[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I do stuff alone?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 1394211313334.jpg (96 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1394211313334.jpg
96 KB, 768x1024
It seems everywhere I go, it's populated by either couples or huge groups of normies and I can't help but feel like they're judging me. At class, everyone else sits with their friends but there's always a space around me where no one else ever sits. I've never had the courage to go to the cinema on my own, but the no singles policy pretty much sums it up. Even if it's something as simple as going for a walk, I get uncomfortable passing people, especially when they're in groups

Pic unrelated
>>
>>24669915
I'm the same, exactly with going for walks
>>
>>24669915
I don't actually do things, I go on walks in the outskirts of the city or in the woods, or I just sit on the roof of my apartment building.. I would really want to have the motivation or initiative to actually do things for and by myself...
>>
>>24669915
This might hurt more, but they're not really concerned with you. Although, chances are there are a few people in those groups that see you and think, "He seems lonely." Just know no one with an actual sense of compassion is actively judging you unless you're beating off under the table or doing something equally autistic.
>>
No one really cares. I did things alone for years. If they judged, I never really noticed.

I went to the movies and walks.

You probably have a few other issues.
>>
>>24670093
>beating off under the table or doing something equally autistic
kek'd
>>
>>24669990
Iktfb, I normally go on nightwalk because it's quiet and having chill music outside at night is max comfy. The only downside is that I live in a semi ghetto area and might get stabbed or something
>>24670036
Iktfb, it's not even that I'n not interested but I'm preoccupied with what normies think of me. Even when I'm going on walks I need my headphones in otherwise I focus on other people way too much (even with headphones I have to constantly pull one out to check normies can't hear my weeb tunes playing)
>>24670093
But whenever I go out, I normally notice these kinds of people. Is it wrong to assume other people would as well?
>>24670102
What issues do you mean desu senpai? I've never displayed any outward signs of mental problems if that's what you mean (maybe some slight /r9k/ autism but desu if you're on here that's to be expected)
>>
i totally get you. A lot of people tell me to be confident even if you're alone. I find that hard to do because when I try to do it and be all confident. I imagine other people thinking
>Oh look at him trying to be so confident, so he can hide being lonely
It's just hard to shake that off. What makes it worse is I get intimidated from people in groups. Which I think is normal to some degree. Anyone can help me here? How to be more confident even if they're a group and I'am alone.
>>
>>24670093
This one hurts because it shows everyone knows when someone is lonely.
>>24670200
>Is it wrong to assume other people would as well?
If you can see them they can surely see you too.
>>
>>24670253
Remember that time you were walking down the street and you saw some guy walking on his own?

Do you remember him?
Did you even think about him then?

People are too busy to be thinking of themselves to judge you.
>>
>>24669915
ahahaha, so you're one of those weirdos that is always by himself and never interacts with anyone else? My gf and I were at a restaurant just a week ago making fun of this awkward fatass sitting by himself eating dinner, who the fuck goes to a sit in restaurant for dinner by themselves? I mean it's the holidays how much of a loser must you be?
>>
>>24670253
>Oh look at him trying to be so confident, so he can hide being lonely

Except nobody thinks like this. Look, most people never do things alone. Why? They are honestly afraid. You're already exhibiting a higher degree of confidence by just going out there and doing it alone in the first place. You've already climbed the initial foundation for confidence. Now, you just have to stop psyching yourself out about it.

Here's how a dialogue goes whenever I meet someone while I'm alone at a bar, movies, restaurant:
>"Did you come here by yourself?"
>"Yeah."
>"Oh, man. I couldn't do that."
>"Why's that?"
>"I dunno. I would feel awkward."
>"There's never anything to feel awkward about. Like, for instance, I'm talking with you now. You meet a lot of pretty cool people when you're alone."
>"Wow, I guess you're right."
>conversation continues on in random directions

Stop being hyper-critical of yourself, anon. You're pretty much half-way to full confidence.
>>
File: 1437982858156.jpg (95 KB, 788x810) Image search: [Google]
1437982858156.jpg
95 KB, 788x810
>you will never tear that mesh dress away from those titties and suck on them all night
>>
>>24670373
I always think about people when I'm walking outside, desu it's kind of a hobby of mine to craft long, intricate back stories about their personal lives
>>24670486
You wouldn't be able make fun of me because you wouldn't see me outside in the first place, let alone in a restaurant on my own
>>24670502
>when you meet someone at a bar
Senpai...
>>
File: 104362.jpg (20 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
104362.jpg
20 KB, 258x245
>>24670506
>that image

holy fucking kek i love you you are my favorite anon
>>
>>24669915
quem e esse demonio semen
>>
>>24670702
I have no idea desu senpai, just some qt that I saw on here and saved
>>
>>24670506

>sucking titties

nice mommy issues
>>
BUMPMAN BUMPMAN BUMPMAN
DEM BOTS UP TO SUMTHIN
>>
I go to bars and drink alone all the time. I find it really easy to do now.

Going to movies too and just about everything.

I'm really nervous about going on vacation alone, though.
>>
>>24671258
Do you talk to anyone else up at the bar?
Why does vacationing alone make you nervous, I figured it'd be easier in a place you have no ties to.
>>
>>24671307
I talk to the bartenders. They all know me now. I'll take to waitresses and other regulars too.

Vacationing is just a mental block for me. I want to go some place fun that I've never been, but I worry that I might not fully experience it if I don't have someone else to challenge me to seek out things to do.
>>
Get /fit/ . Your goal is to stop looking like "Of course he is alone." but instead look "How the hell is he alone?".
>>
>>24671360
You're right, for me it would be tempting to just lay around (hopefully on a beach) rather than try to experience the unique things around me.

If you wanted it to be a real hands-on deal a nice /out/ excursion might not be tough to orchestrate?
>>
>>24671360
>challenge me to seek out things to do.
This is true in a group. In a group there is always a few alphas who push the group who are usually don't get out of their comfort zone.
>>
I travel a lot for work and have been going to restaurants / bars alone for years. Once you get comfortable with yourself you'll realize no one gives a shit about you and you're barely even visible to them.
>>
>>24671307
>>24671360
Talking to people at a bar isn't too difficult. Just sit back, have a few drinks, and observe. Once you see people loosen up a little bit, then approach them. Just don't sit there staring at them the whole time. Pace watching in intervals. If there's a TV, focus on that for a few minutes, then scan back around. You start to get a feel for the place the longer you're in it. Although, I'd advise you to try not to stick to one place for too long unless you know the staff.

As far as the vacationing is concerned, I think you're only fearing rejection. You can literally just walk up to people and say, "Hey, I'm not from around here. Mind letting me on to a few good spots close by?"

If it's a qt, ask her to show you. I've always done this. Sometimes they'll say no, but if they're not from around there either, they are usually more than willing to get to know you and tag along. Just don't come across as... well, a threat.
>>
>>24671213
>being dumb enough to think that sexual fetishes relate in any way to your childhood

Fuck off Frued
>>
File: images.jpg (13 KB, 281x179) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13 KB, 281x179
I was in a cinema alone recently. First time in my life. I recommend it to everybody who still have hope.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.