[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did the big bang expand into? Nothingness? What?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image_2.jpg (106 KB, 1106x1012) Image search: [Google]
image_2.jpg
106 KB, 1106x1012
What did the big bang expand into? Nothingness? What?
>>
>>24659041
Everything.
Stupid frogposter.
>>
The prevailing scientific answer at this time would be "space itself expanded, it didn't expand into anything, imagine two points on a balloon growing further apart as it inflates, there is still only one balloon."

This is how I've heard it explained, it seems impossible to me though, there is probably a multiverse imo.
>>
>>24659041

The big bang didn't expand. Space-time expanded.
>>
>>24659091
Context clues my man, anon didn't actually think the big bang was its own thing.
>>
>>24659109

You don't know that unless you are in fact OP
>>
>>>sci
>>
File: wojak thinking.jpg (927 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
wojak thinking.jpg
927 KB, 2000x2000
An even better question would be: Where did the energy from the Big Bang originate from?

Where? And where did that come from? Explain how something can just miraculously appear from nothing?

I'm a theist by no means, but these questions just mind-boggle me.
>>
>>24659517
The energy was always there. It just built up so much pressure that it inevitably exploded. Bang.
>>
>>24659423
yes he does. OP obviously meant "what was putside of the singularity- into what did it unfold? not even samefag
>>
>>24659559

No, you can't know that for certain unless you are OP.

You're making assumptions
>>
>>24659585
I did mean that. Want to contribute now?
>>
>>24659517
The questions we have yet to answer, and likely won't find answers to in our life spans, are things such as "where did all of the energy in our universe originate from", "what determined the natural forces and how they work", "how did the laws of thermodynamics come to be" etc.
These are very deep both philosophical and theoretical physics based questions. The only answer is "we don't know". Some assert some kind of divine being, but then that also just adds the question of "where did it come from?" and so on.
>>
>>24659558
>energy was always there

The same thing could be said about a supernatural divine entity(God).

Do you honestly believe that shit?

>It's always been there, because time is relative?

>hurr its been there forever always has been just like god
>>
>>24659517
There's a pretty interesting hypothesis about this actually. The nature of certain fields (notably gravitational and quantum fields) are indicative of a sort of negative energy. The theory is that the sum of all the positive energy in the universe (from matter) and all the negative energy in the universe (from fields) is zero, and hence the total energy content of the universe is zero. It's only speculation but it's kind of tripy to think about.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.