[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are we living in the most irrelevant time period in all of human
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: 1448673354105.gif (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1448673354105.gif
29 KB, 633x758
are we living in the most irrelevant time period in all of human history?
>>
File: 1447015889081.jpg (442 KB, 670x902) Image search: [Google]
1447015889081.jpg
442 KB, 670x902
>>24649284
Nah. There's the technological revolution happening now. That's a pretty big deal I guess.
>>
>>24649284
In all of human history? Very hard to tell.
In recent history? Fuck yes.
>>
>tfw the last anything was relevant in my life was 1997-2000.

I feel like i'm frozen in time here, everything got shittier over 2000-2009 and just got worse after 2010. I just want to live in a dystopian cyberpunk universe, is that too much to ask for?!

Song related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91w6Q2tytLc
>>
>>24649322
smart phones and high definition tvs. fucking great.
>>
You'd need to be loving under a rock to think such an absurd thin
>>
>>24649284
nah it's so relevant

it shows that people are gross pieces of shit despite living in complete comfort
>>
>irrelevant

The majority of the world's leaders are in Paris trying to come up with ways to slow down global warming.
>>
>>24649284
Are you completely unaware of the new civil rights movement that's underway
>>
File: dimepiece.jpg (172 KB, 1374x664) Image search: [Google]
dimepiece.jpg
172 KB, 1374x664
Why would you think that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjxAArOkoA0
>>
>>24649284
It's about as relevant as 4th century Rome
>>
>>24649350
KMFDM is great, anon. One of my favorite bands, one of my favorite albums.
>>
File: 0bdop57.jpg (148 KB, 918x687) Image search: [Google]
0bdop57.jpg
148 KB, 918x687
Who cares
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF9lNshC9_s
>>
Hopefully WWIII happens soon
>>
This decade is basically 1980s: The sequel

The 2000s were very similar to the 1970s because looking back at those decades make you think wtf were we thinking back then.
>>
>>24649350
>I just want to live in a dystopian cyberpunk universe
You already are. This is it.
>>
You're witnessing the birth of meme culture friend.

It seems irrelevant now, but it will be taught in history books as the new age of humanity
>>
>>24649350

The future cyberpunk dystopia will most likely sound like this .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiojdDs8wwk
>>
>>24649284
No, you were born just in time to witness the point where humanity evolves into two completely different species: tumblr and /r9k/ on one side, and Instagram and Facebook on the other.
>>
>>24649367
Not sure about HDTV, but smartphones are a really big deal. It's a computer that you carry in your packet you can use to communicate with nearly anyone in the world.
>>
>>24649398

Lol @ Sexual revolution starting in 1955 when everyone was a hoe since the beginning of time
>>
>>24649444
This is the stupidest cyberpunk future ever, trips-kun.
>>
>>24649397
10/10
made me kek, good work.
>>
I think we are just too removed from all the happenings of the world. It has always been the normies who have made the times as they are, we are just spectators here.
>>
We need another big war so I can get shot or blown up and die with some kind of honor rather than blow my brains out in front of my monitor with my pants around my ankles
>>
>>24649284
Are you fucking stupid?

There are two major ways history can go. Either we move forward, solve the energy crisis, don't nuke ourselves, become a multi-planet civilization, etc.
Or we fuck up our environment, start nuclear war, kill ourselves, robots take over, an asteroid strikes etc.

In the "good ending" version of humanity's future, this era right now will go down as the beginning of the tech era, the first era of mass saved information, saved digital media. People will look back at this era as the beginning of the internet era and will display our media; the pictures we took, the videos we shot, the shitposts we made as "where it all began".

In the "bad ending" version, we're among the final generations who could have saved things and instead fucked up the planet and ruined things for future generations. We're the Ptolemies of Egypt, the 5th century western Romans bickering amongst each other as the empire fell, the Chinese emperors who called the fleets back and melted the weapons, except x100 because we didn't just fuck up one race or one nation but the entire planet.

I can't believe people think this era is "irrelevant". This is the single most pivotal and interesting era of history ever. You just can't see it because you spend your time on a Cambodian coupon clipping board.
>>
>>24649504
>we are just spectators here.
That's a pretty good way to look at it.
>>
>>24649580
I agree with you. Not only do we have so much saved information, it's also nearly completely decentralized, preventing another Library of Alexandria type situation.
>Cambodian coupon clipping board.
This never gets old.
>>
>>24649504
This

There have always robots throughout history, we just have the ability to join forces and collborate through the Internet while they were isolated in bedrooms and libraries.

Beta uprising soon
>>
>>24649493
If it's not happening now, it'll be happening in the coming years. Black Lives Matters as a movement is growing, and changes are certainly going to come from it
>>
>>24649504
This

It's the same as consiracyfags that wish that the world end simply because their lives suck.

Live your lives, robots. Stop waiting for the 'happening'. The race war will NEVER come. The fema camps will NEVER come. Nibiru will NEVER come.
>>
No, the end is neigh brother

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/11/11/watch-anti-migrant-video-going-viral-across-europe/
>>
File: londonfire.jpg (128 KB, 1080x785) Image search: [Google]
londonfire.jpg
128 KB, 1080x785
>>24649580
>robots take over
uprising confirmed

pic related is a real snapshot btw.
>>
>>24649655
So how long before straight white men are hunted to extinction?
>>
>>24649783
Well the blacks are still going through the extinction process. The whites are next. I guess Asians will rule the world.
>>
>any time where technology is advancing
>irrelevant
you'll find out when you leave middle school faggot
>>
File: Kal Jericho.png (1 MB, 1007x738) Image search: [Google]
Kal Jericho.png
1 MB, 1007x738
>>24649444
I would argue that we're more at the HR Giger stage where we are all just sucking machine dicks because we're mindless materialistic consumers or "atomkinder" as Giger put it.

I need a Necromundan Hive city where humanity has for most part united to fight aliens with the occasional power struggle between house gangs.

>>24649463
Fair choice, I would also accept most tracks by Spor.
>>
>>24649836
I don't mind that. At least they won't be ugly like blacks are. And top it off, asians in general are the most racist towards blacks. They look down upon dating, marrying and having kids with blacks.

Now I am suddenly wondering why that is.
>>
>>24650146
Asians in generally, and especially the Chinese and Japanese, have a long streak of xenophobia. China has yet to grow out of the belief that the world revolves around their nation.
>>
>>24649367
Smartphones are revolutionary, if you're too short-sighted to see the implications of this technology that's your own problem. We're also undergoing an A.I. revolution with Deep Learning that will absolutely change the world in the next 15 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_Wgc1JOsBk

Not to mention the groundbreaking new CRISPR-Cas9 genetic engineering technique that deserves a Nobel Prize in my opinion. We're also on our way to eradicate extreme poverty in the world. We're living in a pivotal moment in human history that will forever shape the destiny of the planet.
>>
>Governments resorted to attacking their own countries
>technology explosion
>Syrian conflict heating up
>media becoming a parody of itself

There has been more happening in the past 20 years than the 20 years before that or virtually any 20 year period before 1880
>>
>>24650172
African men are taking chinese wives in china and Chinese men are taking african wives in africa.

Japan is a dying nation, their birthrate are the lowest in asia. They are expected to have a population of around 97 mil in about 35 years.
>>
>>24650272
Yeah it actually seriously bugs me how people shit on smartphones. This is literally Star Trek shit. People are always like "hurrrr future sucks, where's my hoverboard, durrrr no jetpack no future, hrrrduuuuuuh no flying cars???"

But we fucking put the entirety of human knowledge accessible to you at almost any time, any place (as long as you don't have T-Mobile). Any video taken ever, you can load it up wireless and watch it. Any song recorded, any speech ever recorded, you can have it in a couple minutes. 90% of all the written material in the world, you got it. You can have it right now.

This shit is astounding and it's SO astounding that people are just used to it.
>>
>>24649284
>automation slowly putting people out of work
>autos about to put tens of millions out
>soon general purpose robots and software problems will put out hundreds of millions

There's software out there to replace accountants, and it's almost ready for market. Entire departments will be replaced with only a few humans looking over everything. Warehouses are gone. Shipping is gone. We're about to see a massive economic revolution. You cannot sustain our current way of life so many people are simply unemployable, when there's only so many jobs because jobs are now so efficient.
>>
>>24650310
>African men are taking chinese wives in china
Oh boy, should someone tell him?

Due to the 1 child policy there's a huge shortage of Chinese women. They're basically princesses in Chinese culture. There isn't a huge population of random Africans coming in and marrying into Chinese society. I'm sure it happens from time to time, especially if the guy is rich or something but saying that this is something that happens as a matter of course shows you know absolutely nothing about China.

It isn't even racism (although China has a shit ton of that), it's basic supply and demand.
>>
File: 1408894540086.jpg (103 KB, 600x844) Image search: [Google]
1408894540086.jpg
103 KB, 600x844
>>24649284
Not irrelevant but certainly not optimal.

I think it's important to note that when you look at our time period and see how humans are behaving in contrast to how we used to behave, it's an incredibly important time in history simply because of the social changes we've gone through in such a short amount of time.

We're in the absolute pinnacle of technological advancement that we've ever seen in our history, we're seamlessly connected to a world of computers and social media, and it's a near guarantee that no information will ever be lost again simply because of everything being saved.

Now, on the flip side of that that the little millennial shits don't seem to understand is that this isn't necessarily a good thing. Essentially, "nothing" IS happening and that's what's so fucking disgusting about this period of history. We have the entire world at our fingertips, we've never had so much access to information and knowledge available to the public, and yet there has never been a time of such active ignorance that its' sickening.

Only a very very very select few people are actually doing anything to push humanity forward and for what? So people can get pissed off at what someone said on Kekbook? So miserable neets can post epin pepe's on a Columbian Stamp Collecting image board? So we can keep useless retards and disease spreading faggots alive with more and more advancements in medicine and science? The people trying so hard to give humanity a bit of goodness that can enrich their lives is ruined by the very people they're trying to help from them constantly taking.

We're just as selfish and shitty as a race as we've ever been. We've just given every single one of us a soap box to feed our egos.
>>
>robots about to replace jobs by the millions
>inconsequential

Yes, the first era in human history where there simply isn't enough work to be done and people are unemployable is "irrelevant".
>>
>>24649284
I wouldn't say that but I know that I'll be an irrelevant part of human history.

Had I been born earlier maybe I would've actually been of some use to society.
>>
>>24649284
I don't think so, kiddo. Aliens will be here at 2019. You better become vegan until there.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.