[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any /lit/ bros here I'm a freshmen in college and I was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1367354609020.jpg (50 KB, 456x628) Image search: [Google]
1367354609020.jpg
50 KB, 456x628
Any /lit/ bros here

I'm a freshmen in college and I was wondering how to cite a work when you know the author, but the author is long dead (over 200 years) and the author's work has been uploaded on a website

I'm using MLA
>>
File: dead inside.png (32 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
dead inside.png
32 KB, 633x758
pls help.

I'm an autistic shut-in and I've already read purdue owl.
>>
Go to a writing center on your campus.
>>
>>24653587
It's closed and the essay is due midnight ;_;

halp
>>
Just put in an ISBN number from the book on amazon in easybib
>>
you woud just cite it as you normally would regardless of whether or not it's been uploaded.

As long as it isnt a source that is native to the internet you just cite it normally.

That's the rules for MHRA and APA though, i don't know about MLA.
>>
>>24653620
k senpai

thanks
>>
>>24653552
kek. i remember doing this shit. gave me anxiety attacks when i couldn't decide how to make proper citations.

sorryboutcha, kiddo
>>
>>24653552
>freshman in college
>doesn't know how to google

Riiiiggght. Go back and tell your middleschool teacher you had a bellyache so you couldn't do the assignment. Middleschool doesn't count for shit.
>>
>>24653939
>the internet has all the answers

Google isn't the deepweb. And yes, I've tried to limit my searches using the search tools option.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.