[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /musician/ here? Before you call me a normie I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8
who /musician/ here?

Before you call me a normie I'm a wagecluck with no friends who only manages to not kill himself by recording songs in my bedroom before i go to sleep. I make psychedelic rock because the only thing I have to look forward to are drugs.

https://wizerd.bandcamp.com/album/wizard

That's my band. Post yours, robots. All I want in life is someone to listen to and like my music.
>>
File: WIZERD.png (102 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
WIZERD.png
102 KB, 800x800
>>24632334
I'll be around for awhile, too, so please post your music, and I'll be sure to listen to it and comment on it and whatnot.

Anybody have tips for playing live? I'm scared of the social aspect of it. Just gonna stand there and sing and play pretending i'm in my bathroom.
>>
Bumping, and will bump whilst watching Bone Tomahawk. Good movie.

I miss talking to and interacting with people.
>>
Bumping again, please listen and appreciate my art, and show me yours so that I can give you a fleeting sense of purpose in the desolate expanse of life.
>>
By any chance OP, do you like Spirit Caravan? Psychadelic/stoner rock, a bit heavier. Listen to the song Cosmic Artifact.
http://youtu.be/XPlVpr2_Rjs
>>
>>24632418
the only reason i typed that out is because the robot didn't think "bump" was original desu senpai

>>24632428
Yeah dude, love me some spirit Caravan! If you like shit like them check out Kult of the Wizard and Truckfighters!
>>
>>24632428 cont
And also, it was good. I'm trying to save some money right now, sorry :(
>>
>>24632447
I will. I like the heavier side of psych rock
>>
>>24632452
Dude, it's free for a reason. All us robots are poor as fuck. I'm trying to scrape enough for rent next month or I get kicked out and then i have tuition to pay three weeks from now. Actually freaking the fuck out. I know how it feels. Feel free to download it for free, it'd make me feel good to know somebody has it on their HD
>>
>>24632479
Oh crap, I didn't see that it was free. I'll get the DL link today and download it on my PC tomorrow. Keep at it OP, and if music makes you happy, never stop.
>>
>>24632471
Then check out most of the stuff on our Side-B. Gets a LOT heavier, which, compared to some other stuff isn't so heavy, but it's a lot more electic. Also "The Girl with the electric Soul" is very hendrix-y

>>24632505
It's always free for my fellow robots, man. You guys are the only people I even share my music with.
>>
File: 1425515149336.jpg (48 KB, 418x368) Image search: [Google]
1425515149336.jpg
48 KB, 418x368
I play guitar and have for a few years but I'm still mediocre and still hit the wrong stings sometimes on basic chords
>>
>>24632525
I do too, man. it happens. Don't let the normies get you down. As the super-robot Beethoven said; "To miss a note is excusable, to play without passion is unforgivable"

>>24632471
Especially check out Portal to the moon and Space brain BTW
>>
>>24632525
It's all good. Music is music. Have fun with it.
>>
I'm a musician, but I haven't ever recorded anything since I can only play the drums. It feels pretty bad knowing I've played for 8+ years and have done nothing with the talent but whatever, that's life.

On a different note OP, you might enjoy this since you seem to dig stoner rock.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xgxsv7_aM8
>>
>>24632548
Loving the bass riff on Space Brain btw
>>
creating music is so boring

practicing instruments is boring
>>
>>24632582
But you have to appreciate how hard it is
>>
I love how it's sounding! I just scraped resin and emptied out baggies and I really needed something to mellow out to something because this is the last time I'll be high for a long time :(
Drugs suck.
>>
>>24632548
>>24632551
thanks lads
I don't know how to write songs but at least I enjoy learning and playing some

>>24632582
it is at first, but once you learn simple chords you can already play many songs
after that you branch out with songs and try out new ways to do things and new chords to play and it becomes pretty fun to practice
>>
Every time i buy an instrument ill be real passionate about it for a week then sell it 6 months later because i havent touched it since the first week.

i spend all my time in my room listening to music and pretty passionate about it. Should i go out and buy a guitar and try again?
>>
>>24632643
I'll probably get flak for this, but passion won't help you learn. Dedication will. Passion is for when you know your instrument well enough to be able to play with raw energy and instinct rather than thought.
>>
>>24632643
If you feel like you really want to, then yes. But if you feel like you're just going to repeat yourself, then no.

Also OP, A Portal to the Moon is my fav, but I've only listened to the B-Side so far because you said it would be heavier. I'm the dude who first brought up Spirit Caravan. Heading to bed, but don't stop making music. We need more creative minds like yours.
>>
>>24632643
go for it
I don't know if this had any effect but I always had my guitar right next to my desk so I can always just pick it up and do stuff
for example, if I was waiting for a game to load or something to download, etc I would just pick it up and strum some shit
that's probably the only reason I started to stick with it desu
>>
>>24632582
I don't find it boring, I find it the most exciting thing in my life, anyways. Which might just say my life is boring, but besides smoking cigarettes and doing drugs, it's the only happiness I've got. It's taken me quite a lot of practice to be even halfway competent, so I'm not going to give it up at this point.

>>24632576
Thanks, man. Appreciate that.

>>24632613
Oh shit, my condolences, fellow psychonaut. Enjoy our strange and soothing songs while you chill.

>>24632623
this tbn, guitar is strange because it comes in plateaus. You'll learn power chords and be able to play 90% of punk and rock songs, you'll learn open chords and be able to play 90% of country and folk songs, then you'll learn barre chords and jazz chords, and be able to play lots of blues, then you'll get to the funky, weird, out there shit and it's fun as hell.

>>24632643
To be honest I know this feel. I've got a mandolin sitting in my closet from last year. I should probably learn it. I'd definitely recomend buying a guitar, but buy one that makes you want to learn. Get an old, beautiful, soulful machine, you know? My favorite guitar is pic related. A 1957 Silvertone hollowbody I got completely by accident at an old-person thrift store called vinnies for 20 bucks. I can't stop playing now because the guitar is so fucking cool. It's what i'm playing on all these tracks, even the ehavier ones. She screams when she needs to.

>>24632689
aweh thanks dude, hope you enjoyed it!
>>
>>24632643
also to add, doing stuff on guitar is hard and it hurts at first but the pain goes away trust me
play through the pain and don't let it discourage you
>>
>>24632334
Hey OP I've never heard of psychedelic rock before. I like your tunes though and I think you have a nice voice. Have you ever read the book Annihilation by Jeff VanderMeer? The book is like one big hallucination lol
Anyway good job and keep rocking
>>
I deleted all of the shit I wrote a long time ago. It wasn't close to good, and I'm glad it's gone.

>>24632599
It's really not that hard unless you're at the upper echelons of musical theory and performance, which 99% of music today isn't. It was better when only richfags could play music.
>>
I like side B
>>
>>24632828
Holy shit dude you've never heard psychedelic rock?? It's fucking amazing.

I haven't, I'll definitely check that shit out.

>>24632850
Thanks man. As the songwriter I sorta prefer side A, I like the mellower stuff, but then side B is a lot better whilst drunk.
>>
>>24632334
I actually really like this stuff, especially Space Brain. It kind of reminds me of Portugal The Man. I can imagine how awesome it would sound if it were professionally recorded in a studio.
>>
>>24632682
>>24632689
>>24632695
>>24632706
>>24632774

thanks lads, ill go out tomorrow and have another go at it.

OP best track imo is darling let go. Very floaty with a cool pop kind feel to it and fun lyrics. Side A is bretty good too
>>
>>24632894
Yeah I've just got a laptop from 2007 to do my recording on. I use mostly gear I've gotten used or in thrift shops. God I'd love to get into an actual recording studio. Space brain is fun as all fuck to play.

>>24632921
Thanks a bunch, man! Darling, Let go was one of the funnest to write and record.
>>
File: 1441678086678.jpg (27 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1441678086678.jpg
27 KB, 480x480
I play a few instruments.
I used to play in bands (concert, jazz, and rock).
I'd love to record something, but I just have disjointed ideas and a shitty voice. Maybe some day.
>>
>>24632334
What equipment do you use?
Because the drums sound bad.
And everything sounds so badly out of time.
Not trying to be a cunt but that ain't great.
>>
File: 1436320998578.jpg (107 KB, 1040x1055) Image search: [Google]
1436320998578.jpg
107 KB, 1040x1055
>tfw dropping pick down sound hole
>>
I'm about to fall asleep but if you comment on my things I'll definitely return the love tomorrow.
https://soundcloud.com/stora-kronan
I do ambient/post rock stuff. I'm all about moody atmospheres and whatnot.
>>
>>24632988
it's hard to make things in time when you're doing multiple tracks and the ram on your computer is 2 gigs :/ It sounds good live, I promise. We're just poor.
>>
noisepop/blues https://soundcloud.com/jacob-doc-eddins/sets/bedpan-alley
>>
I have made music for a few years now, and played for longer. I have wanted to make an album for a long while now but I just haven't known what to make it about or what style I should use.
>>
how do I into bass guitar?
>>
>>24633325

It's pretty easy, to be honest. Biggest thing with bass is training your fingers not to hurt and to stretch em out.
>>
>>24632706
okay that guitar is cool as fuck
>>
>>24634954
thanks man! She's got a lot of soul in her :)
>>
Op you from oz?
>>
The guitar work isn't really my style but I still respect your work. Nice anon.

BTW you have an awesome voice.

Keep up the good work mate.
>>
>>24635094
Thanks man, that actually makes me feel a lot better about almost everything.

I've got no voice training, so I'm glad my voice is alright.
>>
>>24632334
get better recording equipment and your sound will be much better

your mic is especially awful, and not in the appealing lo-fi way

i think if you fixed those problems you could potentially be interesting
>>
I play shitty vidya songs on piano because I don't have motivation nor skill to play anything else
>>
>>24632334
I wouldn't call myself a musician but I have made some music. It's not good, though.
>>
I just bought a guitar robros
how do I gitgud at it
>>
>>24637367
Practice at least 3 hours everyday for a few years
Get a good teacher and study music theory/reading sheet music too for maximum efficiency
>>
>>24637434
what are some good tools I can use to get the basics down
>>
This shit is sick. Do you like Mac demarco and tame impala by any chance
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>buy guitar and amp
>never play it
>>
I DJ semi-professionally.
I have a monthly radio show and I play club nights nearly every weekend.
>>
>>24637442
Dunno , I don't play guitar
>>
>>24635458
Seconding this, there's something there but it's held back by the poor quality.
>>
>>24633067
>https://soundcloud.com/stora-kronan

Digging this. Formless and Empty is heavily inspired by early GSYBE but thats not a problem. Less sombre and tense than F A 8 but in a good way, has a certain airyness like summer nights over a city scape.

Dimensional Analysis Of A Calzone is pretty warm and comfy with a tinge of melancholy. I am hardly a post-rock aficionado but reminds me of Explosions in the Sky.
>>
>>24637465
>I DJ semi-professionally.

lol DJing is not being a musician. I been producing for 5 years and DJing is literally not a skill or artistic endeavor at all. You're pressing a fucking button.

Art is something that takes a decade to become acceptable at it. Not something that you can learn in 2 hours.
>>
>>24637517
The rhythm at the climax of Dimensional Analysis Of A Calzone is pretty neat as well.
>>
>>24637528
vinyl only to be honest
i don't even use a DVS
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.