[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oldschool Runescape
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: muhgold.jpg (6 KB, 259x195) Image search: [Google]
muhgold.jpg
6 KB, 259x195
Hey robots,

Should I play oldschool runescape? Haven't played runescape in forever, also general runescape experience thread.
>>
I think the new Runescape is a lot better, but that's just me. It fixes a lot of the flaws of the oldschool version. I also like the new features such as the customizable HUD. The only downsides I can think of is the pointless inclusion of voice-acting in certain quests and the microtransaction bullshit. Seriously, fuck microtransactions.

I grew up on the oldschool runescape and I still remember playing it back in 2006. Good times. In reality, it was a poorly designed game, but the progress after hours of grinding was so satisfying.
>>
>>24675288
I dub thee unforgiven.
>>
>>24675288
If you need to ask you won't handle the grind.Game's not for you.
>>
all i do is kill moss giantes in varrock sewers and sell the seeds i get, i have like 10 mil and im lvl 103, but its boring as hell lol
>>
>tfw no old school clan chat that isn't overran by 50 shitposters
>>
File: 1445920815396.jpg (11 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1445920815396.jpg
11 KB, 184x184
>2006
>join runescape as F2P scrubcake because brother recommended it
>zezima is the shit
>convince daddy to let me buy 1 month membership because I lost my paper round.
>he gives in
>go to castle wars because that's all the rage
>zezima is dropping dragon legs
>I don't get them obviously but it was chill
>try out thieving in ardougne
>say to myself that one day I would get 99 thieving
>fast forward to 2014
>have been playing on and off all of those years, just doing stupid shit with some online buddies
>they're all gone now
>lost contact with brother
>thieving level: 81
>it's double xp weekend tomorrow

I stayed up all night doing pyramid plunder and got that cape. Then they announced 120 capes or whatever and I felt immediately shitty. haven't played since. it was a good run, impacted my early teens a lot.

>never even had more than 3m to my name
>>
i might try the maplestory reboot
>>
>>24676230
I don't mind grinding, I don't have much to do anyways
>>
>>24676334
Don't give up yet anon, you're almost at 99
>>
>playing World of Runecraft
>2013+2
>>
>>24676589
what would you reccomend?
>>
I miss this game.

I was maxed combat and prayer before EoC hit, also had really high non combats with a few 99's.

I can't tell you how mad I was when they released oldschool runescape and didn't allow account transfers. No fucking way am I repeating over a year of gameplay to get all that back.

Runescape died for me a long time ago. I've been watching the deadman streams and it looks fun, but I just no longer have the time to invest into that game, and not to mention the community has turned into utter shit.
>>
>playing Runescape
>not Darkscape
What are you some kind of cowardly pleb?
>>
>fall for the 'type your password backwards' trick
>didn't get my account stolen
feels good man
>>
>>24675288
i grew up on maplestory
>>
>>24675288
Try Albion online when it comes out
>>
File: 111.jpg (80 KB, 576x548) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
80 KB, 576x548
>>24678656
albions absolute shit, any retard that watched it for less then 5 seconds could see its designed for "mobile gaming"
>>
im ~1900 total level

playing osrs has at least given me something to do with my neetdom
>>
>>24676334
>someone else didn't make it to 99

thank fuck, I thought I was the only one
>>
>tfw banned from runescape
old school just isnt the same the community isnt the same and frankly you're not the same kid you used to be, its not 2006 anymore and it fucking sucks a lot to realize that. it used to hit me every once in a while
cant even be fucked to try rs3 with that microtransaction bullshit
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.