[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone remember this shit. Some of the fondest memories of my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10
File: runescape.png (37 KB, 444x142) Image search: [Google]
runescape.png
37 KB, 444x142
Anyone remember this shit. Some of the fondest memories of my childhood were spent playing this game.
>>
File: 1407037665376.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1407037665376.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
if it wasn't for videogames I would've been chad
>>
>that time that someone lured you into the wilderness
fuck those people, I'm still mad about that
>>
File: predator-film.jpg (31 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
predator-film.jpg
31 KB, 640x480
>>24659915
>mfw I tricked you into bringing your white for my pk video and dropped 4 mystic tops and you picked them up before I killed you
>>
>>24659886
Oh, it's THIS thread again. Yeah thanks for contributing a little piece of your mind you dullard.
>>
>anyone remember this shit
>runescape
>>
>>24659936
you absolute mad man
blox
>>
>>24659886
>tfw I just chopped wood and lit things on fire
>there was always a fire in this one place of the map that was fueled by a couple dudes
>it was a swastika
I never did quests, and playing runescape now it's near unbearable how boring and how much of a crawl it is, but I did have a good time though, Would spend hours talking to people and doing shit.
>>
>that one time I found 1.2mil just sitting in the middle of the desert

I don't know what the fuck that was about but it was probably the greatest day of my life.
>>
>>24660103
>trying to farm dragon bones from green dragons
>dress only in rune plate, rune leggings, abby whip, dfire shield
>dickless "PKers" kill me when I'm at half health and fighting a dragon
>clearly the only things I'm going to drop are my shitty shield, some lobsters and however many bones I managed to collect
>they keep killing me anyway

Grinding prayer was a bitch.
>>
>>24659886
>tfw you remember the days you could barely make 500gp and now you sit atop a humble but decent 20m value
dun came up
>>
How did you guys make gp? I remember spending weeks banking iron only to make 2m

My username was cp_rules or something like that. Can't believe I wasn't banned
>>
>>24659886
>buy feathers for 2gp each at the chicken coop in lumbridge
>sell them for 5gp to members in the very same area
>repeat all night
>end up with 200k
it was a lot for a level <10
>>
>>24660805
I make a mil a day doing stupid easy shit. btw I'm p sure even just picking potatoes is better money than iron
>>
>>24660805

Rune essence. Extremely easy to grind and people grinding RC paid top gp for it.
>>
>started in 2003
>see people calling 2007 "golden age runescape"

I remember having to play on low detail because of dial up.

Nothing made your heart race more than the wilderness on fucking dial up.

I remember castle wars being released, everyone played it. It was amazing.

The game was ruined by bloat. Too many skills, too many weapons/armour always trying to one-up the other..
>>
File: ss+(2015-12-01+at+10.46.42).jpg (584 KB, 1823x1025) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-12-01+at+10.46.42).jpg
584 KB, 1823x1025
Why arent you playing right now. r9k? It's not like you have anything better to do
>>
I once got scammed out of my abyssal whip and dragon armor by some dick who claimed he had an auto money maker. I remember distinctly after I had given him the stuff he sent me a file with the supposed "auto money maker" and it was a notepad file that read "hahahaha i scammed u u fucking loser". I cried for hours after that. Although I probably deserved it for being a gullible idiot.
>>
>>24660867
I make gold and sell it for extra cash, bought a new monitor out of it
>>
>>24660867

Tried for a week and got bored as hell
>>
File: waifu.jpg (852 KB, 2200x1467) Image search: [Google]
waifu.jpg
852 KB, 2200x1467
>>24660891
hm for bandos tassets senpai
Also really? Wouldnt even the best moneymaking method in rs07 be worse than minimum wage?
>>
>>24660916
yes but I can't get a job. It goes in the background while I shitpost, can't complain
>>
>>24659886
>mfw: my level 88 character got wipe and i can't get it back
>>
>>24660916
what the fuck I wrote senpai not senpai
>>24660930
I wasnt joking about the Bandos tassets btw
>>
>knew that people offering to trim your armor was a scam
>but for some reason thought that trimming armor was still legitimate
>see someone with rune trimmed armor
>"He already has rune trimmed, surely he won't scam me for my shitty addy armor"
>"Hey, can you trim my armor for me?"
>He says yes
>Give him my addy armor
>He logs off

I hope you had fun with that armor barely worth 18k. Could have helped out a naive kid but you had to be an asshole for no reason.
>>
>>24660939
what do you mean, 'hm'?
>>
>>24660413
try being a nonmember trying to level up pray. i had to kill some many different types giants to get big bones
>>
>>24660957
how much
thought you'd understand, it's a runescape acronym
>>
I remember playing when Zezima was the fucking runescape God. I added him and whenever he turned chat on public for a second I'd message him and call him a fag then go to whatever world he was in and try to find him to follow him around.
Played for about a year after when king Duffy was number one.

Going in lumbridge Castel to find the drop traders and steal their shit.

The huge drop parties all the time before the falador place.

Tricking people to go into the wilderness unknowingly before the shitty wall or line was there.

The excitement of when I finished the quests to get ancients then lunar magics.

Endless hours spent in the barrows tunnels

Got up to lvl 120 and earned myself a Santa hat.
Played from 06 to 2012.

So many good memories playing that game. I wish I could go back to relieve them
>>
File: 1448169488532.jpg (30 KB, 450x350) Image search: [Google]
1448169488532.jpg
30 KB, 450x350
>knowing all the santa hats and party hats that could be sold to chinese gold farmers RIGHT NOW for 800+ dollars a piece, are totally fucking lost because retards forgot their passwords
>>
>>24660996
Santa's aren't worth shit these days. Less than 140m whilst blue phat is worth 1b+
>>
>>24661024
how is it their value dropped? They should be going up all the time.
>>
>>24661024
>blue phat is worth 1b+

What the fuck happened to RS's economy?
>>
>>24661028
Everyone wants the black Santa hat. So normie Santa's have been fluctuating at around 130-140m for the past 4 years
>>
I miss the game more than I should.
;_;
>>
>>24661024
Blue Partyhat is worth several max cash stacks, dumbass. The cheapest phat is a max cash stack (2.1b)
>>
Tbh Senpai i miss it
>>
>>24661566
Don't call me a senpai you fucking weeaboo.
>>
I was fresh outta tutorial island and somehow ended up mining in varrock and then this guy was like offering bronze bar, I didn't know what a fucking bronze bar was back then so I followed him and then this ominous skull popped up at the corner of the screen so I bolted outta there.

Oh and me and a couple of people were in this house in falador where we were imitating sex by facing each other and doing the dance emote, that was fucking weird.
>>
anyone interested in a r9k clan? I'd be willing to play again if we got a good amount of people to join.

no hardcore memeing though.

I already have an acct that is like combat 60+.
>>
There's this infamous guy that follows you around without talking and then will suddenly say "sometimes I like rubbing vaseline all over my body and pretend I'm a slug" and then logs out.
>>
Were all of you born in 1997 or something
>>
>>24662391
Runescape came out 18 years ago oldie, I think people can have nostalgia over it now
>>
File: 1448930439669.png (124 KB, 477x319) Image search: [Google]
1448930439669.png
124 KB, 477x319
>getting membership for the first time
>realizing how boxed in you actually were as a non member
>all those new skills to learn
Seriously, you had maybe 1/10th of the game without membership and even then, 1/10th feels like a generous estimate
>>
I remember scamming somebody for a whip when I was 12 and feeling so guilty that I gave them it back.
>>
File: 1437608237171.gif (470 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1437608237171.gif
470 KB, 200x200
>new runescape lost its simple charm
>want to go back to oldschool
>can't transfer my original account back
>having to start all over
All my love and labour, my years of youth, down the drain. I gave it a chance in 2012-13 too and it wasn't /that/ bad but its just getting worse with all this "wings and tails dlc".
>>
>can't even find my old account password

I bet it was some simple dictionary word without numbers
>>
>>24660867
>He doesn't block Hellhound tasks
Why?
>>
>>24662718
Why should I
Tasty hard clue scrolls
>>
>>24662823
Literally one good drop and you can only carry one at a time. And it takes a cannon to make it efficient. Nothing but negative profit
>>
>>24662583
You were a good kid
>>
>>24661049
blue phats were 3b last time I knew phat prices

couldn't even buy it with max cash
>>
>>24659886
I do. It was great but I didn't get to play it much.
>>
i recently came back in june and have been playing ever since
gg life
>>
great game. I tried picking it up about a month ago and it was kinda dead and boring. oh well, I just wish I had something today that was as fun as rs. Last time I had fun gaming multiplayer was halo 3. since then either no one has a mic or everyone is just a faggot.
>>
File: 1376359803650.jpg (31 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
1376359803650.jpg
31 KB, 250x251
>played RuneScape with couple of friends
>one friend got scammed all the time
>literally every two weeks he fell for some obvious scamming scheme and lost all his shit
>we always made fun of him

>year 2013(?)
>Jagexx releases Oldschool RS
>me and friend pay one month subscription for nostalgia sake
>I get bored of it pretty quickly
>my friend keeps playing
>one day we meet up and he's upset
>asked him what happened
>he got scammed and lost everything
>then he got mad and cancelled his subscription

>mfw
>>
>>24659899

no you couldn't have been anon
there are plenty of chads who play or played videogames
you're just you
>>
Who /darkscape/ here?
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.