[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>born in rural area >the only way people leave is if they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
File: tmp_1757-small-town-450206338.jpg (138 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
tmp_1757-small-town-450206338.jpg
138 KB, 800x600
>born in rural area
>the only way people leave is if they go to some other redneck place
>I'm the only person with good taste
>want to move to NYC LA or Miami
>they're too expensive for a farm hand forest kid to live in
>my happiness will never start until I go there
>>
Do people seriously fantasize about cities like that or is this just some shitty meme?
>>
>>24659481
If you aren't wealthy, the city - any city - is a shithole
>>
>>24659481
>born in a city
>just want to live in a quiet rural area
>want a nice house where I can raise a family with privacy and live a simple life
>rural areas cost two or three times as much as city areas in my country
>need half a million dollars to get a house like this.

just fuck me up family
>>
>>24659481
You can achieve anything if you're willing to work your ass off and probably make shit wages and live in a shit apartment and deal with harassment for at least 5 years.
>>24659539
Some people like big cities. People are different. Some people don't want to live in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>>24659539
I'm a city person stuck in the middle of nowhere

The only places affordable are redneck

rrreeeeee
>>
>good taste
>la, nyc, and fucking miami
>>
Spoken like someone that has never been to NYC,LA or Miami.
>>
>>24659720
Some of us like a fast paced life
>>
The city life would eat up a simple country boy like you.
>>
File: 1408233951456.jpg (31 KB, 567x416) Image search: [Google]
1408233951456.jpg
31 KB, 567x416
>>24659481
I cannot fucking respect city kuks in the least bit
>I wanna live in a big city
To me says
>I wanna be another anonymous drone starring at their phone all day, obsessed with social media culture and want to party and do drugs
>waahhhh there's like no reception our here guys
>and like my family actually makes me sit down to eat dinner like omfg I just wanna sit in my room and eat my food waaahh
>My dad is making me do a trade apprenticeship wtf i just wanna have a cushy office job thats like sooo easy lol

As I get older and more conservative, I see how rural areas make the most sense. Sorry I'd actually prefer to live in a community where every man is sovereign than some anonymous SJW hub of retards.
I actually like being in nature
>>
i live in a big city.
its shit.
>>
File: NGC4725-Subaru-HST-LL.jpg (609 KB, 3000x2065) Image search: [Google]
NGC4725-Subaru-HST-LL.jpg
609 KB, 3000x2065
The grass is always greener on the other side. Us city folk long for the peace, darkness, and civility of rural life. In the city, when I look up at the night sky, I can literally count the amount of visible stars on my hands.
>>
>>24659825
Oh yeah because farming and nothing else is better

Just because you're in a city doesn't mean you have to stare at a phone you can do whatever you want
>>
>>24659858
I don't have quiet my parens are loud as fuck and I have thin walls and my neighbors roosters dogs and tractors start going off before the sun is up
>>
File: dont do that.png (34 KB, 235x236) Image search: [Google]
dont do that.png
34 KB, 235x236
>>24659481

>muh cities

Fuck off.
>>
>>24659609
>half a million
Get out of California, mac.
You can rent a decent ranch house for ~$500 a month in my area.
>>
>>24659481
You have to go to university and get a good degree, then get your first job in the city. I was like you OP, I moved out of my rural town at the age of 19 and moved to the big city.

The city was really interesting and exciting for the first 2 years, but now I just think it's an obnoxious depressing shit hole. I don't want to meet new people, I don't want to go new places in the city, I just want to go hike a mountain.
>>
Go find a suburb outside of a city or move to a slum. It's really your only choice.
>>
>>24659481

I grew up in a hamlet and moved away from home when I was 18. I saved up enough money working for my parents in the summer (they owned a small business and would cough up minimum wage if I was willing to help out) to get a one-way ticket to a city on the otherside of the country with 400 dollars in my bank account. Now I'm stuck here 'cause I can't afford to leave. Get to visit home a couple times a year tho which is always really nice. I like the country it's just it was so lonely growing up because I wasn't religious or bigoted. And there's no work where I'm from and so I probably woulda wound up neet if I stayed at home but then again I would have had more time with my dad who died 4 years later
>>
>>24659825
To me it says
>I want to live in a city which has art, music, and community events!
>Paved sidewalks are pretty cool.
>I want to meet more diverse and interesting people than the tiny population of nowheresville
>I like food from different cultures
Your assertions are so inaccurate and buttmad.
I totally get why people dig the small town life. It's comfy, it's lower stress. Im sure there are benefits to knowing your neighbors and your community more intimately, and raising kids, I get that a lower crime rate and better rated schools are important, but I really don't get how you can hate on so much for wanting something different than what you want.
>>
File: 1445312897183.gif (691 KB, 255x209) Image search: [Google]
1445312897183.gif
691 KB, 255x209
I have lived in both. Currently live in rural/outskirts of suburbs by a big stretch of woods and not much else.

I'm still undecided on which is best, but the rural is certainly more affordable. Hard to find a good job though.
>>
>>24659941
I'm in Canada m8. Literally half a million for property outside the city where I live because I'm in some gorgeous pristine rocky mountain area.
>>
>>24659965
You must have gone to a cheap shithole

>>24659963
Then I'm good?like even if I'm a waiter
>>
File: 1424403657421.jpg (332 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
1424403657421.jpg
332 KB, 1600x1067
>>24659866
> you can do whatever you want
Except you fucking cant retard. You have to have the money to do whatever you want.
If you don't? Back of the line like everyone else then.

I'll admit I'm from /k/ so I wouldnt step anywhere near some liberal infested gunfree "safe" spaces you call the big city life.
You wanna live in some artificial dystopia where the only trees are planted to give you the illusion that you still live on earth?

Meanwhile I will actually do whatever I want in the freelands of rural america. I'll enjoy going innawoods and spending countless hours on my hobbies without restriction.
You're just a fucking crybaby. Its not even that bad. There's probably a wal-mart like 15 minutes away from you and other city conveniences.

A rural community is objectively better than being a city drone. You're more likely to have closer friends and have a gf given the smaller population.
>b-but I dont fit in!
Don't give me that shit. I listen to black metal, go on 4chan, and all the same shit as you guys but these country dudes accept me as one of their own just the same. Its not what your "redneck bigot hick" narratives would have you believe.
>>
Well I'm 6 hours from anything so even if u have money which no one does we have nothing to do
>>
>>24659941
>You can rent a decent ranch house for ~$500 a month in my area.
Where the fuck do you live?
>>
>>24659969
I literally have all of those things where I live. I mean if you aren't into the music and stuff bummer (Im certainly not) but there its still available.

You're a retard if you think we walk on dirt and ride buffalo.
>>
>>24660013

I moved to Vancouver, BC. Not a /cheap/ shithole. Worked my ass off to stay afloat.
>>
God damn it all these suburban kids wanting to be rednecks

The worst part is you'd all be accepted as fuck

Rrreeeeeee
>>
File: 1436826764643.png (197 KB, 511x382) Image search: [Google]
1436826764643.png
197 KB, 511x382
lets be honest the reason you, or anyone else wants to move to a city is for pussy.

>>24659969
>I want to live in a city which has art, music, and community events!
places to meet pussy
>I want to meet more diverse and interesting people than the tiny population of nowheresville
new pussy you haven't known for the past 15 years
>>
>>24659609
Half a mil my fucking ass
>>
>>24660021
>>24660021
> Its not what your "redneck bigot hick" narratives would have you believe.
This.
One of the most redneck dudes I know who fits the stereotype in everyway except for the fact that he pretty much only listens to deathcore.

I know another guy who sports the confederate flag and all that but likes to crossplay at anime conventions.
Steretypes and narratives like rednecks are for immature kids who have yet to experience the world for what it actually is.
>>
>>24660021
Sounds fucking bland and boring af
>>
>>24660021
>city
>safe

Aren't cities like the only places with massive amounts of automatic weapons?

>>24660086
Where are you from originally
>>
>>24659481
>wanting to leave country life
You a retard, son?
>>
>>24660280
That's why it was in quotes. Cities have a shitload of crime and weapon restrictions.
Weird how that works huh?

In a rural community carrying a gun or some kind of protection is perfectly normal, but also you don't really need to because they're hardly ever any crime.

>>24660246
Hows that any different than city life?
There's still bars
There's still parties
There's still people to meet and hang out with
Everything is just on a smaller and more tight-knit scale.
>>
>>24660302
I give up on life and I just want to live in a city before I go to shit then come back and get a cheap apartment here when I quit life
>>
All you weeb retards that want to live in the country go do it. There's a nice house next to me with 3br and 2 car garage with a fence and a shit load of land for 900 a month and rooms here for like 300

Let's see how much you like driving in blizzards and seeing nothing but dead trees and broken down shacks and impoverished hillbillies everywhere you go

No one has the same interests as you and you only hang out with the low tier rednecks which are mentally disabled and there's no fun for hours from you and the max salary here is like 50k
>>
File: 1446348408565.jpg (614 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1446348408565.jpg
614 KB, 2048x1536
>>24660404
> a shitload of land
So I could shoot on my own property? Sounds cool

>nobody has the same interests as you
I like guns so thats a start.
But also you'd be surprised. Well of course nobody likes your magic the gathering hobby and clopping to ponies, but I'd probably find a cool drinking/shooting buddy.

>driving in blizzards
I already have to do that
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.