[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just wish I had a passion. Then I could study and become proficient
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: sf5482653.jpg (7 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
sf5482653.jpg
7 KB, 251x242
I just wish I had a passion. Then I could study and become proficient and make money out of it.
>>
>>24670527
Learn how to program, OP. Get skilled with computers. You're already on one all day.
>>
I just wish I had a gf. Then I could have passion.
>>
>>24670527
>make money out of your passion
that's just a meme successful normies tell you
but yeah, being completely joyless and unmotivated for everything is the worst, i can relate
>>
Those people don't realize how lucky they are, like people here always say exercise is the easiest and ANYONE can do it.

Can't make money off it really though.

If only I wasn't so autistic as to be unable to use a pencil well I could make art, I have good ideas but my handwriting looks like a chicken walked on paper
>>
You're wrong, OP. I have a passion. Studied it intensely for more than 10 years now. Extremely proficient; made a living out of it for a brief time, even, which very few people do in this particular passion.

What they don't tell you is that, if you're following your dreams,10 million other people are following that same dream too, and they're your competition. And because you're all so passionate, people can take advantage of you - there's always someone ready to undercut you to take your job because they're so passionate about doing it, so your entire field collapses because everyone is competing to work for less so they can feel like they're working their dream job.

The stress of trying to support yourself eventually completely eclipses the joy you got from following your dream. You realize that you would have been much happier just making your passion a hobby and getting a boring career that nobody was passionate about like a normal person, but it's too late now, because you're too old and too broke to go back to school, and you sacrificed your social life in your 20s to follow your dream and you can never get those years back and really suicide is the only viable option available.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.