[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who here has NO idea what they fuck to do career wise? my friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10
File: 1426741954381.jpg (12 KB, 200x189) Image search: [Google]
1426741954381.jpg
12 KB, 200x189
who here has NO idea what they fuck to do career wise?

my friends all have found steady, good paying jobs that they enjoy. meanwhile everything seems bleak and I dont want to waste time and money learning something I hate to do
>>
It won't get better.
>>
>>24634032
It's not about what you want to do, it's about what you have to do in order to not starve. Welcome to life, the exit is through that noose over there.
>>
>>24634765

This. The notion of finding something you "want to do" will fade with time. Get a job to pay the bills. Get hobbies to avoid the depression. Get a gun when that inevitably fails.

Carpe diem
>>
>>24634737
>>24634765
>>24634805
but theres a lot of people who do stuff they love claiming they never worked a day in their life

I want that...
>>
I don't even care anymore, I just want any job at this point.

If I was given the chance I could probably make a career at damn near anything I was able to do.
But nope, if you have not exp then no one will hire you fucking anywhere.
>>
File: 6670574203_854b3792b4_b.jpg (508 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
6670574203_854b3792b4_b.jpg
508 KB, 1024x768
>went to college for 2 years
>decided that was a pretty big fuck up
>decide to go air force
>got insanely good scores
>chose whatever job I wanted
>got the job I wanted
>leaving Jan 19

You can line yourself up somehow; I did
>>
>>24634805
>Carpe diem

Oddly enough, I imagined Robin Williams saying this.

Considering he played all my favorite cartoon characters growing up, and when he had 3 divorces and 6 kids under his belt, he literally hung himself with that same belt in a closet.

Also, he taught me to never buy gribbanis from a moyal. So chewy.
>>
I do not have any ideas for future. I am stripper right now. I am focus on learning English and would love to live in Canada. Is hard deciding for future job or school.
>>
I have no intention of getting a career desu

I just want to find someone to get a dead end job with so we can make enough to keep renting a house together.

Maybe a boyfriend or something who is okay with pretending just to be my friend around friends/family.
>>
File: W8KLNx9.jpg (29 KB, 729x820) Image search: [Google]
W8KLNx9.jpg
29 KB, 729x820
>>24634805
don't get a hobby to avoid depression, that's an avoidance goal. You're more likely to be happy with an approach goal like having fun.
>>
>>24634032
Follow your heart or kill yourself
Ignore these people, they're already dead
>>
File: wagecuck.jpg (79 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
wagecuck.jpg
79 KB, 409x409
Why would I want to get a job? Normies get so excited about being enslaved to the greenback. It's quite childish to be quite honest.

NEET life is best life.
>>
>>24634899
What country? bloxxx
>>
>>24634938

Russia.

I do not like the mute.
>>
Your friends don't enjoy their job, they just haven't been doing it long enough for it to destroy their soul get.

I was the same when I was younger.
>>
>>24634949
How old are you? I'm assuming you're a grill. You could meet some kek on interpals and use him as a ticket to a better country.
>>
my plan is to continue living the comfy neet life for as long as i can, and then peace the fuck out of this world.

i dropped out of highschool because i couldn't handle interacting with people, so why the fuck would i want to go through that same shit again?
>>
>>24634986

I am 19. Also no, is very wrong to do this. I am not taking of advantage of persons like some Syrian refugee.
>>
The goals I have require money to accomplish.

I don't plan to be a NEET forever.
>>
File: 1329541744175.jpg (74 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1329541744175.jpg
74 KB, 600x600
>>24634831
Isn't that what we all want, enjoyment from the things we do in life? I know it won't happen for me, and there are lots of others like myself. You could be one of us, anon.
>>
>>24634032
People like you and me are the ones that just end up being a supervisor at some shitty retail place when we're 45.
>>
>>24635025
It's really hard to get here without doing something like that. Unless you have family living over here or you're an incredibly valuable person like a neurosurgeon or something.

I figure you know that.
>>
>>24635067

Yes, is why it is just dream.
>>
>>24634032
Learn to program

>work for 5 hours
>pocket more cash than wagekeks produce in a month
>watch shows, walk the dog at night and post here in NEETtime
>>
File: uxpja.jpg (94 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
uxpja.jpg
94 KB, 800x800
>>24635083
It's my dream to fug a qt slavic girl.
>>
>>24635140
lel n1 m8
>>
File: 1445474145814.gif (2 MB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1445474145814.gif
2 MB, 500x333
>>24635010
>i dropped out of highschool because i couldn't handle interacting with people

I know this feel. Fucking monkeys. I dread this fucking rock.
>>
>>24635133
I've always been kinda interested in programming. Do I need college for this? What does the job entail day to day? How do you get a job as a programmer?
>>
>>24635140

Is good dream I guess.

I am thinking is better to have sex with person you love.
>>
>>24635010
>i dropped out of highschool because i couldn't handle interacting with people

Yep. Would've been heldback too, fuck losing the losers I hung out with to be tortured by millennial scum.
>>
>>24635171
>I am thinking is better to have sex with person you love.

That's true but love isn't always passionate and even though you might care deeply for somebody for a number of reasons even if their body is shitty and they're not taking care of themselves, it's much easier to desire physically somebody with nice hair and a dancer's body who smells good. Attraction works differently for men than women I think.

Anyway, I'm off on a tangent here.
>>
>>24635168
Programming requires the understanding of algorithm and basic math. Read SICP to get a headstart understanding.

Depending what you learn ( python, ruby etc ) will allow you to generate shekels.

Java is an easy start imo
>>
>>24635133
What world do you live in? The market is oversaturated; you're lucky to be a wageslave code monkey these days
>>
>>24635171
Whats this fake russian accent-typing bullshit? "Is good" get outta here with that
>>
>>24635244
So do I need college for it or is this something I can learn on my own with Khan Academy or similar things?

And what does one do in a programming job on a day to day basis?
>>
>>24635304
Oversaturated with hack web developers ( failed programmers ) you nigger.
>>
>>24635243

Is more about emotion with someone you love, yes? Not just body on a fling. Is understanding if person finds others good looking, can not stop that. But I am still believing it is good to only have sex in relationship. But as you say, may be different for us.

>I'm off on a tangent here

I am sorry, I do not understand.
>>
>>24635308

I am not fake. My English is not good as yours yet.
>>
>>24635171
just come to Finland the government loves to pay me for being useless and theres lot of russians and estonians here
>>
>>24635308
Is good is good nikolai, have vodka.

CHEEKI BREEKI
>>
>>24635331
doesn't change anything..
>>
who /foreverachild/ here?
>>
>>24635324
College is not needed. But companies will likely background check so it wouldn't hurt to take community for 2 years after homeschooling yourself.

You sit at a desk punching lines of code, that's it desu. I could give you the gentooman library, it's 30+ GB.
>>
>>24635369

I have eyes for Canada. But I could do /Finland as other option.
>>
>>24635335
The romantic motivations are different for each sex.

Men are more motivated by physical beauty, softer emotions, and a caring demeanor. Women like men with status and power and ambition.
You could claim that love stems from some kind of amazing compatibility but there has to be attraction in order for there to be any passion involved, and attraction is just about the same for everybody.
>>
>>24634032
be like me and go to school for engineering. Graduate with a 3.3 and then live at home for the next two decades, unable to find work. Or you could be like my brother and take 6 years to earn a chemistry degree and do the same thing.
>>
>>24635395
>who /foreverachild/ here?
>talking to only friend last night
>start talking about getting easy jobs and renting a house together
>not paying much mind to the conversation
>go to bed
>think about it a little bit more
>think about how I'm going to have to be an adult one day
>I'm going to have to get a job
>I'm going to have to rent a place or buy a house
>I'm going to have to pay all my bills and manage my money
>start having a panic attack
>>
I feel like I could do a few things if I set my mind to it but I'm really lost at what I want to do
>know I have a talent for writing or at least did
>have from birth
>always impressed teachers, got awards, kids liked my stories
>efriends thought I was good at writing
>but never fucking write anything at all
>don't really enjoy writing or even want to write
>just enjoy being a good writer
>scared talent has long since rotted away
>feel like if I tried to seriously write these days it would just sound like edgy 2deep4u nonsense
>with a sprinkle of complete ineloquence because of the bulk of my recent writing experience being autistic imageboard posts

>see people memeing about how everyone who isn't in STEM is a failure
>don't want to pursue writing
>pursue computer science instead
>despite the fact that I'm mediocre at it
>feel like I'm throwing away my talent to compete with /g/lord autists who have been writing their own compilers since 12 years of age
>when I could have easily just stuck to writing and beat them easily
>still progressing in uni with compsci
>just don't know whether to switch or to try to develop writing on the side or what
>don't want to end up having been a code monkey for 10 years with not time or platform to write at all

I hate specialization. just fucking kill me.
>>
>>24635410
I finished community college and have my degree from that. I just have no direction in my bachelors program. I went for biomedical sciences and completely fucked that up, not to mention I didn't even know why I picked that major. I just don't want to live in squalor. I don't need some fancy $70k/yr job, I just want to live peacefully in a decent place with my dog.

I'm always at my computer, always learning random stuff when there's no good threads on 4chan. My friend is a web developer that's always asking me to learn to program so we can start something or move out to the West coast of USA and work together somewhere. I'm down for anything you could provide that'd help me out of this rut.
>>
>>24635418

Oh, you do studying with these things?

I still am thinking it can be deeper.
>>
just go into the military and git gud at whatever they tell you to do
>>
>>24635480
http://btdigg.org/search?info_hash=0bbfaaf5f469a2bd3d762f6942a302f7014a35e9&q=0bbfaaf5f469a2bd3d762f6942a302f7014a35e9

Just so you know when you torrent this it'll stop because duplicate files exist.

I g2g but check out /tech/ on 8ch if you're serious about this friend, they helped me a bunch.
>>
don't make the mistake of thinking you have to like your job. just tolerate one, and enjoy your remaining free time. the "do what you love" meme is mostly nonsense, for most people no such job exists
>>
File: 1335587202237.jpg (8 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1335587202237.jpg
8 KB, 250x250
I have no idea how I will attain any career I would want. Too afraid to even apply for work because I'm terrified of rejection and don't believe any employer would ever accept me.
>>
>>24635469
I've always felt I'm a good writer too, people tell me that to this day.

>feel like if I tried to seriously write these days it would just sound like edgy 2deep4u nonsense

That's the thing hermano, it sounds like edgy 2deep4u shit because as a person who has a knack for writing, you're aware of every word you put down. Couple that with the fact that you're a regular on 4chan and you become even more self-aware about everything. At least I feel that way about myself.

The thing you're not realizing though if you do feel the same, is that what sounds edgy to us is lapped up by normies because they don't have the benefit of seeing the world from such a negative, jaded point of view. They just see it as interesting or emotional.

Start writing bro. Doesn't matter what the fuck you write, just write. I've been doing that for a few months now and I've written more than my sister who went to school for an English degree and is a novice author. I believe in you.

I'm giving you a pep talk aimed at myself.
>>
>>24635480
Oh have this too.
https://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/full-text/book/book.html
>>
>>24635529
>>24635572

Thank you anon, honestly appreciate it.
>>
Yeah, you're the type who is just going to waste your 20's window shopping careers for years without ever accomplishing anything.

Welcome to the club!
>>
You just have to wait until you're either homeless and can't get a job, or until circumstances force you to either work or be homeless/dead

just do it, almost no one is happy
>>
>>24635567
thanks bro. I do want to try and have been meaning to for a while. I'll see what I can do. I guess I'm afraid of criticism, but I shouldn't be because I know that somewhere there's a talent that I can reforge
>>
>>24635500
Deeper like how? I'm open to hearing it but I just don't think it is any deeper. People want to make out like love is magical but it's really just attachment based on what somebody could do for you.
>>
>>24635536

Also, "doing what you love" will eventually kill your love of it.
>>
>>24635335

As a man I agree with you, don't buy the bullshit gender differences some people like to push. I'm attracted to my wife because of our chemistry and not because my penis compels me to penetrate aesthetically pleasing configurations of meat. I can't imagine sex with anyone else at this point.

Even the physical aspects tend to be better in a monogamous relationship, you each learn what the other likes and thus gradually perfect the activity. It's like jamming with another musician who really gets your style except when it's over you get an abortion instead of a song.
>>
>be 21 years old
>have been in college for 3 years now
>failed out of one school because never went to class for a whole year
>in community college now
>probably will fail 2 classes this year
>still not enough credits for an associates 3 years later
>in IT major because don't know what else to do
>no passions, interests or hobbies

i just hope something kills me soon so i dont have to
>>
>>24634032
>never had a job
>no idea what to do with my life
>still live with my parents
>will be turning 24 in a few months
>with each passing year, all of these things become less and less acceptable
>still too afraid and lazy to get off my ass and make changes

h e l p
>>
>>24635614

I am not sure if I can explain, words are not easy for me. Deeper like you are knowing each person like back of hand, you are happy and want to be with forever. Is sad to think persons who are married because of looks and not enjoying time with other.

>>24635630

Yes, thank you. You are lucky to find this person :)
>>
>>24635609
Write tons and tons of shit.

Bound to be a diamond in there somewhere. All it takes is a few of those diamonds and you're smooth sailing for a short novel or something.

I personally have started writing pilot scripts for shows. My dream is to just get one episode filmed, I don't care what network, I just want to get that goal achieved.
>>
I want to do a physics degree, but I dont know if it'll get me any jobs afterwards. My second option is to settle for engineering which is more likely to yield a job, but Im still unsure.
>>
>>24635757

Do you want to get work in your field or do you plan to just get a degree and then find a more general job out in the wild? If the former go with engineering for safety (although obviously physicists get work so if you're good at it you can count on that eventually working out), although if you want to think about teaching then either would be fine. If you just want a degree then go with whatever interests you more, both are heavily analytical fields which looks great on a resume so you shouldn't have any difficulties finding work somewhere out there.
>>
>>24635688
>>24635637
Given rapid advances in modern technology it's very likely you guys will live to see 100 years old, meaning you've barely scratched a quarter of your life.

Don't give up please. Community college gets a bad rep but if you go to the student learning centers there are a lot of people can help you figure out what you need to do to get an Associates degree. If you hate college a bachelor's may not be the right course of action after that, but an Associates gives an edge over millions of people who didn't do that at least.

I'm not saying go out and be yourself or go give a manager a firm handshake or shit like that, I'm just saying from one guy stuck in a rut to another, it's not over.

Just do something small every day. Reach a small goal each week and slowly the motivation to get something better will come to you. Even when times get really tough, think back to what your 7 year old self was like, with the sky the limit as far as what you'd do in life. Would you wanna disappoint that kid? Ignore the faggot teenager within you that brings you down. You're on the internet, that's a start. Head over to www.Bing.com (Trademarked by the Microsoft Corporation) and search for opportunities until your heart's content. With a Microsoft account Bing (Trademarked by the Microsoft Corporation) will even reward you just for searching!
>>
File: 1360603886319.png (423 KB, 680x932) Image search: [Google]
1360603886319.png
423 KB, 680x932
>>24635868
>this post was actually motivational for a second until the bing memeing
>>
>>24635926
I couldn't help it. I like fake shilling.

However I did mean everything I said before that senpai. Before my Mom died she always told me that when life hits you hard, when it knocks you back, no matter how difficult it may seem, get up the next day, drink some water, and move forward because it's not the end of the world.

That advice was the only thing keeping me from killing myself when I lost her. It's not the end of the world bro. Until we have an impending meteor or nukes or some other genuine happening, it's never the end of the world.
>>
File: 1433217545157.jpg (869 KB, 1000x1494) Image search: [Google]
1433217545157.jpg
869 KB, 1000x1494
>>24634765
underrated post. OP thinks he has a choice. The only option, if you are lucky, is to live at home with mom and dad till you are 40 and they die then use the wealth they built up over the span of their entire lives to pay property tax and food until you are evicted in your late 60's due to running out of money and are sent to a government run old people death camp where you will slowly and painfully die at the hands of underpaid staff.
>>
>>24635859
Thanks, anon. I guess I might try and pursue a career and physics, as long as I can actually achieve high enough
>>
>>24634805
implying OP will even be able to afford a gun. stop being optimistic. OP hopefully you live near rail road tracks or can afford a bus ticket to a city with high enough bridges.start saving up now
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.