[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any other robots with chronic depression or dysthymia? >tfw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: IMG (4).jpg (241 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG (4).jpg
241 KB, 2048x1536
Any other robots with chronic depression or dysthymia?

>tfw perfect diet, exercise routine, daily vitamins, sleep hygiene, meditate, self-help, but still feel like I'm hungover all day everyday
>Mom: "Happiness is a choice you make when you wake up every day. You need to get over this whole depression thing and act like a grown adult."
>Only escape is drugs
>Everyone thinks the reason they're better off than you is because they "work hard" and earned it
>Opposite sex avoids you because you're always either angry or sad
>>
Tell your mom you literally have a mental disorder and you need to speak to a psychiatrist and if she says no call a hotline
>>
>>24669789
I do see a psychiatrist. I've tried like 3-4 antidepressants but none of them did anything besides make my penis not work. Adderall is a temporary relief but your tolerance slowly sets in and you have to either constantly up the dosage or take it like less than 3 days a week.

Counseling/therapy helps cope with it but doesn't change how I physically feel.

Right now I feel nauseous as fuck with a headache and have given up on getting anything done today.
>>
>>24669757
>>24669892
Patrick Bateman over here.
Why do you think you're in this state? what's your own take on it?
>>
File: image.png (281 KB, 931x922) Image search: [Google]
image.png
281 KB, 931x922
>>24670699
Nice numerals Pat.
>>
File: IMG-20151128-WA0003.jpg (41 KB, 532x543) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151128-WA0003.jpg
41 KB, 532x543
I have it too. But as a small kid I didn't have it. So what changed?
But you must really want this:
- join nofap and stop fapping. Here is why: you release to much precious dopamine, which is what you want, without it you feel depressed. That's also why adderal helps.
- face your fears. Everyday do 1 thing you know you would like but fear to do it. It helps you to feel alive and break the routine of your thought patterns. It is possible without it, but it is easier doing 1 thing daily you fear (not jumping in front of a train!)
- healthy food, good sleep, meditation also helps to raise your dopamine.
- protip : (im myself am too scared for this, because I know how fucked up my mind is, still have side effects from a molly from 3 months ago) do acid, if you know you could handle it. It gives you a glimpse of what live actually could be.
- and last thing: by in that things can change! Belive it even if you can't imagine it right now. Very important!
>>
>"Happiness is a choice you make when you wake up every day. You need to get over this whole depression thing and act like a grown adult."

haha oh wow the last person that said some shit like that to me got bitch slapped.
>>
>>24670806
I have dysthymia and no fap didn't help at all. I went nearly two years without doing it, still depressed.
How are you anons coping? Functioning properly is difficult when you're constantly tired, self hatred and feeling sad aside. I'm in uni and it's terrible, possibly the worst combination known to man. Am I being a baby about this or is anyone else in the same boat/is it really this bad?
>>
Tfw pretty handy and smart if I apply myself
Tfw I can manage social situations fine and actually enjoy interacting with people
Tfw I can see how life can be worth living and how experiences can be gratifying
Tfw know in the grand scheme of things I'm worthless and will die anyways
Tfw all things washed away by the sands of time
Tfw too stupid and depressed to apply myself on any level after high school
Tfw even getting healthier, better at passions/hobbies, holding meaning friendships and relationships doesn't make me feel any more driven to live life
Tfw just want to die but too scared of death
Tfw too invested in earthly pleasures like jerking off and doing drugs to give it up yet
Tfw sad bump on a log that can't enjoy life and am anxious constantly and just want it all to end

Who can relate
I feel insane and useless
I'm so fucked kid
>>
>>24670953
You have to understand it won't go away. You will need years of hard work to beat it. And even then there will be a little lift.
So the thing is: your brain is like that. I mean physically. All the neuron paths and shitt . It takes time to rewire it.
Imagine you have only 1 leg. There is nothing you can do about it. But you can get a Prothese and learn to walk with it. That is your mind.
Like I said: the single most important thing is: you can crawl out of it. I did. It was first he'll, then you learn to enjoy it. You have to Belive this. Really. That is the only step. The rest you can figure out and do. But this you can't do. It is a decision. It is not easy but totally worth it.
I'm glad if I could help you. If you have questions just ask.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.