[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Fallout 4 good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: Fallout_4.jpg (34 KB, 238x293) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_4.jpg
34 KB, 238x293
Is Fallout 4 good?
>>
>>24685986
It's popular, so of course not.
>>
Yes and no.
If you've play 3, nv, oblivion and skyrim you know exactly what to expect, so why even ask.

Gameplay and graphics wise it's superior.
Content and storywise it's inferior.
Not even my opinion, objective fact.

No loli sex mods for a few months though, so you can wait.
>>
Certainly overpraised, but an okay game. Many flaws imo, but I find it overall enjoyable.
>>
Building settlements is the best part of the game
>>
File: 2015-11-30_00001.jpg (280 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-30_00001.jpg
280 KB, 1440x900
it's okay

7/10 game IMO
>>
>>24686021
>Content and storywise it's inferior.
Did you even play the game? It has a lot more content than Fallout 3 or New Vegas, and the story branching has significantly improved since New Vegas, where you actually partially reshape the post-game.

And there isn't even any DLC yet either.
>>
>>24685986
Only if you have low standards.
>>
>>24686021
A bit of clarification on this: while the graphics are superior to its predecessors, they are vastly inferior to other modern games (as well as other technological aspects)
>>
>>24686052
>story branching has significantly improved since New Vegas
You know how I know you're a complete idiot?
>>
kek. this is why i buy games used a year after they come out. i'm not spending $60 to be disappointed.

MGS5 might have been the final nail in the coffin for my video game playing days though. i just cannot get over that terrible story. i was expecting so much to be let down so hard. never again
>>
>>24685986

its pretty good

not worth full retail, just grab a torrent
>>
>>24686069
the graphics were great, but that being the only improvement to the engine was a huge disappointment

The settlement building thing was probably the best thing they added, and it feels so limited that it's really hard to have fun with it.
You want to make cities but you're limited to cardboard and corrugated metal shacks and sleeping bags in the gutter.
>>
Its borderlands but with a fallout look
>>
>>24686069
Yeah definitely.

>>24686052
You really need to do a second playthrough and choose the other options. Protip, there are none.

Try doing anything off script and the game will just ignore you, and or bug out.
>>
>>24686076
Vegas' story branching wasn't even that good. It's not hard to exceed the quality.

>>24686106
But I'm still on my first playthrough. What
I doknow is that I've had plenty of different choices I could've made to branch the story.
>>
Story is pretty shit, decent faction quests, pretty comfy exploring. Not bad if you are bored
>>
New Vegas is most likely the last great Fallout. Fallout has become heavily casualized, starting with 3. If you look, most normalfags rode 3's dick with a cock hungry passion. They also said NV's story sucked with very weak and flawed arguments. I'm not a contrarian but when something becomes normalized it generally dips in quality. Given that and Bethesda's seemingly totalitarian grip on the franchise and inability to write decent stories, I'd say it's over for tasteful Fallout fans.
>>
>>24686130
It has less branching than a modern telltale game.
You pick a faction and the story still plays out basically the same aside from 3-5 short missions.

If you try doing things like joining the railroad first the dialog won't change to match what you've done.

There are literally zero options to take off the mission sequence, and nothing you say will change anything.

If you do anything you shouldn't you will break it.
>>
>>24686089

If a game is not worth buying, just torrent it.
>>
>>24686198
i only play old RTS's on my PC. i don't like the way modern games run on PC, and i'm not upgrading my shit every 6 months so i can run the newest game.
>>
its kc tier
>>
File: 1447287794780.png (164 KB, 544x323) Image search: [Google]
1447287794780.png
164 KB, 544x323
>>24686231
Sucks for you I guess. I have a top of the line pc and fucking love it. I get to play all games on max graphics and can alt tab easily, never any lag or stutter. There are so many good games out there today, but I'm a nerd so that appeals to me. If you have other hobbies that's cool too.
>>
>>24686100
It's like they plagiarized Borderlands combat with a half-assed Fallout 3 role playing element.
>>
>>24685986
no. I dont give a fuck about Fallout. it's a depressing as shit universe that shouldnt even be explored anymore. But I hope Elder Scrolls 6 will be good. I was content with Skyrim and would love to see a similar atmosphere again.
>>
>>24685986
shit writing as expected from a Bethesda game, worse than New Vegas in terms of characters, quests and story but smoother and more fun combat. Settlement building is a plus if you're 12 years old and like Minecraft. Graphics are a significant improvement to the previous installments to the franchise but are meh compared to latest games. 6/10 at best, fine for killing time
>>
>>24686231
That isn't exactly true anymore.
95% of games these days are designed for this generation of consoles foremost, even if they aren't direct ports.

There are only a small handful of exceptions that go beyond most capable pc's, like the witcher.

Basically all you need is a computer more powerful than the xbone, and you will be able to play almost all games at max settings at 1080p.

The only reason to get a top rig is if you want 4k and absurd framerates.
>>
>>24686180
Yeah. Seen that trend in other games as well.
>>
>>24686239
That bad, really?
>>
>>24686273
i've always preferred consoles for gaming. yes i know the graphics will always be better on PC but personally i think games on consoles just play and control so much smoother. i'd rather play any game on a console besides an RTS and just save my computer for work, music, and movies.

my friend has always had top of the line PC's for gaming but the games never run as smooth as they do on consoles, and they always seem kinda glitchy on PC. this probably has something to do with PC ports but i've had the same experience for years.
>>
>>24686302
kek. i can tell you're new to the series. they've been watering down the ES games since morrowind. elder scrolls 6 will be complete shit mark my words.
>>
>No 1 Intelligence dialogue options
0/10
>>
>>24686359
Fallout 4 gets 30 fps on console. I max it out at my monitor refresh on pc. I have a solid state drive so it loads faster than I can read the tips. Sorry but nothing about the console version is smooth. I have consoles too and play lots of games on them, but if I have a choice I get pc.
>>
>>24685986
It's like Skyrim.

Both the best and worst in the series.
>>
>>24686385
>kek. i can tell you're new to the series.

no, you can't tell shit.

played:

>Daggerfall
>Battlespire

played and finished:

>Morrowind
>Oblivion
>Skyrim

+ all DLCs
>>
>>24686350
I don't have an issue with anything being popular. It's just that most things dip in quality when they become casualized.

Nintendo has seemed to keep things going pretty well in my opinion.
>>
>>24686387
>why even fucking bother
>>
>>24686231
Its hilarious you think that. The life of a medium tier pc build is longer than any console before you have to upgrade it.
>>
>>24685986

It's good, but not great.

Good:
>scavenging feels a lot more fun now, especially since all that junk is actually used for stuff
>general gameplay is improved, shooting and comba
>companions are actually pretty cool and interesting, although useless in combat
>ghouls are spoopier, and now randomly crawl through windows when you're exploring buildings and don't give a shit if they start losing limbs

Bad:
>unarmed options are pathetic (4 types of weapons)
>also, no cool moves like ranger takedown (although your companions can use them)
>story is lame and a lot of makes so little sense that I'm honestly surprised it passed the editors
>settlement building is fun FOR A BIT, then it's just tedious and you begin to realise how half-baked it actually is
>jet is now a pre-war drug
>>
>>24685986
Meh. 6/10 or 7/10

It's okay. Game has good graphicsish but looks overnight and bleeched way 2 often. Then again imho newvegas and fo3 had that problem too
>>
>>24686434
It's not that hilarious.
There was a time when you needed to upgrade every 3 years, it was called the 90's and early 00's.

He must be ancient.
>>
>>24686465
i remember when street fighter II came out in the arcades. i'm not ancient yet, but i'm getting old lol

also i remember the days when girls wanted absolutely nothing to do with video games. those were the days
>>
>>24685986
Game is unplayable even for people with components above the minimum requirements. If you're gonna play it, try torrenting it to see if it runs fine. If you like it afterwards and wanna support poor widdle corporate giant bethesda buy it. Don't even bother playing it on consoles, it has unbearable loading screens and drops below 20fps very frequently.

The game itself?

Voiced protagonists objectively makes the game worse.

Dialogue options are always:

1. No
2. No
3. No
4. Sarcastic no

Gunplay is a lot better.

Pacing is awful, in older titles getting power armor made you feel like you were good at the game. In Fallout 4 you just get gifted it 30 minutes into the game and take on a deathclaw ez pz.

Story is pretty meh and you can't have a character who gives zero fucks about his family.

Base building is okay but quite broken. It's also strange how you can rebuild more in 30 minutes than a village of people could in literal centuries.

I'd say New Vegas > Fallout 4.
>>
>>24686052
Why do trip fags always have the worst opinions?

>putting new Vegas next to those shitty games

>>24685986
No
>>
File: dafuk.jpg (67 KB, 464x370) Image search: [Google]
dafuk.jpg
67 KB, 464x370
>>24686180
We live in an age where Fallout is more dudebro than Halo or COD
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.