[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone miss the internet during 00's? I was a kid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20151104_125743.jpg (718 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151104_125743.jpg
718 KB, 3264x2448
Does anyone miss the internet during 00's?

I was a kid during that time, but having to experience the web while it was still in development really was interesting.

Websites were either full of information or had content to keep you entertained. Of course none of these sites would rarely have concern with social media or communicating with others, excluding forums.

My question to you is: has the internet post 00's changed the way we think and process information? Obviously the quality of websites and content has altered from the past.
>>
I wish the internet would die to be honest. Fucking shithole that sucks me in like a gay man to a literal shithole.
>>
>>24657996
>I was a kid during that time
you were the one that changed.
>>
>>24658156
Fuck that, if the internet died I have to read or some shit.
>>
Honestly I just want to go back to the golden days of Runescape and WoW.
>>
>>24657996
>Does anyone miss the internet during 00's?

Yes. Most of you kids that were too young to understand the internets before 2007, I feel for you.
>>
The internet was still the same as it is today just with less media attention going around. There were still dumb asses like you making threads like these circa 2005 about how they missed the 80s.
>>
I miss micspamming in TF2 and CSS and then watching bleach later :(
>tfw it will never be 2007 again
oh and also rs
>>
I was a poorfag and from a technologically illiterate family so I didn't start using the internet until I was around 6-7th grade some 8-10 years back. So for me, the normalfag internet was always the norm. Except it was better back then obviously.

It's incredible just how streamlined the internet has become. It used to be a collection of various markets but now only a handful of website reign supreme and get the most traffic. It's sad really. We are free and yet we are not.

>tfw adult swim back then

>tfw bleach was actually good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkdbbMMjpT8

Mein neger
>>
i use to roleplay in aol chatrooms back when there weren't any social media websites. i had a close group of friends who i use to talk to on msn messenger all day and we had this dbz rpg website, and we would play runescape together. now i'm 29 and all alone.
>>
>>24658822
Latter half of post meant for >>24658730
>>
>>24658822
Oh shit I had no idea that show actually finished.
>>
The internet is a modern day tower of "babble".

All of humanity able to interact here, undivided by language and distance, and what do we do?

We hijack it as an extension of our own egos and turn it into a glorified garbage dump where we are all encouraged to add to the pile by sharing our most pitiful mundanities and our most inane opinions, as if making them visible to the world imbues them with meaning.
>>
>>24658828

What AOL chatrooms my man?

Red Dragon Inn was based
>>
Why wont September end.....
>>
>>24658208
Runescape use to be so much fun, I no lifed it and was better than all my friends irl. Use to be able to get lost in it now I can't do that with any game sadly
>>
>Obviously the quality of websites and content has altered from the past.

Each social media outlet has made the content worse in its own way. It's amazing to see how the medium of discussion has controlled the message.
>>
File: 1433143417996.png (274 KB, 899x743) Image search: [Google]
1433143417996.png
274 KB, 899x743
I miss myspace
>>
File: 1448865857664.jpg (191 KB, 500x933) Image search: [Google]
1448865857664.jpg
191 KB, 500x933
No, because it wasn't until like 2008 that I finally stopped using dial up. Internet has gotten a lot better in my area now so it's not so bad anymore.
>>
>>24657996
I don't miss it at all, I actually get a weird sick feeling thinking of shitty old tech and how inconvenient/ugly it was.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.