[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any free online chat sites where I can talk to a psych/therapist/counselor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: 1427061641216.jpg (118 KB, 809x808) Image search: [Google]
1427061641216.jpg
118 KB, 809x808
Are there any free online chat sites where I can talk to a psych/therapist/counselor ?
>>
>>24687472
There are a few hotline type things but I don't know about online.
>>
Just talk to a wall.
Same thing.
>>
>>24687681
This. Therapy is just listening, interrupting you with 'why do you think that could be?' from time to time, and cowing you through tone of voice and 'body language' into believing, and paying, that it is 'cathartic'. Worthless.
>>
>>24687702
But you don't get that authentic experience of realizing they weren't actually listening and don't remember anything you said.
>>
>>24687472
Why don't you just call the suicide hotline? They have to talk to you so you don't kill yourself. Also, don't say anything about actually killing yourself or they'll send cops to your house.
>>
>>24687702
It's trying to give you the impetus to get through your problems on your own terms.
>>
>>24687702
In other words, therapists are literally trained to find the most profound-sounding, shallow questions there are. 'How can you be sure this is true?' 'What makes you think this is logical?' 'Have you tried to look at the root of the question?' 'Maybe it would be better if you let go of this?' 'Why are you thinking about this in the first place?' Useless shit whose generator a freshman CS student could write in one day.

>>24687746
Nonsense.
>>
>>24687761
The one thing a therapist is guaranteed never to provide is a SOLUTION to your problem, e.g. financial or relational or educational. They'll just try to get you to swallow their 'sometimes, ignoring a problem means solving it' useless, degenerate sophistry.
>>
>>24687746
Until they imprison you in the psyche ward for mentioning suicide and forcefully medicate you with semen stealing, dick shriveling, coma inducing, heart attack inducing goodness.
>>
>>24687796
This. Basically if you have any mental issues you're fucked for life. Either cope or try and get disability.
>>
>>24687702
The first and only time I went to a therapist, literally the first thing she said to me after I introduced myself was "do you have autism?"
>>
>>24687910
Well, at least that was straight to the point.

Shame she only was literal about that because she already thought that, and wouldn't be as direct with regular people, hypocritical hag.
>>
>>24687681
i got fed up talking to myself

>>24687657
>>24687728
i did. they only try to convince you to not kill yourself on that day so they can get rid of you. they couldn't give me a solution and thought i was joking so they told me they offered all the help they could and hanged up

>>24687761
i can't afford therapists anymore but all they did was meet me at a coffee shop so they could drink and smoke while offering me 5th grade 'advice"
>>
>>24687970
What's the big deal.
Kill yourself, problem solved.
>>
>>24687932
She was nice though. She called me after the session and recommended a psychiatrist that specialized in autism.
>>
>>24688006
not him but hope, fear of death, that whole biological self-preservation thing
>>
>>24688006
i have a fear of self harm
and im religiously indoctrinated so im afraid of "hell"
>>
>>24687472
Anontalk, just ask for kimmo
>>
>>24688014
i have a psychologist that specializes in autism. she's pretty cool
>>
>>24688045
Then talk to your priest.
Let him rub your leg and make it all better.
>>
>twf go to psychologist because no friends to talk to
>>
I don't want a therapist, I want a girl that I can hug. Nothing more.
>>
Omegle

Original comment [AA002]
>>
>>24688045
If you're an indoctrinated Christian, killing yourself won't lead to Hell. You'd know that if you read the NT, or just knew of the overarching concept of Christ dying for all of your sins, including suicide. I like to think of Romans 8:38-39 whenever someone tells me otherwise.

Disregard if you're not Christian or just don't give a shit.
>>
>>24688045
check out "suicide by cop" it might suit your needs.
>>
>>24688141
He's probably Catholic or goes to a shit church with a pastor that doesn't know shit about eschatology.
>>
>>24688070
i went to priests and all they can do is tell you to pray more

>>24688141
i don't get what you're saying. you still go to hell

>>24688221
im orthodox
>>
>>24688640
>im orthodox
Then it's the latter.
>>
>>24688662
suicide is not accepted in othodoxy. you don't even get a burial
>>
>>24688640
Orthodox Jew? Orthodox Christian?

If Christian, you really need to sit down and read some of the New Testament of the Holy Bible (KJV, NIV, or whatever version you please) for yourself. Do you really think God would send you to Hell solely for committing suicide, and not every other sin? I don't know specifically what Orthodoxy teaches, but you need to have faith in Christ and his teachings.

If you so happen to be an Orthodox Jew, I'd have no idea what to say.
God have mercy on us all, huh?
>>
>>24688867
eastern orthodox
i read the NT. im not saying i believe that. i don't think anyone goes to hell for eternity (if there is one)
but yes, it teaches that you go to hell if you kill yourself. maybe unless you lost your mind
>>
>>24688991
Yeah, I was reading a Wiki article about that and it mentioned: "The Orthodox Church shows compassion, however, on those who have taken their own life because of mental illness or severe emotional stress, when a physician can verify a condition of impaired rationality."
But, in most cases people commit suicide because they've lost their mind, or something went wrong in their life yeah? I don't think anyone is straight up dead-set on leaving this world solely to reject the life that was given to them. Even then they'd be out of their mind. I dunno, this is touchy when I look at it outside of what I believe.
May God be with you.
>>
>>24688773
so what do they do with the body? just leave it out for wildlife to feast on?
>>
>>24689103
you don't get religious service. you just get a funeral without a priest. i don't even know if you're allowed in an orthodox cemetery

>>24689065
i still can't do it cause my conscience tells me otherwise. thanks
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.