[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where were you when mentally-ill trannies were BTFO? https:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 19
File: depression scan.jpg (14 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
depression scan.jpg
14 KB, 400x400
Where were you when mentally-ill trannies were BTFO?

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn28582-scans-prove-theres-no-such-thing-as-a-male-or-female-brain/
>>
File: trannies.png (205 KB, 1479x2396) Image search: [Google]
trannies.png
205 KB, 1479x2396
>>24646134
TRANNIES (EVEN MORE) ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>24646134
Science is misogynist desu
>>
The "they have a female brain" meme was annoying me, mostly because it too big a leap from what actual studies found. But in general a few studies doesn't make for a very strong case so be wary of this regardless of whether it fits your own ideas.
>>
Why are you obsessed with trannies enough to try to "haha! Gotcha!" them?

>in twin studies of transgender patients, 33% had an identical twin who was also transgender, supporting a biological basis for gender identity

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/840538

Your OP article does nothing to disprove that gender identity comes from neurology, it just disproves that females and males aren't functionally much differemt neurologically.
>>
>>24646347
>identical twin
>raised by the same parents in the same enviroment

That's not a bias at all.
>>
Uh did you even read the rest of the article? It says there are very FEW differences and goes on to basically fully support trans and says the division between female and male brains is so insignificant it doesn't tie any gender down to being a certain way. All this does is give trans people more ground to stand on, and this time it's science backing them up and not tumblr. Grow up.
>>
>>24646394
Nope they includes twins raised by separate parents--still had a 33% comorbidity.
>>
>>24646347
>a biological basis for gender identity
>Breaking news: identical twins tend to be identical

mental illnesses also have a basis in biology and are more often than not shared by twin sinblings.

The entire premise of trans validation was that they have the "right brain in the wrong body" which is a completely false premise. There is no such thing as a female or male brain.
>>
>>24646408
>the division between female and male brains is so insignificant it doesn't tie any gender down to being a certain way.

the basis of being trans is that being male & female are night and day, and that they wish that they were the other one.

Trans people don't wish they were a non-gender, they wish they were the opposite gender and their only claim is "muh brain".
>>
>>24646414
how the fuck are they getting sufficient sample sizes they're can't be that many twin trannies available to them
>>
>>24646134
So does that mean that gender is a societal construct?
>>
>>24646459
You're making too bold of a statement here. You cant extrapolate from the article in the OP that there isnt a part of the brain that produces gender identity. All you can extrapolate is that males and females don't have many structural differences

And btw you assblasted fag i also dont think the evidence is there to say that there are male-female gender identity parts in brains so quit strawmanning me as the trannies you despise for whatever reason
>>
>>24646134
>le female brain

https://gendertrender.wordpress.com/2015/11/26/we-refer-to-this-as-having-a-girl-brain/
>>
>>24646518
http://www.hawaii.edu/PCSS/biblio/articles/2010to2014/2013-transsexuality.html
>inb4 butthurt fags who cant into stats complain about this sample size
>>
>>24646134
Then why are girls such fucking retards?
>>
I'm pretty skeptical. This reeks of feminism and doctored data to fit a narrative.

Women were tired of seeing irrefutable evidence that men are better than them at literally anything and everything so now they decide to say there is no difference between men and women and they are literally exactly the same so male accomplishments are essentially female accomplishments.

There is without a doubt male brains and female brains. Superior and inferior. Duality is the nature of the universe. Men are the universal good, women the universal evil. Can men have a little bit of evil in them? Yes, feminine men exist. This does not disprove the existence of these stark sexual differences though. Rather, it supports it.
>>
>>24646564
>You cant extrapolate from the article in the OP that there isnt a part of the brain that produces gender identity.

I never said that, of course it's all in the brain. That doesn't make it true or a valid state of being. Depression is in the brain, schizophrenia is in the brain, autism is in the brain, etc.

>All you can extrapolate is that males and females don't have many structural differences

Which is what being a tranny is all about.
>>
>>24646600

It's a combination of magic and coincidences on a cosmic level. Men and women are literally exactly the same but because of some supernatural forces at work women suck at everything despite being basically men with vaginas(and vaginas are literally exactly the same thing as penises).
>>
>>24646584
I'm not opening your link faggot spoonfeed me the stats
>>
>>24646603
I'm sure you have your own studies then, that have eliminated any of your doubt.

Please, share them with the rest of the class.
>>
>>24646665
No being a tranny is about wanting opposite sex hormones. Some trannies will say its about how they act but thats flat out wrong its all about what sexual dimorphism makes them comfortable physically
>>
>>24646665
>autism is in the brain
...and is also untreatable and thus we work around this
You literally just cornered yourself. If trannies = autism then they cant be cured psychologically and the best way to help them is to make things fit with their neuro
>>
>>24646705
I guess, but also throwing up and not eating is what makes anorexics physically comfortable, but there's not an entire PC industry that orbits around giving gastric bypass operations to anorexic people and people telling them that they look absolutely totally 100% naturally healthy.
>>
>>24646760
Anorexics have treatment routes that work, and the physical harm caused by hrt is nil compared to stomach banding a skeleton person (voluntary infertility vs voluntary malnutrition and death)
>>
File: 1433927273731.jpg (6 KB, 215x211) Image search: [Google]
1433927273731.jpg
6 KB, 215x211
>>24646215
>(EVEN MORE)
FUCKIN' KEK
>>
File: coy mathis.png (611 KB, 1198x773) Image search: [Google]
coy mathis.png
611 KB, 1198x773
>>24646754
>nitpicking one example

okay I can do that too.

I guess we can't treat schizophrenia so we should allow schizophrenics to murder their landlord because they're convinced that they're putting listening devices in their potted plants, and that would make them feel physically comfortable and make things fit with their neuro.

These people are being treated like they're on their deathbed and the only thing left to do is pump them full of morphine until they die, and some of them are literal kids.
>>
>>24646563
Yes and no. It means that the physical brain is not all that different, but how the physical brain manifests itself is significant enough to alter the bone structure/other physical features that largely dictate which individual is more suited towards physical activity/suited towards one "area" of "expertise" than the other.
Gender norms are a socio-biological construct that both genders/sexes agreed upon when it was convenient for them to do so.
>source: straight outta my ass :^)
>>
>gender roles are forced by culture, women can be anything they want
>but this guy is a woman because he wears a dress, because that is what a woman is, a person who wears a dress
>>
Normal people don't have a 44% suicide rate. The normal counter argument for this is saying "They're oppressed and feel alienated". I'm sure this doesn't help, but then why didn't the gays all start killing themselves? Or the blacks in america? They where treated way worse than just not being able shit in their proffered bathrooms. Btw I'm not saying we should fuck over trans people, I just don't think we should normalize mental illness.
>>
>>24646798
>the physical harm caused by hrt is nil

it's irreversible.

Or is there some sort of advanced fake-vagina-undoing & penis-growing science out there that I'm not aware of?
>>
File: 1342844454555.jpg (92 KB, 828x811) Image search: [Google]
1342844454555.jpg
92 KB, 828x811
Dude OP, this BTFOs humanity as a whole, not just mentally disordered trannies.

>women being shit drivers
>men being better at math/science
>women being better caretakers

All lies if the male/female brain is the same shit.
>>
>>24646134
Did you even read the article you fucking idiot?
It doesn't even prove that female and male brains aren't a thing, just that they aren't 100% binary.
If anything it proves trans people can be a thing by proving that brains can be either feminized or masculinised depending on development.
>>
>>24646882
>women being shit drivers

>Many more men than women die each year in motor vehicle crashes.
>http://www.iihs.org/iihs/topics/t/general-statistics/fatalityfacts/gender

Whoops, huh anon?

and like the article said, those are cultural factors.
>>
>>24646894
No one wants to be trans, not even trans people, they want to the other binary. Which is the entire point.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (30 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
30 KB, 400x400
>mfw i triggered some americans for describing transsexualism as a mental illness

it's not an insult.

depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsion, etc. etc. are also mental illnesses.

they're ailments of the mind which cause extreme distress: of the mind + illness = mental illness.

why is this even controversial?
>>
The actual paper;

>http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2015/11/24/1509654112.abstract?sid=ee07824b-9630-4d1e-9139-c79fb2dba8cb
>Sex beyond the genitalia: The human brain mosaic
>Here we show that, although there are sex/gender differences in brain and behavior
>Rather, most brains are comprised of unique "mosaics" of features, some more common in females compared with males, some more common in males compared with females, and some common in both females and males
>Our study demonstrates that, although there are sex/gender differences in the brain, human brains do not belong to one of two distinct categories: male brain/female brain

This paper is feminist nonsense. It contradicts itself, and attempts to argue that since brains vary along more than such one axis - sexually - that the sexual differences don't exist. Since it doesn't deny sexual brain dimorphism, it does nothing but affirm the earlier studies that indicate transsexuals as having brains belonging to the sex they espouse.

You're posting this on the eve of true sex changes - soon, we'll be growing and transplanting ovaries, wombs and vaginas. Bone printers will allow skeletal reconstruction, and telomere elongation will provide youthful hormone sensitivity, and thus youthful hair, skin and fat distribution.

There's really nothing to argue about - the transsexuals are getting everything they want, and once the treatments become the common cure for GID in early life (Why not? You could turn someone back into a male.) society will come to accept gender confusion among young people. It's a release valve - anyone who doesn't conform to stereotypes will be told to change sex. In South Africa, SRS was supposedly forcibly done to gay military personnel. In Iran, the entire idea is to make gayness impossible by definition.

Which is why feminists really oppose transsexuals. Non-traditional gender roles are supported only by a tiny minority of people from certain generations - boomers and such.
>>
>>24646837
Schizophrenia is treatable
>comparing murder to hormones
No they are not being treated like they are on their death bed, theyre being treated like the gender they identify as. Which works pretty effectively in bottoming out those suicide rates (20% decrease for trannies who have accepting social groups) and thus making them healthy and productive
>>
>>24646882
>Although the team only looked at brain structure, and not function

Oh darn, I guess they twarted us by looking at the sizes of the various regions of the brains rather than the wiring of the various genders. Size doesn't mean shit if what makes gender unique is the wiring. All they did was try to make their study not seem like a complete waste of time when they realized "huh, all the brains look da same and they aren't different sizes like we assumed!"

You realize all those traits are based on wiring and not size of the brain correct?
>>
>>24646693 The study says 100% of trannies love dick and 100% of those trannies in the sample are confirmed faggots
>>
>>24646950
>anyone who doesn't conform to stereotypes will be told to change sex

pretty revolting prospect tbqh
>>
>>24646584
I went to the beach and scooped up a cup of water from the ocean. There were no fish in it so we can conclude that there are no fish in the ocean.
>inb4 butthurt fags who cant into stats complain about this sample size
>>
>what is epigenetics : the thread
>>
I don't think it's a coincidence that every MTF I've ever known has been a big fan of K-On!.
>>
>"We need to start thinking a lot more carefully about how much weight we give to gender as a defining feature of human beings, and stop asking for it in situations where it simply isn't relevant," says Barker.

Fuckin church.
>>
>>24647021
Please tell me you're not being serious
>>
>tfw there is a whole pseudoscienctific theory of "gender" being separate from biological sex just because trannies are fucked in the head
>>
>>24646134
>Where were you when mentally-ill trannies were BTFO?

That pretty much entirely supports the trannies point of view, OP. It hints that brain structure is not strictly tied to genitals, which is pretty much the entire tranny viewpoint.

It also says "on average" there ARE male and female brains (so the title is deliberately misleading clickbait). But you just aren't guaranteed to have any particular features.

>Retards who can't read or comprehend commenting in this thread
>>
>>24646966
>transgenderism isn't treatable

since you see into the future, can you also tell me this week's winning lottery numbers?
>>
>>24647169
Isn't treatable as of the last 4 decades of study on the subject
>>
>>24647148
>That pretty much entirely supports the trannies point of view

Then why are they always memeing about having "female brain"?
>>
>>24646947
Because clearly, their only problem is society and discrimination. That's like calling gingers mentally ill!
>>
>>24647190
Yeah, and it took 3000+ years of studying for human to understand and treat diabetes, doesn't make it untreatable.
>>
>>24647082
I'm not being serious.
>>
>>24647148
Okay lets say its a spectrum and everyone usually falls somewhere in between. If you are a man stuck in a woman's body, or vice versa, and you have the choice between your current shitty body positivity-tier body and gross hon/fat justin bieber, wouldn't you just stay the way you are and count your losses?

I guess if you pass who cares but it is all about superficial bullshit any way you put it. Because if we're all a little bit of both then the problem are the destructive stereotypes.
>>
File: 1442777990700.png (12 KB, 657x557) Image search: [Google]
1442777990700.png
12 KB, 657x557
>>24646134
But females have a certain skull structure where the brain needs to fit in how does that make sense?
>>
>>24647313
>count your losses

If this isn't bait: the phrase is "cut your losses", meaning one is mitigating the damage

If this is bait: good work, you provoked me to reply
>>
>>24646872
That's not what HRT is. HRT is taking hormones and anti-androgens.
>>
That article is retarded. No one ever said there are discrete differences between the male and female brain. It's always been the case that men and women are, on average, different, not that every woman is a certain way and every man is a certain way. Men are on average taller than women, but that doesn't mean that every man is taller than every woman. The existence of that average is what tells us there are meaningful differences between the male and female brain, not comparing individuals.
>>
>>24646563
No gender is biological, it is based on whether you have a penis(male) or vagina(female). And no a hole where your penis used to be is not a vagina. Also hermaphrodites are defects like how downies are defects.
>>
>>24646134
>MtF
>"she" wears high heels and dresses with rainbow stockings and fake nails & the finest make-up
>"she" is into baking and shopping and knitting and fashion and house-keeping
>"her" bedroom is covered with unicorns and Disney princesses and pink glitter

>FtM
>"he" is into WWE Wrestling, trucks and SUVs and ATVs, UFC & MMA fighting, heavy metal and gangster rap music, shooting guns, and lots and lots of lifting at the gym
>"he" is always dressed in tank tops to show off his manly, ripped muscles, and slightly-ripped & worn-out jeans to show that he works a lot with his hands.

>gender is a social construct and sex is a meme

Then why is there never a trans* person who just puts on a hat and calls it a day, how come they always end up being living caricatures of what they think women/men are like. Like if you ask a 13 year old what they think the other gender is into and how they act and talk, it's pretty much the same thing.
>>
Why do you guys get so wound up about what people want to be?
>>
>>24647368
and that's not "passing" either, is it now?
>>
>>24646572
Are you agreeing with those commenters? They seem like a bunch of loudly exasperated retards who know nothing about neuroscience but are butthurt about trans implications for gender equivalence.
>>
>>24647436
White people, and most people, are defects too but we just call them "happy accidents"
>>
>>24647465
Why do people get so wound up over what people think of them?
>>
>>24647529
Your probably right. I mostly added that because of the inevitable
>b-but hemaphrodites
>>
>>24647529
By that logic humanity as a whole is an accident.
It is, by the way.
>>
>>24647446
>>Then why is there never a trans* person who just puts on a hat and calls it a day, how come they always end up being living caricatures of what they think women/men are like. Like if you ask a 13 year old what they think the other gender is into and how they act and talk, it's pretty much the same thing.
I'm MtF, and I love cars and motorsports, don't wear high heels, don't wear makeup, can't even cook scrambled eggs or bake any kind of cake, my bedroom and flat are covered with nothing other than furniture, clothes, my computery things and various miscellaneous things. I also swear like it's going out of fashion, wear trainers 80% of the time and normally slob around in mens trousers because them being a bit baggy hides my lack of hips. Just because the only transsexuals you notice are horrendous stereotypes doesn't mean we all are.

>>24647465
Because some people are bitter and full of hate and can't let other people be happy. Also because UUURRRGGHHH WE DON'T UNDERSTAND IT AND IT FREAKS US OUT WAAAAH

>>24647468
I pass fine and have had no surgery and don't intend to seek it. Only two things from HRT are irreversable - boob and infertility. The boobs could be removed surgically, and whether you remain infertile forever is very much an individual thing.
>>
>>24647516
I didn't read the comments, but it does seem like a bit of cognitive dissonance to be all progressive and all-inclusive and politically-correct, and yet to be talking of the elusive "female brain", that presumably operates on pure hysteria and gets easily distracted by shiny things like diamonds and unicorns.
>>
>>24647446
Yeah what the fuck is with this, so many of them seem to define womanhood or manhood as acting up to stereotypes. Shouldn't this be considered counter-productive for those who want to break down "gender roles" and shit like that?
>>
>>24646134
The study admits there are general trends in sexual brain differences, but because few people lie on complete masculine or feminine extremes, they say there is no difference between masculine and feminine brains. That's a horrible conclusion. A general difference exists, but it's a spectrum. This does not mean no difference exists. Trans people still have ground to stand on and so do misogynists. People with an agenda are seeing what they want to see as usual.
>>
>>24647613
>I have a penis and don't wear high heels, don't wear makeup and wear trainers 80% of the time and normally slob around in mens trousers because them being a bit baggy hides my lack of hips, but I pass fine as a woman

I'm sorry, what?
>>
>>24647730
I think it's bait but I can't tell anymore.
>>
>>24647613
>I'm MtF, and I love cars and motorsports, don't wear high heels, don't wear makeup, can't even cook scrambled eggs or bake any kind of cake, my bedroom and flat are covered with nothing other than furniture, clothes, my computery things and various miscellaneous things. I also swear like it's going out of fashion, wear trainers 80% of the time and normally slob around in mens trousers because them being a bit baggy hides my lack of hips. Just because the only transsexuals you notice are horrendous stereotypes doesn't mean we all are.
lol what the fuck, at least those supereffeminate trannies have an excuse because they must feel like the only way to pursue girly things is by literally turning into a woman. What's your excuse? I mean, you don't even have a fake vagina and don't even bother to act like a woman. What the fuck makes you a woman by any stretch?
>>
so girls don't real and they just decided to do all the shit they do for lulz? shit like makeup, dieting, tans, hair dye, skirts, etc. i know those aren't mutually exclusive with gender but like what. So stupid, of course girls have "girl brains" try and picture what it would be like to be a girl right now, it's just each individual brain has their own opinions and ideas and preferences and those don't have genders? wowowowow science
>>
>>24647663
You sound like one of them. There may be sexual brain differences. If you're afraid of the implications, it doesn't matter. They will become well known and you'll have to deal with people knowing the truth. Do you want science to lie to people so you can keep believing a fantasy?
>>
http://www.pnas.org/content/105/30/10273.full

>tl;dr = OP is wrong
>>
>>24647730
>>24647752

It's a bit of a paradox I guess because trannies HAVE to turn up what they perceive as femininity/masculinty all the way up to 11, 100% of the time, as it's the only way to pass and first impressions are ever-lasting - while they also talk of gender being a fluid social construct.
>>
>>24647663
>and yet to be talking of the elusive "female brain", that presumably operates on pure hysteria and gets easily distracted by shiny things like diamonds and unicorns.
That's not what they really mean by male or female brain, it's that the brain has a 'body map' that corresponds to a male or female body and thus the brain, on a subconscious level, gets distressed and confused by having the 'wrong' hormones pumped through it and genitals/secondary sexual characteristics being in the wrong place

>>24647730
HRT is magic, yo. I take good care of my hair (and it's in an obviously feminine cut), I have nicely sized boobs, really good skin, a face that's always been soft and fairly feminine (pretty much at least 50%+ of ciswomen have more masculine jawlines/faces than me) and thighs that are wide and curvy that compensate somewhat for my narrowish hips

>>24647781
If someone born with a vagina acted exactly like I did, you wouldn't start calling them a man. What does "acting" like a woman entail to you that isn't just a bullshit stereotype?

>>24647752
baka desu senpai
>>
>>24647831
When you've had to repress something your entire life, when you first start being able to explore it freely, you often turn it up to 11. That's why you get 50 year old hons wearing mini-skirts and hooker makeup, and teenagers acting like stereotypes - just like regular teenagers they'll either settle down as they grow up, or act like spoiled children for eternity
>>
File: pronouns.jpg (36 KB, 375x306) Image search: [Google]
pronouns.jpg
36 KB, 375x306
>>24647813
>Do you want science to lie to people so you can keep believing a fantasy?

I can't tell which side of the issue you're on if you're going to be saying something like that
>>
>>24647834
That body map stuff is underdetermined nonsense. The body builds the brain, and the brain is plastic enough to conform to it. Trans people mistakenly believe in some kind of mind/body dualism when their body, brain included, is all one system operating holistically.
>>
>>24647834
>If someone born with a vagina acted exactly like I did, you wouldn't start calling them a man.
You're right I wouldn't, because they have a vagina. Being a biological female is what a woman is. You're not a female, you're not even a caricature of a female, so by what measure are you a woman at all?
>>
>>24646600
They have 12% smaller brain on average.
>>
>>24647834
>my hair is an obviously feminine cut

what

why?

how?

Is it struggling to get into the STEM industry? Is that how it's obviously feminine? What do you mean?
>>
>>24647834
About the whole stereotype thing: the why have a "feminine" haircut? Or since you don't care about stereotypes, why do the change anyways? I'm not the guy you replied to but I don't get it. Why change? What makes one think they should be in a female or male body other than stereotypes (which they try to abolish)? I'm just trying to wrap my head around this whole trans thing
>>
Did this REALLY need scientific experiments? Honestly? Have we gotten to that point in our cultures where we think that our system of gender roles is representative of real biological differences between the sexes beyond physical strength?

What the fuck would make anyone think that men and women have different brains? All perceived differences in male and female psychology is clearly a product of culture.
>>
>>24646910
>Men typically drive more miles than women
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>24648033
>evolution stopped at the neck.
>>
>>24646134
>no such thing as male or female brain
>between 0 and 8 percent of people had all female or all male brains
>no such thing

click bait article
nice try
>>
>>24647907
>I have already decided that transwomen are not women and that sex and gender are the same thing, so please justify yourself to me so I can tell you why you're wrong
Nah m8, I'll pass thanks. I know I'm a woman, and unless you're someone who has been invited into my trousers or I've opened up to about it, that's all you'd know as well.

>>24647948
>Being this dim
Anon, I.....

>>24647951
I like my hair. It's my favourite part of me so I treat it with respect (also it's a lot harder to pass if you're bald :^)) And it was because I was fundamentally distressed by possessing male secondary sex characteristics and having to "be the man" or conform to whatever bullshit stereotypes my backwards local area had for boys. Getting the correct hormones into me so I could develop boobs, softer skin, less hair in the wrong places, less sex drive/erections/no ejaculate and allowing me to come to terms with who I was and what I wanted allowed me to be at peace with myself. I genuinely am a woman who had the misfortune of a terrible birth defect where they had XY chromosomes (and that's what transsexualism is - a neruological birth defect) and a penis and there's nothing I can do about that other than be true to myself and live my life how I want. Also if I could wave a wand and swap my dick for a vagina I totally fucking would, but I'm not paying 20-40k of my own money to have a functional organ that doesn't bother me as much as it used to anymore and that I can derive pleasure from, rerranged into something that requires constant care and attention via surgery that could kill me or leave me with zero feeling in my genitals
>>
>>24648033
>CAPITALIZING for EMPHASIS like an INDIGNANT tumblrite
>four angry questions followed by an unsubstantiated sentence demonstrating your point (instead of just demonstrating your point)
Jesus you're obnoxious. If you read the study, it says that general neurological gender differences exist.
>This means that, averaged across many people, sex differences in brain structure do exist, but an individual brain is likely to be just that: individual, with a mix of features
Did you really think that the female brain was just an 18% smaller perfectly faithful replica of the male one?
>>
File: apocalypse.jpg (97 KB, 662x786) Image search: [Google]
apocalypse.jpg
97 KB, 662x786
>>24646134
Lmao more bullshit

>Men and women are exactly the same! Even though they behave completely different and this can be observed. Uhh just blame it on muh social construct
>>
>>24648131
You sound cute I'd fuck you don't reply to this post
>>
>>24646947
because you dared them to exit their safe space and disrupted their idea of what the world is
>>
>>24648131
>Nah m8, I'll pass thanks. I know I'm a woman, and unless you're someone who has been invited into my trousers or I've opened up to about it, that's all you'd know as well.
Define what a woman is you nigger. What makes you a woman and doesn't make me a woman?
>>
>>24648094
Evolution at this point is a buzzword especially when used by pseudo-scientists such as yourself.

>>24648136
Can you prove it isn't?
>>
File: spurdo.png (5 KB, 419x249) Image search: [Google]
spurdo.png
5 KB, 419x249
>>24648131
>I know I'm a woman

>pic related, it's a meme
>Being this dim
>Anon, I.....

No seriously, what. What is it? You have long hair? Guys can't have long hair all of a sudden? Girls can't have short hair or even a shaved head? I've seen tons of attractive girls with short or no hair at all.

Maybe you're not going 100% into the gender caricature, as you seem to be claiming, but you're still reinforcing negative gender stereotypes that aren't even your own.
>>
>>24647828
>sexual orientation
I don't think that's what the article was about
>>
>>24646134

Trannies don't care. Trannies will keep doing whatever they like. Since clinics are going to informed consent, I don't think they have any reason to worry. Drug companies and surgeons will provide them with "treatment" unless it's outlawed.

Unless they can prove sexual orientation is biological and hardwired, at which point trans people realize no one wants to fuck them and have no reason to fuck them except pity, nothing will change.
>>
>>24648131
Ah I see, since its neurological that would be why I won't be able to fully wrap my head around it. Like normies and robotics. I guess if you truly feel better as a woman than go for it, you do you boo boo. Why did you feel like you were meant to be a woman btw? I still feel like gender roles in society have some effect here, like because person A is male but like feminine things that makes them a transgender who then becomes MtF. I know I won't be able to fully grasp your line of thought, but that won't make me try :^)
>>
File: transgenderexplanation.jpg (163 KB, 1600x1035) Image search: [Google]
transgenderexplanation.jpg
163 KB, 1600x1035
>>24648169
>Trying to tell me what to do
SMASH THE PATRIARCHY

>>24648189
>What is a woman
Anybody who self identifies as a woman
>What is female
Someone with a vagina and XX Chromosomes
Here, have a helpful diagram that explains this

>>24648214
I could shave off all my hair and wear nothing but boiler suits and I'd still 100% be a woman because I fundamentally, in my brain, have the gender identity of a woman. Just if I did that, everybody would treat me like a dude because I'd look like one. If I play into gender stereotypes it's because it makes my life easier, and also because cultural stereotypes also mold how we feel about ourselves - I'd still happily go about my day dressed in a mans suit with shorter hair, but I'd go home and look in the mirror and be all "damn girl, this is not flattering you at all, crack out a dress for tonight you stupid bitch"
>>
>>24648312
>Why did you feel like you were meant to be a woman btw?
If I'm honest, I'm not entirely sure. Just that I didn't feel comfy with male secondary sexual characteristics* and male behavioural stereotypes. I wouldn't have been happy prancing around as a gay queen but if I'd had the support to do so as a teenager, I'd maybe have been more comfortable with myself and discovered the potential for gender transition earlier, rather than repressing it tightly for a decade thinking I was some kind of freak (inb4 but u r) rather than getting help and accepting myself.

*As an example of this, when I was 11-12ish and just starting puberty/seeing what girls did in puberty, I would lie in the bathtub in a certain way, because it would make the light refract in such a way that when I looked down it looked like my hips were a bunch wider than they actually were, like a girls. This was very soothing to my brain on a level that I couldn't quite comprehend.
>>
>>24648131
>(and that's what transsexualism is - a neruological birth defect)
You talk with a lot of confidence about a subject that is for all intents and purposes, very poorly understood. What if you are wrong? What if you are only accepting these (mainly sociological) theories because they agree with your own preconception about yourself? What if the problem is better understood as a defect that makes bone fide men believe they should be women? Get some perspective anon, I know it might be uncomfortable for you to think you may have made mistakes or may not truly understand what has gone wrong with you but that is true of many of us about a great many things. You must understood these issues are not exactly the realm of hard scientific fact just yet, very few things are.
>>
>>24648319
>What is a woman
>Anybody who self identifies as a woman
Anon that just renders it circular and meaningless.
>>
File: helpful diagram.png (31 KB, 660x880) Image search: [Google]
helpful diagram.png
31 KB, 660x880
>>24648319
A woman is a human female, not whatever semantics you trick yourself into believing.

That's why we don't refer to female animals as "women", or to female humans simply as "female", autism notwithstanding.

Here, have a helpful diagram that explains this
>>
>>24646134
You realize that this means men and women think the same way and that /r9k is also completely btfo.
>>
>>24646347
"la la la I'm not listening"
that's what you sound like
>>
>>24646408
pressure groups doing biased peer studies
you don't think that stuff doesn't happen do you.
>>
File: 34654645634.jpg (14 KB, 371x358) Image search: [Google]
34654645634.jpg
14 KB, 371x358
You guys are idiot as fuck, this is more "scientific" bullshit to support socialism and "muh ebil society", "thre's no gender".
>>
>>24648419
By the time science figures it out for sure, I'll probably be long dead and at least have lived a satisfactory life as a woman rather than spent it suffering as a man because "hurr what if I'm wrong". I merely shill my favourite theory on transsexualism, as it's the one that fundamentally makes the most sense (unless you're one of the "but they're just mentally ill fags!" people)
>Someone trying to tell me I've made mistakes in my own life
Thanks but I'll judge that myself senpai

>What if the problem is better understood as a defect that makes bone fide men believe they should be women?
What about FtMs? :^)

>>24648469
Congratulations! You get a gold star. It's circular because while biological sex is the only objective measure of, well, sex, gender itself boils down to individual identity and culture and so either you stubbornly insist that Vagina = Woman and Penis = Man and there is absolutely no medical or social reason for there to ever be anything else or any doubt, or you realise that you don't see the genitals or chromosomes of 99.9% of the people you meet and thus expression and identity are much more useful markers of what is a woman and what is a man. Transwomen are women who happen to be male, Transmen are men who happen to be female. Deal with it, frankly, unless you're going to karyotype everyone you meet while checking their birth certificate
>>24648486
>Implying animals have social structures and culture on the level that humans do, and that these have no effect whatsoever on how humans view and deal with the subject of sex and gender
Sensible chuckle

Also I really need to go to bed, so this is my last reply for this thread. Was fun. Nice to see a couple of people for once who weren't just YOU'RE A MAN AND A FREAK, FREAK
>>
>>24648653
>thus expression and identity are much more useful markers of what is a woman and what is a man
So women ARE defined by their gender roles and social expectations then? Bad news for feminists.
>>
>>24648688
>Culture is one way
>Feminists want to change it
>Man those feminists are going to be on suicide watch when they find out that culture is already the way it is!
I think they'll be fine, anon.
>>
>>24647203
they aren't
that's pretty tumblr-transtrender exlusive pham
>>
>>24648653
>I'm ignoring what people are saying and I'm arguing & agreeing with myself so I better run away before I start making sense

I wasn't talking about culture and social structure and none of that matters.

Woman = female human. That's just what the word means.
>>
>>24647305
Surprised the robot didn't get this yet, good one, anon.
>>
>>24648528
you realise r9k often comments on the princess/stacy female archetype, which would seem even dumber if its not innate
>>
>>24648730
so what's the other camp? There's no other justification for wanting to throw your dick in the ocean and take artificial hormones for the rest of your life.

Unless you just flat-out admit that it's a very specific fetish and the only way that you can get off
>>
>>24646584
I honestly can't into stats and so I ask
Why IS a sample size of 44 pairs (I think?) Not a terrible study/sample size?
If I had to guess it's because the tranny sample size is terribly small, let alone those with twins?
>>
>>24648716
The culture they strive for would basically abolish the existence of women by your reasoning, but that's not they want.

In the end it doesn't matter. The stratification of people into distinct genders is about biological sex. What's the social function of a woman? Being female. Trannies become considered 'real women' is literally just ad hoc fringe cases for demented people trying to fit in to the world. There's a potential infinity of things we can separate people on, but the man/woman divide is about biological sex at its core. Otherwise we might as well start separating into Shorties and Tallies, and some physically short people will become genuine Tallies because they identify as such and wear stilts you shitlord.
>>
File: 1446159843123.jpg (64 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1446159843123.jpg
64 KB, 640x640
>>24646215
>(EVEN MORE)
topkek
>>
File: ishygddt.jpg (23 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
ishygddt.jpg
23 KB, 600x600
>>24648853

>The culture they strive for would basically abolish the existence of women by your reasoning, but that's not they want.

Brah, google "gender abolition" sometime.
>>
How is the idea that there is not a female or male brain remotely new? I've read this thesis from early 20th century psychoanalysts.
>>
>>24649260
It implies men and women are the same which is complete bullshit. Even among people of the same sex there are big differences.
>>
>>24650584
it implies that the neurological brain is the same, which it is.
>>
File: Smaller brains.png (58 KB, 1725x277) Image search: [Google]
Smaller brains.png
58 KB, 1725x277
reminder women have smaller brains.
>>
>>24646134
First things first, I hate trannies and believe everyone else should too.

Second, your article starts by saying "X proves", at that point you can just drop the whole article. It is a .com site with "scientist" in the name, but one of the most basic tenets of science is that nothing is "proven". One of the red flags for researchers is when someone talks about "proving" something in science. I know because I do a lot of research, it's my job. Don't trust media outlets that tell you what a study means, because they get it wrong 100% of the time, especially if they are a shitty .com website. You should read the real study yourself and conclude what it means or talk to a scientist about what it means.
>>
>>24650829
>First things first, I hate trannies and believe everyone else should too.

why though

I don't like to hate
>>
>>24650935
they represent the mental illness that is modern progressive liberalism

modern liberals have gone as far as to convince people that they are the opposite sex

that's evil and should be resisted at every turn, modern liberals deny reality as a basic tenet of their belief system
>>
>>24650686
see
>>24650766
Roastie BTFO
>>
>>24650963
>they represent the mental illness that is modern progressive liberalism

I'm okay with that

>modern liberals have gone as far as to convince people that they are the opposite sex

I don't think you can just convince people that they are a different sex?

>that's evil and should be resisted at every turn, modern liberals deny reality as a basic tenet of their belief system

I'm okay with that again
>>
>>24650982
>>24650982

neurological patterns != size

(also women's brains are smaller because they use their more efficiently)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2287523/Women-really-smaller-brains--use-efficiently-men.html

and as far as trannies go, if their brain isn't at least 8% smaller than average.....
>>
>>24646134

> there's no such thing as a 'male' or 'female' brain
> We have also identified spatial problems where women outperform men

Wow, good to know that being better at certain tasks means that we're all the same.
>>
>>24647936
Women are also smaller on average
Whales have gigantic brains
Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.