blessing of the modern first world. There are worse fates to be had than perpetual escapism.
>>
>>24689252
You mean the plebs have always worked.
>>
>>24689250
So you're seriously going to argue that reading Twilight has the same value to you and society as reading a mathematics or history book?
>>
>>24689203
So did you opt out or were you rejected? Nobody is surprised, were either berating you for being an idiot or encouraging you to stop being an idiot. The most ordinary thing someone can do is be lazy. we get surprised when somebody is selfless or pleasant
>>
>>24689274
If you told us your name would the political and business savvy posters recognize your family?
If not you'd be a pleb in any other time as well.
>>
If you need to get a job, get night security.

>pays fairly well because normies don't want to do it
>don't have to deal with coworkers or supervisors except for maybe a few minutes at the beginning/end of your shift
>get paid to sit on your ass doing whatever, as long as you walk around a bit every couple hours you'll be doing your job
>get to go home and sleep/fuck around all day while everyone else is at work
>since it's not a strenuous/mentally taxing job you'll find you don't need a lot of sleep
>don't even need to worry about what to wear because you have a uniform

I'm getting paid $15 an hour to eat, play vidya, and watch movies. I do maybe 20 minutes of actual work in an 8 hour shift and I get glowing reviews from my supervisors. In the 8 months I've worked night security I've had two alarms, one was a raccoon and the other was a drunk who was mortified to learn he was trespassing and apologized profusely that he made me "go to all that trouble" to reset the alarm.

Night security is work for people who don't like work.
>>
>>24689141
What's the cutoff for abortions these days?
>>
>>24689214
just because you are a sad sack of shit doesn't mean we all are

sure i'd like to have a few friends and even experience sex for the first time in my life but i'm still happy despite the lack of those things. my anime and video games comfort me on a daily basis and i get to live and experience a new world on a daily basis because of it
>>
>>24689275
I don't even know how you got that from the point i made. I never said anything of the sort. You are either trying to bait me on purpose or have no reading comprehension.
>>
>>24689171
>I'd sooner live on the streets
why? would you really rather be homeless, cold and starving in stead of warm at least wealthy enough to pirate anime on your off hours?

>>24689196
I totally believe one random post on 4chan without anything backing it up.
>>
>>24689292
I never said i wasn't a pleb. Just making a statement.
>>
>>24689275
It might not stimulate your mind as much as learning a scientific textbook.

But i'm going to say yes, it has more personal value than learning the names and places of dead royalty and the people they forced to fight.
>>
>>24689293
That sounds pretty great, I wouldn't know where to look for that kind of thing though, not that I've ever truly tried
>>
>>24689275
In many cases yes, depending on if you're just a casual reader or a professional in a relevant field doing research. after that it just depends on how many situations you get into where you can use something you read in one book or another, but most likely it won't be much at all
>>
How can you refuse to work? Are you just going to be homeless when your family gets tired of your shit or dies off? It's easy to make declarations like that when someone else is footing the bill for your existence but have you thought this through to its logical conclusion?
>>
>>24689302
>on your off hours
ie when you're too tired to even do anything but stare at a wall and count down the seconds to your next eight hours of agony, but yep. Tell you what, I'd geta job as a janitor if I can work only two or three days a week and don't have to see absolutely anyone at all, and don't have to interview to get the job. I'm capable of physically working, at least I would be if I could get used to it, just not with other people, such a thing doesn't exist though, guess I'm staying NEET
>>
>>24689243
>and they weren't ever disciplined to understand why they do what they do.
why don't you explain us, buddy?

>well you gotta support yourself!
why?
>because you need food and a roof over your head!
why not just live with mom?
>because you need to become successful in life!
why would you go through all that effort, basically selling your life, just so you can say you're successful? if you just stay with mom and never go out, nobody will ever find out you're a loser anyway. so it's literally just the same except you don't have to sell your life if you live with mom.
>>
>>24688607
>checked out of society
>i have already given up
>i refuse to ever get a job
Are you me?
>>
>>24689345
Not true.
Learn basic chemistry, biology, anatomy, physiology and it will change the way you perceive the world, even if you never use it professionally.

You have all the time in the world, pull yourself away from masturbating to anime for awhile, pirate a textbook, and watch some khan academy.
>>
>>24688701

don't listen to this faggot's advice

IF you go to a psychiatrist, they will just prescribe you shitty placebo drugs that cause more harm than good eg: SSRIs
because they're fucking retarded and only want to make money

also, you will be permanently disqualified from EZ mode military service and benefits forever for even visiting a psychiatrist
>>
>>24689356
>>24689296
Okay, then, OP. I really, truly don't get it, but if it works for you, okay.
>>
why are so many young men checking out of society right now?
>>
>>24689337

Most job search sites have entire categories dedicated to security jobs
>>
File: vladimir-nabokov.jpg (39 KB, 411x395) Image search: [Google]
vladimir-nabokov.jpg
39 KB, 411x395
>people thinking things are only worthwhile in what they teach you rather than the aesthetic experience itself

Nabokov puts it better than me

>In this course I have tried to reveal the mechanism of those wonderful toys - literary masterpieces. I have tried to make of you good readers who read books not for the infantile purpose of identifying oneself with the characters, and not for the adolescent purpose of learning to live, and not for the academic purpose of indulging in generalizations. I have tried to teach you to read books for the sake of their form, their visions, their art. I have tried to teach you to feel a shiver of artistic satisfaction, to share not the emotions of the people in the book but the emotions of its author --the joys and difficulties of creation. We did not talk around books, about books; we went to the center of this or that masterpiece, to the live heart of the matter.
>>
>>24688607
If you need someone to help you rationalize suicide I can help you with that.
>>
>>24689349
Welfare state my friend.
>>
>>24689416
Because they've lost the hope of a better future. If you live in the U.S., you're living in a nation that's on borrowed time as we're in more debt than we'll ever get out of, marriage and family has been devalued, and we've turned from being a nation of laws to a nation paid for by corporate and globalist interests. When you lose hope, you have nothing.
>>
>>24689432
Knowledge doesn't need aesthetics.
>>
>>24689109
Twilight isn't amazing, but neither are the crapload of consumer driven video-drivel coming from game "developers" nowadays.
>>
>>24688607
OP why did you quit life? Were you just lazy or did normies make life difficult for you when you tried? I'm the latter, the usual star student, attending top universities, despite all this everyone treats me like shit, nobody likes me, fuck working for this society, quit life, spend the past 4 years NEET watching the stars wishing I was on another planet.
>>
>>24689243
>I agree that people like op should just die though.

Do you have no self-awareness? You basically said yourself that you were like OP, arguably even worse in your eyes because you were NEET even longer than he has been, but somehow he is deserving of death when you aren't?
>>
>>24689416
Are you kidding me?

A better question would be Why are there still people who haven't dropped out of life yet?

there is no reason to live in 2015, and more and more people are figuring this out. it's just not worth it to be alive after age 21. you have to put an extreme amount of effort in to get a tiny bit of enjoyment.
>>
>>24689082
All the ground work has at least been done. We don't have to spend another few thousand years trying to perfect language, we don't have to spend a few thousand perfecting sculpting, shading, lighting, and general painting, we don't have to try and figure out how to compose beautiful music scores, flowing from low ends to high ends and pushing people's emotions one way or another. All that is already done for us. All we have to do is figure out how yo make it all worl in a computer animated environment.
>>
>>24689416

Because society stopped giving a flying fuck about them. Messages are constantly spread about how men are worthless, creepy monsters and the collective has the fucking nerve to expect our participation still?

Rightfully young men SHOULD turn their back on a system that has turned its back on them. Live for yourself and avoid nonsense kekery.
>>
>>24689403
I got a degree in biology and work as a scientist. I'm not saying any of the other dogshit, I'm just saying reading one book or another doesn't have any more "value" just because it sounds more complicated or euphoric intellectual. People can change their perspectives reading anything with an open mind, and value depends on how you use information, not how valuable the information itself might be (even by that metric art is very valuable). Most people read just to read, which is better than doing nothing but only to the extent that you might be able to communicate better and have something to think about. if that isn't the case like if you read an irrelevant old history book that you don't really care for beyond "cool I'm smart now" then you're worse off than if you read Harry Potter or Sherlock Holmes
>>
I wonder how many years it will take before op gets sick of watching car keys jingling.
>>
>>24689356
>too tired to even do anything

You do realize normies do shit all the time when not at work right? Go with that night security gig. Anon said you can watch anime all night anyway.
>>
You guys realize that people work so that they can afford things to bring more enjoyment into their lives, right? No one works because they want to support society, they want to support themselves and their own happiness.
>>
>>24689416
>Gotta be wealthy and confident
>Have to bust your ass in college for years and have contacts up the ass to get that wealth
>Have to be born attractive and well liked in order to grow up confident
I'm done man, I have hormones coming in the mail, if you can't beat em join em.
>>
>>24689606
What if life doesn't provide any happines outside of hedonistic faps and animus.
What if there is no happiness for autistic NEETs?
>>
>>24689606
>No one works because they want to support society, they want to support themselves and their own happiness.

Not mutually exclusive.
>>
You run here so we can validate your lifestyle but who's going to put OP up in their apartment and take care of him when his parents get tired of it?
>>
>>24689563
If you're living in ignorance you miss out on a lot though.

I you read nothing but fictional faff then you won't have the knowledge to spot terrible movie science mistakes and chortle in superiority.
>>
>>24688607
>they tried to make an appointment with a psychiatrist for me but i don't want to go

Dude, you're fucking set.

Just drone on about how you're a sluggish piece of shit, and the psych will give you some Adderall or some shit. Use the boost to go git a job.
>>
>>24689602
can't get a night security job, normies took them all. You still have to talk to people too, and interview. And normies live to work, no wonder they don't tire out, they would work 120 hours a week and sleep 4 hours a day if they could. I went through school and it was murder.
>>
>>24688924
you sound like you're in denial. get rekt fag.
>>
>>24689606
alright lets see, so you:

>wake up
>prepare lunch
>eat breakfast
>rush to work
>work all day
>come home
>do groceries
>make a meal
>eat the meal
>do laundry and dishes
>shower and brush teeth

when you've done all this you have one, maybe two hours of life before you gotta go to bed again.
seems like a really bad deal. you do all these things for some enjoyment in the weekend? those 2 out of 7 days of life you got? what do you even do with the money? buy a new video game? go out clubbing? enjoy your dopamine rush, bro.

and before you say ''HURRR IT DOESNT WORK THAT WAY! YOU CANT AFFORD A HOUSE AND FOOD WITHOUT WORK!!!''.
welfare. it's more than enough to live from. not a mediaconsuming life with the latest iphone and rayban sunglasses, but who the fuck cares?
>>
>>24689760

Don't you have to have kids to be eligible for welfare?
>>
>>24689760
Pussy brah.
Enjoy your hand.
>>
File: F12mpuxh.jpg (59 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
F12mpuxh.jpg
59 KB, 576x1024
>>24689813
i'll enjoy my waifus pussy
>>
>>24689760
>go out clubbing
This and new car payments are literally it. They live paycheck to paycheck and blow hundreds of dollars a night which took them a week to earn
>>
>>24689659
You only say it doesn't provide happiness for them because they don't have access to the things that would make them happy and being a neet is only making it more difficult for them to obtain these things.

>>24689663
you really think anyone gives a fuck about society? even scientists don't care, they just wanna make a name for themselves. these people that work so that they can buy that pair of jeans or a new tv or whatever are just like you- they just want to enjoy themselves. only difference is they work so they can afford even bigger and better things while you're 'content' to just settle with anime and video games you pirate offline.
>>
>>24689830
The pussy is higher up on a girl fyi
>>
>>24689302
You don't think medical records are never exposed?
You think you can't create a profile for people with mental issues?

I've written a crawler for government websites related to court cases, it then filters that data and sells it to law agencies, who get new clients and client info out of that.

Leaving the program running doing nothing (it's just a bash script running as a cron job in linux, for those inclined, I suck at programming) makes me about 30k euros yearly.
It makes my life feel empty though.
>>
>>24689760
>not a mediaconsuming life with the latest iphone and rayban sunglasses, but who the fuck cares?
the people that work so they can buy cool things, apparently.
>>
>>24689813
another chemical reaction in your brain that gives you that pleasure. if that feeling is all you're after just fucking do heroin or something.

nothing is worth it.
>>
>>24689867
sounds pretty retarded. you're literally selling your life to have some brandname stuff.
>>
>>24688853
You sound like me when I was 17, playing vidya all day ceases to be fun after a while
I'm not saying become a wageslave, only do that if you have no other choice, but for god's sake find something productive to do
True fulfilment only comes through progress and creation
>>
>>24689852
sure they are, but what super secret jewish boogieman society specifically works to out average joes just so that their bosses can grin smugly and chuckle to themselves because they just love firing bipolar people?
>>
>200 BC
>being a slave and being poor

>2015
>still a slave and still poor

you wagecuks are a bunch of retards.
the only difference between 200 BC and today is that we can now chose to simply be poor and not be slaves.
>>
>>24689869
Maybe to you, but suggest that to a sex maniac.
>>
>>24689760
You can't really win this argument when the overwhelming majority of neets just wake up and sit at a computer all day and eat junk food.

Most people have hobbies and still go out 3-5 times a day beyond that. You can hang out for an hour at lunch and depending on the job talk to people throughout the day which itself is satisfying, something you couldn't disagree with while shitposting on social media. But you can also get jobs where you are doing your own thing at your own pace and listen to music or whatever.

I don't even think one life or the other is more "wasteful" from the individuals perspective. If you spend energy then you aren't wasting it. Robots feel tired and so do wageslaves at the end of the day and regardless of occupation or lack thereof you might not actually be producing anything or learning anything more than the next guy. The only shit that doesn't make sense is living sad or scared of change
>>
>>24688799
You can get diagnosed without making permanent record of it. My mom has bipolar disorder, but her shrink didn't put it down anywhere to avoid that kind of thing. I'm sure you can get the same treatment.
>>
>>24689884
and enjoying myself while doing so. how do you even live if you can't afford anything that mom and dad won't pay for?
>>
>>24689910
>an employer is going to hire a mentally ill person with no experience over a normie
>>
>>24688607

Dude, don't be such a fucking loser. Odds are, once you go there, doing work won't feel like such shit.
>>
>>24689927
great but it's too late now
>>
Y'all niggas need rationality.
Go suck Yudkowsky's dick then come back.
>>
>>24689930
Pirating and autismbux.
>>
>>24689839
>you really think anyone gives a fuck about society? even scientists don't care, they just wanna make a name for themselves. these people that work so that they can buy that pair of jeans or a new tv or whatever are just like you- they just want to enjoy themselves.

You're simplifying it too much. If people didn't care this whole argument wouldn't even exist and you wouldn't even make that dig about anime in the first place. It's about belittlement and envy.

People may not care about society itself but they care about what society/other people think about them. Hence the whole argument of NEETs being worthless, or people saying they feel guilty if they don't work and other stuff like that.
>>
>>24689931
>an employer that hires people to clean toilets/some other bullshit job any idiot can get will give enough of a shit to dig into a person's personal life and confidential medical records just so he knows he won't hire a depressed guy to wipe the windows
>>
>>24689930
>how do you even live if you can't afford anything that mom and dad won't pay for?
literally all i need to feel comfortable is:
>food
>house
>bed
>pc with internet

my parents provide all of these, like most parents. so there's no reason to tryhard for a 'successful' life when i got all i want right here.
>>
>>24689885
>True fulfilment only comes through progress and creation

No such thing as true fulfillment. The closest you can come is killing desire as much as possible. The whole goal-setting and hedonic treadmill thing isn't going to make you happy.
>>
>>24689970
>give enough of a shit
mate it all happens automatically, they get hundreds of applicants ad filter through that shit
>>
>>24689970
Cleaning jobs require extensive experience nigger.
>>
idk man. when i was deep in that pit i wanted nothing more to be left alone until i eventually committed suicide. the neet life sucks though, and i guess i wanted to actually do something. but being a workhorse for nothing didn't make sense to me. the only thing that makes sense to me is following a dream, doing what you want to do. particularly since, yeah, i was very much hated and patronized growing up, and even to an extent today. so yeah, if you feel that way then you shouldn't work for the society that hates you. doesn't make sense. where's the dignity, right? i refuse to live only so as to "not be a piece of shit." that doesn't make sense to me. i'd rather sit and do nothing if i have no existential answer.

well, here i am in school for music, but honestly im fortunate enough to have my parents pay for everything, including my having moved out. i was told by someone that i should use my resources, and so i decided to. i realize you're probably not that lucky. an intervention.. i'm not sure what i would do, but i know exactly that dreadful trapped feeling you must have. i'm not sure what i would do. can you do the army? it doesn't have to be a career for your life, but more a means of escape. being out on your own, even to the limited extent that i am, has been pretty great all in all, very challenging. not all my problems are solved but i'm in a way healthier state of mind. leaving my home this year at 23 was the right thing. i hate being around my parents. i've always hated them, myself, everything. my upbringing was so ridiculously toxic in hindsight. imo it's not a normal thing to be kept in a place like you and i are in.. though action would help in the short term, you need to grow and realize life. you have to pay attention to what life is telling you. "man up" is too simple.

also imo anti deps are shit don't take them.

also i'm also thinking of night security as a job for when i eventually get a damn job. it seems to suit me.

best of luck brother.
>>
>>24689885
Substitute with world building game, or porn collection. Pride is found in these pursuits.
>>
>>24689956
you can not give a fuck about people and still have a job, anon.

also
>If people didn't care
but who does care? empathy certainly exists, but not so much on the societal level.

I don't personally believe neets are worthless/leeches/should die/etc, I just think they're wasting their lives and coming up with excuses for why they're not/can't help themselves.
>>
>>24689885
Not him, but I'm 25 and have been doing nothing but playing vidya for years. I still have fun with it. I guess it's because I'm really passionate about it, and I'm looking at it almost academically. I want to give every game at least a try, and finish it if it's good.
>>
>>24689997
sure.

wearing a hotdog costume. happy?

>>24689991
>filter through
using what fictional anti-mental illness computer program? it's called confidential for a reason.
>>
>>24690090
They don't need medical records, they can just tell from your data that every other third-party private company that deals with healthcare handles carelessly
>>
>>24689885
>True fulfilment only comes through progress and creation
this

After being a NEET for 7 years (with a few breaks) and my depression and axieties, it's hard to get back into society. My best skill is game development, a creative hobby but getting a job in that field is really tough here.

So I will just get away from the western society and join another one, volunteering on farms for 4 hours a day in SE Asia. Those people are nice and don't judge, doing farmwork feels really good.
Did that already for 3 weeks, 2 years ago, was the best 3 weeks of my life. No anime or game can give you that feeling of fulfilment, when you build a house, chop a path through the jungle or digging square holes.
Also I will still claim my welfare money, no one cares and it's 600EUR a month
>>
>>24689924
>most people have hobbies
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA nigga are you serious?
>>
>>24689930
my parents provide me with a roof, a warm bed, food and internet
my autism bux pays for my bike, my onaholes and my booze.

there is literally no point in me getting a job just so i can have "disposable" income for pointless consumerist crap
>>
File: 1435651353133.jpg (206 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1435651353133.jpg
206 KB, 800x1200
The only point of work is to gain money.

The only point of gaining money is so you are free to do what you what.

I can do what i want as a NEET with unlimited free time, so i have no need to work.
>>
>>24689250
That's what most "intellectuals" read yes. Only a minority picks up non-fiction. Someone reading Twilight is accepted over someone playing video games because hurr durr words
>>
>>24690194
What do you get autism bukx for?
>>
>>24689924
>Most people have hobbies
If posting on Facebook or instagram is a hobby then yes most do.
>>
>>24688607
man the fuck up you pathetic piece of shit
>>
>>24689935
don't listen to this guy, work never becomes enjoyable unless you're a fucking normie or luck out into some kind of creative job
>>
>>24690194
So get a job so you can lift off of your parents shoulders. They've taken care of you for 20+ years. Don't they deserve a reprieve? Fuck off and let them live out the rest of their lives in peace. The've done their job. You're so selfish, everything you say oozes childishness and a complete lack of self-awareness.
>>
>>24689203
It's a two-way street. OP doesn't want to contribute to society. Therefore he shouldn't expect society to contribute back to him.
>>
>>24688607

Apparently your family members think they're the cast of How I Met Your Mother.
>>
>>24690278
>immediate family members living with you are a burden
what kind of shithole do you live in, America?
>>
>>24690321
>America isn't the same as literally every European country at the same time
Why do Eurofags always project THEIR specific cultural values onto America?
>>
>>24690321
Nonworking family members are a burden everywhere. Numbers don't suddenly stop working outside of the U.S.
>>
>>24688607
Move out, use your NEETbux to pay your own rent, never be bothered again.
>>
>>24690355
Then who would wash my dishes and buy my chicken tenders?
>>
>>24689475
It still takes more to play a game than it does to stare at some words. You think newspapers are written beyond a 4th grade reading level? Nah because they're all reading books and thinking they can actual read properly.

>>24689432
Reading books is a meme. People seem to believe that sitting down and visualizing their ideal scenarios of what their stupid ass novel has wrote in words is somehow superior. This is why I don't pick up fiction and only read hard facts. If I wanted to be in lala land all day I'd stand around and daydream my goddamn self. Why read somebody else's fantasy when I can create my own in my head?

And since philosophy or history is essentially not fiction that's where you learn to properly analyze think critically and actually learn.

Not all you fags reading pride and prejudice or some shit. Please.
Hurr durr DUNE hurr durr STEPHEN KING. I hate everyone who reads fiction.
>>
>>24690278
i didn't even ask for my life. i am what happened because my parents wanted something. do you realize how retarded you sound for calling me selfish?
having a kid is the absolute act of selfishness.

>Fuck off and let them live out the rest of their lives in peace
''yay a baby!!!!!!! awww so cute!!! say cheeeeeese baby! :D''
''alright you're 20 now fuck off and leave us alone''
>>
>>24690372
Sure you might enjoy Alpha Centauri.
But have you ever tried Alpha Centauri, on education?

There's some serious shit going on man.
>>
>>24688853
Holy shit you're a faggot, you say you're a NEET because you don't want to only have two days to "live" and spend five days working, but you fucking ruin your parents lives and force them to work harder just so they can live worse lives for your sake. Kill yourself
>>
>>24690028
>school for music
so is your dream to be a teacher? If not that wall is coming a hundred miles an hour and it's gonna floor you
>>
>>24690345
not when they bring in money they're not
>>
>>24690372
I'm immensely satisfied by the fact that you will die alone and unloved.
>>
>>24690425
That's their punishment for loving and raising me.
Fuck those guys.
>>
>>24690343
says the guy who calls someone else selfish and childish for living on welfare with his parents
>>
>>24688853
You do fucking nothing already though, having a full-time job won't take away much.
>>
>>24690425
they are normies, they don't mind working. Why shouldn't someone who likes it pick up the slack?
>>
>>24690464
Are you suggesting that being a burden on someone is a european cultural value?
>>
>>24690464
Who said OP lives on welfare?
>>
>>24690454
Enjoy your green mile garbage.
>>
>>24690485
some people like their family, you know. Beats moving across the country and only seeing your children at Christmas and thanksgiving
>>
>>24690497
the guy you replied to says he's on autismbux
>>
>>24690520
So he made a baseless claim about the OP? People don't get put on welfare in the US unless they've lost a job or have a disability. Being a jobless bum isn't going to get you paid.
>>
>>24690454
Why? Just because he BTFO'd you?

You should get back to reddit now newfriend.
>>
>>24689650
>, I have hormones coming in the mail
I hope you ordered AAS bro. Don't become a faggot tranny.
>>
>>24689197
kek
Fucking kill yourself, crybaby.
They tried to bring you up as a productive person, but your brain problems made you into a stunted NEET.
You can throw away your life however you want, but don't pull the 13yearoldemo tier "I didn't want to be born at allll" excuse. If you really don't want to be alive then remove yourself.
Only people that will miss you will be a couple of persons in your family, so no problems there. Your presence here is a drop of water in an ocean of feels.
>>
Post yfw OP's post is a complete fabrication and he's playing the NEET's advocate for lulz
>>
>>24690565
No, you said some guy was a burden for living with his parents on autismbux. I'm not talking about OP.
>>
>>24690626
im still here, and no im not kidding.

how can i prove this to you?
>>
>>24690634
Their parents could've released their burden through adoption. They chose to keep it.
>>
>>24689203
Society tells you to fucking step up. Society tells you to deal with your problems and step up your game.
Society also gives you your welfare check.
Welfare is a cancer. All the niggers, autismos and NEETs that are on welfare would protest it, though. At least the niggers would.
>>
>>24690058
This. Nobody gives a fuck about each other on societal levels. I thought this was commonly known?
>>
>>24690651

Have your mom record herself saying she wants you to move out on vocaroo
>>
>>24690634
If they aren't paying rent then yes, they're a leech on both their parents and society.
>>
>>24689984
THIS. As a robot I find no joy in "going out and doing things" or "meeting new people." I am already living the best possible life for myself.
>>
>>24690674
yea fuck that
>>
>>24690662

There used to be something to 'step up' for. There no longer is.

Society failed the individual, the individual is not responsible for the fuckups of the collective.
>>
>>24690626
This is 4chan. You never know who is trolling and who is an actual autist.
>>
File: 1412082659551.jpg (26 KB, 317x310) Image search: [Google]
1412082659551.jpg
26 KB, 317x310
>>24689197
This shit right here. Fuck people who have kids and have no idea how to take care of them. My father had two kids that lived miserable lives, one got pregnant at 16 and the other has been in jail his entire life because he was never there for them. My father didn't leave me behind but he was mostly absent throughout my childhood, always at work and yelling and berating me when he was home. Only ever gave a fuck about me doing well at school so I could boost his ego. And then my parents wonder why I eventually grew to hate school and dropped out. All of my father's kids have been miserable/failures and somehow all the blame is placed on me.
>>
>>24690678
What a bleak view of family and life. Wageslaving is screwing with your brain anon
>>
>>24690701
>I went to college and refused to do an internship. I DESERVE A JOB NOW
>>
>>24690701
in what way has society failed us?

im a fuckup but i dont hate society for it. i realize that if you want something you have to work for it. but i don't want anything more than the bare minimum.
>>
>>24690723
If you're living with your parents for free into your mid-20s then you're either lazy, entitled, have some kind of disability or a combination of the three.
>>
>>24690701
How is it a fuckup of the collective that an autismal NEET failed at being a productive human bean? That IS a failure of the individual. Most people in America are born with possibilities, what you do with them is the real defining factor of your outcome.
Shit, if people in shittier countries are more succesful than people from the first world is kind of dissapointing of the individual of this society.
Anyway, you can't blame society for your failures.
>>
>>24690755
And if you never see your parent's except through once in a blue moon skype calls and on December 25th you're living a rich fulfilling life right?
>>
>>24690662
>Society tells you to fucking step up. Society tells you to deal with your problems and step up your game.
blah blah blah TOUGH LOVE blah blah blah TRUTH HURTS blah blah MAN UP blah blah GET OVER IT blah blah blah LIFE ISN'T FAIR blah blah blah blah

nice dadvice, retard. that shit doesn't work here
>>
>>24690720
Fuck you, people like you are the worst. You're responsible for your own life now. Whatever mistakes your parents made are in the past.
>>
>>24690772
How is that even relevant to being a leech?
If you're being a leech you shouldn't expect love and even less acceptance from them.
>>
File: leech.jpg (655 KB, 1019x1285) Image search: [Google]
leech.jpg
655 KB, 1019x1285
>>24690755
Haha get a load of this guy
>>
>>24690798
>>24690758
Reminder that free will isn't real and is basically codeword for souls. Take your spooks elsewhere.
>>
>>24690752

>in what way has society failed us?

Allowing the spread of feminism, shitting on men left and right, expecting men to 'man up' when they've removed all incentive to do so.

The cold, emotionless education system that teaches people to act like kekolds and kissasses as being the most important quality to get ahead in life.

Rewarding hedonism and sloth and acting fucking surprised when more and more people are acting hedonistic and sloth-like.

Marriage being a risk and then they ask 'hurr durr why are there more manchildren?!?' Why the fuck do they think? They've given NO incentive for men to grow into their original role of responsibility. NONE.

You'd have to be fucking mentally impaired to a serious extent to not see how fucked up everything is.
>>
>>24690772
Reading comprehension, anon. I said
>If you're living with your parents for free into your mid-20s
>for free into your mid-20s
There are plenty of people (even normies) who live at home without being a leech.

>if you never see your parent's except through once in a blue moon skype calls and on December 25th
Do you honestly believe that if you aren't living with your family that you'll never visit them ever? It's not like most people move 1000 miles away, they move a few blocks or few cities away. It's not that hard to drive for a half an hour to visit your family on a holiday.
>>
>>24690834
Just about everything you mentioned is due to women's emancipation though.
>>
>>24690832
Not even relevant. Take your shit bait to a new thread, op.
>>
>>24690798
How the fuck is it entirely my fault? And I'm trying to deal with my problems by getting into college and work again. There is only so much I can do at once when my parents sucked balls at raising kids. They fucking put me on a bunch of "therapeutic" drugs as a kid because I didn't want to do schoolwork.
>>
>>24690755
yea it doesnt work like that in 2015.
there's no reason to just move out because you can.

if you have a job in your area, and you help to pay the bills, there's literally nothing wrong with living with your parents at any age.
are you seriously going to move out just so you can say ''yea i got my own place now''?
that's like hanging 4 rolls of toilet paper in the bathroom because there are 4 people in the house. each his own roll.

absolutely retarded.
>>
>>24690872
>you're responsible for your own actions
>free will is irrelevant
What's it like being retarded?
>>
>>24688607
ex-neet here now student/wageslave, being Neet is awesome, free time to play game do what you want when you want...only problem is money, I had a hell of a time going from NEET back to real life. if you going to be a NEET for life take it from me get on some from of life welfare or have rich family, because if you don't it will be hell when everything fall apart and you have to get a job
>>
>>24690887
>If you're living with your parents for free into your mid-20s
>living with your parents for free into your mid-20s
>living with your parents for free
>for free
>>
>>24690755
Lazy for not making someone else money despite being miserable
Entitled for not wanting to be as miserable and most other people who work
Disabillity because hating work is abnormal

Oh boy.
>>
>>24690895
>wanting an excuse for doing fuckall with your life so bad, that you hide behind retarded philosophical ideas
Holy shit, it doesn't get much more pathetic than this.
>>
>>24690887
Kek. If you work, live with your parents and don't contribute to expenses you're just an asshole.
>>
>>24690758

It become a failure on the part of the individual when they demonstrate no outward desire to improve their condition, yes.

However, it is absolutely a failure on the part of society when it does nothing to make its inhabitants feel included and part of something worth living for.

You could pose the argument, sure, that that's irrelevant to the bigger picture. But when you start seeing trends (marriage declining, men opting out, people becoming more depraved and decadent), that's all symptomatic of a failed society.
>>
>>24690930
Appending rationalizations doesn't invalidate any of those games.
>>
Here's the thing about 40 hour workweeks. Assuming it isn't some completely dead end menial replace-a-slightly-more-expensive-machine-job, you don't really work 40 hours a week. There's a lot of sitting around, waiting for things to do, if you're a normo who's into that even socializing with coworkers. When someone hires you to do a 40 hour / week office job, he doesn't pay you to work the 40 hours. You are paid to be available and solve problems when they arise. The real skill seems to be fitting your own life into those various nooks and crannies any job comes with.
>>
>>24690937
>calling r9k posters pathetic
It's like going on the short bus and yelling "haha WOW you guys are RETARDS!" What's the point?
>>
>>24690755
White people everyone.
Asian families all live together working or not because they have a real sense of family and aren't like white people who kick their kids out as soon as possible.
White people think throwing a few toys and a computer at their child will make them successful more than being a part of their lives.
You think Asian parents blame their kids when they fail? Lmao they blame themselves and call their kids disappointments.
It's always "I should've raised you better" not American garbage like "I did the best I could" that's why America is so fucking stupid. They just try they don't do. Other nations? There is always better than their best.
>>
>>24690431
no it's to make music

who knows man
a niggas gotta try
>>
>>24690930
>Lazy for not making someone else money despite being miserable
Run your own business then. You can be self employed you know.

>Entitled for not wanting to be as miserable and most other people who work
Yes. You don't like work so you feel you shouldn't have to do it, despite pretty much every other person also disliking work. What makes you feel you should have to not have to work when everyone else is?

>Disabillity because hating work is abnormal
What?
>>
File: 1448131233970.png (36 KB, 360x361) Image search: [Google]
1448131233970.png
36 KB, 360x361
>>24690887
> there's no reason to just move out because you can
> there's literally nothing wrong with living with your parents at any age
you sad, pathetic piece of shit
>>
>>24690990
Spot the HAPA. Gonna shoot up some schools today?
>>
>>24691001
>Run your own business then. You can be self employed you know.
Why? To sell people more shit they don't need? That's just as bad if not worse.
>>
>>24691011
>if you don't share my same views you are pathetic xDDDD

First sign of a low IQ monkey.
>>
>>24691035
>Businesses only sell goods
kek. Most people who are self employed sell services, not goods.
>>
File: 1438160758108.jpg (38 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1438160758108.jpg
38 KB, 625x626
>>24690990
Holy hell thats alot of bullshit
>>
>>24690930
Why would anyone have an obligation to feed you? Answer that. Why do you expect someone to give you a home and food?
>>
>>24690972
your idea of work is extremely narrowed down to specific office work.
most jobs aren't office jobs anyway. i worked as a plumber and i remember i had to rush all day and just work hard.
>>
>>24691040
> iq insult
>tips fedora
>>
>>24691001
>Run your own business then. You can be self employed you know.
You don't just run a business as if it'll get anywhere. It takes a lot of investment and a damn good idea from the start. Don't forget the competition. If everyone could run their own business we would have some sort of bartering system with everyone self employed.

>What makes you feel you should have to not have to work when everyone else is?
It's called having a choice. Just because everyone is doing something doesn't mean you have to. If you have the choice to not do what makes you miserable by all means take a step up from everyone else and do it. What everyone else does has nothing to do with your life, they can work all they want but you don't have to.
>>
>>24691011
Sweet brainwashing you got there. Apparently helping your parents pay their bills is pathetic. Jewish tricks have convinced you to abandon your family.
>>
>>24689081
>Everyones so inferior to me because i have good grades and watch anime

Woopdifuckingdo.
>>
>>24691089
Nice try at reverse psychology there, schlomo
>>
>>24691049
Any service that needs to be done already has a business that does it. Why make a redundant business?
>>
>>24691081
>truth are now insults

senpai please.

If I wanted to insult you I would have just called you a retard.
>>
>>24691070
Because they conceived me without my consent. They knew the risks.
If you think it's humane to have children and throw them away then that's another thing coming. If nobody has the obligation to feed me as an infant they sure as hell don't have to now. But that's not the case now is it?
Either you suck it up and get me where I need to be or think twice before growing tumors out of your vagina.
People don't just make half assed investments and hope they make a fortune so why do it with a child?
>>
>>24688979
I was neet for 2 years and got a retail job during its set up, and worked 14 days in a row doing 8-13 hour shifts. It changed my life, every minute of it was enjoyable too.

the job fucking sucks now but at the start it was so much better than video games and anime. Girls fucking talked to me, I was actually useful for once, I talked to normies and was able to help and make them laught etc. Only thing stopping you is your attitude.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.