[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starting a 7 day water fast today!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 1
This will help to

>cleanse my body of toxins
>lose the fucking weight I gained over the week
>clear my mind and enhance my focus
>repair my immune system
>make me an overall happier person

So why aren't YOU water fasting?
>>
>>24633714
Because I eat like a normal human being in a diet that includes fruit and vegetables. I also drink 8 glasses of water a day. Get on my level faggot.
>>
hmmmm? all I drink is water. I think you're a moron

>repair my immune stystem

what the fuck
>>
>>24633737
A water fast is still beneficial. I promise you!
>>
>>24633714
because eating 20 chicken fries and chainsmoking on monday morning is too much fun
>>
Fucking stupid. I guess maintaining a proper diet and exercising regularly is outside your realm of possibilities.

Have some fucking self discipline, you fat fuck.
>>
Nigga I'm a recovered anorexic lemme tell you this shit will just fuck you right up. Your body ain't meant to not go without food for more than like 12 hours...
>>
>>24633749
all you need to do is research.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lczK6A1TMYg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5qSSx9yvKI
>>
>>24633737
>he bought into the 8 glasses of water a day
unless you exclusively eat dehydrated food you're drinking an excessive amount of water
>>
your diet will do none of these things you dumb new age shit, it will just make you feel hungry and miserably.

just eat healthy and work out, its not that hard
>>
>>24633714
you're about as dumb as wiccan mothers who cleanse their babies with steam baths
>>
>>24633767
Firstly, calm the fuck down and stop projecting like a retard.

Secondly, this is NOT just for weight loss. There are SO many benefits water fasting does for your body (or even juice fasting). People don't do it because they can't maintain a proper diet and exercise and your NOT suppose to do it if weight lost is your priority.

This thread will surely be filled with pure ignorance. All you need to do is a little research, but I'm sure you won't.
>>
SHOO SHOO GAINS GOBLlN
>>
7 days is far too long, OP. You're just damaging your body.

If you're overweight, focus instead on a regular exercise routine and eating healthy CONSISTENTLY. You can then take a 24 hour fast once a week or once a fortnight to 'reset' your hunger feels.

You're not even achieving that much by doing 7 days, after the first 2 or 3 days it becomes almost a non-issue. Be more reasonable.
>>
Water fasting is the greatest thing a human being can do.
>>
>>24633802
> an excessive amount of water

Unless you're literally drowning yourself there's no such thing as an "excessive amount" of water.
>>
>>24633850
you can not be anymore wrong

http://paleoleap.com/long-fasts/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5qSSx9yvKI
>>
>>24633714
For me, water fasting requires a ton of sleeping and napping. My family would start giving me shit about sleeping too much, and they would flip their shit if they found out the reason was because I was water fasting.

So, I would have to move out before water fasting.
>>
>>24633917

I've done long fasts a long time ago so I have some experience and I'm not wrong - you're quoting from "paleo" sites, so you're clearly an ideologue or an idiot.

No serious medical doctor is going to recommend long fasts, there are simply no real benefits, and it can even be harmful. You'd be better off eating only fresh, healthy food for that period - you're actually introducing anti-ageing phytonutrients and antioxidants and stuff then.
>>
>>24633980
So have I, and it was an amazing life changing experience. I don't think I would ever go more than a week, but it was the best thing I did for my body.
>>
>>24634037

How was the experience life changing, then? How was it good for your body?
>>
>>24633714
I think you should just workout mate. I was feeling like shit today, shittiest I've felt in a while. I had a ton of anxiety about a million different things and was putting off my workout and other shit by looking up info about SW:Battlefront (apparently it sucks major balls). Once I got into my workout, I started feeling a lot better. I got really pissed off instead of feeling sad partway through and it helped me finish my routine. That was a little over an hour ago and I feel a lot better now. No longer pissed or anxious, just content and ready to face tomorrow.

So yeah, just eat healthy and workout. Water is good, but your body needs food too. You're more likely to enhance your focus and repair your immune system if you maintain a healthy diet rather than abstaining from food and drinking water exclusively. I mean, how is H2O going to enhance focus or repair your immune system on it's own? Your cells need other chemicals too mate.
>>
Read the original post

>repair my immune system

Granted it's not for everyone, and one should not go into it without doing research. Know what you're doing. The ride will be painful. It will suck, but after a while (usually the third day) you will feel amazing. You'll have energy, better blood flow, healing illnesses. Water is cleansing you, cleansing your cells and healing your body.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x718e7GMkQ4
>>
>>24633714
>Thinks no water for 7 days will be good for him
No anon that's how you die, although don't let that stop you.
>>
>>24634116
Eating healthy and working out are great things to do.

You don't need food everyday to survive and your body WILL benefit from water fasting. Especially if you have joint issues, illnesses, and loss of focus. Much more so than exercise.

Just watch this interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x718e7GMkQ4
>>
>>24633840
Name some benefits then, chucklefuck. What the fuck do you know about nutrition? Are you a nutritionist? A physician? No, you're not.

You're just another dumb millennial buying into the meme of quick and easy weight loss that involves as little discipline as possible.
>>
>>24634167
It's fucking hilarious that people actually believe this. Prove to me that not eating for a week will kill you.
>>
>>24634221
For fuck sake, why don't you guys read the original post for once?

And I repeat, this is NOT just for weight loss. Doing this just for weight loss is WRONG. I said that already.
>>
>>24633714
The benefit of drinking water is you are not drinking sugary soda, alcohol, or other unhealthy drinks. You should drink it, but don't throwpseudoscience BS at us to justify it.
>>
>>24634437
Just do the research. I'm not saying eating food is wrong. A water fast is extremely beneficial both physically and mentally. Don't just cover your ears and go "lalalalalala" or else you'll remain ignorant for the rest of your life. You grew up being told that you need food everyday to survive and but that's not true AT ALL!
>>
>>24633714

"Toxins" are the new "Evil Spirits" for modern dumbasses.

You niggers are so confident when you declare your proud atheism and general skepticism, but then you say dumb shit like this. The world is fucked.
>>
>>24633802
>unless you exclusively eat dehydrated food you're drinking an excessive amount of water
Or he just lives in a drier and hotter climate. I drink a few gallons a day during the summer, and that's barely adequate for hydration.
>>
>>24633714
>muh toxins
You're not cleansing anything. You're not detoxing anything. You're just being dumb.

You can do that by eating less, you mongoloid.

>not having any intake of sugars needed for proper brain function
You. Are. Literally. Retarded.

>repair my immune system
>no intake of vitamins and minerals necessary for a strong immune system
what am I even reading

You be you, brother. Just don't delude yourself into thinking what you're doing is healthy. And stop telling other people to do it.
>>
I'm a doctorate-holding medical professional and "water fasting" is just about the most retarded thing you can do. Stop disgracing my race fucking white people.
>>
>>24634490

Jesus Christ, you don't even know what the fuck you're going on about. The world is fucked because of people like you.

http://www.gaianstudies.org/articles4.htm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2658502/Fasting-diets-like-5-2-reduce-cholesterol-10-12-hours.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

http://www.webmd.com/diabetes/type-1-diabetes-guide/what-is-ketosis
>>
>>24634485
>Research

Post youtube vids and a biased paleo site. Give me an actual peer reviewed study that has legitimacy and maybe I'll listen. Until then, Imma keep stuffing 16 oz sirloins and hamburgers into my mouth.
>>
>>24633714
>I'M GOING TO "CLEANSE MY BODY" OF "TOXINS" BY ENTERING STARVATION MODE WILLINGLY (GOODBYE 30% OF MY MUSCLE MASS)
The only board dumb enough for this shit is >>>/x/
>>
>>24634573
>Jesus Christ, you don't even know what the fuck you're going on about. The world is fucked because of people like you.
Ironic, because you posted one link to a biased privately-owned website with zero research citations, one article about a 5:2 diet misinterpreted by the daily mail (5:2 diet isn't even related to water fasting), and one completely unrelated article. Good job man, you sure justified how pretentious you are being right now with all this rigorous research you have done.
>>
>>24633714
>>24634573
Enjoy your hypokalemia, hyponatremia, hypocalcemia, and hypo
>>
>>24633714
no, at least none that you would not pass anyway if you ate and hydrated like a normal person. Define what toxins you think water fasting would remove?
this is true
Nope. Turns out the brain needs food to preform at its best. It is actually quite the glucose hog.
>repair my immune system
Totally false. Maybe you should pick up a actual science book about the immune system and not some new age hippy bullshit.
I can't speak for the long run but in the short run you will suffer.

>So why aren't YOU water fasting?
Because I am not retarded
You know what, that is not fair to retards. Even retards would know that water fasting for 7 days is not good for your health.
They would be like "me hungry, fuck this bullshit, lets eat, durp".
>>
>>24634547
>You're not cleansing anything. You're not detoxing anything. You're just being dumb.
You won't even fucking back up your claims yet you're calling me dumb. I expect nothing less here.

>You can do that by eating less, you mongoloid.
That's true. This is just one of many benefits.

>not having any intake of sugars needed for proper brain function
You. Are. Literally. Retarded.
Fasting is not for everyone. Those who are diabetic need to consult a doctor first. Other than that, fasting is beneficial to the brain. Read this I know you won't, but unlike you, I back up my shit

>what am I even reading
This is the same reaction I have reading your post

>You be you, brother. Just don't delude yourself into thinking what you're doing is healthy. And stop telling other people to do it.

Remain an ignorant fuck all your life or learn to have an open mind. Take two seconds out of your life and do research. Who knows, you might learn something.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/babbage/2012/02/fasting-and-cancer
>>
>>24634814
>You won't even fucking back up your claims yet you're calling me dumb. I expect nothing less here.
>While there is no established body of scientific evidence showing that any detoxification occurs because of water fasting, there is evidence of harmful side effects from such diets
http://www.senseaboutscience.org/pages/debunking-detox.html
http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/detox_overview.html
https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-detox-scam-how-to-spot-it-and-how-to-avoid-it/

>fasting is beneficial to the brain
All evidence pointing to fasting being beneficial to your brain is related to intermittent fasting.
http://hub.jhu.edu/magazine/2012/summer/dont-feed-your-head

>Remain an ignorant fuck all your life or learn to have an open mind
>muh alternative medicine
Kill yourself.
>>
>>24634814
What a bombastic faggot you are. You act like you have the supreme truth and then link the economist.com on matters of medical science. Is this a fucking parody?
>>
>>24634814
Every single one of your sources that you have posted up to this point has talked about, at most, fasting for 2 days and then eating normally for the remaining 5 days of the week. Even those sources claim only limited benefits and only for specific people. The one "source" you posted that advocates water fasting specifically was a biased paleo website with no scientific research behind it.

Why don't you start by posting, in scientific terms, exactly what "toxic" substrates or other substances are voided by the body only on a "water fast" and by no other means? You dance around every reply by using amorphous terms or just asserting that you are right. When someone pointed out that the brain needs glucose, you just blew it off without explaining anything and then claimed victory. You seem not to have any understanding of biomedical sciences or A&P.
>>
>>24633714
You guys are idiots. When stupidity like OP pops up you don't try to argue it, you take it to the next level. With any luck, you can convince OP to do a "hydrogen peroxide detox" (it's a real trend that retards do, look it up) and he will end up killing himself. You can't argue with these people, they will never stop being retarded. Best to support them and make their views more extreme/fanatical so that they either kill themselves on their natural course or at the very least they are easy to spot instantly.
>>
>>24634580
No even /x/ would call bullshit.

Now if you said you were doing a water fast for spiritual reasons you would get somewhere on that board.
>>
>>24634701
>Because I am not retarded
>You know what, that is not fair to retards. Even retards would know that water fasting for 7 days is not good for your health.
>They would be like "me hungry, fuck this bullshit, lets eat, durp".
holy shit my sides
So that leaves the question of what do you call someone who is dumber then a retard?
>>
>>24635362
>what do you call someone who is dumber than a retard?
OP
>>
>>24633714
Enjoy your gall stones.
>>
>>24633881
There is a limit how much water kidneys can process and ingesting too much on a long run can fuck up their function and start poisoning you. It also flushes your system of minerals and some vitamins that are essential for your bodily functions.
>>
>>24635790
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication

Only drink water in relation to what you eat and how thirsty you feel. If you get into a cycle where drinking water makes you pee which makes you thirsty etc you are on a shitty path and should cut down and eat something until it normalizes.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.