[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Job interview > Interviewer asked how I funded my college
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: socially-awkward-penguin.jpg (21 KB, 553x553) Image search: [Google]
socially-awkward-penguin.jpg
21 KB, 553x553
> Job interview
> Interviewer asked how I funded my college education
>>
>interviewer asks me what I do in my free time
>interviewer asks me anything about my life
>being in a job interview

dying in a painful way doesn't seem so bad
>>
>>24673887
Jerking off punks under a bridge.
>>
>>24673956
They ask these questions because they're trying to gauge if you're the kind of person they, or their coworkers, could be friends with.

These people are likely to see and spend more time with you than their actual family. They want to hire someone they enjoy being around just as much as someone who is qualified for the job.
>>
Ha, I'd say I made it through by selling drugs or turning tricks.
>>
>>24673991
This is the truth. And it's the reason why normals watch gay shit like Game of Thrones and sports. They need something to talk about.
>>
>>24673991
and I just need a job to pay my rent. why is it legal to discriminate that way?
>>
so what is the right answer? What if I tell them my scholarships covered everything? Is that not cool? Will they assume that I think I'm better than them?
>>
>>24674511
There is no right answer but saying you got a scholarship works fine. Then point out it's academic or something so that way they know you have commitment and shit

Basically interviews are the only time being a cocky confident fuck is ok but you also have to seem likeable because that's what theyre gauging most of the time.

"Do I want to work with this person + somewhat competent" > "faggot who knows what he's doing"
>>
>>24673991
you're right, and that's why it sucks. having a shitty personality has gotten in the way of getting jobs i know i'm qualified for. meanwhile i see plenty of chads and guys who just drank through their college years work up the ladder because they know how to talk to people.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.