[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Joining the Army..
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 16
File: 3669-2-1233857494.jpg (106 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
3669-2-1233857494.jpg
106 KB, 1024x576
is it possible to have a worthwhile or fulfilling experience in the armed forces with 0 sense of patriotism?
>>
probably it seems exciting to me
>>
Don't worry, they'll fix that in basic training
>>
>>24682227
>is it possible to have a worthwhile or fulfilling experience in the armed forces

yes

>with 0 sense of patriotism?

No. You'll feel cool at first but if you don't have real motivation, you'll slowly hate everything more and more every day when you see incredibly stupid, pointless, avoidable shit happen over and over again.
>>
Hey, at least you get to blow up sandniggers. That's what I joined for
>>
>>24682263
fuck that's me
>>
form the betahood of steel
>>
>>24682262
Ha. Assuming we're talking about enlisting in the US armed forces, basic training is a joke. Even the USMC is starting to fall victim to political correctness.
>>
>>24682227
>0 sense of patriotism

Unless you REALLY want to kill people, id recommend against. Youll probably regret it
>>
>>24682263

Well it's not so much about feeling superior or too cool, I can't force myself to believe in something that doesn't resonate with me.

But I see the whole experience, basic training, discipline, self-improvement etc. as a pursuit that would ultimately benefit me.

Are you speaking from experience?
>>
The sense of patriotism kicks in after you retire on disability and they pay you a lifelong salary
>>
>>24682227
I've been debating joining the armed forces.

I seriously feel like I have no sense of purpose in life. I've nearly completed a degree and I'm off to medical school soon after... but it feels like I've just been coasting the past few years. Obviously its very irresponsible at this point to throw my hands up in the air and walk away from that to go join the military.
>>
>>24682341
Yes, I am speaking from experience.

Ultimately it did benefit me; I stopped being a bitch, learned a lot of stuff, and am getting a fair amount of job experience that I can use later. Not to mention GI bill benefits.

Keep in mind, though, that if you join you ARE making a commitment to a) do whatever your superiors tell you, no matter how stupid they are, and b) go to some shithole and potentially die there.
>>
File: simpsons[1].jpg (8 KB, 262x192) Image search: [Google]
simpsons[1].jpg
8 KB, 262x192
What if this thread is subliminal/superliminal marketing and a few posters will make a very compelling case for the military.
>>
>>24682394

>Ultimately it did benefit me; I stopped being a bitch, learned a lot of stuff, and am getting a fair amount of job experience that I can use later. Not to mention GI bill benefits.

See these are the reasons that I'm attracted to the army, I think that the army would benefit just about everyone on this board, I'm saying this only from observation but it really does seem to build character.

Do you consider yourself a patriot? Do you believe in the motto/mission of the army? I fully understand what you say that without patriotism you can become disillusioned and start seeing the whole thing as a series of bullshit and pointless tasks, did you feel this way? Is this the only downfall of not "believing" in the army? Can I just treat it with the same respect that I would a career (put aside the obvious differences)?
>>
>>24682443
The US military is over-strength right now. They're looking for excuses to kick shitbags and injured people out, and the requirements for recruits are going up.

There is no point in a recruiter going to a board full of basement-dwellers who can't pee within a two-mile radius of someone else.

>>24682474
>I think that the army would benefit just about everyone on this board
>it really does seem to build character

The Army can only benefit you in that sense if YOU improve YOUR OWN character. BCT is just an easier environment to do it in than most. If someone shows up with an "I give up, this is too hard" or a "fuck this shit, I'm going to do what I want" attitude and clings onto it, that person will be the exact same at the end of BCT (if he doesn't drop) as he was before he joined.

>those other questions

Are you CID?
>>
If you can get at least a 50 on the ASVAB, go air force bro. Quality of life is so much better than the other branches and generally smarter/better people to be around. A good supervisor will pretty much force you to start working towards a degree or taking CLEPS to get basically free credits. I'm a computer programmer, been in a little under a year but love it.

Oh and at tech school every Friday was steak for lunch and dinner. Shits nice.
>>
>>24682227
What if you have social anxiety? Being around military types 24/7 would probably make it absolute hell.
>>
>>24682587
>Oh and at tech school every Friday was steak for lunch and dinner. Shits nice.

I know absolutely nothing about you, but I hate you so goddamn much
>>
>>24682227
It was worth it for me...
>be me
>2001
>pissed off at the Muslims for 9/11
>me and my friend wanted to kill those sand nigger bitches
>both decide to join army
>it seemed exciting at first
>be first day all I did was scrub shit in the bathroom
>my friend got to do all the cool shit
>week later I upgrade to toliet duty
>my friend begins the tough training
>fast toward a few months my friend is ripped as shit and is now ready for war
>be me now bathroom admin
>seem more scrawny than before I began this hell and instead of fighting I am in charge of bathroom duties once we are in Afghanistan
>be in Afghan
>scrub more shit than ever before
>friend does cool war shit
>3 lousy months of same shit goes by until my friend does in battle
>depressed as shit
>clean shit for one more horrible month
>go home
>be present
>every janitor I knew but one guy is still alive today
>only 2 people in my friend's squad are still alive
>murica

So most often if you join you basically die doing war shit or want to die by cleaning shit.

I don't recommend it.
>>
>>24682667
Oops it wasn't worth it not was. Damn auto correct
>>
>>24682630
The food is no joke. During my basic training we were given 10 minutes to eat, none of that "lick a biscuit and get the fuck out" type shit. Went from 174 to 160 in basic, went from 160 to 185 in tech school, current at 179 working back towards 165. You eat so fucking much in tech school for freeeee.
>>
File: USAFDronePilot.jpg (115 KB, 995x662) Image search: [Google]
USAFDronePilot.jpg
115 KB, 995x662
>>24682601
become a drone vidyagamer
>>
Tfw I wanna join the army or marines to kill and because I like guns. I'm really fit too so I think I can make it. Anyone else here share my feels?
>>
File: satisfact.png (224 KB, 760x572) Image search: [Google]
satisfact.png
224 KB, 760x572
>>24682736
Instead of trying to explain how incredibly enraged I am, especially since I'm an aircraft mechanic, I'm just going to post this pic because it seems to be relevant.
>>
File: zergface.png (29 KB, 105x120) Image search: [Google]
zergface.png
29 KB, 105x120
Y E S!

Nigger, if you're young enough to join then fucking DO IT

Biggest regret of my life is not enlisting

Think about it, if you're smart you're going to murder the ASVAB and secure a comfy position, and you don't want to stay in the military you get dat dare GI BIll.

And if you're stupid who gives a shit your life is fucking forfeit anyway, might as well kill some wogs for the fatherland
>>
>>24682227
Why does Fallout 3/NV Power Armor look like such limp-dick fagshit, lads?
>>
>>24682227
If you have 0 patriotism you'd get nothing out of it except a paycheck and the skillset you'd need to get into military contracting afterwards, which is where the money is
>>
I'm kicking around the same idea, OP.

I want to be a fireman after talking to some anon on /r9k/ a couple weeks ago who recommended it. Apparently it isn't that hard to land a firefighting job in the military, hopefully I can do that for a little while and then leave and get into the civilian sector and find a job firefighting there.
>>
What cuntry are you from op
>>
>>24682443

I'm sure a bunch of autistic virgins who can barely maintain eye contact in face to face conversations are the exact people they're looking for kek
>>
>>24682263
In other words it's not an option for those past a certain level of intelligence.
>>
File: freedom isnt free.jpg (179 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
freedom isnt free.jpg
179 KB, 500x375
>>24682227
Good speed, robofriend.
>>
File: 1377780868968.png (129 KB, 186x264) Image search: [Google]
1377780868968.png
129 KB, 186x264
>>24683076

tipbot
>>
>>24682587
>If you can get at least a 50 on the ASVAB

What does the ASVAB actually test? I've heard you can't study for it, but that's obviously bullshit, every test can be studied for.
>>
>>24682263
I've seen this before, but it's not always true. I had 0 patriotism, but I really wanted to learn what they had to teach, and really wanted out of the situation I came from. The way I looked at it was a give and take, they used me I used them. So I never really hated it. I also did my time and got out as soon as possible.
>>
>>24683109
>no actual response
>>
>>24683111
It's essentially an IQ test, even ZOG isn't stupid enough to employ nigs in crucial positions

If you're smart you'll do well, if you're stupid you won't
>>
>>24683207
>ZOG isn't stupid enough to employ nigs in crucial positions

Most of our presidents (who command the armed forces) have been complete retards for the past few decades.

Anyway, it could still help to have an idea of what'll be on the test.
>>
>>24683038

Aus

fuckingORIGINALCOMMENTCUNT!
>>
File: 1408570491768.jpg (10 KB, 152x225) Image search: [Google]
1408570491768.jpg
10 KB, 152x225
>>24683259
>presidents command the armed forces
>>
File: triangles be racsis.jpg (28 KB, 340x355) Image search: [Google]
triangles be racsis.jpg
28 KB, 340x355
>>24683259
>it could still help to have an idea of what'll be on the test
>>
File: IMG_20151202_042654.jpg (2 MB, 2859x2734) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151202_042654.jpg
2 MB, 2859x2734
>>24682551
>CID
;)
>>
File: 1447024073892.png (6 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1447024073892.png
6 KB, 640x480
>>24682227

If it's possible wherever you are I have no idea, I just know that I didn't.

In the start we got the guns, the uniform, I felt badass as fuck. Then it turned out that oh geez autism and stress don't really fit together. I spent 3 fucking months moaning myself through bootcamp freezing my balls off, hating everything and everyone considering daily to shoot myself in the leg to get away.

As soon as bootcamp was over I literally jewed myself out of any hard work, I took the easiest position avaiable, sucked up to officers and licked so much ass I still taste the shit in my mouth. On the positive side I never had to eat a field ration again, only officer food such as fresh bread and juice in the middle of field exercises. Along with the sweet sweet hate of my fellow soldiers who had no problem showing their utter disgust over all the mandatory exercice I spent pimping around in my own vehicle.

I had no patriotism whatsoever, what I believed I had turned out to really just be a willingness to let others die in wars I would gladly support from this very website.

Essentially I can by no means recommend a robot joining the army under no circumstances if you don't have meathead levels of patriotism clogging your IQ. Just fucking don't. It won't change you, the neetness in your veins will find a fucking way to manifest itself no matter the situation, I promise you.
>>
>>24683381
Still browsing?
Im currently aus army, ask away
>>
>>24682227
It's one of the most rewarding things a man can do. Attain physique, skill, learn dozens of ways to kill a man and thousands of ways to traverse, explore, scout, fix, cook, clean, heal. Make friends you're likely to stick with for quite a while. Learn to take shit and when not to.

It's all that's Man and zero anything else. Do it, you won't regret it. And patriotism-wise, don't sweat it. Think of soldiering as your job, nothing more.
>>
>>24684532

see >>24682474 it was my mine, the other anon provided what I guess is the correct answers but if you could answer it in an australian context i'd be happy
>>
>>24684487

This kind of sounds like more your fault than the Army's to be honest.
>>
>>24685674

Obviously it was my fault.

There is no telling what happens to a person who joins the army, the very point of bootcamp is to scratch you down to your very core so that they may rebuild you from there. I for one were still a lazy stubborn fuck at the core, and just wouldn't be put together into the soldier ideal.

The one thing I CAN recommend to a robot who wants to join the army is the concept of giving yourself up completely to a routine, a set time for eating food, sleeping, etc. In a way it was refreshing for my mind, altough just barely.
>>
>>24682227
>TFW you'd never get through MEPS with your terrible health.
>>
>>24682289
Seriously though, any vets with technical experience and training want to pool money to build a vault and start a cult?

BoS tats required
>>
File: YPG.png (7 KB, 290x172) Image search: [Google]
YPG.png
7 KB, 290x172
>>24682227
join the kurdish Lions of Rojava YPG

Don't fight for greedy corporate fucks, fight for a greater cause of freedom and safety in a land that needs it.
>>
File: 1448141880241.jpg (179 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1448141880241.jpg
179 KB, 800x800
>talks about joining the army
>posts image from Fallout 4

Just stop right there.
>>
File: dog.jpg (14 KB, 272x245) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
14 KB, 272x245
>>24686031
>fallout 4
end yoursmelf
>>
File: Michael gira.jpg (170 KB, 645x738) Image search: [Google]
Michael gira.jpg
170 KB, 645x738
>>24686058
>fallout 3, fallout 4, new vegas

What's the difference?
>>
>>24686077
>implying fallout nv is fallout 4

GOT OUT
>>
>>24684487
What about national guard senpai?
>>
>>24686077
Nice breddit tier meme, too bad no one can upboat this trash here
>>
File: 1445208841979.jpg (57 KB, 256x406) Image search: [Google]
1445208841979.jpg
57 KB, 256x406
>>24686077
Nice try Todd, but New Vegas is clearly superior to your shit games
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.