[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A dog of peace =)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
File: that means it likes you.png (328 KB, 410x382) Image search: [Google]
that means it likes you.png
328 KB, 410x382
A dog of peace =)
>>
Here's your reply. Shouldn't you head over to >>>/an/ with this?
>>
crazy doggo is crazy
>>
File: doge.jpg (88 KB, 720x959) Image search: [Google]
doge.jpg
88 KB, 720x959
HE A GOOD DOG
HE DINDU NUFFINS
>>
File: not all pitbulls.png (142 KB, 504x387) Image search: [Google]
not all pitbulls.png
142 KB, 504x387
>it's well known that border collies make great sheep herders, and it's accepted
>it's well known that Labrador retrievers make good hunting dogs, and it's accepted
>it's well known that bloodhounds are great for their noses and searching for people lost in the woods, and it's accepted
>it's well known that Newfoundland dogs are great rescue dogs, it's accepted
>it's well known that pit bulls cause more deaths than all dogs and sharks, pit bulls are a breed of peace

Hypocrisy
>>
I like my pit precisely because it's an intimidating dog that could snap and fuck someone's shit up. Fuck your peaceful suburbia.
>>
>>24656800
stats or GTFO faggot.
>>
>>24656800
>Retards get Pittbull because they want to look intimidating
>Give it no training whatsoever
>It won't attack them because they are its source of food and shelter
>Take it for a walk and let it off leash cuz "XD it is so nice to me therefore it is nice"
>Dog bred to be as vicious and aggressive as possible
>"Why did it tear that guys leg open when it's such a nice dog"

Pitbulls are aggressive dogs who will kill shit because this is how we made them, that being said if trained proper they are fine but every kektard thinks that just because their dog doesn't bite them that it won't bite anyone and doesn't train it at all
>>
>>24656907
Look it up on the center for disease control's website. I have pits and mine are huge gags but it is true. They are involved in more fatal attacks than any other breed or at least pit bull types and mixes. They don't cause the most bites but the terrier in them causes head shaking on bite and makes them more medically significant and thus reported more.

Also niggers own them
>>
>>24656949
>Also niggers own them
Thanks for that factoid but not sure how it's relevant at all.
>>
>>24656949
>Niggers own them
Hence the problem. Most people I've seen who have dangerous/sketchy looking pitbulls are manlets trying to look tough. The ones raised by humans who have value are complete sucks.

My dog is a lab and is gentle as fuck but 2 years ago a cat came into our backyard and she killed it. 1 month before that she came into our house with claw marks on her nose. Revenge is a dish best served cold.
>>
>>24656987

To the contrary, I think that explains everything
>>
>>24656557

pit bulls: the islam of dogs
>>
>>24657086
What, you mean 97 percent of them are nonviolent statistically but the 3 percent get all the news?
>>
>>24656609
stay out of prison, pupper
>>
File: 908765.jpg (851 KB, 1496x2256) Image search: [Google]
908765.jpg
851 KB, 1496x2256
>>24656557
A peace of dog =^)
>>
File: image.jpg (326 KB, 740x1097) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
326 KB, 740x1097
>>24656557
I'm loving this thread, keep it up OP
>>
>>24657086
Well said, reddit. Upvoted!
>>
>>24657149
Just gonna hop down to the store and get some ass of dog for dinner tonight.
>>
lol OP im a cat person but even i know that being spayed/neutered is the biggest deciding factor on whether or not a dog bites.

>doesnt consider that people from low socioeconomic brackets adopt pitbulls bc of their stereotypes as aggressive dogs

>OP says that pitbulls are worse than sharks
>forgets to mention how incredibly rare shark attacks are

lol thats the same as saying " pitbulls are more deadly than than being burned alive by jet fuel" because deaths by plane crashe are rare. its a misappropriation of the statistics

damn op u dumb
>>
>>24657121

I mean they stone fornicators to death
>>
>>24657328
samefag

>>24656949
while a third of dog related deaths involve pitbulls you should also consider the methodology of such a report.

like, for example, who identifies the attacking dog?
>vets are pretty reliable
>coroners working in conjunction with the above sound pretty good, too
>police are not required to know anything about dog identification
>eye witnesses might not know anything about dog breeds
>the owner might not know anything about the breed (especially since, again, we're dealing with low socioeconomic bracket, not some Kennel Club fuck who has a pedigree certificate)
>the victim might not know anything about the breed

Because of the social stigma around pitbulls, it does not sound unrealistic for, say, an english bull terrier to fuck someone up and have some retard go "hurr durr it was a pitbull bc short fur and funny eyes".

Unfortunately, the CDC doesn't spell out their methodology for us. They admit to using the Humane Societies records, but that doesn't say much. Was it volunteers or employees? How did they identify a breed? Did they have standards? The CDC report covers a long period of time, did the Humane Society change their methods of identification throughout the decades, etc.

Finally, the definition of "pit bull" is super fucking generic. It's a common name that, according to the dictionary, can apply to several different things.

The point I'm trying to make is not that your statistics are wrong, per se, but that maybe the problem isn't as severe as a third, and that it is hard to say due to shitty methods.
>>
>>24657602
Pit bulls cause the most dogbite deaths, they should require a permit to own
>>
>>24656609
>I have trouble on my mind
>>
File: 1426473228815s.jpg (3 KB, 113x125) Image search: [Google]
1426473228815s.jpg
3 KB, 113x125
>it's juz duh owner guize
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cb9_1382200151
>>
>>24657602
>implying the pitbulls are the problem and not the kind of people who get pitbulls
>implying if we put pitbull owners down the pitbull biting rates wouldn't drop drastically
>>
>>24658104
>implying world hunger is the problem
>implying we were to kill all the hungry it wouldn't end world hunger
>>
>>24656949
that study has so many damn holes in it, it even admits to not accounting for something like over 30% of fatal attacks for no given reason

and the APBT was specifically bred to not be aggressive with people, so if they do have a predisposition to aggression, it would be with other dogs if anything, but dog aggression and people aggression are drastically different things. including that they count "pit bull type dogs" in one statistic, which can cover anywhere from 3 to 20 breeds and their mutts. that's absolutely ridiculous. and it's shown that people only have a roughly 50% accuracy rate of identifying if a dog truly has any of the three breeds most commonly labeled as "pitbulls" in them. these stats are gathered almost entirely from blindly accepting news headlines, which are known to over report attacks by "pitbull type dogs" and unrereport those from others, or even lie about the breed to produce a more "news worthy" headline. hell, I work closely with animal control here and the media as said "we don't have any interest in reporting bite stores that do not involve pitbulls". and if you ask around, it's the same damn thing

bite statistics, as they are now, are pseudoscience
>>
>>24656925
If you need to train them to not be violent they aren't worth keeping.
>>
>>24656578
pretty sure it's the same guy who would spam anti pitbull threads on there and eventually stopped when mods kept deleting them and /an/ stopped taking the bait. probably just moving on to other boards most likely to fall for it
>>
Pitbulls and pitbull owners should just be executed.
>>
>>24658493
it's not even about the breed, really. they're just the thing for white trash that want a dog that looks tough and fuck it all up, so they get one then treat it like shit and don't socialize them enough or exercise them enough or anything else really, and are also piss poor at reading/understanding dog body language (pro tip, almost no dog bite is actually "unprovoked" if you know what a dog's signs of stress are). if pits were out of the picture, they would do the same thing to another breed, then we'd ban them, and the cycle continues. hell, the U.K. is dealing with this issue right now because they banned dogs that fall under the category of "pitbull", but their number of bites aren't significantly falling and the number of bites supposedly by other breeds has increased (I say supposedly because as I said before, visual breed identification in these situations is unreliable at best). areas in America that have banned pitbulls (and sometimes other breeds as well) are dealing with the same thing as well.

shitty owners always want someone/thing to blame for their dog fucking someone up, and the dog's breed is an easy copout
>>
>>24656609

BUILD KENNEL
>>
>>24656999
it's exactly the problem, actually. the APBT wasn't associated with violence against humans whatsoever and was "America's Dog" and shit until the mid(?) 1900s and the remergence of gangs in the northeast that started using them as status symbols and such. that's when the public opinion of them ultimately changed, and now the media feeds it like crazy because it sells like hell
>>
>>24658090
BAN ASSAULT DOGS NOW
>>
Daily reminder that the extremist pitbulls that commit these atrocities are not representative of 99% of pitbulls
>>
honestly all dogs including pitbulls should be killed desu
>>
>>24656884
In case you're not a troll let me tell you that all your neighbors consider your dog a nuisance and everyone would be much happier if you lived far away from other people so your mutual hatred won't cause conflict.
>>
File: ZNF0k0k.jpg (51 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
ZNF0k0k.jpg
51 KB, 480x480
idk why he did that he's a good boy at home xD
>>
a dog of peace they said
it won't bite you they said

BARK BARK BARK
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.