[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys I need a different hobby. Currently I listen to music almost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Capture.png (6 KB, 331x97) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
6 KB, 331x97
Guys I need a different hobby. Currently I listen to music almost every chance I get and write reviews for them in a Google Doc that is shared with no one. I think it's getting to be pointless now and really need something to fill the void. What hobbies to you guys have?
>>
Why not just start up a Wordpress.com account and post them there? If you tag things sensibly people will find your work (and disagree with you)

But do it enough and maybe Pitchfork will hire you.
>>
>>24675689
Why don't you write a blog or something, if that is something that you like to do?

Also, you could try doing some sports, maybe?
>>
>>24675753
>>24675772
yeah, it's not like anyone is going to read that either lolol
>>
>>24675753
not that serious with it because my reviews are almost all personal taste. I have never played an instrument before or have an music experience so it's just a lot of "I thought this part was good because of how he related it to ____." or "I think this album would be perfect for a rainy day under warm blankets."
>>24675772
Not /fit/ but I can at least not stumble around (125lbs skelly). Are there sports you can do alone?
>>24675802
That's what I was thinking and if someone argues I probably couldn't defend myself very well.
>>
File: waekeffort.png (18 KB, 368x482) Image search: [Google]
waekeffort.png
18 KB, 368x482
>>24675689
If you're going to collect music atleast be good at it
>>
>>24675689
i started writing my own music.

i've painted, sculpted with clay a little bit.

a few years ago i learned how to design levels for a game mod i played, i might work on making my own single player mod.

i want to design t-shirts too.
>>
>>24676254
I try to find new stuff but I often go back to the older albums I liked. I also work so at most I can only really listen to around 3 - 4 new albums a day. I also try not to pirate anything so I tend to just lurk Bandcamp for name your price albums. Got any recs or just your favorite artist / album?
>>
>>24675859
You don't need any experience with instruments to make reviews. If you make a serious blog, I'm sure people will read it. It will take a while though.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (40 KB, 452x583) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
40 KB, 452x583
>>24675689
>>24676254
>small timers in this thread
>>
>>24676331
I think it would help if I just knew how music works because when I (rarely) read other reviews they talk about instruments, flow, etc. I just feel I lack what they have so my reviews are just what I liked / didn't like instead of truly critiquing an album.
>>
>>24676355
nice collection and good software choice
>>
Have you tried playing an instrument?

It's a lot of fun, especially since you're already into music.
>>
>>24676355
shit love me senpai
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.