[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is on antidepressants here? First time got me some at 25.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: Antidepressants-pills-004.jpg (67 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
Antidepressants-pills-004.jpg
67 KB, 690x460
Who is on antidepressants here? First time got me some at 25. Not taken any yet. Is it really worth it?

>tfw reduces sexual function
>tfw masturbation is the only joy I get
>>
get on one that doesnt reduce sex drive
>>
>>24668288
The doctor said this one is good for depression, agoraphobia and anxiety.
>>
>>24668288
All SSRIs do that. That's like the one most common side effect (hits 2/3 to 3/4 of patients) that they all have in common. I believe it happens with MAOIs and tricyclics too, since they hit the same serotonin mechanisms.

>>24668323
They do help some people with that. Some people they don't. Don't be afraid to say "hey doc, this ain't doin' jack shit" if you notice no improvement.
>>
>>24668371
Yeah I have to go back in a few weeks. I just feel like this isn't going to really work and make things worse. Antidepressants are really what I think are there for people who are depressed yet live normal, functional lives still.
>>
try and get other shit like buspirone or bupropion stacked.

there is no point, in my experience, in doing SSRIs on their own. hell, stack it with as much as you can (granted it's safe). other anxiolytics and nootropics. get beta blockers, phenibut, if you can, to use as and when.
>>
>on /r9k/
>needing sex drive
>>
File: wikipediafriends.webm (983 KB, 424x480) Image search: [Google]
wikipediafriends.webm
983 KB, 424x480
I'm on a SNRI.

I have this weird side-effect where I ejaculate before orgasming. Basically, my dicks starts leaking semen (definitely not precum, it's thick and white) and by the time I actually orgasm, my ejaculations are very weak and low in volume.

Anyone else ever experienced this?

At least fapping doesn't take two hours like it did on SSRIs, but I'm not sure this is any better either.
>>
>>24668721
Delayed orgasms are a common side effect.
>>
>>24668265
It's not worth it. Don't take them. You think you want to be numb to the pain, but you'll soon realize you'd rather feel like shit than feel nothing at all. Also, you'll forever wonder if they caused you brain damage.

Pretty sure Lexapro gave me brain damage.
>>
>>24668905
>Pretty sure Lexapro gave me brain damage.
What happened?
>>
>>24668982
My memory is terrible and I very rarely feel emotions of any sort anymore. I feel like the real me died and I'm just the functional part of the brain that is left over. I eat, sleep, and robotically do all the things the original me prior to Lexapro did, but only because I'm waiting for him to come back. The problem is that the part of my brain that stored him was likely destroyed by Lexapro somehow. So I'm waiting on a ghost that isn't coming.

I feel like I have no soul; not that I ever believed in such things. But I just feel that the entity that used to inhabit this body is gone. I'm just a robot... An imposter in a humans body.
>>
>>24669042
but are you depressed?
>>
>>24669042
Damn Anon. I feel similar after I had to stop taking stimulants. How long has it been since you stopped?
>>
>>24669042
sounds like depersonalization or you're probably just still depressed, have you tried taking anything else since comming off lexapro?
>>
>>24668265
>taking the physical blue pill

What are you doing anon
>>
>>24669092
Not one bit. I wish I was depressed again. I think I'd rather have committed suicide than exist like this. But now the desire for suicide is gone. Ever since I took (and quit) Lexapro I completely cut out all friends, family, and acquaintances from my life. They were never my friends, my family, or even my memories. I'm the imposter, the real inhabitant of this body was killed by Lexapro.

It's like he committed suicide and I'm what's left over. A soulless husk.

If I ever feel depressed again I'll take it as a sign that I've been cured.
>>
>>24669104
Nearly four years now.
>>
>>24669162
thats bad but it sounds like it woked.

if only as well as a spetsnaz hostage rescue team
>>
I was going to get into nootropics and start with L theanine. Seems like a better idea than jumping into stronger antidepressants.
>>
Im on anti-depressants, going to increase my intake next week according to doc... SSRIs, they made me lose some weight but not too bad. Masturbation takes a bit longer some times but its not that bad.
>>
>>24669162
Sounds terrifying. I'm about to take citalopram.
>>
>>24669554
I'm on citalopram and it's fucking hell, get used to having violent outbursts over nothing and feeling manic out of nowhere.
>>
>>24668265
Don't fucking take them. They are nothing but trouble.
>>
>>24668288
No, get one that reduces your sex drive, because they're going to fuck your sensitivity regardless. Nothing worse than being immensely sexually frustrated and unable to get off, gripping your dick so hard it bleeds.
>>
>>24668265
After years of searching for the right cocktail, I found that bupropion is the antidepressant for me. I also take a mood stabilizer (lithium), an antipsychotic (abilify), and a beta blocker (propranolol).
>>
>>24669618
does bupropion really work as a standalone antidepressant?
that's an off label use for it here.
also do you not take any specific anxiolytic?
>>
>>24668265
>>tfw reduces sexual function

That would be a positive for me. Fapping isn't even enjoyable and I only do it to make the horniness go away.
>>
>>24668721
happens to me on venlafaxine

I always get worried that the orgasm wont happen because all the jizz dribbled out already
>>
>>24669042
>implying the self exists anyway
>>
>>24669656
I've never taken buproprion by itself, so I wouldn't know for sure. I did stop taking it for about a month, and there was a very noticeable effect on my mood and motivation.

I don't take any anxiolytics but propranolol is said to help reduce anxiety.
>>
>>24669577
>>24669599
Fuck. I'm gonna quit before I even start then. Don't want to ween off this shit after I start.
>>
>>24669830
Probably for the best. You'll find that most people who recommend you take anti-depressants are women and failed normies who are desperate to validate their self-pity. I was convinced to take them by the echo chamber at depression forums (org)... Go figure the majority of posters there are female with vapid easily solveable problems.

Anti-depressants only work if you're unintelligent and completely lacking in agency and willpower to attempt to fix your own problems. And even then, they only work in that they make you feel good about yourself for popping a pill and doing absolutely nothing to fix your shitty life.
>>
>>24668265
2bh f@m just drink alcohol and smoke weed
antidepressants aren't gonna make you're life any better, do better drugs
>>
>>24669916
80% of depression videos on YouTube are by girls with boyfriends.

https://youtu.be/iYUoKHjxBLI
https://youtu.be/HIX9ccjeF30
>>
File: Wojak #2.jpg (250 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Wojak #2.jpg
250 KB, 600x600
>>24669987
this. the amount of people who take ad's only to say "well, that failed, time to try another". after 10 years of trial and error (inb4 "anon, it's about finding the one that works. are you an idiot???") where they do absolutely nothing besides pop new pills and mostly wallow in misery waiting for something to "work" and "fix them" so they can finally start doing things and achieving things with their lives, they realize they are way more fucked than when they first started the ad medication route. it's fucked up tbqh
>>
>>24670015
The girl in the top video is an absolute qt.
>>
File: 1431111645205.jpg (145 KB, 1024x609) Image search: [Google]
1431111645205.jpg
145 KB, 1024x609
Been on generic Lexapro for around 2 years now. I don't know if it helps. I don't get anxiety attacks often. But I don't feel happy ever. I can't tell if the drugs are helping me, hurting me, or doing anything at all. I've been only taking 5mg for awhile now. I want to get off of them and see how I feel but I'm VERY afraid of withdrawel symptoms. I hope I didn't fuck over my brain. One huge thing is I can't laugh. I don't remember being able to laugh much before lexapro so it might not be the drug. Fuck I should just get off it before I really damage my brain.
>>
>>24669554

Mate everyone has different experiences with anti depressants you won't necessary get like
>>24669577
I'm on citalopram and I'm fine. Helps with anxiety and depression and haven't had any side effects apart from initial tiredness
>>
Toss the SSRI's Op and order Tianeptine from the internet. Its the best antidepressant Ive ever used and I have used a lot. Even if you take your SSRI tianeptine combination therapy is GOAT. It wont wreck your dick or kill your brain and is well tolerated by the body. And you can take like 100mg and get a decent buzz going on it you're bored.
>>
>>24669042

This anon pretty much describes accurately what happens, your memory disappears, you hardly feel emotion and your focus disappates a fair amount.

Trust me robots, feels and ability are much better than nothing at all.
>>
>>24669577
Damn anon. Sounds terrible. Why haven't you stop taking them?
>>
This thread has me worried I'm fucking my brain up. This is the 3rd...maybe 4th SSRI I've taken. (Lexapro) I really don't feel much emotion now that I think about it. I don't remember the last time I laughed out loud or cried even. I'm more fucking broken than I was before. I wish I wasn't such a dumb shit and took pills I don't understand. I deserve this hell.
>>
>>24669042
I'm familiar with this feel. My family put me on anti-depressants for years when I was a kid and didn't know any better, and I've felt that way ever since.

>>24668265
Don't do it. You need to work on finding your own solutions to your problems, or something. Nothing else is really going to magically work
>>
This question is slightly off topic but...
Do I need to take regular breaks while studying on Adderall as I would with normal studying?
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.