[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw told my father I had High Functioning Autism >tfw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10
File: kill pepe.jpg (16 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
kill pepe.jpg
16 KB, 300x299
>tfw told my father I had High Functioning Autism
>tfw he believed me

I told him this because I wanted him to feel sorry for me not having a job, instead of giving me shit.

His response:
>the key here is high functioning
>you ARE capable
>>
File: greetings-from-specialguy291.jpg (1 MB, 1879x1988) Image search: [Google]
greetings-from-specialguy291.jpg
1 MB, 1879x1988
would someone please fucking respond, I'm dying over here.
>>
You're not dying, you're just a little bitch.
>>
Obviously if no one is responding to your pitiful call for attention, no one gives a shit. Toughen up bro
>>
>>24651048

>high functioning

That's what you get for being a normie.
>>
that's when respond "no you"
>>
>>24651463
If I wanted attention, I'd be a dickhead on the internet.
>>
File: image.jpg (276 KB, 828x828) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
276 KB, 828x828
>>24651458
>>24651463
Holy shit normies normies everywhere GET OFF MY BOARD BULLY NORMIES YOURE TREADING ON SACRED ROBOT GROUND OUT OUT OUT!!!
>>
>>24651048
Maybe you do have it. My therapist is working with me on how to go against negative tendencies associated with autism. There's more to it than just stereotypes like 'normal person who can't read facial expressions'.
>>
>>24651048
Jesus OP get your shit together. Your father is trying to hold onto what little pride he can muster for you, while you whine about not wanting a job and getting shit because. Grow the fuck up senpai.
>>
File: actress-cate-blanchett.jpg (142 KB, 1600x1303) Image search: [Google]
actress-cate-blanchett.jpg
142 KB, 1600x1303
>>24651569
I've been to psychologists, psychiatrists before; no one has said anything.

I told my mom the same thing, and she just laughed.

>my dad thinks I'm retarded
>>
>>24651048
Never reveal your power level anon
>>
>>24651613
Who the fuck are you, dingus?
>>
>>24651546
Faggot my autistic sonic the hedgehog obsessed friend just got a fast food job. Is it gay? Yes. Is it easy and absolutely worth it? Fuck yes.
>>
File: extra-spacial feels bad.png (532 KB, 588x568) Image search: [Google]
extra-spacial feels bad.png
532 KB, 588x568
OP here

The charade continues.

I told him I have mild schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
>he believes me
>>
>>24651622
I just got diagnosed at 23 and I had been in therapy before.
>>
>>24651688
Next tell him you have a mad case of the gays, and the only treatment is a big fat meat injection in your ass.
Then slap him on the butt and say, "Ride 'em cowboy" and wink at him so hard that you shit a little.

He'll beat you so hard you never have to work again.
>>
>>24651688
Consider yourself checked

Btw I have also told my parents I think Im a Schizo in the last month, for pity points.

How old are you?
>>
>>24651720

>>24651717
My sister told my dad for shits that she was a dyke. Didn't go over well.

>>24651713
I've been in and out of therapist's offices since I was 8.
>>
File: Christmas!.png (50 KB, 950x300) Image search: [Google]
Christmas!.png
50 KB, 950x300
>>24651688

schizophrenia and bipolar disorder are impossible to have together

if you are "schizophrenic" and are exhibiting bipolar like mood swings and manic psychosis, it's called schizoaffective disorder
>>
One chance at life m8, one.

>mine Is not worth living
>>
>>24651758
Tell your dad you're a dyke then.
>>
>>24651717
>ontinues.
>I told him I h
underrated
>>
File: carlton.jpg (56 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
carlton.jpg
56 KB, 500x500
OP again.

Called him and confessed.
>he hung up on me
>>
>>24651935
>sent me a text
>everyone has issues
>find a way around or under your issues

My dad still thinks I'm retarded.
>>
>>24652030
Have you considered that you might just be?
>>
>>24652085
Yeah.

If that WERE true, though, I'd hop on the NEET bux train.
>>
>>24652105
So you're retarded, but not retarded enough to take advantage of it?

What a hell of a way to live.
>>
>>24652030
You are. You lied abouting being retarded to score pity points.

Pity points for what by the way? If you're not retarded there is no reason you should not have a job. He rightfully giving you shit. Even then he is still trying to encouragr to rise above your "fake" retardation.

OP is a shit
>>
>>24652132
No, I'd totally take advantage of it.

>>24652149
I don't like the idea of capitalism.
>>
>>24652132
Basically my life
>>
>>24651048
>Have father that believes in you and gives you support, tells you you ARE good enough, that you CAN succeed, that you ARE NOT a slave to whatever illness befalls you
>Complain on /r9k/ because all you wanted was an enabler to your mentality of taking no responsibility and shifting blame to something else
>>
>>24652541
Yeah, I wanted him to concede, and say it wasn't my fault that he thinks I'm a fuck up.
>>
File: 1447046186353.jpg (41 KB, 960x723) Image search: [Google]
1447046186353.jpg
41 KB, 960x723
Bruh you got a dad? NORMIE GET THE FUCK OUT
>>
>>24651048
Dude your dad is being sympathetic. If he put emphasis on the word "are" in that phrase too then that's definitely a sign of feeling sorry for you. If he didn't outright say he feels sorry for you then it's probably because he can't think to do anything other than try to motivate you. He thinks what he said could motivate you and he thinks it should make you feel better.

I mean look, you're getting upset that he told you something you didn't want to hear. So if I'm allowed to assume then the things he says matter to you, otherwise why would you approach him and feel so bad when he gives you shit about not having a job. Well he knows that too, and probably thought that you were doubting your capability to get a job. He was wanting for you to feel better about yourself by telling you that you are capable.

Cut him some slack, dude. You want him and other people do that for you since you have high functioning autism and thus it's hard for you to 'fit in' to neurotypical people's society because it's hard for you to understand interacting with them. And likewise it's hard for them to understand the ways you interact with people and the ways you think. You see? He can't be perfect.
>>
>>24652739
That's fucking gay, shut up.
>>
>>24652781
Fuck you, hoe, your mom's gay. If you're OP then I just hope you can realize that from what's been said your father sounds like a good person and that you reach some state of mental comfort soon. Have a good day and a good life.
>>
>>24652905
Your definition of good is skewed.
>>
>>24652194
>I don't like the idea of capitalism.
I bet you like the idea of eating and having somewhere to live, though.
>>
>>24652942
Your conformity is how the powers that be perpetuate your slavery. Good job
>>
>>24652959
What are you, some 16-year-old marxist? Fuck off back to Reddit.
>>
>>24652923
Good isn't a word that needs defining. Everyone knows what good means because it's subjective, a feeling. The description of Father makes me feel as though he could be a good person. Is he not a good person?
>>
File: Emperor_Palpatine.png (158 KB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
Emperor_Palpatine.png
158 KB, 360x270
>>24652980
No, I'm a big boy in law school.

>>24652986
Obviously, in your case; you need defining.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.