[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you deal with the fact that literally every problem in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: 1447985512809.jpg (112 KB, 465x750) Image search: [Google]
1447985512809.jpg
112 KB, 465x750
How do you deal with the fact that literally every problem in your life can be solved by money, and that you can do literally everything worth doing in the world with money? That this is what the entirety of human existence has come to, nothing matters anymore because money trumps everything.

It's a thought that instantly nullifies everything else in my mind, a really stupid example that happened recently was that I was listening to some song where the lyrics were about some dude's love being far away across the sea or whatever, and this was somehow a problem, and I instantly thought to myself "yeah, they could just move in wherever in the world together if they had money" and the entire thing became completely meaningless, their thoughts, my thoughts, the human condition, art, love, all your aspirations become meaningless, you become meaningless.

Discuss.
>>
But, OP... we are meaningless.
>>
>>24670813
Reality lies in the struggle, not elsewhere. Hence the beauty of seeing someone you love whom you have been far from, or succeeding in a difficult task. What is more valuable, a great song you listen to or an average song you made?
>>
Tbh at this point I'm not even sure what I would do if I had loads of money. A big house, some nice vidya, but then what? I'm struggling to think of a single thing that would truly make me happy right now senpai
>>
>>24670876
>What is more valuable, a great song you listen to or an average song you made?
The former obviously, but you can make a great song too with enough money.
>>
>>24670864
I wouldn't say so, I don't think art is meaningless, I don't think participation in society and bettering people's lives is meaningless, etc.

You know, things you need money for.

I mean nihilism is all fine and dandy but literally every "answer" to it is either meaningless in societal context in which case you might as well stop existing, or requires money.
>>
>>24670878
I know exactly what I would do, I would fix my life and finally be able to do productive and creative things. Are you literally twelve or do you just smoke pot?
>>
Money cant buy you happiness you heathen
>>
>>24671599
Don't be silly, you know that's not true.
>>
Money cannot make me intelligent, less emotional or religious.
>>
>>24670911
>>24670876
>The former obviously

This. What kind of a question is this? I want to experience good things, not average things.
>>
>>24671679
Its true. Money cant buy love or true freedom
>>
>>24671743
It is literally the only thing that can. Please explain your argument.
>>
>>24671800
Having a bunch of fools gold and expensive things wont free you from being a slave
>>
>>24671849
What would make you free from being a slave, and what do you mean by being a slave in modern context? Because all I can see that gives you freedom is money, nothing else. Please be specific.
>>
>>24672007
Mainly to corporations and even other people. I doubt you could realistically get a ton of money without owing a few favors.
Plus like >>24671710 said.
Some people run all around in bmw's and air jordans and think theyre free when theyre really enslaved mentally.
>>
>>24670813
You would want something else, its the way humans are
>>
>>24672114
>>Mainly to corporations and even other people.
Well, money is exactly how you can pay those debts off so you're free to live your own life.

And what's better, being mentally enslaved or being enslaved for real? Which person can pay to be mentally freed?
>>
>>24672189
The person who can think for themselves and find ways to minimize their involvement as much as possible.
>mentally or physically?
Both choices are shit because either way you're a slave.
>>
>>24672294
Except one only has the option of suicide, the other has the option to continue living a productive and happy life. So totally the same.
>>
>>24670864
>2deep4u XDDDDDD
Fuck off
>>
It takes money plus self control, otherwise you'll just be consumed by your fortune.
>>
>>24671743
>love
Are you an underagefag
>true freedom
That's what money is for
>>
File: 847.jpg (150 KB, 866x640) Image search: [Google]
847.jpg
150 KB, 866x640
I deal with it by spending $1000/year on lottery tickets. probably more, I don't keep track.
>>
>>24672357
Happiness and productivity are subjective values. If your lifes goal is to work for whatever company, then by all means go for it. As long as you know why youre doing it and what your goal is then youre not being manipulated into being something you dont want to be.
The point is money cannot buy that
>>
>>24672418
>doesn't understand that the only meaning to life is the experience of it.
>That's literally it, you're alive until you're dead.

Fuck off
>>
>>24672506
Good goy! Keep chasing the carrot.
>>
>>24672477
He who is not satisfied with what he has, will not be satisfied by what he wishes to have.
>>
>>24672418
>2deep4u XDDDDDD
>Fuck off

>>>reddit
>>
>>24672506
I do the "Win $1000 a week for life" scratch from time to time. Man that would be sweet, 52k~ a year doing literally nothing.

Honestly I would have so much extra money to spend I'd probably invite a robot or two to live with me if they wanted to.
>>
>>24670813
A lot of the things people want can be. Some require wit to bridge though, knowing how to use that money to build yourself up as someone women love, to attract high value women who aren't gold diggers. Knowing how not to fall into compulsively owning things, knowing that charity feels better than additional indulgence at a certain point. Good mental health can't really be bought though, it has to be worked for, though rich people have better resources it's not perfect. I got a scholarship to, and attended an 1100 dollar a day reputable rehab, and a lot of the stuff they pushed was misguiding and my dark times were far from over.
>>
>>24672506
why would u do t hat...

just save that cash and go to the philippenes or something

or save that cash and go to cambodia or burma and buy heroin. u'd feel like u won the loterry everyday until u run out of cash, and its 100%, unlike the lottery, which has greater chance of u getting struck by lightning on your way to buy the ticket
>>
File: ooommm.jpg (220 KB, 1323x864) Image search: [Google]
ooommm.jpg
220 KB, 1323x864
>>24670876
for me, the most valuable would be the average song I made...because I'm an amateur music producer. I keep thinking that maybe if I work hard enough in my free time, I can get noticed/etc one day and once I make a little money on my own, I'll have enough time to truly explore what I really want to do with music. I feel like right now there's a sort of blueprint you have to follow if you want to make it.

But yeah, money is my prime want in life. Not a girl. I've spent so much time imagining how great my life would be if I just had the money. Counterproductive, I know, but everyone dreams.
>>
>>24672922
>i play the lottery
>id invite a robot to live with me

How many poor life decisions can you fit in one post
>>
>>24672506
Thanks for paying your idiot tax
>>
>>24670813
The jews know this, and that's why they essentially own most western countries through control of and influence in their institutions, despite being a foreign population.

Pursue as much money as you can get with a vengeance. It is literally god in this world.
>>
>>24672958
>scholarship to rehab

literallywtftbqhfam
>>
File: Neets_5c2e06_5487333.jpg (42 KB, 780x585) Image search: [Google]
Neets_5c2e06_5487333.jpg
42 KB, 780x585
>>24673007
Not entirely sure why playing a $2 scratch game ( that I almost always win something like another $2 or $5) like once or twice a month is a poor life decision. I dont even spend 100 a year on them.

What else am I gonna do? It's not like I'd invite just anyone in, I'd have an interview phase first. Although I could always do something like pic related, that could be fun.
>>
File: money.jpg (17 KB, 483x417) Image search: [Google]
money.jpg
17 KB, 483x417
>>24670813
heres some money op, go ahead and take it
>>
>>24672958
>Good mental health can't really be bought though
Oh yeah, totally, growing up in great financial conditions and having your interests enabled and encouraged and being able to form a normal personality isn't conductive to good mental health at all.
>>
File: 1438307804835.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1438307804835.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>24671599
Money can buy you drugs, which in steady supply is better than happiness.
>>
because money is liquefied value u dumb kek

albeit it should not exist in its current state controlled by a bureaucracy
>>
>>24672992
>maybe if I work hard enough in my free time, I can get noticed
You get "noticed" by being in those (especially art/entertainment/music/etc) circles during all your formative years and then sucking a lot of cock or having your parents set you up with a career. Even then a successful career can take multiple times to restart and rebrand.
>>
>>24671599
some men want to watch the world burn.
>>
>>24673415
I just want to start a flame in your heart, anon
>>
>>24673296
Yeah I've thought about that, and that's why I'm in uni right now so I can have a useful backup haha. Because in all honesty I'm probably not going to make it.
>>
>>24672964
How is doing drugs in Southeast Asian going to help me get rich? If I buy lottery tickets at least I have some chance, and its no more a waste of money than anything else you fucks do that costs $20 a week.
>>
>>24672506
I actually won a camera when I bought a lottery ticket on my birthday.Don't lose hopes
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.