[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seriously why the fuck don't you get a tiny house? I just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 5
Seriously why the fuck don't you get a tiny house?

I just saw one for 7 grand and it was 12 by 30. You could use your neetbux or parents money to hide away forever in the comfiest shit ever for a loner
>>
>>24656656
Its my goal to get a tiny house and ~100 ha of land and live on it using my trust fund money. Fuck society. Gonna do it next summer when im done with my bsc
>>
>>24656656

Some cities have literally made them illegal.
>>
It looks like it'd be really nice with a fireplace :)
>>
File: nevarforgat.jpg (891 KB, 1560x2744) Image search: [Google]
nevarforgat.jpg
891 KB, 1560x2744
>>24656656
kek shed
>>
>>24656694
I wonder who could be behind that...
>>
>>24656934
rich WASPs.
jews would think slave sheds are funny
>>
>>24656656
Power?
Water?
Heating?
Repairs?

If it was that simple I'd just walk in to the woods with a tent.
>>
>>24657047
Would all be cheaper than paying for rent at an apartment.
>>
>>24656656
You'll always need to pay bills of some sort. Parents feel less inclined to mail out checks than to pay for their bills and food that you also get to use.
>>
>>24657047
>Power?
Solar or you could just run a generator
>Water?
Either get water from public taps/gym taps or buy and where you have a stream and purify it
>Heating?
Heat with gas, cheap and if your shed is insulated it will be very cheap to heat
>Repairs?
Learn how to do it yourself
>>
>>24657110
Alright but anywhere that you can get power or water is going to be land owned by someone.
>>
>>24657145
>Learn how to do it yourself
el oh el
>>
Honestly my goal is to get a sweet cozy tiny house built like a log cabin, but my only worry is shit like running water or plumbing. Like, where the hell am I going to shower or shit?
>>
>>24656656

I used to have one of these in a tiny lot of land in a remote part of this small town in Wisconsin. It was super comfy, even in the winter and I would make brick oven pizza every day. I used one of those infrared electric heaters to heat my shit up.
>>
>>24657191
And its not hard. But you need material and thats more logistical overhead.
>>
>>24656656
>Seriously why the fuck don't you get a tiny house?

I don't own any land
>>
>>24657223
this

>where the fuck would I put it
>have to pay property tax
>have to hook it up to municipal utilities and pay for those too

shit's too complicated senpai
>>
And what about medical care? If you are in a cabin out innawoods and you need meds or medical care you are going to be fucked.

This sounds like an awesome idea but so many issues.
>>
>>24656656
It's illegal to build something like this here, because of regulations. I don't want the building authority to knock on my door.

However if there is already a house on the plot, then you can build something like this disguised as a storage or something. It's a pretty good workaround we use quite often when planning.
>>
>>24657047
soler panels? capture rain water then filter it?
>>
>>24657262
A neet sinks with his shelter
>>
I'd still have to pay for gas, electricity, internet and food.
>>
>>24656868
Is "queeting" one of those non-binary gender versions of tweeting, or is it a neologism of the words "queefing" and "tweeting" instead?
>>
but mommy is going to buy me a 150k real house in new mexico
>>
>>24657262
just don't hurt yourself. ever heard of being careful?
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 400x462
>>24656656
You realize these are basically just trailers, right?
>>
>land is free
>there aren't minimum plot sizes
>being a rebbit minimalism kuk
>>
>>24657843
You sure know how to put the / in the thread

/thread
>>
>>24657843
yeah but they're better than trailers because they're more expensive and less practical and generally more out of reach for most people
>>
File: 1367186481135.jpg (10 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1367186481135.jpg
10 KB, 251x242
>>24657145
>jus buy land with a fucking fresh water spring! :^)
why don't i buy a $10m Manhattan condo with the interest from my billion dollar trust fund while im at it
>>
>>24657314

lol

it's just that easy brah
>>
>>24657145
Anon in USA and many european countries you are obliged, by law, to hook up your house to running water, electricity and heating
>>
>>24656656
Dude that's smaller than my room
>>
>>24657145
You know with posts like these, people might get the impression that you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>Being such a kuck you're willing to live in a shed.

You may as well go be a hermit in the woods with much space to yourself and no need to wagekuck.
>>
>>24656656
Don't fall for the Jew trap.

Buy a trap house in a run-down midwestern city. I've seen them as low as $5-10k in small towns (little crime at that.. just no jobs).

Shit, you get a real house, more room, win win. If anyone's interested I can suggest fairly safe (and cheap) towns for shut-ins.
>>
>>24657994
Couldn't you just get an online job that pays minimally and live there comfortably off 1 month of work a year?
>>
>>24657994
>If anyone's interested I can suggest fairly safe (and cheap) towns for shut-ins.

yes pls
>>
>>24656656

>implying these are not banned in europe alltogether

Thank you yurop for making housing so horribly expensive. I don't know what we would do if you weren't there to stop the free market making housing fit for everyone.
>>
>>24657994
I'm interested too.
>>
>>24658912
>trap house
Wait, nevermind.
>>
i actually really want one of these, i can even afford it

problem is finding land to put it on. most people get around with by making them mobile and attaching them to cars
>>
>>24656868
>incestuous
not to be confused with incessant
>>
Where do I put the computer
>>
Why not just live in a trailer or an rv?
>>
>>24656656

Looks like shit desu. Where would you bring a girl?
>>
>>24656656
There is no way i would want to live in a wooden house.
>>
>>24660169
That's for when you give up on all things but sleep idiot
>>
Did anyone see the documentary about this on netflix? Its about some guy building one of these.

About 3/4 in, the guy's gf reveals that she will be moving to new york because she always wanted to live in the city. So thy break up. LoL enjoy your kek shed buddy
>>
>bed right above the shitter

lel yeah, have fun getting a girl over
>>
>>24660237
Why are women so awful?
>>
>>24657937
Fuck I just realized this is why I liked tiny houses. Tiny house fags BTFO
>>
>>24660237
>>24660272

I watch HGTV Tiny House Hunters/Builders. And holy shit so many of the men are kek slaves to their bitch girlfriends. One of the women proudly stated how she always gets things her way against her boyfriend.
>>
>you will never be locked in a tiny house like this
>a stranger will never periodically show up to rape you
>they will never be the only company you are allowed to have for years and years
>you will never develop stockholm syndrome in the tiny house and a fear of the outside world
>>
>>24656656
Literally all I want in life is a nice tiny house or a big fifth wheel. It'd be like a fucking mansion. I would love it.
>>
>>24660169
>where would you put your kuck chamber?
>>
File: hectorsalamanca.jpg (461 KB, 1085x1217) Image search: [Google]
hectorsalamanca.jpg
461 KB, 1085x1217
>>24660385
Oh wow. Never thought id have these feels... What a ride...
>>
>>24658029
No because being an adult and actually buying enough food to sustain yourself and keep the lights on takes more money than that plus certain emergency costs will invariably come up and all your clothes will get holes in them
>>
>>24656656
I like the idea, but you would also have to purchase property to keep it on, plus I'm married and have 2 dogs.

Plus, when I look around for them, they are selling for more than what most houses cost around where I live.
>>
I'm building one relatively soon, I've been wageslaving the past two years to prepare. It is a really great option right now if you can find somewhere to park it and connect it to water/power.

99% of everyone ever will fuck it up though
>>
>>24660968
>married
GTFO normie
>>
>>24660150
Because they are terribly designed pieces of shit that fall apart and lose value by the second, by design. They are big toys and temporary solutions, not smart investments.
>>
>>24661060
So are normal houses. That's why I rent.
>>
>>24656656
I live in Iceland. I imagine that would be freezing cold in the winter.
>>
>>24661066
You are the biggest retard I have ever encountered and you have no concept of construction or value at all

If you can build a tiny home and you opt for a trailer instead, wow, just, wow, just put your money in a big pile and light it up
>>
>>24661123
You think I rent a trailor?

I rent a duplex. And, since I am renting, none of the maintenance (including lawn care) is on me. 400 bucks a month gets me a roof over my head, central heat/ac, a fridge, a stove, an attached garage, and a storage shed in the back yard. Oh, and wood floors. Best of all? Dog friendly.
>>
>>24661123
Oh yeah and renting is retarded too
>>
>>24661160
My tiny home will cost a fraction of that monthly, have more features than your duplex, be built of higher quality materials than anything in your duplex, have no obligations to anyone unlike your duplex, and I'll sell it at a level of equal or appreciated value whenever I want to move somewhere else.

My investment is a boomerang, yours is a bullet, good luck getting it back
>>
>>24661213
Property taxes, repairs, etc, etc.
>>
>>24656694
I've heard around here you can put them on wheels/skis and they can't do shit about them. Just like a trailer house.
>>
>>24661250
Yes, all of these are considered and you make no good point in the least.
>>
>>24661268
Yes, having a predictable, small investment that gives me more space is much worse than you having tiny house.

I'm not saying it can't be done, and I'm not saying some people can't be happy with it, but there is no guarantee that a tiny house will be cheaper than renting in the long run. It depends on building quality, as well as how well you maintain things (which takes time that I don't have to spend), all so that you can have a tiny space that is "yours" (meaning the government will take it if you don't pay your yearly property taxes).
>>
>>24661311
You don't seem to understand that it isn't about being cheap, it's about having that investment.

And stop bringing up repairs or whatever, it's a non-issue unless you build a terrible shack and it won't bother your bottom line in the long term. Plus, you're paying a lot more than I am per month; You're paying for these things too, even if they don't happen, plus the profit of who you're renting from.

When I'm paying so little monthly to live in a tiny space, I'm also making income, even from a job that doesn't pay that well. When I'm done living there, I can sell it and make a big profit. I can get a little land and rent it out as a vacation getaway somewhere (since it has a concealed water basin and optional propane systems).

My investment has a return and your does not, and everything measured in hundreds or thousands must be thought of as an investment. Do you realize how much you will never see again just from renting that duplex?
>>
Seems pretty comfy desu. I could see myself living in one of those.
>>
>>24661371
>Investment.

Property is only an investment so long as you can sell it when you want/need. The second you need the money, and can't get it, it becomes a liability.

As far as, "A lot more per month," I don't care. It's not even two days work for me, and I likely have more space in my living room than you have in your house.

As for repairs, they are unpredictable. One month they could be nothing, the next month, you could have a couple thousand dollar repair job (say your plumbing freezes and you need to replace it all).

It's nice that you are making income. Most people can manage that with ease with a full time job.

>When I'm done living there, I can sell it and make a big profit
Yeah, like that $7,000 tiny house that OP presented? Sounds like they are in big demand used. And again, you are presuming that you can find a party interested in purchasing your property. Otherwise it becomes a liability.

I never argued that my investment has no return. I just get to save time, and have the ability to move whenever I want (so long as I give 30 days notice), without worrying about selling anything.

I'm paying for convenience, and I'm not paying very much for it.
>>
>>24656656
I've seen many tiny houses and they look pretty much the same. Layout is too boring to me.
>>
>>24656656
My moms basement is just as big but without all the bs
>>
I'd be too worried about land ownership and legal bullshit. Whatever country you live in, your government would rather have you live with crippling debt or exorbitant rent along with the high price on essentials things to live.
>>
>>24656656
What's that bedroom style? Like it's not really a room, just a tiny second floor with a bed on it?
>>
>>24661696
Loft bed for sleeping. The downstairs should be a comfy PC and relaxing area next to the kitchen, but everyone insists on making their tiny home uncomfortable for some reason.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.