[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that if you dont see these colors youre a degenerate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10
File: mspaint.png (763 KB, 831x746) Image search: [Google]
mspaint.png
763 KB, 831x746
Daily reminder that if you dont see these colors youre a degenerate

MS paint does not lie
>>
Color is subjective, the brain lies but not the eyes.
>>
>>24630727
The fuck is this shit?

unoriginal my ass
>>
>theres people that legitamately see gold and blue
Why didn't anyone think of using mspaint earlier
>>
>>24630727
I don't get it, what else am I supposed to be seeing?
>>
>>24630777
it does not matter what color in real life the dress is

what matters that in the picture taken regardless of light what ever

its blue and gold
>>
>>24630795
The color is subjective, also that is brown, not gold.

The brain can trick people into thinking they are other colors.
>>
File: mspaint.png (574 KB, 831x746) Image search: [Google]
mspaint.png
574 KB, 831x746
>there are people that unironically see BLACK and WHITE

how the fuck? here is a black and white comparison

how fucked up are you?
>>
>>24630812
That's not what's happening though.

That is an image. The color of the pixels in the image are blue and gold. There's nothing more to it. The dress could even be different colors in reality, but that doesn't matter because the colors in the image are blue and gold.
>>
File: that fucking dress.png (491 KB, 831x746) Image search: [Google]
that fucking dress.png
491 KB, 831x746
>beating this dead horse

You remove a lot of the yellow light and you get pic related. The only way it'd be gold and white is if it were in a DARK setting, in which most of the picture would be washed with blue.
>>
File: 2015-11-29 22.34.56.png (57 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-29 22.34.56.png
57 KB, 600x350
>there are people who unironically can't see yellow, blue, green, red, and brown
synesthesia master race
>>
>>24630891
Looking at that image in low light or high light can change how it looks. The brain sometimes has a hard time detecting shadows properly and makes up for it by changing the color so the image makes more sense.

These two dogs are have the exact same color gradient, but it's very difficult to make that out unless you remove the background. It's an illusion.
>>
>>24630727
>tfw you realize a lot of people are just calling a color the wrong thing
>>
>>24630795
It does matter what the dress is in reality because if you're not a retard you should be able to tell how the lighting could be affecting how the dress looks in the particular picture. This is what everyone was debating until it was proven black and blue and then morons tried to shift the conversation by saying that it's gold in the picture, which it isn't for the record.
>>
>>24630727
the deal with this is that people who use smartphone cameras frequently see the dress as white and gold, because smartphone cameras cast a subtle blueish filter over photos. so, someone whose brain is accustomed to this effect would see the dress as white and gold, because their brain is attempting to "correct" the filter, when in reality the dress is actually just blue and black. there you fucking go
>>
>>24630727

I blink a lot and it changes color
>>
>>24631041
>looking at a digital image in different lighting changes its colour
Uh, no
>>
>>24630893
>if i edit the photo in photoshop it becomes what i want

faggot im talking About the pic in the OP, i could turn it Pink and claim "HURR ITS PINK"
>>
>>24631460
the dress is a real dress and IS black and blue, the photo is just covered in filters. once you remove them you see that the people saying white and gold are enormous retards
>>
>>24630727

I saw it as gold and white the first time I looked at it but it always looks black and blue now.
>>
>>24630823
You know nothing about white balance, get educated.
>>
I used to see white and gold until it was pointed out to me that it is blue and black

after that I could only see blue and black, never saw white and gold again
>>
Who cares what colour it is?

It's ugly as fuck.
>>
>>24631595
>>24631558
are you two female?
>>
>>24631041
The point he's trying to make is that the people seeing blue and black aren't seeing the colors in the image.
>>
File: Night_Snow_2_(5604545087).jpg (871 KB, 2272x1704) Image search: [Google]
Night_Snow_2_(5604545087).jpg
871 KB, 2272x1704
>>24631460
>>24630727

>if any thinks this snow is white then you are retarded
>>
>>24631700
The image of the snow isn't white. If you see the snow as white in the image then you're seeing the image incorrectly.
>>
>>24631730
except we're talking about the snow, not the image. you're being an autist
>>
>>24630727
I can't see blue no matter how hard I try
>>
>>24631730
people with 3 digit IQs take into account the lighting
>>
>>24631759
I was never talking about the object in the image. I'm saying that if you look at that image and see white you're not seeing the colors in the image correctly.
>>24631781
Why would you take pride in seeing things incorrectly?
>>
>>24631814
Then you're having a useless debate. If you ask "what color is the dress?" the correct answer is blue and black. If you want to bring attention to the fact it has a poor golden filter on it and muxed up brightness, then that's a separate point and should be stated like this
>The image of the blue and black dress has a terrible instagram filter of golden brown and bizarre brightness effects that make the black appear a little brassy
a stupid thing to even bring up, since it's apparent there's a nasty filter on it, but still correct. But to correct people and say based on the image of the dress that the dress is not in fact blue and black is stupid, and I say it's even stupider to say you're not seeing the image correctly to people who give the correct answer to the question "what color is the dress?" and the reason you're being "disagreed" with is not because you're wrong about the colors OF the image, but because you're having the wrong conversation and should blame yourself for not defining what you're trying to say in the first place

Probably because what you have to say is of so little value it's not even worth saying apart from starting arguments with people who are talking about something different and don't have the time, as I do, to full point out how stupid you're being
>>
>>24631814
people make inferences. People wanted to know the actual dress's colors not what that image makes the dress look like
>>
>>24631781
le IQ maymay
>>
I should mention that I'm not >>24631460

>>24631939
All I care about is the distinction between whether people are discussing the color of the image or the color of the dress. I agree that if asked the color of the dress blue and black is correct, but if you don't clarify then both answers could potentially be right and wrong. This entire dress thing spiraled out of control because of this misunderstanding. And nice job with the insults, 10/10, really.
>>
>>24632156
You're very right there is a distinction. A distinction you would have been well to make instead of inviting all this misunderstanding disagree with people who are talking about the dress with issues regarding the IMAGE. Had you put a little thought you could have avoided this whole stupid situation, but you never thought to do that because you'd much rather whip out a 6 word post going "hurr durr you're dumb"

Furthermore, calling your ill-worded, out of context objection stupid should in no way be viewed as an insult to yourself. You've proven yourself to be a lazy idiot with an ego larger than his brain
>>
>>24632264
>you'd much rather whip out a 6 word post going "hurr durr you're dumb"
But I never did that. My response to >>24631700 was my first post in this thread. I am not OP and I am not >>24631700
>Furthermore, calling your ill-worded, out of context objection stupid should in no way be viewed as an insult to yourself.
Assuming you're >>24631939 you outright insulted me, I don't see how anyone could interpret that last sentence as anything but an insult.
>>
>>24632156
>>24632264
>>24632365
>>24632365
shut the fuck up nerds it was literally just a dumb normalfag meme for like half a week and you're both losing your shit over it
>>
i love the dress and what it represents to our society. it really demonstrates different levels of perception and understanding. it is my favourite. colour theory is something most normies never even truly consider, and it shows.
>>
>>24632408
its literally blue and browish gold

look at OP pic

look at it if you do not see the colors to the right of the dress you need to kill yourself
>>
>>24630727
I don't how people can see other colors then that.
>>
>>24630795
>>24630891
>gold

nigga I've seen bronze medals that were golder than what you're talking about
>>
File: 12.jpg (10 KB, 169x200) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
10 KB, 169x200
>>24632420
>>24632463
nobody cares what that image makes the dress look like, they care what color the dress actually is. People don't look at black and white pictures and think "this guy must be grey in real life"
>>
File: gTcem.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
gTcem.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>24632384
this

dressblox
>>
>>24631265
>Millenials have literally fucked their brains up with smartphones
Good, now I just have to wait for all the phone users to get cancer in the head and hands from sustained exposure to electromagnetic radiation.
>>
>>24632489
>they care what color the dress actually is
>>24631700
>>24630891
>>24630727
>>other people in the thread I didn't bother to reply

the cocksucking dress IN REAL LIFE is BLACK and BLUE

It's not white and yellow or yellow and black or gold and blue or gold and yellow
>>
Actually now that I think about it OP did in fact mention seeing the colors in the image, he never even brought up the actual color of the dress.
>>
>>24632587
To be honest I never understood this confusion, when I first saw the dress and saw people trying to argue that it wasn't black/blue I was genuanly convinced that I was the only non-retard alive (apart from the others who saw the right colors that is). Then again I haven't messed up my brain with smartphones, and I recognized how lighting was in play with the photo.
>>
>>24631700
Somebody has clearly pissed all over that winter wonderland.
>>
>people arguing about the nature of the dress without understand the reason why each group sees each colour

It's explained to death, and beyond a shadow of a doubt. The people who see gold/white see it for a well understood biological reason, meanwhile it is in actuality black and blue.
>>
>>24631570

white balance doesn't turn shit blue, in the event that it balanced to blue, that's more than likely because it was fucking blue in the first place
>>
>>24632646
well it's not just smartphones but if you look at color pictures starting around the 70s, and then color movies around that same time as well (especially VHS tapes) - the color is always just off of what it really represent in real life. Either just a little bit or really a lot
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.