[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
just letting you kids know that being a teenager before 9/11
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1447358606524.jpg (14 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1447358606524.jpg
14 KB, 409x409
just letting you kids know that being a teenager before 9/11 and widespread internet use was fucking amazing
>>
>>24672981
>anything before the internet
>good
>>
>>24673061
>being so addicted to the internet internet the idea of life without sounds like torture

go outside netkek
>>
>>24673061
widespread internet is shit
internet was awesome. Pre social media era or around the time it was just beginning to develop. Around 2005-06. Yes youtube and myspace existed but they were still niche. You had more blogs, webpages more boards that you could talk about your hobby. 4chan is one of them.

Now everything is done through facebook. normies have twitter and instagram and all that crap.

Internet between 2002-2006 was awesome.
>>
No doubt it was if you weren't socially retarded. I have no idea what I would have done were I a teenager pre internet. Probably just read a lot and fapped to my own drawings of boobs or some shit.
>>
File: 1425726427696.png (9 KB, 401x367) Image search: [Google]
1425726427696.png
9 KB, 401x367
>tfw 9/11 never changed anything for me
>>
I'm 29 and I caught the very tail edge of life before electronics cukced everyone. it was good. we use to play outside. we used to just get rocks and shit and play games with our imagination. it was fulfilling at a deep level. It was social. Now kids have Xboxes and tablets and smartphones - I would have KILLED for those when I was a kid, but it's obvious to me now that my childhood would have been much less memorable if I'd had them.

I really wish I'd been born just 10 or 15 years earlier. I have no doubt my life would be totally different. I probably wouldn't still be a virgin if I hadn't spent my life past age 14 on a computer. I'd probably have real friends today and past relationships to remember instead of just endless hours wasting time in video games that I can't even recall the details of. It's too late now. The best thing that could happen to us as a species would be for an aerial nuclear weapons detonation to EMP blast all electronics into paperweights. They're the #1 cause of social isolation imo.
>>
>>24673298
This tbqh familia. I just continued on with my day when I heard it was happening.
>>
>>24673447

every robot who was alive and cognizant at the time reacted that way. only normies acted like it was a big deal to them personally and cried and shit, but that was just the social signaling that normies do to show other normies how normal they are.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.