[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how far do you let friends grill you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1441671626806.jpg (73 KB, 519x380) Image search: [Google]
1441671626806.jpg
73 KB, 519x380
I try not be an oversensitive cunt, but is there a line to draw when your friends are grilling you?

>being more social, making normie friends
>they start insulting me
>one of them always insults me, others join in
>I try to argue back, they just attack more and more
>I silently rage and walk out

Was I being oversensitive? I know friends make fun of each other sometimes, but it gets to a point where I'm in the company of enemies rather than friends.

I'm fucking sick of normies. They cause me nothing but pain.
>>
it really depends on what they were saying. guys like to give each other shit all the time.
>>
I just laugh it off, but am mad deep inside.
Just try to roast them next time and learn to bantz.
>>
Nah, usually you either fucked up in the interaction or saw something pathetic in the way you acted. If youre respected people wont dare insult you. Tldr just b yourself
>>
>>24678316

When I did have friends the consensus was to not do those retarded things to each others, at least not in public with people we're not so close to.

When they did it was nothing to be mad about. I really wouldn't allow them to make me mad tho. shit friends.

If you're not comfortable around the people you hang out with talk em out of it or leave em really

If they dont understand at all they were never really meant for you
>>
>>24678352
Why do normies feel the need to put each other down in the first place? Why do I have to earn their fucking respect? Not trying to be edgy, just wondering
>>
I've had a friend for a few years, now. This guy and I probably go about 8 years back by now. We always kind of rib eachother from time to time. I'll make fun of him being fat, he'll throw jokes about how I'm stupid or forgetful, sometimes it smarts a little but it's all in good fun.

Lately, though, he seems to think it's really funny to make fun of my wife leaving me, and it's been about a year now and I'm still pretty sensitive about it, but he won't let up. The other day he found her on facebook and let me know that she's engaged and keeps making jokes about how easy it was for her to replace me and I just told him, "Dude, that's way over the line" and stopped talking to him.

If you aren't okay with what you're hearing, then either they don't realize they're being douches or they aren't your friends. Let them know and if they're toxic people just don't spend time around them.
>>
File: 1448918161231.jpg (85 KB, 635x960) Image search: [Google]
1448918161231.jpg
85 KB, 635x960
>>24678443

he must be a dumb shit
>>
>>24678316
are you in fucking highschool or something lol?
>>
>>24678443
I sort of know how you feel. First they started with funny stuff, like my appearance or personality, but now they've stepped it up and made it more personal. It seems like every set of male friends I make does this. They start off friendly, then just keep ramping the insults up.
>>
>>24678316
dude wtf? why even chill with them? fuck em, just drop them and dont interact with them. none of my buddies roast me (unless you count the complete joke "fite me kid" and other stupid ass shit). also, if they cause any actual problems, dont be afraid to get in their face or get physical (just make sure youre not all bark and no bite, like that saying "if you pull a gun then you better be ready to die").
>>
File: pepe_coffee.jpg (31 KB, 462x230) Image search: [Google]
pepe_coffee.jpg
31 KB, 462x230
I'm the master griller of the squad, so as much as they want
>>
>>24678316

It all depends on the relationship with the person.

I'll give you an example.

Me and my best friend will sometimes insult the shit out of each other, jokingly of course but sometimes pointing out or mocking real flaws. We have been like brothers for around 11 years. On occasion, we say some really fucked up shit to each other for fun, but neither of us actually gets offended because we just have that friendship.

Compare that with a not-so-close friend who I have known for a few months? If he said some of the more tame shit to me, I'd probably take it in stride and say something back, but if he said some of the worse shit that me and my best friend say to each other, I would get pissed off.

Your situation sounds different though. Bbased on what you are saying, it sounds like everyone gangs up on you. If your group of "friends" is ganging up on you and making you the "scapegoat" of the group, then you might want to get new friends.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.