[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>shaking really hard at the psychiatrist's office >tell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1427350477472.jpg (58 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1427350477472.jpg
58 KB, 640x960
>shaking really hard at the psychiatrist's office
>tell her I find it really difficult to leave my house anymore and I'm shaking all the time when I'm not home and my anxiety makes me even more anxious because I get scared when I'm clutching my heart feeling like I'm gonna die
>she just tells me to go outside more

is there no relief? should I do breathing exercises or CBT or something? what works for you robots?
>>
please heIp me
>>
smoke ganja
>>
>>24670667
exposure therapy. learn about it. it works.
otherwise do things that will make simply going outside seem trivial, like putting yourself in (HOPEFULLY CONTROLLED) dangerous situations. I like doing bear grylls type stuff myself, eg survival in the woods.
>>
>>24671136
it makes me nervous going outside my house, how am I gonna survive in the woods?
>>
Get rid of that psychiatrist because she's not doing her job: diagnosis and prescription.
>>
>>24671795
but it costs no money to see her and that's all my budget allows for.
>>
>>24671848
Then you're going to need to get her to prescribe you something. Just keep going and telling her nothing is working.
>>
>>24671864
do SSRIs work? she wants to put me on Celexa. I've tried them a few times but I was never on them long enough for them to work because she keeps taking me off them.
>>
File: 2011_DODGE_CHALLENGER_SRT8.jpg (693 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
2011_DODGE_CHALLENGER_SRT8.jpg
693 KB, 1024x683
>>24672056
>do SSRIs work?

That's a loaded question. Statistically they work. Your mileage may vary.
>>
>>24672056
I was actually on Celexa. Stopped taking it. It dulls your feelings altogether, so while your depression may be dampened, so will your ability to be happy.
>>
>>24670667
Well I don't suffer from anxiety and won't pretend to understand but I do suffer from a rational level of vertigo and used to work on a tallship and up 100ft violently swaying mast takes some getting used to but since you mention breathing exercises this did work for me. I stumbled upon Tactical Breathing a very simple meditative breathing used to control stress allegedly by special forces soldiers. It's very simple and although it takes a little while to master it REALLY REALLY helps.

I used to sit at the top of the mast listening to a chill album (Kaleida at that time) and breathing for a 4 count and it really helped me out.

Worth looking into.
>>
>>24670667
You're a subhuman weakling, just stay in your house.
>>
>>24670667
I experienced this, I forced myself to go outside more and now I don't experience it again ever>>24670667
>>
>>24670667
Go to your local park early in the morning. You'll pass by people walking dogs, but it shouldn't be too crowded.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.