[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Normies why do you like to party? And don't give me that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: friends-partying-11659631.jpg (166 KB, 1300x957) Image search: [Google]
friends-partying-11659631.jpg
166 KB, 1300x957
Normies why do you like to party?

And don't give me that bs about connections. You're all too drunk to make "connections"

I don't understand the appeal of drinking so much and risking your life by taking an unhealthy combination of drugs while throwing up and pissing on couches all night.
>>
>>24653692
Robots, why do you like to post on 4chan?

And don't give me that bs about it being a nice diversion and a place to vent with no repurcussions

I don't understand the appeal of chugging 2 liter bottles of Coca Cola while clothed only in crusty cumrags as your weight balloons up by several pounds every day.
>>
>>24653692
As a normie, I am obligated to go to parties by the Normie Code (the same code we ratified that excludes OP from all social functions and eye contact on campus). It is truly as awful as you describe.. Piss everywhere. People dying of drug overdoses left and right. Everyone too incoherent with a lethal cocktail of alcohol and prescription pills to make any kind of real "connection" (like I do here on /r9k/). All the nice girls from your classes make the rounds giving BJs to black men for the amusement of the crowd.

Meeting with people to have some drinks, maybe get stoned, and socialize is truly as violently awful as you describe.
>>
>>24653692
failed normie & reborn robot here

>I don't understand the appeal of drinking so much and risking your life by taking an unhealthy combination of drugs while throwing up and pissing on couches all night.

very little of that actually happens.

The normiest of normies rarely even drink at parties. I went to a NYE house party and I was literally the only person who brought alcohol, and then got drunk.

Secondly, the normies who rarely DO take drugs always take safe normie drug and do them with extremely cautious moderation.

throwing up happens, yes, but literally no one that I know has ever pissed on a couch. Either while sleeping on it or while standing up and thinking it was a toilet or something.

Honestly, everything that you're describing is much more common with robots than it is with normies. Getting addicted to opiates, drinking alone and shitting themselves & knocking over piss bottles, etc. Just another night on r9k.

Also the world isn't just normies & robots. There exists a third type of person that is stuck in limbo between the two, and is usually too self-conscious to make the transition to either one and ironically end up being looked down & rejected by both groups. I guess they can be called failed normie as I just did, but that implies that they were normies at one point but that's never really the case.
>>
>>24653692
Cyborg here, I like to drink and do other people's drugs for free, people don't notice me at most parties. On the rare occurrence people notice me, they generally leave me alone after about 10 mins of conversation that's well over their head and mainly consists of me ranting about InfoSec or some shit.
>>
>>24654008
>10 mins of conversation that's well over their head
hint: the reason they stop talking to you isn't because your superior conversation topics are over their heads; it's because you are unbearably pompous and try to force conversations into territory that you think makes you seem intelligent and interesting because you are terrified and insecure
>>
>>24653902
>Also the world isn't just normies & robots. There exists a third type of person that is stuck in limbo between the two, and is usually too self-conscious to make the transition to either one and ironically end up being looked down & rejected by both groups.

What I mean by that are people like goths, cosplayers, punks, tumblr feminists with purple hair and problem glasses, metalheads, wiccans, Eurodance ravers who were into Electronic music before the mainstream Dubstep meme music, people who are into LARP and Magic The Gathering and tabletop RPGs, etc.

They might have their own group of friends, have boyfriends/girlfriends, and rarely stay at home on a friday night, but they will NEVER be invited into a real Normie's life unless it's to play a horrible prank on them or to look better in comparison.
>>
>>24653692
you've never been to a party have you, faggot?
>>
>>24653902
>Secondly, the normies who rarely DO take drugs always take safe normie drug and do them with extremely cautious moderation.
Bullshit, everybody knows that one guy or group of friends who do weird, hardcore drugs every weekend.
>>
>>24654099
>unless it's to play a horrible prank on them
Did you grow up in the movie Dazed & Confused and/or Carrie? Because that shit has never happened in all of my borderline-normie life.
>>
>>24654134
Oh ok. Everyone does. Because you do. So everyone must. Because your niche experience is universal.
>>
le terrible alcohol le PUSSY le dank w33d bant mems lad
>>
>tfw you've never been to a party

Am I missing much?
>>
For the banter
For the lols
For the memories
Because getting tipsy and making out with girls is fun, and then potentially sleeping with one

Not my fault you're autistic.
>>
>>24654225
>For the memories

Fuck off to instagram.

I can tell you're a white girl
>>
>>24654134
they're not normies

what weird, hardcore drug are you talking about here? Weed? Molly? Vodka Red Bulls?

The only sort-of hard drug that any real normie would be into would be speed.

>>24654150
Never saw D&D but I did see Carrie, both the original and remake.

No psychic murders or anything, but there was this one time where this beta of autistic betas was somehow invited to a pool party and some people were playing a retarded game called Dare or Dare, and one Stacey dared another Stacey to either kiss him open-mouth or to show her ass to everyone else.

She had a nice ass.

The other guy literally went home after that still in his bathing suit.
>>
>>24653692
It's to make connections

>You're all too drunk to make "connections"
Not everyone drinks to the point of non-communication
>>
>>24654211
Depends.

Some parties turn sour and awkward at merely the whisper of a buttterfly's fart, sometimes serious fights break out and people start pulling out knives and guns, sometimes the police get called for something as simple as noise pollution and you end up stuffing a felony's worth of pills in your ass in a hurry.

Others are genuinely no-bullshit fun.
>>
>>24653692
Not a normie but I enjoy it cause funny shit happens and you get drunk
>>
>>24654419
Then its not a real "party"

>>24654477
You are automatically a permanent normie if you've ever partied
>>
i like drinking and dancing and bullshitting with people. it's a normal part of going out. conversations are way easier when you're drunk with other people anyway
>>
>>24653692
cause the bants and also to escape shit existence ( though most normies dont even realize the latter)

Source:I'm a half normie
>>
>>24653692
If I want to do something well drunk or high I just do it. I don't think, I make each move in reaction to the last one. I'm not constantly thinking about 20 moves down and getting hung up on all the future factors involved when living in the current. I just act in improvisation, no plans, no feelings, just life. Now the good part is that I'm extremely competent in this state assuming I don't have any bullshit breaking into the drunk state that says no out of fear. There's no what if she doesn't like me or what if she rejects me, I just say hello and I go from there. Like there well drunk you're not a robot, you're a person.
>>
>>24654507
How would you know what a real party is if you've never been to one?
>>
>>24653692
all of their ways of entertaining themselves consists of some sort of dumbing down to enjoy
>>
the only reason to go to a party is to try and breed

there is nothing interesting about just hanging out with people that 80% you would fucking hate. Even going with your friends is boring because they'll consume some alcohol and become the most annoying fucking people in the world. Meanwhile alcohol is only enjoyable if you actually want to be there, if you want to get out it'll just make you miserable.

The only reason is to try and fuck chicks which you can only do if you're socially successful so if you're a loser dont bother going
>>
File: do not want.jpg (59 KB, 550x703) Image search: [Google]
do not want.jpg
59 KB, 550x703
>>24654644
>wanting a 16 year old drunk village whore to be the mother of your children

no.
>>
>>24654644
Whenever I drink alcohol at parties it doesn't feel like I'm drunk. I still feel sober even after 8 drinks.
>>
>>24653692

I drink XXXX Gold with me mates and sit around slinging bants at one another and most of the well-behaved guests are often put off by us but they just can't handle it if I'm being honest.
>>
>been to less than 10 parties
>tried really hard at first party to make friends
>realized I looked like a thirsty faggot because I only talked to girls since I don't know what to say to guys
>end up just talking to my one or two friends at the parties
>tfw sitting alone and the loneliness kicks in
I don't know how unattractive people enjoy this shit
There's always one guy (almost always indian) who goes around hitting on every girl and creeping them out
I don't want to be that guy and I know I'm not attractive enough to get a gf out of a party anyway
These things are rarely fun for me anymore
>>
>>24654870

The problem with this is people who have not been to or don't often go to parties think that the objective is to make new friends on your own.

I used to have a friend who would say like "why are you all just sitting together!? we need new friends." And he had the right idea but you don't just approach groups on your own and become a part of them, it doesn't work that way.

You hang out with your friends in your group and you spend the first few hours doing what you would regularly do but elsewhere, eventually this group will start to grow bigger and change as other people that you know start saying like "Oh wow haven't seen you in ages etc. etc." but then maybe one of your friends hasn't met this guy yet and they meet one another and it goes on and on.

People who go to parties simply to make new friends have the right intentions but often go about it wrong, friendships have to form naturally. Maybe join a game of beer pong that's a good way to introduce yourself to a new group.
>>
>>24654870
yeah parties are usually terrible places to make friends, people are extra more clique-y than usual for some reason.

My brother's GF had a house party and I was invited and some of my friends' friends were also her friends' friends and there were plenty of mutual friends and overlapping, but mostly everyone who knew each other all stuck with each other

now that I think more about it, every party ever that was more than two groups of friends was exactly like that.
>>
>>24654960
>yfw you realize that parties are the exact same thing as school yards during recess when you were like 7 years old, except that POGs (for oldfags) and pokemon/Yugi oh cards are beerpong and molly-snorting contests.
>>
>>24655106

They basically are and once everyone's had a few drinks there's none of that instinct to say to someone "oh no you're not allowed to play" people's worries about parties are fairly unfounded. What makes you stand-out more than anything is being afraid of standing out, you just go and drink some, talk to your mates and be a general chill cunt.

>>24655038

I agree that this does happen but this is usually due to like value differences.

For instance I live in North Queensland in Australia, which I guess you could say is kind of like Texas for Australia - Bogan = Redneck. The thing is people have a hard time understanding that whether you buy into the whole attitude of the region or not you can't help living where you live, so typical things from the culture will inevitably rub off on you.

For instance my friends and I drink and get a little rowdy and maybe with a few drinks you start to hear the sort of "oww ya fahckin goowinn mate?" sort of accent. We were at a party the other week the consisted of my group of friends and the friends of my mates girlfriend, who all come from like this specialized drama high school and have remained in that group since graduating. They're all very counter culture and against any kind of "boganisms" or whatever. But they can't see past the fact that if you live somewhere and you're unconcerned with class/propriety(??) you'll just talk how everyone else does and drink the same beer and all of that nonsense without having to really be a part of the whole "QUEENSLANDER!" or "FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL" typical sort of people that you do find all over the place.

So anyway I guess when two seemingly distinct groups come together in one place they'll just automatically reject the other one so bigger and more diverse parties work out a lot better than small gatherings with two different pools of guests.

... sorry for the accidental blog
>>
>>24655275
>tfw not australian
>ywn get to say something like "OI LUV MIND IF A SHOVE IT IN YA CLACKER?" to your ozzie gf
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.