[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/r9k/ guild when? please
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6
File: wow.jpg (754 KB, 1592x1172) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
754 KB, 1592x1172
/r9k/ guild when?

please
>>
>playing WoW with 4channers

No thank you
>>
>>24662314
WoW is shit right now. Sad fact is. Alot of MMOs are fucking shit.

I'd be willing to try something other than Shit wars 2.
>>
>>24662335
that's why you play a Vanilla wow server like Nostralius
>>
>>24662314
I used to play on private Vanillas. I'm playing on Dalaran private server these days. It's at WotLK.

You should join us. What have you got to lose?
>>
>>24662345
>>24662345
Lol you spelled it wrong dude

Also gw2 has the hottest female npc's i swear
>>
>>24662423
I find Tera's NPCs hotter honestly, they're more lewd.
>>
>>24662423
Draenei get my dick harder than anything in gw2
>>
>>24662364
Horde?

this is original comment, desu
>>
>>24662364
got a link?

fuck off you kike robot
>>
Sylvanas EU pls
>>
>>24662314
<RIP In Peace> from /vg/ is pretty chill and was basically the /r9k/ guild when I quit back during the 10,000 years of Siege of Orgrimmar
>>
>>24662469
Yes. I rolled random race/class. Ended up tauren shaman. My name is Barokos.

>>24663136
dalaran-wow com/forums/input-and-assistance/guides-and-tutorials/topic/6355/wow-3-3-5-client

make account and download.
>>
Me and some friends from online had a guild on Illidan, horde side. We're going to get back together in a few weeks, likely. At least some of us will be back by then, would gladly have other people that are down to raid.
>>
>>24663233
Im on horde illidan hit me up if I can tag along
awesomeness5#1344
>>
>>24663248
Sure can, I'm at school so I'll take note of your battle tag and give you an invite either today or tomorrow.
>>
>>24662314
I've regressed even farther than that and got back into runescape
>>
File: 1448821005868.jpg (2 MB, 1674x1006) Image search: [Google]
1448821005868.jpg
2 MB, 1674x1006
>playing retail
>>
>>24663248
What do you play by the way?
>>
I feel obliged to mention that a few months ago some people started a thread for the Nostalrius server.

This means a pre tbc (vanilla) non retail private server.

I can highly recommend joining it, the people are friendly enough.
>>
>>24662345
>>24662335
imo private servers suck because they're full of hackers and everyones already played the content, so there's not really any rivalry. PvP is probably the only decent part, and vanilla PvP sucks. BC/WoTLK PvP is alright

i just feel like blizz made the new expac look cool, but really it was just a bore doing all the garrison shit after you've done it. it was pretty good for the first weeks and the first 2 raids (i got sick of trying to find a guild that i quit during 2nd raids), but by then i got tired of leveling and raiding, pvp was just shit.
they killed of making money through expansions besides for the first players (i made a shitload of gold in first weeks). i've got like 2 guildbanks + a bit more worth of greens i was saving up for WoD and then the shit with leveling professions from level one with same mats just fucked me... the prices seemed to drop down, and now that tmog is changing or whatever it just fucked it even more (well atleast what i've read it seems like it will).

it seems like it'd be pretty hard for them to make any new shit with wow. only thing i'd see is them working on making question/single player of it better, because compared to a game like runescape it's pretty crap... runescape probably has one of best in MMOs i've played.

most thing i hate about wow is how unbalanced shit can be though. like tiers of raids where a certian class just out dps others with not even much effort needed... pvp where classes just fuck over others.
the most retarded thing in thier balancing would be changing rogues vanish. that shit pissed me off so fucking much.. vanish used to be something that added something to rogues. you could time vanish right and it would immune the spell and you'd stay vanished... but then blizzard decided 'nah can't have people using actual skill to beat people in pvp' so they go fuck vanish completely up.

i'll probably play when next expansions released tho
>>
>>24663411
private servers only suck if you want the shit blizz is selling.

I think almost every decision made about the game's direction after the initial release strayed further from the path of what the game should be.

WoW is shit for everything other than nostalgia and private servers let me focus on that aspect of it. Everyone's just on there for fun anyway so you don't get the same elitism and endgame obsession. More time to explore and just kind of be there.
>>
I couldn't get into Nostalrius when I first tried it, I'm too softened up by the conveniences of retail, but I probably owe it another try

>>24663411
Agreed with most of this, Garrisons made me want to blow my brains out and I don't think professions could possibly get any more boring. I will play Legion for sure though because I'm a complete and utter fuckwit. I don't think they have the ability or incentive to return the game to greatness when millions of idiots like me will still play whatever they release for the foreseeable future
>>
>>24663476
I was playing Nostalrius,and I agree with the fact that you really get get babied in retail compared, but there are so many general quality of life improvements that make the game easier, but they also make the game more enjoyable. They have crossed the line a bit I think, but Legion seems like it will bring back some of the kekoldry that was brought about in WoD and Pandas. Also, Nostalrius is impossible to find a guild willing to help you gear up to get into raids, and as a university student, I don't have infinite time to devote to it. Considering going NEET here soon, if I do, I'll pick it back up.
>>
No way. You're all robots for a reason. Most of you are boring as hell and terrible to talk to. I bet you all fucking suck at PvP too.
>>
>>24663233
>playing on trollidan

Kill yourself.
>>
>>24663628
We were originally on a no-name server and there was about 7 of us, so we needed more folks to start raiding. We did some research as to which servers had not only a high horde population, but a large PuG community, as well as a fairly reasonable and stable economy and we settled on Illidan since we didn't want to go Alliance. We largely keep to ourselves, a part from recruiting folks initially. Call it trollidan all you want, but we found people to join quickly and we progressed pretty well. Also don't bother applying, we already have enough socially inept people in the guild.
>>
>>24662332
this. furfags and rpfags can go die in /wowg/ where they belong.
>>
>>24663476
>>24663442
i think a better mmo would be final fantasy/runescape profession system, quest system of runescape, PvP/world of WoW and with something similar to wildy (but not like WoW attempt i.e. wintergrasp etc.), PvE of WoW. as well something where you can make your own skins+use others people have made for models instead of transmog system. for travelling make it just TPs like final fantasy, PvP zone/servers being walking only. they could even integrate garrison/runescape player house for TPing between zones, where you have a house portal in each zone but you have to do something to get it which is difficult...

basically what i think would be alright MMO...

MMOs are hard game to make good for everyone, and to make people still want to play the same game as long as WoW have. some people might not like having a timesink for stuff, mostly just with wow where you have to sepnd ages getting gear by the time you did the raid is onto next and you have to go thrugh it again till you can get gear to get into a pug to actually raid.. unless you want to get into a guild but it's a lot harder without gear, only casual guilds which will be filled with pugs.
but runescape is a time sink, but it still doesn't feel like wow in the same way due to how much longer it is... but then runescape doesn't have anything once your high level besides wildy, dueling and bossing (bossing is just a grind)... this is old school runescape, i haven't played new runescape.

i've been playing final fantasy recently but it still feels kind of boring leveling. the profession system seems alright but the question is just boring, pretty much exactly like WoWs. mist of pandaria and wrath of the lich king story i liked, i never followed vanilla/BC/cata story much but BC would be 3rd best imo.
runescapes 'story' atleast was something even if you try skip through it fast you still follow it and it's kind of interesting. similar to MoP to me

>>24663612
i bet you play hunter noob
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_111415_160305.jpg (238 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_111415_160305.jpg
238 KB, 1920x1080
>>24663612
>minigames

hahahahahaha
>>
thinking of playing it 2bth pham

is it worth?
>>
>>24664118
Might as well, retail is 75% off and private servers for older versions are free
>>
>>24664118
Have you never played before? It's on sale for $5 now (and the newest expansion is $12.50) so it's a good time to give it a try

If any combination of RPG, fantasy, and multiplayer sounds good to you, it could end up stealing years of your life
>>
>>24664148
for someone who played in 2005 and stopped, is it worth going back? did the game get better or worse?
>>
>>24664133
Horde Illidan, gib da battle tag

>>24664195
try it again, Horde Illidan, gib da battle tag
>>
>>24664220
>horde

nty
>>
>>24664195
Fuck off and die cocklover
>>
>>24664234
Enjoy getting cukked by Anduin faggot.
>>
Hard to say, ask a thousand people and you'll get a thousand reasons why it got better or worse.

IMO it's lost some of its charm. For me I think the problem is that there's so much fucking content now, so they had to speed up leveling, now you're too high level for a zone by the time you've completed half the quests in it, everything just feels like a mad dash up to current content and it's lost the feel of an adventure that it used to have, or something.

If you haven't played since 2005, it's probably worth seeing Northrend (and later expansion stuff to a lesser extent). How you end up feeling about the game overall might be a coin flip, but I'd say it's worth the price of a month just to see what's changed after all this time
>>
>>24664340
This post was for
>>24664195
>>
Nostalrius is garbage.

The best private server out there for vanilla right now is Kronos. Kronos is well populated but not bloated like nostalrius, and the developers are active as fuck. Big fixing happens immediately. The secs also have set up a vanilla Wowhead equivalent for 1.12.1. There is an armory for players as well.

If you want a private vanilla server, Kronos is the shit can't fucking recommend it enough.
>>
>>24663293

All these people for ZG. Imagine AQ40 lads.
>>
>>24664557
>1 epic per boss

The worst decision.
>>
>>24664278
Enjoy sylvannas fucking up your all mighty poo in loo camps with voljin missing.
>>
File: 1448732675987.jpg (117 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
1448732675987.jpg
117 KB, 800x900
>No healslut in WoW or Tera
>>
>>24664603
>implying gnomes aren't original poo in loos.
>implying Sylvanas isn't a best
>implying genocide is a bad thing

#GarroshDidNothingWrong
#RezGarrosh
>>
>>24662314
I'm returning to FFXIV in January please do not tempt me to to back to WoW.
>>
>>24664626
>he thinks gnomes arent the japanese and the horde with their primative camps,except goyblins AND forsaken arent streetshitter

good go- I mean loyal servant of the horde. Make sure to eat all your plague grain.
>>
File: 1446079057380.png (496 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1446079057380.png
496 KB, 633x758
>>24662314
I kind of want to get back into WoW (old WoW, not faggy new WoW), but then I realize it's a literal time waster. Absolutely nothing new, and 9k people on Nostalrius still isn't enough

I just wish to go back in time to simpler times... where degeneracy of today's caliber didn't exist
>>
>>24664681
>goyblins

1% Haste kiddo, enjoy your fun "good guy races"
>>
>>24664692
It's a retarded amount of people on one server what are you talking abou
>>
File: 1423458376386.jpg (150 KB, 852x778) Image search: [Google]
1423458376386.jpg
150 KB, 852x778
>>24664422
>Kronos shills outside of /nosg/
>>
>>24664697
>not playing the glorius alliance
>not being a top tier human paladin
>not teaming up with your cheeky dwarf hunter lad to piss off the keked by garrosh and now sylvannis horde.

Shiggery diggery do
>>
>>24664733

nostalrius erper detected. by all means, please dont roll on Kronos, m8.
>>
I just reinstalled WoW and got the new xpac after a two year break. I must say questing is pretty chill so far in WoD, but I am only level 92 after all....
>>
I was beyond disappointed with WoD after how they promised to "fix" pvp. Looks like they're fucking up spriests even more so I'm done playing retail. The story has been such a joke for the past 3 expansions anyway. If I could take a time machine back to 2004 I would.
I'll probably play corecraft when it comes out though
>>
>>24664195
Pve is better imo. wotlk-2nd last MoP raid had hardmodes. but now instead of hard modes its just diff tiers, but still kind of same thing. wotlk onwards (but i liked wotlks raids) would be what i'd say where they did PvE well.. lots of bosses and it was different stuff, the hardmode system was done by tiers on some bosses (like say one raid, you fought a dragon but before killing dragon you had to clear 3 smaller dragons, the hardmodes would be pulling with any of those 3 dragons extra, but you could do with either 1/2/3 dragons up, 3 dragons would be full hardmode), the achievement system made more of a race for server firsts compared to just downing boss in 10/25/40 or in normal/hardmode.. seige of ogrimmar in end of MoP they brought in scaling system for it but raids were still same with the achievements and doing fights certian way like dragon fight i said earlier, but they didn't give better loot for doing hardest way, just an achievement (atleast i think they changed it to only achievemnt and not different loot in last mop raid). around MoP they removed server/world first messages in chat. can't remember if you still get server/world first achievment though. it mgiht be only raid server/world firsts give acheivements, and skills/talents/level 80 etc. aren't a special achievement you can get anymore..
wotlk brought achievment system to which just give stuff to do, can get mounts/stuff from

PvP is pvp, it's always unbalanced but with more abilities imo it's better.
vanilla pvp wasn't too good, there wasn't much stuff you did and it was more overpowered. BC/WotLK was the best PvP imo. both had decent world pvp and both different feel of arena but still decent. wotlk brought more abilitys and talent builds. cata and onwards brought the removal of talent builds, and added/removed stuff i didn't like in pvp, like some hunter stuff, changes to rogue vanish, the new talent trees did make it easier to balance and removed some rng stuff in class talents.
>>
>End of MoP
>Try raiding first time in many years
>First time learning how to tank, fuck up alot at first but put myself into it
>Land in pretty good guild, have been playing alone for years and finally got to taste that social side of WoW
>Be one of the group, have so much fun raiding
>GM is a douche and guild breaks up right before WoD
>Too autistic to get into new guild, got attached to old raid group
>Quit game

I know it's dumb to feel nostalgic about something that happened just year ago, but everytime i hear MoP music i just get the feels.
>>
>>24662332
>>24663779
there's atleast one guild on EU that's sometimes active and is great. none of the /wowg/ shit and it's never in the threads, it's dead due to inter-expansion content void last I heard

I don't know if US has a similar guild or how to get an invite
>>
>>24663293
What private server is this?
>>
>>24664844
>>24664195
also playing on a private server you won't really experience the same as what playing on retail is like, because theres no server firsts and it's not new to people so everyone knows whats the best strat for fights, whats the best class/raid setup etc.
in retail and new raid releases, fights are new (except for those who play test realm, but only people going for world firsts do that) so theres a race between guilds in server... theres usually some other new content with raid release but usually just some quests and not much else. you won't be on similar level in private servers as you would on retail
but private servers good for PvP and questing/raids. though it won't be the same as actually playing it when it's new, unless it's something like corecraft (a private vanilla server where content will be released like it was on retail, so patch by patch) where there will be influx of players who've never played vanilla and people will be 'new' to the game... though they'd still bring knowledge of retail, so it won't be as noob as vanilla would be.. a lot of people think earlier expansions were harder when sometimes it was just that everyone was new and didn't know how to maximize fps etc.

if you play retail use a scroll of resurection or just make a new account and ask in /vg/ for a recruit a freind.. it will give mount and make leveling quicker, if you want to get to high level quickly (you can always go back and do old content quests or do them on private servers instead). i think scroll of resurection will just give you a free month + whoever uses it on you, plus maybe a mount or something

also the profession system is way different in retail now. warlords brought new stuff like garrisons too, basically just a fancier daily quest system because people complained 'daily quests are too grindy' or somethnig
>>
>>24664822

>the spriest dagger
>warlocks get scythe
>spriest dagger
>BALANCE DRUIDS get a scythe
>spriest dagger

Why the fuck does every weapon look like someone took an advertisement for a monster truck rally designed by a teenager, and soaked it in monster energy drinks?

>tfw every blade profile is retard-tier 'design'
>tfw every old developer who worked on vanilla is long gone by now
>tfw every blade profile is thick enough head-on to be a fucking club
>tfw the days of carefully exaggerating known martial archetypes into fantasy weaponry by educated game devs are long gone
>tfw you go to twitter to check on some blue-post tweet about the Spriest dagger hoping they'll respond to the backlash and the dude's profile pic is an acne-ridden SJW nu-male with purple hair

These are the people who work for Blizzard now
These are the people who make the decisions which set the aesthetic course of each expansion

>tfw orange is the new purple
>tfw everyone will have different SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY MONSTER RALLY BE THERE BE THERE SUNDAY neon fucking colorings of the exact same weapons running around on sparkle ponies for the next few years
>tfw you've watched WoW die for most of your formative years
>tfw every other MMO on the market is falling for the 'minimalist' UI meme
>tfw other MMOs dumb themselves down to shit to be console cross-platformable
>tfw private servers don't really have the same luster
>tfw you've finished reading a great book and are just sitting in the chair holding it open on the last blank page before the back cover, knowing that the only thing left to do is close it.
>can't bring yourself to close the book
>you will never go back

fuck you blizzard
>>
>>24664941
nostalrius
>>
>>24663156
here

too bad I stopped playing several months ago
>>
>>24663293
DRAKEDOG
WANNABE
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.