[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me choose a career, robots! I'm a 20 year old NEET
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: nextlevel.jpg (23 KB, 480x369) Image search: [Google]
nextlevel.jpg
23 KB, 480x369
Help me choose a career, robots!

I'm a 20 year old NEET starting 1st year computer science next year, but feel like it'll kick my ass something fierce because I'm awful at mathematics. I run a few websites I crafted with a friend but they just aren't generating enough income to pay the bills. I live close-by a city with some wide website development options. Who here is a /webdev/ and can tell me about their job?
>>
amen brotherman bill
>>
>>24662220
A M E N
M
E
N
>>
>>24662220
A Men?
fafdfhsijsfdnsiajfk
>>
File: 1448004444099s.jpg (3 KB, 125x123) Image search: [Google]
1448004444099s.jpg
3 KB, 125x123
A M E N
M M
E E
N N
>>
>>24662220
AMEN

> all these robots goin to hell
>>
>>24662220
A M E N
A M E N
A M E N
A M E N
But really comsci isnt hugely dependant on mathematics from what I've done. The only mildly intense thing is conversion between different bases of numbers, but even that is a small amount of comsci, and its easy. Other than that you should be good to go.
>>
>>24662410
God, I fucking hope so. Hope the job afterwards is relatively easy because I'm so fucking lazy.
>>
>>24662220
>it'll kick my ass something fierce because I'm awful at mathematics
Boolean logic and set theory are different math.
>Who here is a /webdev/ and can tell me about their job?
In web dev, you get the shittiest pay as a programmer to do things that have been done thousands, if not millions of times before, with no respect.

Go into graphics design instead.
>>
AMEN

what comment could be more original?
>>
>>24662220
Anus i mean amen.
>>
File: o-BLACK-CHURCH-facebook.jpg (323 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-BLACK-CHURCH-facebook.jpg
323 KB, 2000x1000
AMEN

Kek no one is replying to ops question.
>>
>>24662428
I mean its kinda annoying when you have to copy and paste a bunch of your code and you have to comb through the new paragraph of code and alter all the shit to work with a new thing (did that make any sense?). But its pretty easy in terms of physical and mental demand, just requires mental endurance, since it can get tedious.
>>
>>24662517
Are you working a job involving programming? Care to remark your position and what language you utilize?
>>
File: cb.jpg (46 KB, 480x363) Image search: [Google]
cb.jpg
46 KB, 480x363
there, I fixed that for you fampai

also /biz/ or /g/ is probably a better place to ask
>>
AMEN
A
M
E
N
AMEN
>>
AMEN

satan on suicide watch desu
>>
AMEN

fuck off satan youre a wanker
>>
File: jieajsoidjasio.jpg (61 KB, 290x227) Image search: [Google]
jieajsoidjasio.jpg
61 KB, 290x227
AMEN
i got you jesus
>>
>next year
>shit at math right now
Between now and next year, work through these books at the very least and I promise you will breeze any mathematics that your course requires you take / understand:

'How to Solve It' by George Polya
'How to Prove It' by Daniel Velleman
Concrete Mathematics

You can find them all easy enough online and pirate them. You have the time. It's not a problem to be shit at math right now when there is a chasm of time between now and next year. At school the pace is dictated for you so you might think that it takes a fucking year or longer to learn how to solve trigonometric equations. When you do it yourself you can achieve a whole lot more in a shorter space of time.
>>
AMEN

Just in case jebus fucks my shit up harder than it already is fucked
>>
Amen God save my soul
>>
>>24662220
AMEN deus vult
>>
>>24662220
Amen my dude
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.