[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
female gamers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6
File: Janna_OriginalSkin_Ch.jpg (64 KB, 613x460) Image search: [Google]
Janna_OriginalSkin_Ch.jpg
64 KB, 613x460
Femanon here, can someone explain the girls cant be gamers meme?
I personally spend a couple of hours each day playing games mainly on the pc, league of legends and occasionally counter strike.
While doing this I also stream although only in the low numbers (100-200 viewers).
Whenever I talk on the microphone I have idiots swearing at me and random people defending me, even though I haven't even done anything,
similarly here, you guys try and say that we just play games for attention and don't actually enjoy playing the game for what it is. In games like LoL there isn't even voice chat so I don't know how I would be seeking attention.

I'm currently gold 2 in league, main support and and take it rather seriously, my friend plays matches with me a fair bit as he's much higher rank then me
(I started in bronze 2)
So would some robot be able to explain why a girl can't be a gamer?
>>
>>24684330
Because you're doing it for attention and socialization instead of the actual video game playing.

Go beat https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NetHack
>>
File: 1893102-chakan.jpg (50 KB, 570x300) Image search: [Google]
1893102-chakan.jpg
50 KB, 570x300
>>24684330

Women eventually try to make every single tiny thing about themselves. For example, you making this fucking thread instead of just playing games.

Also I'm getting trolled.
>>
>>24684330
>league of legends and occasionally counter strike.
>I also stream
Bait.
>>
Bc girls do everything for attention and try to get as many orbiters as possible by "streaming" when they aren't even good at the game, the pros that spend their life doing it should be what the people are watching, not some bimbo dressed up as Akali or ahri for views and cash
>>
>>24684330
League of Legends and counter strike are in the same tier as fifa, bejeweled, farmville, gone home, and candy crush. This is why no one takes you seriously.
>>
You're doing it for attention.

I have no issue with females playing games, but it is obvious that in this particular case, it's about attention.
You immediately made the issue all about you yoU YOU! YOU STREAM, YOU PLAY GAMES!

But I am worse than you, because I respond to obvious b8
>>
>>24684330
sounds like you got boosted and you stream, so you clearly want attention. If you can't make the connection between streaming but there being no mic chat you're pretty retarded. Furthermore, nobody is watching your steam because you are entertaining nor because you are good at the game, only because you are a girl. And finally, this is the most obvious bait and i dont know why i took it.
>>
>>24684330
Show us your stream. If you show cleavage in your videos we all know you do it strictly for attention.
>>
>>24684685
We all gotta fall for it sometimes senpai
>>
>>24684330
What's your streaming channel? Also
>LoL & CS
I just assume people that play the games that get most views and nothing else are doing it for money, even the males, unless they're pros.
>>
>>24684330
>Man streams games
>Call him a faggot
>Everyone has a laugh

>Woman streams games
>Call her a whore
>Get arrested
>>
>lol
>streaming
It's too baity.
>>
>>24684330
>I'm currently gold 2 in league, main support and and take it rather seriously, my friend plays matches with me a fair bit as he's much higher rank then me

So you are getting boosted from bronze by your diamond boytoy and you say you enjoy league? You are not gold 2 unless you got there by yourself fucker. You are getting carried by some guy, you are shit. Post your op.gg mmr, I bet it says too many duo games.
>>
I thought this was more of a 1980s or 1990s birthdate thing.

Games used to be something that immature boys did and that girls looked down on or shamed. It's hypocritical to those of us who grew up among those attitudes that girls suddenly are gamers, so we assume an ulterior motive
>>
>>24684330
>So would some robot be able to explain why a girl can't be a gamer?

Because we want one fucking space with no women.

JUST FUCKING ONE
>>
>>24684664
>hating on fifa
Fuck off, it's a pile of shit game but it's the only option for people that want a football game.
>>
>>24684330

Who said girls can't be gamers and why are you listening to them?
>>
>>24684735
There is literally no game that screams more normie than fifa
>>
>Femanon here, can someone explain the girls cant be gamers meme?

>explaining memes

>pic related.

But I will try. To explain,

OP do you know who you are? (badass female gamer)

If yes, why do you need anyone to validate you?

Who's approval are you seeking? Yours are a rare gem amongst teh gaming community.

Edgelords will project their unhappiness because they are upset they can't have you as their girlfriend.

people will like you as you are right now sweetie it's enough just be you and fuck the haters (yea right, in their dreams) They WISH they could tap that ;) Bye cutie
>>
>>24684330
They make the games about themselves. Every campaign and versus that had a female player either went to shit or had someone kissing their ass.
>left 4 dead 2
>under 30% health and been downed once and she has about 40%+ with pills, teammate heals her
>bringing down our team in versus, guarantee the roastie will stay
>League
>haha guys i accidently walked into the turret
>"it's ok accidents happen lolol"
>does it again
>not even griefing

Those are my experiences from just the past couple of hours.
>>
File: url-2.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
url-2.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>24684766

forgot pic, goign out for a smoke now ttyl
>>
>>24684330
I have never played with a girl that wasn't fucking terrible. In any game. I progressed from longtime WoW player to LoL player to Dota 2 player and I have never once played with a girl that was genuinely good in playstyle and attitude. Usually neither. Honest question though, why do girls always play support/healers exclusively?
>>
>>24684807
Because it's easy and brings the most social interactions to the table.
You will tell them to do something a lot more then you'd tell a physical class something.

I ended up getting paired up with 2 girls on my team in ranked earlier and they fed the other team unintentionally.
>>
>>24684330
Don't know Shit about league and this thread is probably bait but I'll bite what rank are you in cs? Cause the few females I've met in comp have been one of two things, the first being the absolute worst at the game(and by this I mean the first time I saw the lowest rank in the game it was a grill) and the second being a still either terrible to medium skilled player being carried by 2 or more obvious smurfs to the point where I was playing against an eagle in nova because the grill was silver and her carries were eagles. I have met 1 grill in over 1000 hours of playing comp who didn't fit into these two categories by being decent at the game and not having some boytoy carry her.
>>
>>24684807
Probably because they're not as much in the middle of the battle and more safe and on the sidelines. At least that's what I'm guessing. I don't get it though because it seems more stressful to keep track of your team and who needs to be focused on.
>>
>>24684763
So?
Original fucking comment
>>
>>24684819
>>24684819
I wouldn't really say support in league is easy, I feel like they do it bc girls are told to support their chads in life, and they usually only play the squishy supports that don't take skill. IE soraka/sona
>>
I have a female streamer on as background noise right now tbqh. I just hate the SJW ones and avoid them
>>
>>24684330
>main support
theres the problem
you cant actually play the game
you fucking suck and you probably just got some fat loser to carry you there
>>
>>24684873
I meant MMORPG's in particular, sorry I should've worded that differently.

As for league, most support characters have cutesy skins they can use. Cosmetics are the main pull for girls so it makes sense.

Supporting isn't too hard either, you literally just have to back up whoever you can on the lanes and not be retarded. Find me a girl Jungler and I'll eat my words.
>>
>>24684924
I think you meant to respond to me, but when you support you have to cover up for 4 other people being retarded plus keeping vision without getting caught and still make plays to win the game, I'm not really saying one role is harder than the other but support isn't an easy role once you actually play with people who know how to right click
>>
>>24684924
But I still do think girls suck at video games and I doubt I'll ever change my mind, I've seen very few that are good but they still have the attention seeking thing going on or always have to make comments with that retarded ":3" face or calling people bb or some shit
>>
>>24684999
nice trips
you should play a drinking game. every time the woman on your team says "lol", uses an emoticon, says something irrelevant to the game, or doesn't do something properly take a shot.

Three shots if she is first down and two for every kill steal.
>>
>>24684330
>league of legends and counter strike
>meme entry level casual as fuck games
>gamer
kek
>>
>>24684848
So fuck you
>>
>>24685037
Thx, and I would definitely die from alcohol poisoning. You sound like a cool guy tho, what Elo are you? I'm gold a shitter been playing since season 3
>>
>>24685115
Gold V, but I'm banned now. I ended up logging in on a different IP so they thought I was account sharing. If I live for 98 more years I'll play with you.
>>
>>24685129
Aight, what's your name I'll add you and we can play if you ever log back in
>>
>>24685168
Swordsmanred
>>
>>24685179
Aight mines bard gang or die, hopefully you remember and don't decline the req
>>
>Gold 2 and having 100-200 viewers is only beacuse u are a girl.
If you are gold 2 you are worthless, and you are not even funny. So yeah being a girl and streaming is ez mode beacuse everyone is trash and not funny and you will still get viewers beacuse you are a girl
>>
File: Hakoniwa.jpg (193 KB, 1280x1261) Image search: [Google]
Hakoniwa.jpg
193 KB, 1280x1261
>>24684330
>similarly here, you guys try and say that we just play games for attention and don't actually enjoy playing the game for what it is. In games like LoL there isn't even voice chat so I don't know how I would be seeking attention.

>While doing this I also stream although only in the low numbers (100-200 viewers).

Remember when bait actually made you have to do more than quote? I can't get mad at this.
>>
>>24684726
this guy gets it

games like skyrim are mainstream as fuck and even chad plays it but if 10+ years ago you played fantasy games or jrpgs or other things along those lines you had better kept that shit under wraps or you can say goodbye to your social life

now gaming is considered to be cool, even more obscure non dude bro genres are cool so those of us who grew up with the stigma of being manchilds for playing fantasy games and are now seeing the girls who shunned us for being nerds being praised for being into video games it's just fucking infuriating
>>
Girl streamers have it on ezmode if they're attractive, but there are some good female players that actually enjoy games. Kat Gunn fan services while being a decent actual gamer at the same time.
>>
>>24685278
>people not being ignorant morons and changing their opinions infuriates you
Dumb
>>
>>24685298
would have been nicer if they had changed their opinions a little earlier, instead my entire adolescent life was spent being ostracized for being a "nerd" or a "geek" or "loser" simply for doing the exact same things chad is doing today
>>
>>24685329
Yeah, life isn't all rainbows and sunshine friend.
>>
>>24684330
Beat all the bosses in Dark Souls by yourself. Then I will take you seriously as a gamer.
>>
>>24684330
>can someone explain the girls cant be gamers meme?
>I personally spend a couple of hours each day playing games
>While doing this I also stream
troll
>>
>>24685456
and people wonder why people like elliot rodger do what he did
>>
>>24685621
Stop with the self pity and playing the victim. No ones life is perfect and most people just act like they're happy.
>>
I'm not saying girls can't be gamers, I'm just saying getting carried by someone better than you and playing pocket bitch to them isn't even slightly impressive and requires zero knowledge of the game at all.
>>
how do people enjoy league of losers?

it's the most boring shit ever
>>
>>24685621
Normalfags will never admit to their hypocrisy. Normalshits always have to save face and act like gaming always cool. Obviously people don't shit on "gamers" anymore because it's socially acceptable now. Of course a normalfag will do normalfag damage control and instead of admitting playing video games made you a loser back then, they just insult you instead.
>>
>>24684330

No, there is no 'girls can't be gamers' meme. Guys obsessed with gore who play Chaos in Warhammer don't expect many girls to participate, and their expectations exist for a damned good reason. If a girl is playing a game like that, it's an anomaly, it's rare.

Most reasonable people go by the principle of equality, that means they can understand why the stereotypes are out there, but treat individuals as individuals. You're clearly not a reasonable person, since you've generalised a meme that likely exists out of jest to the entire gaming population.

You teach people how to treat you, I'm a firm believer in that. So, in your case, the reason you might be running into this meme a lot is highlighted over and over again in your post.

>Femanon here
>Here's how much of a gamer girl I am
>I'm good at video games
>And a girl
>Did I mention I'm a girl?
>Who plays video games?

Clearly, video games are the lesser passion, and receiving attention from lonely guys whose fantasies you would NEVER indulge is your true passion.

Now fuck off, go back to whatever social media you came from, and stay there.

Unless you're going to post timestamped nudes.
>>
File: 1448823993276.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1448823993276.gif
2 MB, 360x270
low quality bait but you still made it
>>
>>24684369
>>>24684330 (OP)
>Because you're doing it for attention and socialization instead of the actual video game playing.

/thread/

Also women only play vidya casually. I've only seen the occasional girl gamer play a MMORPG, who weren't bad.
>>
>>24684330
The only girls who play the game for playing the game are trannies, because we used to be boys.
>>
>>24685923
>used to be
>trannies
>girls
Disgusting
>>24685861
What you've seen doesn't count in every female on earth you moron
>>
>>24685923
There are also landwhales.
>>
>>24684330
>gold 2
Literal gamer girl meme
>>
>female gamers
>league of legends image OP
How is /r9k/ not seeing this obvious b8?
I mean, seriously. You guys must be fucking bored.
>>
File: 1446711233952.jpg (118 KB, 554x554) Image search: [Google]
1446711233952.jpg
118 KB, 554x554
Can any robots tell me if they have EVER met an actual gamer who calls himself a gamer? Not as in a gamergirl or some faggot that claims he's wasting his life as a 14 year old by playing CoD with his mates 2 hours a day.

As in real hardcore gamers, literally calling themselves gamers.

I have never seen this in my whole life, I have known people who spent over 12 hours a day on different types of games, and not a single one of them ever referred to themselves as "gamers".
In my theory simply because it's not cool for them to refer to themselves as gamers, they know girls hate them for it, and guys laugh at them for it. They take no pride in it, just enjoyment, they have no need to exclaim to the world that they enjoy this to the bottom of their heart, they just play.

Meanwhile the only few instances I have seen have either been in classrooms during the later CoD stages or on facebook, with the sluttiest girls wanting to play multiplayer with the hottest guys. Wanting part of the attention, and then spending hours on facebook reposting images about how gamergirls exist.

tl;dr can any robots tell me if they've ever met an actual hardcore gamer who actually exclaims anywhere that he is one?
>>
>>24684330
>league of legends
Stopped reading. Play a difficult game.
>>
>>24684330
Janna is my champion, bruh!
>>
>>24687240
They don't real anon.

The best you could ever find are farmville tier gamers, i have a girl in my gaming group that only plays Warframe, and controls wise, is not even good at it, she's just very committed at it, she's almost max rank at the game, but as the game takes no skill at all, she's reached that rank just by inertial grinding.
>>
>playing LoL with friends in a skype call a couple years ago
>friend invites some random that he met in Solo Q into our lobby
>I notice that their username is very similar to a common girls name
>we all get curious if there is an actual gril in our lobby
>Invite them to our skype call
>turns out that it's a gril
>she seems okay for the first while
>she tells us to add her on Steam
>notice that she has like +200 friends
>her wall comments are all dudes saying how cool she is
>all her games are AAA $60+ dollar games
>she starts talking about a recent game that came out
>"Oh , that game looks SO COOL. Too bad I can get it, I don't have enough money. I hope ~someone~ will buy it for me."
>we all realize that we have a level 4 roastie on our hands.
>we kicked her from skype call , our lobby and we defriend her.
>>
>>24687240
I'm one but never call myself a "gamer" because anyone with half a brain knows what it's going to do to your social chances.

In fact, I find it really funny that some girls act proud by telling that they're gamer girlz. It's the same as the trend of calling yourself a NEET or nerd is cool now, whether before it'd just end up with you being shamed for it.

ITT : girls are stupid, but we all already knew that.
>>
>>24684330
>Absolute shit at any role that requires CSing
>For some reason only play female champs
>Bitch and moan fucking constantly
The worst thing though
>Any skype group of friends IMMEDIATELY goes to shit as soon as a girl joins.
101% guaranteed every time.
>>
>>24684330
It has to do with sekrit clubs, prepubescent mentalities and insecurity.
>>
Can girls play games? Yes.
Can girls play other games that doesn't involve online and play it fopr the gameplay?

Also L A N
A
N
>>
>>24684330
>I play league of legends
>lol I play video games
You should kill yourself desu senpai
>>
>>24687726
Round of applause for being smarter than the normie fags
>>
>>24685861
>MMORPG is the only genre of video games
Tbh u dum as hell senpai
>>
U liek my shammy? I'm so gud.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/whisperwind/Skilltide/simple
>>
>>24688631
>tfw you kill the thread
>>
>>24687240
This.
Anyone calling himself or herself a gamer is a retard. I know a few chicks over the internet who have over 4k hours in a few games that weve played together but they dont run around saying im a gamergurl xddd.
I myself spent alot of times playing games with the intention to be best at them and i dont run around calling myself a gamerguyxddd either.
If anything the word " gamer " is a meme itself.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.