[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Humor me guys. At some point I had an altercation with my sister
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1
Humor me guys. At some point I had an altercation with my sister and hit her on the back of the head with my palm. We yelled at each other for a few minutes after and then she reported me to the police.

There was no bruises and the only thing she can complain about is a headache. The police said they would arrest me and press charges.

My question is, how could they even find anything out? There were no witnesses, no physical evidence of me harming her. It was basically her word only. What would have happened if this was taken to charges being pressed and I recieved my lawyer?

What do you think?
>>
use your words next time okay?
>>
>>24675473
What did you tell the cops?
>>
i don't think they can prove anything but they're police who are weak to pussy so they might charge you

it's just your word against hers
>>
>>24675473
Bro you're going to jail. Go rape your sister you have to lose anyway.
>>
you are a faggot for laying your hands on her. You should have been arrested on the spot.
>>
>>24675497
you heard the man OP, tell us
>>
>>24675473
You should've gotten that out of your system when you were 8.
>>
>>24675502

but how would they even work? how can you press charges without it going to court? and in court you have to bring some sort of evidence to prove your accusation

>>24675497

I told them we fought and I took the option of rehabilitation in a hospital for a few days. But let's assume I didn't and decided to take my chances with a case?
>>
>>24675541
No. Like did you tell them you struck her? Did you deny striking her when she brought it up?
>>
>>24675473
i hope you get raped in jail
>>
>>24675596

This happened a while ago. Nothing came of it except a medical record of staying in the hospital.

I'm posting this because I am curious what would have ACTUALLY happened had I tried my luck with going to court and not telling them I struck her.
>>
>>24675682
In the world where you denied ever sticking your sister and there being no evidence to support you striking your sister the case would be dismissed. Admitting you struck her to the cops changes everything.
>>
>>24675817

It intimidated the shit out of me because when they came they basically said if I didn't take the hospital deal, they would arrest me

I live in Canada so the thought of them just siding with a female never left my mind
>>
Do not talk to the police. At all. If they try to ask you questions, say "I'd like a lawyer." That's it.

Police exist to make the government profit. The more charges the police rack up, the more profit is made. The vast majority of cases aren't proven by evidence, they're proven by the perpetrator confessing to avoid a longer sentence.

Do not talk to police. Ever. They do not care if you are innocent. Their job is to rack up as many charges as possible.

But yes, the legal system is completely fucked. Men have gone to prison for decades just based on rape accusations with no evidence whatsoever. The system is broken.
>>
>>24675977

Yeah, don't ever plan on this happening again but if a situation ever happens where I could be fucked I will ensure I know exactly what to do.

I got taken advantage of for being green, thankfully the cop in question was merciful and did not charge me, I'm not on a criminal record.
>>
>>24675977
You're assuming a lawyer would've helped. Lawyers make more money the longer a case goes, and they get paid whether you win or lose. It's in their interest to just keep the case going for as long as n possible so they can extort more money out of you.
Cops are shit, lawyers are shit, judges are shit, gg.
>>
.zzz^&*((*&&*((*&.

http://www.newyorker.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/140908_r25419-1200.jpg
>>
>>24676118
>they get paid whether you win or lose.

But they don't get rehired if they lose you kek.
>>
>>24676118

There are lawyers who you can get for free. It's a small-time as fuck case anyway, and there is zero evidence.

It would go nowhere and no self-respecting lawyer would intentionally fuck over their client just to make some money.
>>
>>24675511
roastie gettin toasty
>>
- was running a sick custom laptop gifted by fly hunny
- made creepypasta an even sicker laptop, running it right now
-dont have internet at home, waiting for her to come by
-love toasting :P
>>
>>24675682
charges being pressed, you'd probably get a public lawyer, appeal everything up until your sister either gives up or demands trial, which would ultimately amount to nothing and probably get dismissed or the jury would rule in your favor. i think. depends if it goes to criminal or civil court. either way she stood no chance. people have gotten away with shit with many more witnesses and evidence
>>
hi robot

i am your father

-anon.
>>
>>24676155
How often do you rehire a lawyer you tard?

>Inb4 reputation
Which is almost entirely built by marketing teams in the lawyer's pocket. Or by all their lawyer buddies who stick together in their ol boys club.
>>
>>24676160
And if you get them for free they don't give a shit. So you're just as fucked. Might as well defend yourself.
>>
>>24676118
Most defense lawyers will tell you to plead guilty for a plea bargain you wanker. Something like 85% of all cases end in plea bargaining, which is a terrible option when you haven't done anything.
>>
>>24675473
because a woman saying you did something is more valid than having evidence in our legal system for some stupid reason
>>
>>24676310
Agreed. Which is why lawyers are shit.
>>
@robot

define collaberation
>>
what do you need?
>>
>>24676310
>>24676268

so basically I don't even need a lawyer and just keep denying I did anything until the case is thrown out

easy
>>
hey u :P

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/1a/06/85/1a06852287fbe4a5493a9382b0fe4f53.jpg

:P
>>
>>24676438
No you kek, you get a lawyer, and if they tell you to take a plea deal, you tell them hell the fuck no (assuming you haven't done anything wrong.)

If you did not commit the exact crime they are attempting to charge you with, you plead NOT GUILTY. The second you plead guilty it is official and it's a hell of a lot harder to undo a guilty conviction. At least if you plead not guilty there's a decent chance that the prosecutor won't bother pursuing the case, though that only applies if it's a minor crime and not something big.
>>
>>24676502

Okay, another question JUST for the sake of curiosity.

What if I told the officers there was an altercation, but went ahead with it going to court?

Do they need my confession on record or is the officer just saying I did enough?
>>
>>24675682
If there was absolutely no evidence of you striking her except for her word, you would not get into any trouble. The police would try very very hard to get you to confess to hurting her, but if you stuck to your guns they wouldn't be able to do shit unless she had medical records indicating that some damage was done to her that was a result of her being hit, in which case she could pretty much choose to blame whoever she wants.
>>
>>24676590
Never talk to the police. You're basically fucked.
>>
>>24676649
>>24676735

Thanks guys, this is very educational. Will keep this in mind. I definitely think I need to educate myself about the law and the police more.

It's helpful for anyone, even the average Joe.
>>
>>24675473
She's your sister, dude. Talk to her and apologise for being a fucking retarded faggot who hits people because he can't control his emotions.
>>
File: roastie gettin toasty.png (130 KB, 204x306) Image search: [Google]
roastie gettin toasty.png
130 KB, 204x306
>>24676865

oh hey
>>
>>24676145
>>24676186
>>24676211
>>24676387
>>24676411
>>24676450

Is this some spambot or?
>>
>>24675473
The fact that you posted online admitting it maybe.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.