[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is The Wall by Pink Floyd a robot approved album? why or why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: wall.jpg (25 KB, 475x475) Image search: [Google]
wall.jpg
25 KB, 475x475
Is The Wall by Pink Floyd a robot approved album?
why or why not?

Post other robot approved albums as well.
>>
>>24633053
Daft Punk is pretty normie now, so I'd say yes. Yes it is. For my electronic/synth needs I listen to Purturbator now.
>tfw you find a new band but they only have a few albums ever released
>>
Pink Floyd is normiecore / dadrock
>>
File: absolutely solid.jpg (44 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
absolutely solid.jpg
44 KB, 540x960
I can't tell you whether or not The Wall is "robot approved" but I can tell you it's approved by THIS robot.
It's been stuck in my head something fierce for the past few days, I listened to it yesterday.
>>
>>24633053
Self obsessed rich dude whines about how depressed he is despite having an easy life? Sounds robot to me.

Also, DSotM is objectively the best pink Floyd album. If you disagree you're an edge lord.
>>
File: 1434745230560.png (223 KB, 1332x1053) Image search: [Google]
1434745230560.png
223 KB, 1332x1053
>>24633130
>DSoTM
I think you meant to say Wish You Were Here.
>>
>>24633172
An album that contains Have a Cigar and Welcome to the Machine can't possibly be the best.
The rest is GOAT but it's mediocre in the middle. Still probably my third favourite Pink Floyd Album.
>>
>>24633053
>>24633115
>>24633122
>>24633130
>>24633172
Fucking damn it, I'm tired as fuck and thought the album said "Daft Punk - the Wall." Kindly ignore my post here. >>24633085
>>
File: 808s_&_Heartbreak.png (63 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
808s_&_Heartbreak.png
63 KB, 300x299
Is 808s & Heartbreak robot approved?
It's basically /r9k/ the album.
>>
>>24633255
Old Kanye was pretty robot-tier, not sure about his new stuff though.
>>
>>24633172
Close second. Dark side was the band at its peak working together as a cohesive group instead of one member dominating like later efforts.

Also, the production is stellar.
>>
>>24633255
I can't decide if Kanye is a normie or an autistic faggot who got obsessed with music instead of anime and vidya.
>>
Robots have the shittest taste in music imaginable. I want to just die going into r9k music threads.

That said, The Wall is probably the closest thing you can get to a truly 'robot' album, the whole focus of the story is about a guy with an overbearing mother slowly becoming isolated, in part because of the harshness of the world and in part because of his own issues. It's ironic that I first got this album when I was 15 and actually had some friends, a year later I became isolated and haven't had a friend in the 15 years since, haven't had a girlfriend ever. It pretty much sums up a lot of my life except that my father wasn't killed in a war.

Yeah, like any 'concept' album it's highly pretentious, and a lot of the story is just Roger Waters projecting his own egotism onto Syd Barrett. It still manages to really capture something very real.
>>
>>24633382
Kanye has aspergers. He's a complete robot who just lucked out by obsessing about the normie topic of music
>>
>>24633053

Fuck off Baotiv
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.