[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/boxing/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
Should I take up boxing robots?
I was thinking about it, maybe it would help me become more chad and less of an autist
>>
http://www.livescience.com/1519-boxing-brain-damage.html

now, I'm not saying boxing practice is bad. I'd like to learn how to do it myself and have heard before that non-sparring martial arts are a waste of time. But do you really want brain damage?
>>
>>24667546
I know a few normies who train boxing and other martial arts for years and never had brain damage
I just want to know how to beat people in fights, I'm tired of being a weak faggot
>>
>>24667546
Only the pros end up with irreparable brain damage, amateur is ok.
>>
>>24667493
Knowing how to box won't make you less of an autist pussy, but it is fun.
Exercising in general is good for your mental state, because you can't think about anything else when you're pushing your limits.
But don't expect to magically turn into a Chad.
Source: I box and i'm still here
>>
File: 1379929254420.gif (850 KB, 400x426) Image search: [Google]
1379929254420.gif
850 KB, 400x426
>want to box but am horribly skinnyfat after losing weight
>>
I think a good compromise is to learn a grappling style. You get exercise and some body contact.
>>
>>24669217
I'm >>24669175
When I started boxing I was fat as fuck.
I'm still losing weight.
Don't let your current condition stop you from trying to better it.
Believe in the me that believes in you.
>>
>>24667493
What the fuck! Sauce? That comic is my fetish
>>
>>24667546

That's if you've been a professional boxer for a long period of time

You can still practice and do sparring occasionally
>>
>>24667493

Boxer here. It'll give you a hell of a lot of confidence if you stick with it, which will pour into you talking to people at the gym, learning social skills and whatever. Even if you never spar, it's a good thing to do both mentally and physically.
>>
>>24669175
>you can't think of anything else when you're pushing your limits

huh? i literally read academic essays while im on the treadmill
>>
>>24669282
this. it's those 16 ox gloves that are the problem.

by trying to 'protect' the boxers and make the sport less bloody so they could televise and profit from it they made it more dangerous for career boxers. honestly they'd be better off with lighter gloves.
>>
>>24669332

>pushing limits
>on the treadmill

Come on brah
>>
>>24667493
I redcently picked it up and it's great. But you have to do weightlifting besides the training to get the chad-esque body shape.
I'm a hungry skeleton, but learning the technique and sparring is awesome. Haven't fought a single battle yet, but it'll be hard judging by the sparring sessions.
>>
>>24667493
I've been boxing for four years, I became pretty much a normie, did a few matches, got fit and girls talk to me without looking disgusted, also it's great for your mental and physical health, do it anon, just do it
>>
>>24667493
What a cringy fucking drawing.
>>
>>24667493
You should

Advantages:

>You'll need a SHITLOAD of exercise
>Both cardio and explosive strength
>Explosive movement, rapid outburts of power all raise testosterone
>Fighting sports naturally raise testosterone because of aggression, confrontation etc.
>Confidence when dealing with people, especially the difficult chads and hooligans that go to boxing gyms

To counter common misconceptions
>Brain damage only happens to career boxers, if you are an amateur and you use headgear it's fine
>Pro boxers need small lean bodies for speed, but as a hobbyist it doesn't matter what body you have, so you can still lift
>You are very unlikely to kick and wrestle in a street fight (wrestling being far more common) and most of them will just involve punching. So you are 90% equipped to fight, and because you focus so much time on improving punching speed and power and defending against punches, to levels far higher than MMA, muay thai etc fighters, you are gonna fucking dominate.

tl;dr Learn to box kids
>>
>>24667493
go for it man, I boxed for about 2 years then I had to join the army

you get supreme confidence when you get good, its a really nice feeling
>>
>>24669253
How many other fat or out of shape people box?
I am pretty badly self conscious about this
>>
>>24669743
None.
At my gym I'm the only out of shape person.
But y'see, that's because everyone else in as bad shape as me quit.

I've received nothing but compliments from my fellow gym members.
They know how hard it is to get in shape.
They'll respect you if you put in the work.
You can do it.
>>
File: 0063-017.jpg (332 KB, 756x1200) Image search: [Google]
0063-017.jpg
332 KB, 756x1200
>>24667493
I know the perfect training method.

>1. read boxing manga
That's it.
>>
>>24669651
This guy is absolutely right

Especially about the confidence thing. "Just be confident, bro" doesn't work, but boxing does.
>>
>>24669359
147 and up use 10 oz gloves, lower weight classes use 8 oz
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.