[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vidya
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: howard.jpg (11 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
howard.jpg
11 KB, 274x184
Anyone else feel like all the AAA games are just lacking in something recently? Have I become numb to vidya guys???
>>
>>24639663
nah bro, they are indeed lacking I kinda feel the same so switched back to the good old max. autism games like Starcraft 2
>>
>>24639663
Good while ago, actually. I almost feel like doing something productive because of it.
>>
>>24640152
SC2 is shit nowadays though, it was good back in 2010 but blizzard really shit the bed with the new content
>>
>>24639663
No. The gaming industry is more focused on graphics and quantity more than anything right now.
Gotta sell dlc
>>
>>24639663

you should play games that are fun and built to encompass all facets of live in a realistic and entertaining capacity.

What games are there to choose from? hmmmm, how about Fallout 4, I hear GREAT things about that
>>
>>24640152
only thing i play nowadays, still feel guilty of giving blizzard money though
>>
>>24639663
you're probably just bored of them. almost all of them are the same old tired shit we've played a million times before and they just have better graphics. that's really all gaming has done in the past 8 years, same shit - better graphics.
>>
>>24641299
You can say the exact same about tv shows movies and books. Its rare you get something truly different. That's why Dark Souls and Bloodborne are so highly appealing
That is also why Amnesia and Outlast was appealing.

But them again that is only relative to plot lines and combat systems. You have not played everything there is to play nor seen everything I doubt you play or own more than 20 games.
>>
>>24641384
he specifically said AAA games, it's not like there are thousands of those released every year, there's like what, 10 major games from this year?
>>
I play doom, either the official game or user created levels, and it's always fucking fun. I also like to get good at bullet hell/shmup games.
Those games are fun because you can kick ass and listen to a great soundtrack, and it's easy to start playing.

I have stopped playing new games since 2012, the single player is boring with no replay value and they care about cutscenes and story and shit, who cares? Also they're really expensive. Even gta v managed to get fucked up (not as fun to shoot normies)

Try and play actual good games OP, if you still don't feel anything maybe it's time to move on.
>>
>>24639663
They lack the roleplay essence on pc-s, and the essential "arcade" feeling on consoles.

Since everything is being streamlined the end result is Fallout 4 - no matter how you play it your playthrough s 90% identical to someone else's.

Its all a port of a port these days.
>>
Creativity. AAA titles are becoming homogenized. Nothing stands out. Most franchises are comfortable money creators which stick to the same gimmicks.
>>
the only AAA game i was looking forward to this year was arkham knight

too bad my pc is complete shit so i can't even play it on the lowest settings
>>
>>24641460
I just named triple A games you fag
>>
>>24641558
have you tried ziggurat? it's like doom + diablo, it's one of my favorite newer games
>>
As an avid rpg gamer i just have no idea what to play anymore, its like the whole "your choice" part kind of got left behind, plus bioware is fucking shit these days, cd projekt red is okay but still its just meh.
>>
>>24641688
i don't get all the witcher hype

i thought those games were awful
>>
>>24641708
its good in a way but its not "your" story, like in DA O and mass effect, its geralts.

I'll just replay Neverwinter Nights and Kotor for now, hopefully me 4 will be good
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.