[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: things that trigger your PTSD >have an anxiety attack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 11
File: 1425140020147.png (205 KB, 800x850) Image search: [Google]
1425140020147.png
205 KB, 800x850
ITT: things that trigger your PTSD

>have an anxiety attack almost everytime I hear a knock on a door, be in real life or on tv or something
>>
File: 1448938138765.png (444 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1448938138765.png
444 KB, 800x600
>the phone rings
>>
>someone posts something mean
this is what gave me PTSD in the first place
>>
>roommates are talking outside my door

I always get worried they're talking about me, especially when they're complaining about some smell or yelling or something. It drives me nuts.
>>
>>24679374
I got it because the chads at uni used to knock on my door to get me to come out so they could make fun of me, beat me up and make me drink till I spewed
>>
>>24679342

Whenever I hear a knock on the door I still freak the fuck out. My first instinct is to go into my room and hide.

When I go to my parents house and hear the doorbell ring, I try to go upstairs and look at who it is through the upstars window. I usually wont answer the door, and just wait until they go away.
>>
>get a call from an unknown number
>get a call from anyone at all

nobody ever calls me unless it's something bad
>>
>>24679342
I hate to sound like one of those tumblrfags, and I try to avoid self diagnosing shit, but is it possible to have PTSD after a month of a traumatic event?
I got mugged at knife point by two guys. They threw me to the floor and stomped on my head and threatened to kill me before twatting me some more.. Ever since then I've been getting no sleep most nights, and when I do, it's not until about 10am. It's kinda fucked me. I know much worse things happen to people, but I've never had panic attacks before then and I'm starting to think it might go a bit deeper than being scared now.
>>
>>24679443
It has to be after more than like a month for it to be PTSD, otherwise it's just normal stress.
>>
File: 1339110363985.jpg (16 KB, 620x478) Image search: [Google]
1339110363985.jpg
16 KB, 620x478
Checking my fucking emails
>>
-Every time I see a car crash on a TV show or movie.
-Every time someone says "factory job" "warehouse job".

Triggers me.
>>
>>24679461
Yeah man I thought so. It's obviously not the worst thing to ever happen in the world, but I'm super easy going and never ever had to deal with shit like that, and It's not been very nice since. They took my shit but they also took a lot of confidence from me. That and I'm afraid to go outside now.
>>
>>24679496
Are you me? Warehouse jobs make me consider killing myself. More than usual, I mean. But shit yeah, they're fucking horrible. They're immigrant jobs for a reason.
>>
When I hear footsteps coming behind me fast at night time. It makes me go in to a black out rage and attack whoever was behind me, I know why, it's because I used to get jumped and mugged growing up in niggerville.
>>
File: 1448994051240.jpg (8 KB, 228x250) Image search: [Google]
1448994051240.jpg
8 KB, 228x250
>log onto facebook
>anxiety attack
>>
File: 1445113380423.gif (2 MB, 696x478) Image search: [Google]
1445113380423.gif
2 MB, 696x478
>>24679342
Couples.

Especially those walking hand in hand.
>>
File: 1373605853502.jpg (56 KB, 597x519) Image search: [Google]
1373605853502.jpg
56 KB, 597x519
>>24679563
Fucking this

>logging onto FB on your birthday
>>
>>24679513
Can happen to anyone, nothing to excuse or feel sorry about. It's a biological condition. Here's the diagnostic criteria, symptoms have to happen longer than a month:
http://www.mhacolorado.org/file_depot/0-10000000/30000-40000/31946/folder/88735/PTSD_Criteria.pdf
>>
>>24679443
>I hate to sound like one of those tumblrfags, and I try to avoid self diagnosing shit, but is it possible to have PTSD after a month of a traumatic event?

Yeah man. Especially after you just experienced.

I got in a bad car accident and the next morning I woke up feeling like I had just been in the accident again.

It might get better, it all depends.

Tumblr gets "triggered" over dumb shit, but yours is legit.
>>
>>24679414
I know this anon, the paranoia will never go away.
>>
>>24679414
i do this exact same thing
>>
>>24679534

Yep. Every time I went to this factory job I had I felt like offing myself. It was hot, dirty and the people were miserable (probably because they also hate the job).

Now that I have a nice office job, there's no way I can ever go back. Just hearing those two words together triggers me.
>>
>>24679679
To be fair, this ticks a lot of boxes for me. Is it even worth going to a doctor over? It's always intruding in my thoughts. I go to sleep and try to clear my mind and somehow one thing will link into an element of it and then before I know it I can feel my heart rate going through the roof and I'm reliving the whole thing. Some guys walked past me the other day and they were dressed in similar clothes to the guys that did it to me and I was instantly shaking like a leaf. It's no fun. I'm only awake now (5am) because I know exactly what will happen when I go to bed.

>>24679708
And thanks man, I don't like talking about it on here because everyone always has to compare shit, but I appreciate you sharing that. It is like all this bad shit happened just the night before isn't it? I just straight up don't go out much now. Spent 4 days straight unable to sleep, working on a beat about getting mugged haha. Hope you get better too man.
>>
Eye contact
My mom used to beat me and make me look her in the eyes, I could never do it for more than a few seconds, now I'm a fucking sperg
>>
File: 1406516168571.png (516 KB, 680x418) Image search: [Google]
1406516168571.png
516 KB, 680x418
>>24679443
I was mugged at knife point on the night of my 18th birthday. Never been the same ever since. I'll be 25 soon, and I basically live the hikikomori life now to shut myself off from the world. No one bothers keeping contact with me any more aside from my immediate family and I think about killing myself every day. I'm about to swallow a fistful of sleeping pills just to bury my conscience for 7 hours. For your sake I really think you should talk to a doctor about being prescribed something (some type of Benzodiazepine) for your anxiety.
>>
File: 1482125-ouroboros.jpg (31 KB, 499x640) Image search: [Google]
1482125-ouroboros.jpg
31 KB, 499x640
>see an ouroboros
>remember <DISASTER CYCLE>
>>
File: 767633455.jpg (68 KB, 350x295) Image search: [Google]
767633455.jpg
68 KB, 350x295
>>24680298
Fucking hell man I'm sorry to hear about that, it's fucking horrible isn't it? Why do these cunts have to exist in the first place?
You know when you go to bed and reflect on your day? Imagine being that person and thinking "What a productive day! I mugged the shit out of that guy" without ever considering how bad it makes someone feel.
I could literally go on and on about how wrong it is to put someone in that situation. I'm a 'hippie' (in everyone else's words anyway haha) and I'd never hurt anyone..But I've had many violent thoughts since, because I know that someone on that level doesn't have any compassion in the first place. What did they take from you mate?

On your fucking birthday too man. That's rough..Dude, I feel you.
>>
>>24679976

Sounds like real PTSD to me.. I would go to a therapist if I were you. They might help you ease or get over that experience.

Many only charge as much as you make. I think you should talk to someone about that. You sound like a good person.
>>
>>24680298
>For your sake I really think you should talk to a doctor about being prescribed something (some type of Benzodiazepine) for your anxiety.

I dont think drugs are the answer.. I wouldn't recommend a psychiatrist, but a psychologist. You guys need to get over that experience the right way, not just make it go away for one night with pills.
>>
File: 1442585122206.gif (1 MB, 360x255) Image search: [Google]
1442585122206.gif
1 MB, 360x255
>>24679359
T H I S
JUST LEAVE ME ALONE
>>
>>24680449
I think I will do y'know, anon. I was worried before that they'd ask me about drugs if I went but I guess I will just tell them what they need to know.
Thank you anon. It's genuinely helped me feel a bit better just talking about it. Every time I've mentioned it to anybody they just say "just don't think about it!" like shit! I never thought of it that way...Haha but thank you anon, I appreciate the support.
>>
fireworks, firecrackers, shooting ranges.
shitty wiring jobs
fuck sandniggerstan
>>
If I get triggered by things like these without having PTSD do you guys hate me?
>>
>>24679342
>walk bye a big old building near my school
>looks just like the psychiatric hospital I was institutionalized, beaten/ abused in by one of the staff as a kid
>tried to tell the doctors I was being hurt
>nobody fucking believed me
>roommate has pillowcases that remind me of the ones from the room I was held in

I feel ashamed of myself for actually letting these things get to me. I don't talk about it with anyone but my mother.
>>
>>24680603

No problem. I really hope you can get over that experience later on. You don't sound like you deserved that.
Definitely do look into a therapist/psychologist. I think you might be able to deal with it better in just a few sessions.

Good luck on everything!
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.