[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
some of you guys are alright don't go to the underground tomorrow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10
some of you guys are alright don't go to the underground tomorrow
>>
>>22865308
Oh shit he gonna genocide that shit up
>>
>>24654566
Watch it mate people are gonna think you talking about the London Underground

*tips fbi*
>>
>implying I would ever go to reddit the stratum
>>
>>24654600
>he

Both Chara and Frisk are female, if you say different I instantly assume you are retarded.
>>
>>24654699
It's ambiguous you fuck, have your own canon.
>>
>>24654699
they're neither you autist

they never got called she or he
>>
Doesn't matter what they are. Gonna fuck the flower anyway.
>>
Tumblr trash game/10
>>
I can't defeat sans. I keep dying.

help
>>
>>24654762
>>24654785
I know they don't technically have a gender, but Chara is definitely feminine (blushy checks and bob hair cut) Also her name is pronounced like Kara ('chara'cter) which is most definitely a female name.

Frisk on the other hand is a bit harder to distinguish but they are wearing feminine colors (pink and sky blue) they also have the same bob hair cut as Chara. Also the fact that Frisk is some sort of reincarnation of Chara would leave me to believe that they are a female too.
>>
>>24654897

If you're struggling, you might want to consider restarting and saving the cinna-scotch pie. If you can't beat him with that, just ask your boyfriend to do it for you.
>>
>>24654890
>bases his entire conception of the game on its fandom

its fandom is trash, but that has little to no bearing on its status as a good/bad game

the game itself isnt really that tumblr; its just that tumblrites project their own ideology so tightly around it that it becomes that way and pisses y'all off
>>
>>24654566
im actually too pussy to do a genocide run

its not even about sans being legit impossible; i just honestly feel bad for resetting the monsters' happy lives
>>
>>24654566
I'm still so confused on who Frisk/Chara/Player is. Chara possesses you, but only if you do bad things? Could someone explain it to me like I'm five please?
>>
>>24654990
frisk is wearing pink and blue to increase the ambiguity of their gender. y'know, cause pink = girl and blue = girl, so if they're wearing both, what are they?

the bob is also a pretty neutral haircut for a younger child. it is slightly leaning towards feminine though, i will give you that. can't say much about chara's name either.

and i can't say blushing cheeks are very indicative of a gender either. seems like the smiling face and cheeks are meant to portray innocence to contrast with chara's true character.
>>
I finished this game but didn't understand anything

also I didn't get any of the endings people keep talking about. Flowey said "so you finally get it" and closed the game
>>
>>24654699
are you insecure about your own sexuality after fapping to some r34?

I think frisk/chara are male, but it's up to you really.
>>
>>24655364
It's because you are a horrible murdering cunt
>>
>>24655295

Chara is present in every run, which is why you get that flashback when you fall to the bottom of the waterfall. He/she only manifests strongly during/after a genocide run.

It's not clear what role the player has in the narrative because Toby doesn't so much break the fourth wall as fuck around with where it's placed. My headcanon says the player is not a character and any lines that can be construed as such are talking to Frisk.
>>
>>24655295
chara is kid who sets the events of the game rolling. frisk is who you control. if you do a genocide run, which is killing everything until you don't get any more random encounters, they posess you. if not, they don't, and are only spoken about by other characters.
>>
>>24655295
Chara falls down hole.

Shit happens, he's pretty twisted, basically kills himself because he knows Asriel will absorb him. Asriel tries to bring his body back home, Chara tries to ASSUME DIRECT CONTROL to go on a killing spree, but cannot because Asriel2pure.

They both die and get their shit just kind of scattered around.

Asriel gets caught in a flower, Chara is in parts unknown.

Years later, you, Frisk, fall down the hole. It's assumed Chara gets inside of you around this point. If you be 2pure like Asriel nothing bad happens. If you kill literally everyone Chara Still doesn't possess you, but he traps you forever in nothingness until you agree to sell him your soul for freedom.

If you give him your soul, he doesn't do anything- until you get the true pacifist ending again. This time it's different, as you "wake up" in the cutscene where you're going to bed with Chara's blood red eyes- it shows the same group photo of everyone from the game, but they're all crossed out- it's assumed Chara takes direct control of Frisk and goes on a genocidal rampage on the surface
>>
File: 1448770059013.png (19 KB, 850x653) Image search: [Google]
1448770059013.png
19 KB, 850x653
>>24655114
Yeah, I played the game with really no knowledge of it before I went in

Had a good time, it wasn't that bad and I really liked the music

Then I went to the /vg/ threads on it and that was a fucking mistake
>>
>tfw no Papyrus bf
>>
File: latest.png (11 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
11 KB, 240x240
>>24654566
undertale autism
>>
>>24655489
music was stolen, game is piss
>>
>>24655685
do you have proofs?
>>
>>24655685
>stolen

You mean reused from his earlier projects / shit he contributed to, right?

I can think of a song or two that samples something else but no direct rips.
>>
>>24655421
>>24655425
>>24655471
Thanks nerds.
>>
>>24655295
First things first Chara was the first fallen human who was adopted by the Dreemurr family (goat monsters) but then she lost her soul when she sucided and gave her soul to her monster brother Astriel. Asriel then got himself fatality wounded on the surface to die back in the underground.

Flash foward many years to Dr. Alyphs injecting pure determination into the gollden flowers that grew from Asriels (and Chara's) dust. Thus making Flowey. Now you are asking how Chara lived. Their is many theory about this but the main three are that when Alyphs injected the determination that also revived Chara to an extent, giving her the determination to live. Another being that Since Chara had the exact same soul as Frisk and that Frisk was very determined themselves, that reviewed Chara in a way. The most popular one is that Chara stays dead through the whole game but is a ghost that is guiding and possising Frisk until the end of the genocide run. While it is unknown if Frisk is actually a reincarnation of Chara they are very similar in both body and soul. They both poses red souls, which symbolizes determination.

To answer your questions about the Pacifist run, Frisk is already determined to save everyone, just how like you, the player are. This thus doesn't give Chara a chance to do her possession shenanigans.

Another quick thing alive Chara=\=souless Chara, When she lost her soul she probably gained the same complete numbness as Flowey. Thus making her a psycho fuck.
>>
File: undertale_by_ss2sonic-d9c0cvp.png (333 KB, 1024x537) Image search: [Google]
undertale_by_ss2sonic-d9c0cvp.png
333 KB, 1024x537
>>24655716
>>24655726

i have nothing,
i even liked the music.
but u hate undertale because of the faggot factor
>>
File: dIlq8lRv[1].jpg (18 KB, 475x500) Image search: [Google]
dIlq8lRv[1].jpg
18 KB, 475x500
>>24655489
>that was a fucking mistake

vidya boards here are populated with massive faggots + legit redditors + underage b&s

you're gonna have a bad time (sorry i'm not reddit, i promise) if you lurk /vg/ or any of those places for vidya threads, as someone will inevitably piss you off by being retarded, contrarian, spooked by some ulterior ideology, or (because we're on 4chan) all 3. i love music for example and i quit /mu/ years ago because of how soul-eating its residents are. only board like that i can stomach is /lit/, which, despite being filled with the aforementioned faggots, is also home to a disproportionately high amount of those who are (a.) self-aware of their own faggotry and (b.) actually pretty chill dudes. much better than the common riffraff here.

anyways, that gets down to why i love this board so much. it's (a.) generally chill when you avoid the obviously retarded/ideologically motivated/bait threads and (b.) it lacks a general topic, lowering my expecations about others' knowledge of specifics and generally limiting discussion about these specifics to those who actually want to do so (and aren't just mechanically shitposting).

anyways, sorry for the blogpost. the game is great with all the emotional warfare it seems to pull (at least that was my experience. as i am highly autistic, everything from tthe dramatic [such as the toriel battle] to the mundane [fighting fuckin vegetoids in the ruins] seemed to emotionally affect me in some way), even if the gameplay gets a bit stale after a while. thank goodness it doesn't outlast its welcome.

also undyne is my waifu and i personally relate to sans
>>
>>24655874
the sonic in filename is coincidence
>>
>>24655910
Ohh yeah, I don't frequent /vg/ (I used to go to Dark Souls threads often for help with builds but it does have its share of autistic shitposters)

And I understand what you meen by being autistic and liking the game, I'm an aspie and I fucking cried before asgore during the neutral ending and in the pacifist ending where you save your friends.

Gameplay is honestly pretty subpar, at least with most normal enemies. But the bosses made up for that
>>
How does r9k feel about the goat dad? I personally love him to bits but I'd imagine most of you guys here would dislike him.
>>
File: 1448858074017.png (120 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1448858074017.png
120 KB, 500x374
hello fellow monster children, where do I go to acquire drugs?
>>
>>24655489
wish I could have had that experience
some fag that added me from /v/ saw that I launched it and sent me a copy paste spoiling most of the story

so I just got a refund and read the story online
>>
>>24656174
that's too bad

If you haven't listened to it though check out the soundtrack if you have like two hours

Also I think some fags from here or cripplechan put annotations on the video so it's also enjoyable to watch the tumblr kids in the comments get triggered because someone put annotations like Ben "killing niggers with 9mm's" Approved game
>>
File: 1445771651890.gif (464 KB, 444x353) Image search: [Google]
1445771651890.gif
464 KB, 444x353
>>24654890
Woah lad. We haven't heard that one before.

>>24654897
Stay determined. I spent 3 hours on Sans.
>>
File: Untitled.png (329 KB, 530x616) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
329 KB, 530x616
>>24654897
just use pic related like i eventually did
>>
>>24656416
Wow. That's unbelievably sad.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.