[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is gonna sound cringe-worthy i know but my biggest fear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1446177242288.jpg (929 KB, 2560x1576) Image search: [Google]
1446177242288.jpg
929 KB, 2560x1576
This is gonna sound cringe-worthy i know but my biggest fear in live is that i'll be a cookie-cutter person. That i'll become just like a normal person and listen to normal music, watch normal movies, have normal hobbies and most importantly have a normal view of looking at the world.

I try my hardest to be a unique person but so far, and i think i succeeded at it but of course i'm kind of an outcast from any society i'm on.

I'm not an autist, more quiet and calm, but I tend to gravitate away from people, being unable to relate to them that well, and more towards doing stuff alone.
I keep telling myself that one day I might meet people who will accept me and not mind who I am but that day seems far away.

Anyway anyone else feel this same way?
>>
Ironically, your need to be different makes you a normal
>>
Honestly too many years on 4chan can cause this m8.

It's not really bad though i feel, though it's a lonely life.
>>
File: unique.jpg (147 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
unique.jpg
147 KB, 1600x1200
Maybe someday you'll learn about the pleasures of conformity and realize that being different is not necessarily for the best.
>>
>>24673741
Explain exactly?
>>
>>24673899
Because every fucking person on this planet wants to be a special snowflake.
>>
>>24673973
Most people wanna fit in.
>>
>>24673741
Fucking this. You're a cliche my man.

Everyone is a special snowflake OP, but every snowflake is made of fucking water.

I spent years trying to set myself apart, be unique, edgy, and different. In the end all it ever did was deepen my isolation, and justify my need to set myself apart further, leading to more isolating, and so on in a downward spiral until I had nothing but myself and a bottle of booze.
>>
>>24674007
Fit in, yet be totally accepted for who they are without having to conform to anyone elses standards. You said that yourself in the OP.

Most of us grow up past 13yr old maturity and realize it's impossible and relent to live lives of friendship and acceptance by others, but some, like yourself, give up as little as possible and end up joining a subculture that most fits who they think they are, and conform to fit that instead. It's the worst of both worlds:neither fully yourself in your chosen group, nor fully accepted by society.
>>
Why do you think people don't accept you OP?
I think, with most, at a certain point, it stops being because you're weird
And instead is because of something unpleasant
Pleasant weird people are awesome, I don't think most people actively dislike them
>>
>>24674349
Also, in order to want something, you usually have to be dissatisfied with the level of that thing you already have
Do you feel inhibited OP? Maybe, the problem isn't that you're too weird, but instead the problem is that you aren't weird enough!
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.