[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what if "depression" is just the lucid realization
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: 1447359849166.png (211 KB, 513x408) Image search: [Google]
1447359849166.png
211 KB, 513x408
what if "depression" is just the lucid realization that life isn't worth the effort?

what if the jews label any person who isn't a wagekek mentally ill, so they can drug/brainwash you back into the machine? what if they make a lot of money from this process as well?

what then robots?
>>
I'd hardly consider depression a good thing to have in any sense going by what the robots write here on a daily basis.
As the animal kingdom shows, depression is not a natural way to be.
>>
>>24635672
Depression is an extreme form of sadness.

It's not specific to any particular problem. There are thousands of potential problems in life, and people react to those problems in different ways. Depression is just an unhealthy way in which the mind reacts to a problem. Of course some people have good lives and then suddenly get depressed, can be set off by pregnancy or an illness.
>>
>>24635672
Dunno. We'll see when we're dead. Meet you there. What's your first name?
>>
>>24635764
>Depression is an extreme form of sadness
BZZZT! Wrong! The correct answer is "a chemical imbalance causing a lack of emotions"
>>
File: 1443687782966.png (88 KB, 396x363) Image search: [Google]
1443687782966.png
88 KB, 396x363
>>24635764
>Depression is an extreme form of sadness.
facepalm
>>
>>24635778
> le chemical imbalance meme
jewish funded, incredibly speculative tests that dont actually prove anything
could be that thoughts can change those chemicals, a chicken/egg solution
>>
File: FB_IMG_1448876113212.jpg (117 KB, 1100x1000) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1448876113212.jpg
117 KB, 1100x1000
>>24635715
Nice NATURALISTIC FALLACY m8
pic related
>>
Who has time to be depressed?
>>
>>24635672
>tfw been depressed since i can remember
>childhood is just a hazy memory to me where i was a completely different person
>dont want to do anything now
>complete failure
>parents hate me
>all old friends from school eventually drifted away from me
>co-workers talk shit about me behind my back
>only safe place is my room
>constantly sit here on my time off and think about what a failure i am

i didnt think this is what i would be doing in my 20s when i was a kid
>>
>>24635672
>>24635672
>>what if the jews label any person who isn't a wagekek mentally ill, so they can drug/brainwash you back into the machine? what if they make a lot of money from this process as well?
Bullshit. Some people are not happy with life. What does it matter if that's because of a maladaptive response to the circumstances of their life or genetically fucked brain chemistry? Regardless of what caused it - being depressed (in the colloquial sense) is a shit way to be and it's better we fix it if we can.
>>
>>24635885
That's cute, but the brain and emotional states aren't fueled by magic.
>>
There is no "what if" regarding this statement.
There only is "It's that" and what the fuck can we do about that regarding all those people who are not conscious enough to realize how to help themselves
>>
>>24636224
Then why is it that mostly Wizards are depressed?

fucking liburuls don't see that messing with magic breaks your emotions.
>>
>playing the what if game

Dangerous.
>>
File: it's no good.jpg (39 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
it's no good.jpg
39 KB, 720x540
>>24635919
I've got all the time in the world.
>>
>>24635672
>what if "depression" is just the lucid realization that life isn't worth the effort?

It isn't

Animals get depression too, it's not a realization, it's a chemical thing that happens to make u avoid danger in lyfe

Stop being 12
>>
No, no I don't think so. Some things are worth the effort, I think. I'm just too fucking tired, or apathetic, or whatever to put the effort in and even if I did, I'd be too down on myself to enjoy the fruits if my labor. I am doomed to watch from a distance.
>>
Smelling my ball sweat always cheers me up.
>>
File: 163373.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
163373.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>>24638124
>your thoughts don't affect your brain chemistry
>>
>>24638218
> Some things are worth the effort
> too down on myself to enjoy the fruits if my labor
nice contradiction faggot, "b-but i mean if i was different!" good luck family
>>
>>24639309
He didn't say that nigger-lover. He said that depression isn't caused by your state of mind, and to a degree he's right. Depression can occur in people who are optimistic about the world around them.
>>
>>24640462
And muh neurotransmitters is a hypothesis not proven to any scientific satisfaction.
They fucking teach this in Psychology and Pharmacology classes, its not some conspiracy theory.
>>
>>24639309
the only logical conclusion about that causality is the other way around.

>>24638124
a biological basis doesn't invalidate the validity of his disposition to the world and its happenings. unless, of course, youre arguing that we're merely automata reacting to the random firing of nuerons.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.