[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You are given immortality and a gold coin then sent back to 1490.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
You are given immortality and a gold coin then sent back to 1490. What do?
>>
>>24673673
Die of starvation because I cant speak any medieval language.
>>
>>24673740
>immortality
>tfw you can't even die
>tfw you'll have to live through 513 years of suffering before you'll see 4chins again
>>
>>24673673
Curl up and wait for the American revolution. Then I'd kill britbongs.
>>
>>24673740
You would pick up Middle English pretty fast.
>>
>>24673673
>sent back to 1490.
Any specific place I get sent back?
>>
>>24673673

become a pirate
rape and pillage the japanese
explore islands
get aids
spread aids

spend the gold coin on a ship or something
>>
I'd look for other immortals, and when I find them chop off their head with a sword.
>>
I'd start Christianity but I'd be Jesus
>>
Just walk around the world, thats what I would do if I didn't need food at any time in history.
>>
Find a cute peasant girl and make her my wife. Eventually make my way into the aristocracy with my prophetic level knowledge. Travel the world. Stop the Jews by encouraging a large scale genocide. Prevent the French Revolution. Prevent WW1.
>>
Strip naked and then run around a medieval town yelling OI OI OI and jacking off.
>>
File: f952nPi.png (37 KB, 206x200) Image search: [Google]
f952nPi.png
37 KB, 206x200
>>24673673
I'd shove the coin up my asshole!!! UHHHHHH!!
>>
>>24673970
where ever you are now
>>
>>24674024
I'd personally let WW1 happen, then join Hitler when he rises to power.
>>
>>24674064
And then what? Help them win the war with your vast knowledge of the occult?
>>
>>24674014
>tfw a boulder traps your hand in the desert and you can't swiss army it off
>>
>>24673975
I would go live among the japanese. I would be the wise man in legends that live mostly in solitude with many wives in my lifetime. I would live by water, and make clothing to sell and give to less fortunate. Everyday I walk along side water, and meditate in an attempt to purify myself, and indulge myself in evening tea. Occasionally I walk out to the nearby city to spoil myself and others with what wealth I may have.

I live this way for many decades until murrica comes. What should I do then?
>>
>>24674125
Go in the center of the nuke and see what it's like in an atomic blast.
>>
>>24673673
>make some books when the technology gets better so books can actually be made
>have plenty of years to perfect drawing rare Pepes and publish them in my books
>>
>>24673673
Where am I sent back? Same place I am now?
>>
>>24673673
Become Leonardo da Vinci's apprentice.
>>
>>24674094
Help him with as much as possible. Also, try and get Mosely into power in the UK and strengthen Italy's military more than Mussolini could.
>>
>Buy sword
>Fuck shit up
>???????
>profit
>>
>>24673993
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

fuck the robot desu senpai
>>
>>24674001
Please be trolling.
>>
>>24674148
I plan to do that in WWII actually, but what about before then? I mean when they first come and introduces their devil monster of smoke? (trains)
>>
>>24673673

>Tfw half black and white
>be hated for around 500 years because I'm immortal
>>
>>24674064
What you should do is prevent the US from entering WWI; then Germany would have won.
>>
Buy land. Sell in 1600 and put money in east india tea company. Build more wealth and acquire more land. Buy political parties make laws favorable to my interests. Rinse, repeat.
>>
>>24674194
Partake in WW1
>>
>>24673673
Do i feel pain if i'm wounded But survive
Or would i have a Steel body that would deflect everything ?
I'm I send asap to 1490s or can i learn some stuff then go to the 1490s?
>>
>>24674212
But Hitlerino never would have rose to power had they won.
>>
>>24674156
>>24674058
In that case, try to find some Indians really fucking fast before it gets too cold.
>>
>>24674231
Was japan active during that time in WWI? I'm honestly not sure.
>>
Follow the playbook from vampire legends.

Step 1. Amass wealth. Since I'm immortal I can become a low level knight or a warrior of some kind. Get land and some type of low ranking nobility in an out of the way place.

Step 2. Set my wealth to become intergenerational. Invest in the beginnings of a bank, use the land wisely, start buying up neighboring territory. Have a son who is rarely seen. Retire away to a place some distance away. "Die". Have my son take my place in 15 years. Everyone will note what a striking resemblance to the old lord of the manor he bears. Repeat as necessary.

3) In the meanwhile, entertain myself with the arts, sexual degeneracy, writing, etc up until the modern time.
>>
>>24674257
I hear they helped defend stuff from the germans on their side of the world
>>
>>24674257
Yes, they actually fought with the allies in WW1. But we were really disrespectful to them and we didn't take them seriously.
>>
>>24674247
So? He wouldn't have needed too. Nazi Germany was a pale imitation of the pre-1918 German Empire.
>>
>>24674262
Brings up the topic would you have endless kids or wouldn't have kids even if you tried.
>>
>>24674257
They were active in WW1 and before that. They won the Russo/Japanese war 10 years before.

One of the main reasons Japan was so angry after WW1 is that they did some work for the allies and got shit on. They resolved to become a "Great Power" of their own so they wouldn't have to endure such humiliation again.
>>
Find a nice, secluded area and become the true hermit of legend
>>
>>24674257
Yeah, by the 1910s they were already as militarily and scientifically advanced as any major Western power.
>>
>>24674269
>>24674283
>>24674299
Ah, alright. I honestly did not know that. I remember watching something about that, but skipped to the WWII parts.
>>
>>24674298
I would never have kids. Knowing I'm immortal having to watch them age or die in battle or something would be too hard. Plus they would probably learn my secrets and try to overthrow me.

Again, borrowing from vampire fiction tropes it's easier to adopt poor children and pass them off as your natural children.

Plus it's easier to kill them when you have no real attachment.
>>
>>24674058
Then I have lots of possibilities, medieval speaking I'm probably 1 max 2 days far from Venice, m8 be cool
>>
>>24674285
How so?
I know there was many similarities, but I thought it was a different style government entirely?
>>
>>24674368
Yeah, it was different, but I meant that Germany had peaked culturally during the pre-1918 empire, and the Nazis were just grasping at straws trying to return to those days.
>>
>>24673673
>get sent back in time
>save up as much money as possible, stealing and everything
>spend it all on gear
>sneak on to Columbus's ship
>go America
>make him start calling it burger land
>ultimate keks follow
>>
The important thing about technological innovation is that it requires certain conditions to be in place for that to take place. So if you go right ahead and try to invsnt the computer it will not work. That's why it is important to wait until there is a plague so that any labor intensive innovations that would possibly cause a rebellion similar to that of the luddites would not take place. There are also specific inventions that can be introduced much earlier but don't have such societal requirements. examples include a guillotine and a hot air balloon
>>
>>24673673
>Buy copious amounts of opium.
>Get higher than anyone has before because I can't OD.

I'm a degenerate in all periods of history.
>>
>>24674413

So thats why there are so many 80s remakes now...
>>
>>24673949
what if amerifat?
>>
File: 1428012750218.jpg (510 KB, 2151x1500) Image search: [Google]
1428012750218.jpg
510 KB, 2151x1500
>sent back to pre-colonial America
>live right ontop of what was once a tribe
>teach them knowledge and skills beyond their comprehension
>get praised as a god
>build empire
>europoors arrive
>tell them to fuck off and murder them all
>???
>fuck native girls 4 lyfe
>>
>>24674549
Yeah I live in the middle of the Californian desert. I'm pretty much guaranteed to die of thirst/starvation. There isn't even the chance of making it to the Indians to be worshipped as a white god-man. Even they were smart enough to not live in this shithole 500 years ago.
>>
>>24673949
OP just said we get sent back in time, not where, or if we got to even pick. i'd have to be learning some sort of native american language, but I'd probably get taken out by an arrow before I even saw one of them
>>
>>24674549
You'd be surprised how fast you'd pick it up if you were forced to.
>>
>>24674179
Jesus wasnt a suprhero, he was just a man. ANYONE could be Jesus.
>>
File: 1343264420508.png (96 KB, 177x240) Image search: [Google]
1343264420508.png
96 KB, 177x240
>introduce myself to local native tribes
>become worshipped as a white god from the future
>bang dozens of qt unspoiled native girls
>create a native Empire until the spanish arrive here
>sell out my native "brethren" and become spanish rich
>eventually betray the spanish for my English brethren
>become revered as a wise sage to be consulted for all questions, showered with money and affection from bucktooth english ratwomen
>stab them in the back to help liberate the colonies
>earn my place as an American folk hero, an undying legend who would eventually help Texas win the Alamo
>travel the world banging famous women because I can
>eventually when technology progresses I sneak into the home of a young christopher poole and kill him in cold blood
>make 4chan myself but this time don't get rid of the loli board
>despite this I will not warn Americans about 9/11 (if it will even happen with the alternate timeline) just because
>12 years later sell it to a Japanese man and live my life in the lap of luxury
>>
>>24674583
>teach them knowledge and skills beyond their comprehension

Such as? If anything you'd be relying on them, especially if you lived somewhere with a winter.
>>
>>24674230
how would you get around people knowing your immortal
>>
>>24674467
Next up is ideas of modernizing hygiene and medicine. The idea of washing hands before performing child birth would be difficult to do unless you were able to eifher get a royal decree or train a generation of surgeons.
Perhaps the most effective means of spreading information would be go to a monastery. Spend a decade there instilling knowledge into the area before going forward. If there's a famine the best move would be to give little suggestions into the merchants to slightly increase the efficiency of goods like the introduction of double book accounting, and a futures market for the buying and selling of grain
>>
>foretell coming of coulombs
>become respected in native american communities for prophecy
>inoculate them asap with cowpox
>lead them to victory over invaders
>create chill civilization with advanced technological knowledge
>probbly get worshiped like a god along the way
>>
>>24674630
Jesus's special skill was getting people to like him, trust him and follow him.

In my own time I can't get 10 people to be my friend, how am I supposed to convince the world to follow me anywhere.
>>
>>24674645
How exactly would you build that empire with no knowledge of the language
>>
>>24674588
>you are given immortality
>>
>>24674606
Or worse, brutally sacrificed in one of their heathen rituals. Although that could happen in Europe too.
>>
>>24674239
>Do i feel pain if i'm wounded But survive
yes, but im sure you'd get used to it after a while
>I'm I send asap to 1490s or can i learn some stuff then go to the 1490s?
asap
>>
>>24674691
by gesturing things and drawing pictures on buffalo hides or whatever those listerine drinking red faggots drew on
>>
>>24674630
Yeah, but if you said that in 1490s Europe you'd just be burned at the stake.
>>
>>24674681
Youre from the future. Just show them some magic tricks.
>>
>>24674648
Mining, energetic power, prediction of events, body anatomy and fuck ton more. I even know how to make gunpowder and basic guns.
>>
>>24674718
I went to the magic club of my highschool.
Magic tricks do not make people like you
>>
>>24673673
>You are given immortality

That's a horrible curse desu.

All of the people you know, all of your worldy posessions, they all just fall apart and turn to dust. Then the world itself and the sun does the same thing, then you exists as billion of atmos spread accross what's left of the galaxy, and yet you're somehow still alive.
>>
>>24674691
They'll probably make the kids teach this retard the language.
>>
>>24674094
Maybe help him with the knowledge of what happens in the future, since that's where he's from?
>>
>>24674718
Like what. It's not like I have a smart phone and unlimited electricity or anything.

I can't make gunpowder without looking it up, nor do I have the formula for advanced steel. I don't know how to make a gun. I know the basics behind flight but without the materials I couldn't build a glider and it's not like I can go to the store and buy them.

Not trolling, just genuinely curious. You go to 15th century Europe, what can you make or show them that would wow you, just off the top of your head.
>>
>>24674760
>implying a robot would give a shit
it just means unlimited chances at getting a qt senpai
>>
>>24674794
show them memes
>>
>>24674722
Would you be able to find all the tools and ingredients for that stuff alone? Even if you knew where to look, it might take years to set anything up, in which time the tribe might just get fed up and reject you.
>>
>>24674798
Surely after enough centuries had passed, you'd get control enough over your autism to successfully pursue a woman, right?
>>
I'd become a living god, my existence would prove all other forms of religion wrong. I'd try to lay low in north america for a few centuries, mentally writing up my personal "bible" for people to live by and planning my "look" before disappearing in wait for WW2 to throw down.
>>
>>24674794
hentai

roborobo arigato
>>
>>24674794
See
>>24674467
>>24674655
Mooooootblox
>>
>>24674820
Nigga I have 100+ years until any europoors come close to my region. I'll be able to figure shit out with the natives.
They'll for a start notice I can't age.
>>
>>24674798
robots waste their already limited lives, days pass by like hours, weeks pass by like days, years pass by like months, etc.

As an immortal robot, your perception and worth of time would be even more fucked up. By the time you muster the courage to go talk to a qt girl, she'd be like 65 years old or dead and buried with like another 5 generations in front of her
>>
>>24674760
fuck off normie, it would be awesome.
>>
>>24674917
with immortality comes recklessness. A robot would get real fucking proud of himself and finally get his autism on track.
>>
>>24674939
>not being able to die and let it all end & enter the blissful permanent sleep

you're the normie senpai, normies are all about "making it last"
>>
>>24674917
you could at least try to mustard up the courage to ask the qt out that you like now in like 500 years
>>
>>24674903
>>24673673

>They'll for a start notice I can't age.

I don't know if immortality and permanent youth are the same thing.
>>
>>24674939
>>24675006
and you have a gold coin
>>
>>24675006
butterfly effect though, there's almost no way whatsoever that she exists now.
>>
>>24675031
It pretty much has to be. At 500 without permanent youth you'd be a lich.
>>
>>24674058
>indiana
>find some Indians
>buy half the country with gold coin
>live with them until Europeans show up
>sell them half of country for real money
>be rich and laugh at all the Indians dying from smallpox
>>
>>24674054
>>>/9gag/

fucking filter
>>
>>24674054
>there's even the imgur link in the file name
fuck off
>>
>>24675083
>tfw you won't die from smallpox if you get it
Best feeling, amirite?
>>
>>24675127
I probably have the vaccine anyway

Haha losers
>>
>>24674794
A steam machine you fucking idiot, it's a very simple concept that will blow their fucking minds and I'll be a fucking invention god to them.
>>
File: 36209.jpg (39 KB, 746x560) Image search: [Google]
36209.jpg
39 KB, 746x560
>sent back to Flanders
>travel as fast as possible to Spain since I speak Spanish
>work with the conquistadores for years slowly ranking up to earn more and more money
>about a hundred years later return to Flanders with my pockets full of silver
>buy my way up in power
>teach the flemish how to grow crops with maximum efficiency
>learn them how to use steam
>invest heavily in train infrastructure
>invest heavily in industry
>Flanders now has an enormous population and economy boom
>start investing in military, make rifles and pistols
>make a coup and become the god king of Flanders
>Flanders is insanely OP
>make an alliance with one of the big European countries and make war with the all the other countries
>start colonizing oil and miniral rich land
>mfw Flanders becomes a superpower around 1800
>mfw I can play long term strategy since I'm immortal
>mfw through playing around with alliances, covert ops, superior military and economy I fuck up any country that becomes a threat
>>
>>24674054
fucking nigger this isn't reddit
>>
Invent something before it gets invented by who invented it in our timeline, take credit, get cash.
>>
>>24674058
i'd be floating in space then
faggot
>>
>>24675136
The Greeks invented the steam engine 2000 years ago.
http://kotaku.com/5742457/the-ancient-greek-hero-who-invented-the-steam-engine-cybernetics-and-vending-machines?utm_expid=66866090-68.hhyw_lmCRuCTCg0I2RHHtw.0&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com

They made toys out of them.

Doesn't mean shit unless you can make it do something worthwhile. Labor saving devices in an era where labor is ultra cheap aren't worth all that much, anon.
>>
File: 1432767453164.png (39 KB, 600x292) Image search: [Google]
1432767453164.png
39 KB, 600x292
Since I'm not smart enough to make any difference, I'll just live until 1990 or something, then invest in Google when it was dirt cheap in its infancy or Apple or Microsoft or create facebook or minecraft I don't know
>>
>>24674148
But you are immortal, not invincible. There is a difference you know
>>
>>24675058
Your body would have to stop aging at some point, but it could happen any time. You could just stop aging at 70, far from "youth".
>>
>>24675083
>find some Indians
>buy half the country with gold coin

>what are semi-nomadic tribes with no concept of currency
>>
>>24675193
Which is why you wait until there is a year where there is a plague.
>>
>>24675193
Trains are a huge increase in productivity and not that hard to invent. I mean, if you manage to get a lot of money you could hire a team of engineers or sawwy people, explain them the concept and have them work at it.
You'd have trains hundreds of years before anyone else and become filthy rich.
>>
>>24675127
No, you could. People aren't vaccinated anymore because it's been mostly eradicated.
>>
>>24675058
I think permanent youth is pretty much a guaranteed semi-immortality, and a better choice if it was either or, since your cells and organs don't deteriorate and you won't die from old-age diseases. You can still die from a bullet to the head or falling off a cliff or something.

On the other hand, you're immortal and can't die from diseases or getting your face blown off (I assume everything grows back and you have instant healing powers or you just can't be harmed like Superman) but you still age and get slight degenerative disorders that aren't life-threatening. Like you said, people who grow up to be 100 years old look like shit, can't imagine what 500 yeas old would look like.
>>
>>24675193
Obv I would make something worthwhile out of it. It's not hard to create something useful when you have the general idea behind it. It wouldn't be hard to make a locomotive prototype for example.

Especially since I live in South America ATM, so I would have to impress the Aztecs which I'm sure didn't had a clue about steam engines.
>>
>>24673740
>>24674254
>>24674588
>>24674606
>>24674697
how have all these people completely missed the immortality part?
>>
>>24675165
we'll be waiting space robot
>>
File: 1430591408845.jpg (164 KB, 500x356) Image search: [Google]
1430591408845.jpg
164 KB, 500x356
Just for fun, see how quickly I can force the world to advance toward space communism.

I'd start by installing an industrial revolution by force by spreading steam technology and assembly-line production.
>>
>>24675266
exactly, it only worked with Europeans because they were trading things like firearms and diseased blankets with them.
>>
>>24675308
The question is, does where you go have the infrastructure to produce trains.
Here, for example
>>24675340
Did the Aztecs have sufficient infrastructure to mass produce the metal required for train tracks, in consistency required.
>>
>>24675348
There are many different kinds of immortality.

There's "complete invincibility" immortality where you will survive the planet exploding and can float around in space for a billion years.
There's "voluntary immortality" where you can opt out at any time.
There's immortality where you can still be killed under special conditions (stake through the heart, beheading)
There's also immortality where you're completely vulnerable and human and have no superpowers just you don't age. You can still get your hand chopped off while cooking or an infection will kill you.
>>
>>24675348
Oops. Two of those were me, fuck.
>>
>>24675354
That's a good question, how do you jumpstart an industrial revolution by 275 years? If the labor market is intensive, and automizing the work force may be more expensive then paying people, like it is right now.
It's cheaper to pay people minimum wage then installing machines that automatically do the job.
>>
>>24675348
not them, but again immortality dosn't necessarily mean being indestructible or impervious to pain or anything.

Imagine wandering around with an arrow sticking through your neck, or being too weak from hunger to keep looking for food and water, but not being able to die?

You just eventually pass out/go to sleep, wake up and go "oh shit that's right I can't move but I'm fully conscious" and then a bear eats part of your leg which I guess grows back, and you repeat that everyday?

It'd be like being in a weird coma.
>>
>>24675340
1) You realize that pre-Columbus this was a stone age culture. Where do you get the burning material. There's no gas, oil or coal. You can find it but good luck getting a mining team together or finding a site. Planning on deforesting the entire Amazon and powering your devices on green wood?

Also (semi important) There's no metal to build rails.
>>
>>24675376
I was thinking of doing it this way >>24675138
First acquire money, then work yourself up in the hierarchy. I'm sure that Europeans knew how to make steel around the 1600's
>>
>>24675448
It's like that fucker in Greek mythology who had to have his liver chewed out by an eagle every day for eternity.
>>
>>24675376
Aztecs had a lot of gold and I presume other metals, I wouldn't need a lot to impress them and tell them I'm a god. "I made running gold animal, I create life I god"
>>
>>24675487
I don't know why everyone is underestimating these cultures. This is people in 1490, not cavemen.
>>
>>24674058
>Unite the natives in preparation for the coming of yurup
>slaughter columbus
>rule the americas with the power of a god
>>
>>24674653
Duel everybody you don't like, then reappear somewhere far away.
>>
I would hoard and steal shit and then fuck off until like the 19th century, then join the academic world as some great thinker and live chill like that. Disappear after 10 or so years and pretend I died on some sabbatical and then go to another place and do pretty much the same thing. Just keep gaining knowledge and literature and artifacts from shit would be cool.

Also if I had to gain some notoriety in the 1400s, I'd probably just read and write. If I remember right people flipped their shit when a priest could read without saying the words aloud, and I know enough Latin, German and Spanish to get by so I don't think I'd be too screwed.
>>
File: compte.gif (19 KB, 148x246) Image search: [Google]
compte.gif
19 KB, 148x246
http://www.alchemylab.com/count_saint_germain.htm

Become Comte Saint Germain
>>
>>24674125

Any anime like this?
>>
>>24674794
year 0
>Travel to italy from england, that's where most progressive scientific thinking was at the time. >Work as a scribe and calculator while learning italian for a year or 2.
>Meanwhile, construct a simple battery and a small electric motor, which is pretty simple even using technology available at the time, just has to be a demo
>get an audience with the medici or some other powerful big money family
>blow them the fuck away with my motor
>tell them I can make them the most powerful people on earth
>tell them how to get to india (spices)
>get money to fund the construction of the steam engine
>invent coal mining
(~yr 10)
>now we have a useful source of power
>automatic loom is not that complex to build, would yield insane returns since the only way of making fabric before that was by hand
>invent bessemer process for making high quality steel
>Penicillin was initially cultured from bread mold, not an expert in this field but I would probably be able to isolate it
>this gives me tremendous influence since I basically have a miracle cure for almost any disease.
>create gun cotton, way better than black powder. Invent Rifling as well as the first repeating carbines.
>with my tremendous wealth I'm starting to have serious enemies, most likely the church create a personal army armed with henry type repeating rifles while everyone else has swords.
>most powerful person in europe.
>Write books about Calculus, newtonian physics, electromagnetism, genetics etc. and start public education.
(~50 yrs in)
>pour huge amounts of money into scientific progress, getting my students to invent things like the microscope, telescope, advanced breeding of plants and animals, steamboats, trains, etc.
>100 years after I arrive, europe is in the middle of the industrial revolution.
>keeping guiding progress up until today
>>
>invest gold coin
>hibernate
>when I come out of hibernation in the 3000s I'll have a billion gold coins
>>
>get on a boat.
>travel out to sea.
>tie myself to rocks
>jump
>underwater for hundreds of years.
>>
>>24674058
hawaii in 1490? I would be worshiped as the god lono and get mad hawaiian pussy. This will happen till capitain cook comes by to pick my ol ass up, end up back in england, end up still being worshiped under a new religon made by my devouted followers.
>>
>>24675487
You don't have the knowledge to even begin to dig for metals to extract from rocks and then melt into steel beams, etc.

and you can't look it up on google either.

If anything those people would be more advanced than you are, in their environment. They know which plants wouldn't give you bloody diarrhea and you know how to speedrun Mario levels and how to build a gaming computer which aren't things that exist yet.
>>
>>24675702
mushishi
>>
>>24675708
>tell them how to get to india

You don't know how to do that and you wouldn't know how to do that because no one back then knew how either. One of many holes in your plan.
>>
>>24675708
You forgot the part where the Catholic church cripples all your efforts with book-banning and excommunication.
>>
>spic
>can't speak native
Become a local god I guess
>>
I'd try to invent as much modern technology as I could as fast as I could. Fuck consequences, we need to go faster. Imagine what Newton and Leibnitz could have accomplished if the basics of calculus were already figured out by the time they were born?
>>
>>24673673
>all of these I WOULD INVENT AND MANUFACTURE COMPUTERS BY THE YEAR 1500 posts

jesus man, you're only given immortality, not a genie in a lamp with unlimited wishes or any other superpowers
>>
>>24675798
One thing we do know that they don't is the general layout of the world. Remember that people still thought you could sail directly to India and southeast Asia going West from Europe.

I could probably draw a very rough world map from memory alone. The issue is whether anyone would believe you, you'd probably just be called occult and imprisoned and tortured.
>>
>>24674970
Don't want to trigger anyone and end up with a life sentence, anon!
>>
I have waited 525 years for this day, because tomorrow the original me gets sent back in time. Fuck you OP you faggot, you cursed me.

Protip: behind the jews was me, but I mostly leave things to the jews.
>>
>>24675861
Don't be a reddit-tier faggot, the Catholic Church is not an enemy of science.
>>
>>24673673

I'd hope to get to Europe somehow because that's where all the shit is going to happen in a few centuries

Or just wait until Cortez and them raid the Americas with them and go back to Spain
>>
Well.. If I'm transported back to australia where i live now i'd have to live amongst the nig nogs for 500 years.. I suppose they'd worship me, they did supposedly think the original white visitors were spirits, and I can't age.

So 500 years of some very average aboriginal pussy (I'd probably fuck my daughters because half castes are much more attractive and aboriginals never really gave a shit about that). Or I could head north and see if I can't hop islands and head into asia and eventually make my way to europe. Honestly it depends how receptive the aboriginals are to me just fucking them all the time because even though they're ugly I wouldn't mind being able to chill out in a prehistoric village fucking for 500 years before I get started with civilisation again.
>>
>>24675916
Do it right now anon. I'll judge your MS Paint masterpiece.

Bonus points for highlighting areas that need canals built.
>>
>>24675916
also how many men would you need on your ship, what kind of ship would you use, what the weather would be like at that time of year, how many supplies to stock with you, how long this trip would last, etc.

but yeah when asked how you could possibly know all of this you'd be like "uhm... a magic pepe granted me a w-" and then the whole prison & torture thing.

which would suck extra hard since you couldn't die from the torture or prison time either.
>>
>>24675916
My maps would be shit because Mercator deformation
I wonder if "circle Africa" would work
>>
>>24675935
every 500 years is a test of how much knowledge you can store in your head. You can bring nothing back with you but your knowledge.. rough. It would be an endless cycle of experiments to see if you could dominate the entire world.
>>
>>24675603
But the king of the aztecs literally did suspect cortez as being a god
>>
>>24674058
florida. I'd be the first white man in america. maybe get laid. probably get stabbed then feared for immortality. wouldnt speak their language or portugese, so wouldnt be able to stop genocide. well, i guess with immortality i could walk towards anyone until i managed to snap their neck. OH I'D GET TO BE A PIRATE AND FUCK THAT ONE REVERSE TRAP MARY READ.
>>
>>24676069
You'd still be okay in a general sense.

The real problem isn't that people didn't know you could sail around Africa. The problem was constructing large ships of the proper design (thanks portugal) for long journeys out of sight of land, the lack of places to stop in and resupply along the coast (thanks colonialism), and the lack of knowledge of navigation. You need a way to figure out latitude and longitude without anything but the sun, stars, and a magnetic compass. (It gets easier once you have accurate clocks.)
>>
>>24676144
Yes. He had ships, horses (which they had never seen before), shining glittery armor (they couldn't work metal) and an army.

What do you have exactly.
>>
>>24676144
That's not actually true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quetzalcoatl#Belief_in_Cort.C3.A9s_as_Quetzalcoatl
>>
>start walking south
>find a boat when I get to Florida
>hope I make it to San Salvador, Cuba or Hispanola in time for Columbus' landing
>hitch a ride back (rudimentary spanish abilities probably useful)
>journey to italy from spain, try to hook up with renaissance thinkers
>get in with medicis
>use future knowledge to help them get more and more power, whilst taking some for myself
>charter voyages around the world for resources, get more money
>invest heavily in asia as the years go by
>eventually go to china a few hundred years later at the time of the qing
>become advisor to emperor, consolidate power across the world
>spend the next few hundred years investing in key developments (americas, industry, etc)
>re-emerge late 19th century
>bring money and such to japan
>turn Japan into powerhouse
>get waifu
>prevent them from getting into a war with the US
>create anime
>>
>>24673673
Assuming this is in Europe, be murdered or executed
>>
>>24676199
>FUCK THAT ONE REVERSE TRAP MARY READ
nice
>>
>>24675946
Yeah, not anymore, since Catholic countries have pretty much been neutered politically.

There's a reason nearly all the scientific and social innovation in the past 400 years took place in Protestant countries.
>>
>>24673673
start spouting memes to the townsfolk
>>
In this scenario is a body destructible and do you feel pain?
>>
>>24676316
>you are given immortality

let me post robot
>>
>>24676350
>There's a reason nearly all the scientific and social innovation in the past 400 years took place in Protestant countries.

That has more to do with England's coal and iron deposits and early adoption of the industrial revolution than anything else EXCEPT perhaps the Spanish Empire's failure to exploit the resources of her colonies properly.

It's not about religion.
>>
>>24676308
>>find a boat when I get to Florida

not that many boats just laying on the Floridian coast in 1490, but I do support your anime plan.
>>
>>24676464
well, I really meant steal one from the natives. cubans can get to Florida in rusted cars I'm sure I could get a raft or something set up if desperate.
>>
File: muhmasterpiece.png (15 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
muhmasterpiece.png
15 KB, 1024x768
>>24675995
behold

didn't have room for asia
>>
>>24676429
OP abandoned his own thread before the important questions could be answered.

Unless the immortality comes along with Superman/Dragon Ball/Wolverine levels of regeneration or indestructibility, it's going to be mostly bad news.
>>
>>24676452
Do you think that the Catholic Church's banning of books and arresting scholars like Galileo (when even the Church knew he was right) didn't have any negative effect on scientific progress?
>>
>>24674024
>Prevent WW1.
How?
>>
>>24676350
Protestant work ethic really only refers to Calvinism not general Lutheran or Anglican protestantism
>>
NOW HOL UP
Would that mean that when 1993 rolls around I'll be born again? and then, like, would there be two of me?
>>
File: hmmm.jpg (10 KB, 90x89) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.jpg
10 KB, 90x89
>>24676571
>Great Lakes don't exist, or apparently exist somewhere around the Arctic circle
>New York is outside of the continental US
>there's something going on in Nordic Europe where a sock-puppet is about to suck on a slightly-deformed penis
>you could swim from Africa to South America

all in all 8/10
>>
>>24676571
Eh I give you a C-. Barely enough to kickstart the age of exploration, but you should have really included the indian ocean, showing where the Suez Canal would go (the bonus point was for showing where the panama canal would go eventually)
>>
>>24676679
only if you immediately run off into the ocean, find an islated island, and do nothing for the next 1493 years because otherwise the butterfly effect would prevent your parents frm ever meeting or even existing
>>
>>24676623
Galileo was arrested for being a rude little shit, not because he threatened anyone's understanding of the solar system. Galileo GUESSED right and had NO evidence for his GUESSES.

What banned book in particular are you thinking of? I can't recall a book of science the church banned.
>>
>>24676679
Depends. If this is linear then you'll NEED to be born again so that you can go back in time to begin with, so butterfly effect is a bitch.

If this is multiple timeline then you should be just fine and you most likely will not be born again
>>
>>24673673
You have to define immortality though OP. Does it just mean I won't die of age/starvation? Can I still have my head and limbs chopped off?

If I am literally "invurnerable", then I guess I become some sort of a hero? Pick up a sword and go fight evil dudes. Since I can't die, I guess it doesn't matter how weak and crappy I am (though they could just tie me up I guess).

Meh, dunno, I would have to do something with my life I guess.
>>
>>24676669
Anglican and Lutheran countries also have a good work ethic, and score low on indices of corruption, high on indices of human rights and freedom of speech, etc.

It's more about ethnicity and geography than anything. Protestant countries were further north (harder to invade), and made up of more homogeneous Germanic tribes that were able to work together.

Countries like Spain and Italy were made up of a clusterfuck of pirate tribes that had been invaded by the Romans. The Mediterranean was more violent historically, so people were more willing to put their trust in an authoritarian institution like the Catholic Church. The average IQ is also lower among southern Europeans.
>>
>>24674058
Arizona.

I'd educate some natives, found some kind of town with a university that will end up becoming god tier due to its age, then wait for Columbus and act like I was from Europe and got stranded here so I taught natives and made a settlement.
>>
>>24676447
Okay. You are buried 20 feet underground, in a coffin, with a 1 ton stone slab on top.
What do you do?
>>
File: 3248967023.png (105 KB, 248x440) Image search: [Google]
3248967023.png
105 KB, 248x440
>>24676728
>>24676738
I'm shit with drawing in Paint, I could do much better with pen and paper, but didn't want to bother with taking a photo, sending it to my PC, uploading, etc.

The sockpuppet was supposed to be Norway/Sweden and Denmark. I scribbled New York on after and didn't feel like erasing.
>>
>>24676959
>I'd educate some natives, found some kind of town with a university

what do you have to teach?

You can't bring wikipedia with you
>>
>>24677028
huh

well it actually does look like Norway/Sweden is about to show Denmark a good time, I stand corrected.
>>
>>24676773
So the Church didn't feel threatened by the geocentric theory that they espoused being proven wrong? They knew that if they were proven wrong on one count it would open up the floodgates.

The Church massively restricted the spread of books and knowledge, and limited the use of vernacular languages. There was also an overlap between mathematics and the "occult", many mathematical ideas were seen as dangerous and suppressed.
>>
>>24674760
I'd take it in a heartbeat and the ability to travel back into time and fix the world in return for a curse.
>>
>>24674058
fuck you i live in australia.
tfw have to wait 100+ years for people to come and save me from the boongs
>>
>>24676447
So if I get my head chopped off in a guillotine I'd still be alive?
>>
I find a sword and personally take over the throne of england. Might take a few decades, but I can't die.
>>
>>24675474
Prometheus

It was his punishment for stealing fire (knowledge) from the Gods and giving it to man.
>>
>>24675448
So your legs grow back but your body isn't instantly supplied with ATP?
Your cells don't automatically regenerate to replace dead ones from malnutrition?
>>
>>24677113
Holy crap man there's so much wrong with your post I can't even begin. Please do read a history book sometime, ideally one you didn't get from a communist university professor.

Start here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_affair
>>
>>24677212
I don't know man, nanomachines or something.
>>
Become a stereotypical vampire.

Even though nothing in the OP states I'd need blood, it's my fetish so I might as well.
>>
If anyone would find out you were immortal, they would bury you alive.

Enjoy being underground for eternity, or in the least till someone luckily finds you with advanced technology.
>>
>>24677113
Galileo didn't prove shit.

http://muse.tau.ac.il/museum/galileo/did_galileo.html
>>
File: 1442541180014.jpg (355 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1442541180014.jpg
355 KB, 1000x750
>>24677457
No, no one in science "proves" anything. He had visual observations using his self-made telescopes of saturn's moons. These observations were evidence of copernician heliocentrism.

The only reason there was an issue was because the pope was a little bitch about it because he subscribed to a different theory
>>
Fuck hookers...
>>
>>24677517
They were weak evidence and it doesn't help your case when you call the judge who happens to be the POPE a retard right before your case.

Galileo was a rude little shit who thought he didn't have to definitively prove anything. Or even try to do so.
>>
>>24673673
>wait until the French arrive
>use my modern world knowledge to help France conquer the world
>>
>>24677287
I'm reading it, and so far it says exactly what I said, that he was arrested for his heliocentric views. Even if he was rude, no one should be arrested and killed just for disagreeing with the church.

If the Catholic Church didn't limit social and scientific progress, then explain to me why Catholic countries (with the exception of France) were never able to independently industrialize or become democracies.
>>
>>24677593
It was outstanding scientific rigor in the pre-enlightenment times he lived in. His observations and sketches succinctly laid out the flaws in the modified geocentric theories at the time.

He was a little shit, but the fucking moral authority of the land should have been a bigger man about it. The church didn't even un-ban Galileo's book until 1835
>>
Guys you should check out "The man from Earth".
It's about a man with eternal youth, not true immortality, who has lived for thousands of years.
It's well written and interesting since they work out the hypothesis pretty good.
>>
>>24677457
That's not the point, you autist. In an ideal scientific environment someone shouldn't be able to be arrested and executed simply because they come up with evidence for a new idea.
>>
>>24677713
>killed

I'm not even the anon you're replying to, but Galileo was spared from death and was sentenced to house arrest.

>>24677760
Awesome movie desu senpai
>>
>>24677593
You're shifting the goalposts. The point is that the Catholic Church suppressed scientific progress if they thought it would endanger their power.

Plenty of Popes were rude little shits too.
>>
>>24673673
be Othello
>>
>>24677785
>I'm not even the anon you're replying to, but Galileo was spared from death and was sentenced to house arrest.

Yeah, because he recanted. The threat of being killed was very much there.
>>
>>24673673
im not sure exactly but it would end up with white people being the only race on the planet
>>
>autistic
>cant express myself
>freak out when I realize I can't vent online
>man child
>don't know how to take care of myself
to top it off im in australia, i guess i could get high
>>
>>24673673
Sleep till the first 56k modem came out.
>>
>>24675266
Aren't Indians stupid though and they would do it cause it's pretty

Didn't the pilgrims fucking give them beads or some shit
>>
What would actually happen:

>appear in some random town or village in Europe
>try to communicate with the locals
>no one understands your modern English
>people assume you're either crazy, demon possesed or a foreign spy and gang up on you, stealing your gold and all your belongings
>after a few days you get hungry enough to steal food
>you immediately get severe food poisoning that would normally kill you because your immune system can't take the massive amount of pathogens due to the lack of modern sanitation
>get thrown to prison for being a thieving vagabond
>spend the next couple of years in a perpetual state of vomiting and diarrhea as your body can't handle the food they give you
>eventually they just decide to execute you to get rid of you
>get your head chopped off, survive due to immortality
>people think you must surely be a witch or a demon for surviving decapitation
>to get rid of the evil they decide to burn your remains
>you are now a sentient skull with a magically intact brain
>despite being still alive you appear dead, as you have no body nor any facial muscles to move
>you are blind and deaf and have no feeling anywhere
>your remains are thrown into a bog and forgotten
>you may eventually be discovered and taken to a museum where you will be held on display, or end up in a box in a warehouse somewhere
>you never notice this because you have no eyes and no ears, the past 500 years have just been a silent darkness for you
>a million years go by and the earth is absorbed by the expanding sun
>you are now a sentient brain, kept alive and protected by magic, floating in space for all eternity
>>
>>24679260
Here is what English in 1470 sounded like.
http://www.bartleby.com/39/4.html

How could they not understand you?
>>
>>24676792

I don't understand the linear timeline vs multiple timeline thing. When you go into a multiple/alternative timeline, where exactly is that, and what happens to the previous?

If you change something in the new timeline, does it only change it in the new timeline, or in other timelines?
>>
>>24677127
well dont you know what happened with the mutiny on the bounty?
just learn2build a raft, and navigate using the north star till you hit asia. then find your way to the Silk Road and hitch a ride back to Europe on a caravan. that or just go to Japan and enjoy kawaii gf, proceed to go to America when the time is right.
>>
>>24679348
Written English is quite different from the spoken language. I speak fluent English, but there are areas in England and Scotland today where the accents are so thick I probably couldn't make out a word they're saying.

Even if you were able to communicate with the locals, you would be immediately distrusted because your accent would be totally different from anything they know. Most likely they would assume you're a foreigner that has had to learn English as a second language. And being a foreigner in the middle of another country with nothing but a single gold coin and the clothes on your back, they would likely assume you are either a fugitive or a spy.
>>
>>24679527
>implying that you couldn't just pretend to be mute until you'd learned the language
>implying that no one traveled in the 15th century
>implying that European countries aren't so close together that there was constant cultural overlap
>implying that anywhere in Europe was anything like you describe in >>24679260
>implying that you know anything about anything
>>
File: 1448196968735.gif (81 KB, 182x249) Image search: [Google]
1448196968735.gif
81 KB, 182x249
>>24680117
>implying people would be willing to house and feed a mute stranger
>implying any travelers with good intentions would go to an unfamiliar place with little money, no entourage and no connections to anyone living there
>implying the average peasant ever went more than a weeks travel away from his home in his life
>implying you still wouldn't go into septic shock as soon as you ate something and get arrested for shitting on a non-designated street
>implying I don't have a PhD in history of medieval Europe
>>
>>24680336
>implying I don't have a PhD in history of medieval Europe

So your massive debt and lack of employment has led you to spend your free time shitposting about things you don't understand even though you wasted years getting a degree in those very things?

Interesting.
>>
File: derp.jpg (12 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
derp.jpg
12 KB, 259x194
> swallow the gold coin
> declare myself an alchemist as i convert food to gold
> go to a fair, carnival, etc.
> make peasants pay me in coins to watch
> shit the coin out in from of thousands
> convert what the people paid me to gold
> repeat until rich
>>
>>24674645
This is how Moot made 4chan in the first place. Time travel gold coin Moot.
>>
>>24679352
In most tellings, with alternate/multiple timelines, time travel is more like dimensional travel. There are infinite timelines/dimensions, and infinite possibilities. When you time travel you don't go back in your original timeline, you travel to a similar dimension/timeline where the differences are you traveled there and and anything you change after arriving. The timeline you left behind stays the same, you're only affecting your new future. It didn't make a whole lot of sense when you think about it to much, but cuts out a lot of potential paradoxes.
>>
File: 1426979912377.jpg (20 KB, 411x405) Image search: [Google]
1426979912377.jpg
20 KB, 411x405
>>24679260
>you immediately get severe food poisoning that would normally kill you because your immune system can't take the massive amount of pathogens due to the lack of modern sanitation
>>
>freshen up on high school chemistry and physics
>???
>profit
>>
>>24673673
Become a mythic deity traveling the world solving major conflicts, then quickly dissappear afterwards and whatnot

Also I'll wear the coin as an amulet
>>
>>24674024
>make my way into aristocracy
kek
>>
>>24677046
common sense

I'll let the Europeans turn it into some Harvard tier shit.
>>
File: tumblr_msgnawfd6U1sblij2o7_500.gif (953 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_msgnawfd6U1sblij2o7_500.gif
953 KB, 500x281
>>24673790
On the bright side, you can join as soon as it's up and finally be an oldfag.
>>
>>24682456
>anons influence over the new ways leads to the downfall of 4chins oldfag culture and the war against reddit
>>
Dropped into 15th century east coast murica. I think I'd do okay. Not great but OK.

Cons
>wouldn't speak the native language
>disease
>hostile natives?
>know possible future events
>I'm black
Pros
>know how to survive in the wild in my area, and have experience
>can make decent black powder (the ingredients are easily recognizable/made and the largest quantity item would have been already in use)
>I know where a lot of coal mines are
>I know enough basics of our time that with time and practice I could beat a lot of patents
>I know possible future events
>I'm black

There will be some really bad times for me(slavery, a bunch of attempts on my life). There would be some really good times (knowing enough sports stats and what companies to invest in).
>>
File: doit .gif (493 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
doit .gif
493 KB, 300x299
>take coin
>Bet guy he can shoot/stab me and I won't die
>Win bet, get more coin
>Become rich legend.
>>
>>24682565
>east coast murica
NYC?
>>
>>24673673
Start a crusade and retake Jerusalem
>>
Settlers are coming to newfoundland in 1497, so I've got 7 years to walk there.

I'll then ride back to England with them, and work in a dank college somewhere trying to reconstruct new inventions and technology by memory with the help of the brightest minds (of the day) possible.
>>
>>24673673
I'd become the god emperor of mankind
>>
Wait 525 years, in a cave NEET
Post a thread on a Mongolian throat singing forum about it
>>
>>24673673
I'd probably fall in a well
>>
>>24673673
Form a Nazi group.
>>
>>24673673
Wait for 525 yrs so I can shitpost this same post in /r9k/
>>
>>24673673
Form a bank so I can be 1%
>>
>>24674054
Shekels for kekels
>>
>>24674283
Yeah, Japan got c.ucked by white countries in the League of Nations.
>>
rape everything and everyone

discover north america first, but rape everyone and kill everyone

burn down north america to a crisp so that kekstopher columbus would never discover the shithole known as the us

also burn down africa and india
>>
>>24673673
>and a gold coin
wtf am i supposed to do with a fuckin gold coin?
>>
>>24673740
middle english is like a dialect of english

I'm assuming I don't have to live with the natives in the US and the time traveller is kind enough to send me to England.

Move to York, study everything I can, then take up pseudonyms for any work I publish. Easy
>>
File: 2enx4r5.gif (966 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
2enx4r5.gif
966 KB, 300x225
>>24685347
I suppose charisma/bartering wouldn't be in an /r9k/ poster's skillset.
>>
>>24674024
>my prophetic level knowledge

>implying you know shit
>implying you won't be imprisoned as a heretic or demon
>implying you won't have to endure decades of torture due to your immortality
>>
>>24674058

So in space with likely no objects around for thousands of miles. Thanks.
>>
>>24685370
neither does movie gifs from tumblr. kill yourself
>>
>>24673673
Personally I'd lay low, integrate into society with the knowledge that I currently have. I'd take on job after job. Wife after wife. Falling in love with different women and earning tons of skills over the next couple hundred years. I'd record everything i saw in a diary and eventually I'd just accumulate so much wealth and richness. Eventually once space travel is possible, I'd go into space with my immortality and just start colonizing parts of space and planets.
>>
File: 119236_n.jpg (32 KB, 631x631) Image search: [Google]
119236_n.jpg
32 KB, 631x631
>>24685413
>gifs from tumblr
>movie gifs

Just how do you know so much? I got this from jewgle. You've outed yourself, guy.
>>
>>24685447
>responding with another tumblr pic again
literally end yourself
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.