[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
None of you go to UChicago right? If you do, plz no school shoot.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: Party Van.jpg (109 KB, 1010x758) Image search: [Google]
Party Van.jpg
109 KB, 1010x758
None of you go to UChicago right? If you do, plz no school shoot.
>>
bump for no school shooting
>>
I go there. It sucks that classes got cancelled on the last week.
>>
>>24628151
Shit, I didn't know the partyvan was real.
>>
>>24628808
No you don't lol, you go to UIC
>>
>>24628808
Better than someone getting shot
>>
>>24628151

There was also a bomb threat resulting in the evacuation of several buildings at Harvard shortly after the paris attacks, similar types of vehicles were around.
>>
>>24629247
Sure, pal. You caught me. Go you. You're a winner.
>>
god damn I hate everyone at this school. Transferring to Claremont in the winter, sick of 20 degrees walks through hyde park.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 480x360
This thread... Who are you people?
>>
>>24629451
underrated game
>>
UChicago '09 checking in. You'll miss it once its over.
>>
>>24628151
reminder that fbi got involved with a school issue a year ago when an sjw ~pretended to~ hack into his own fb profile and threatened the sjws with rape/called them niggers

i'm still waiting on more information desu
>>
anyone know where the original threat was posted
>>
File: chicago.jpg (623 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
chicago.jpg
623 KB, 3000x2000
>living in Chicago for any reason

You're pretty much just asking to be shot.
>>
>>24628151
I go to uchicago, I assumed it was a /r9k/er too
>>
>>24629508
How could I ever miss this?

>>24629423
>having a GPA and RSOs good enough to transfer
you just admitted you're a normie
>>
>>24630070
same, can't find the post here though
>>
The other possibility is that it's a Singaporean kid who couldn't get his problem set done but didn't want to get deported.
>>
I'm thinking of moving to Hyde Park.

Do you guys recommend? I'm in Lakeview/Lincoln Park now and I like the location but the cost is a bit more than I should be paying.
>>
>>24630275
No, I wouldn't recommend it. We get a lot of crime bleeding over from the neighborhoods around us, food options are shit, one company owns every apartment building and overcharges for them, and it's full of UChicago students.
>>
Yeah I figured he/she must have posted it on /r9k/. Guess not though

I've definitely learned a lot at UChicago but it can be pretty much the loneliest place in the world sometimes. Not the case for everyone of course, but I'm sure as hell not going to miss it when I graduate next spring.
>>
>>24630275
UChicago student. What >>24630325 is pretty much true. There's literally nothing to do unless you're on the school. Housing is shit and very expensive and if you hang around for more than three days, you're gonna get mugged.
>>
>>24630325
>>24630428

Thank you friendinos. My search continues then.
>>
>>24630275
>>24630325

1. crime isn't that much higher than anywhere else in the city. kids get mugged in the student ghettos because they live in the student ghettos bc they are cheap. if you're between 55th and 59th and don't walk with your headphones in/texting at night you'll be fine

food options aren't great, yeah, but you shouldn't be eating out every night anyway

MAC apartments are bad but there are non-MAC alternatives [privately owned] and some are quite nice for what you're paying for them

uchicago students are weird but fun to watch
>>
>>24630443
>>24630428
>>24630325
nah don't listen to them.
I grew up in Hyde Park, and currently go to Uchicago. I loved it. Crime isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Housing is just as expensive as anywhere else in the city.
>>
>>24630543
Double thank you. I'm happy there are conflicting viewpoints. I think price and distance are my two main concerns, I school in the loop so I don't want to be too far from there.
>>
>>24630503
I'm comparing it to Lakeview/Lincoln Park, not other hellholes on the South Side. The fact is, Hyde Park has a lot higher incidence of mugging than neighborhoods on the North Side, and even that aside, it just doesn't feel safe with all the homeless crackheads wandering around.
Also you're not my mom and unless my mom complains I will keep eating out for every meal, thank you.
>>
>>24630443
Crime isn't bad at all; people at the university love to whine and exaggerate tiny grievances. I live near 53rd street and I've literally never had a problem.
Food, however, is considerably worse than other areas of the city, and it's about six miles south of anything even remotely interesting.
Basically, I suggest you live in Hyde Park if you study at the college. The thought of moving here without any basic connection to the university is insane to me. What the hell would you do?
>>
>>24629423
>having the confidence to leave robotland
normie get out
>>
>>24630597
I visited the Oriental Institute and thought the area looked nice. I haven't been back there but I figured since it's in the south it'd be cheaper.

That's basically my thought process.
>>
>>24630597
I don't know very many people but I know at least three people who have gotten mugged in the past year here, and mugging wasn't a thing in the neighborhood of New York I live in, so I'd say you've just gotten used to the level of crime.
>>
>>24630581
if you're a fucking robot why would you want to live somewhere with shit to do anyway? please. hyde park is legitimately the best place to live if you are a giant kv loser tbfh
>>
How the fuck do niggas even live in Chicago? Do you drink warm cider with xanax all day because that is the only way it would make any sense to me
>>
>>24630701
Why are you riding Hyde Park's dick so hard? All I want to do is stand by myself at the back of shoegaze concerts but all the concert halls are too far away from Hyde Park to reach without a car. And I'm KHHV
>>
/liveinChicago/ here, UChicago fags are pussies.
>>
>>24630723
Layers, mein broham
>>
>>24630693
That's possible as well. But even then, I find it a little ridiculous that people expect to live in a big city and not encounter crime every once and a while. I mean, I know pretty much no one at the school, so I'm speaking from my personal experience as well as the occasional UC Alerts (perhaps there are more incidents that are unreported?), but it's pretty tame. I think in any environment there's going to be crime trickling in; it might be a bit worse than other areas of the city, that's certain, but I don't believe it's significant enough to thwart someone's decision to attend the school.
>>
>>24630579
What school, mang?
I go to DePaul, I live on Racine, close to the Belmont redline stop.
>>
>>24630785
SAIC. pls no bully. I'm right at the top edge of Lincoln Park.
>>
>>24630766
the school itself is very good and reputable but it provides very very poor training--academic or professional--to its students relative to its peer institutions across the board except in econ. if you like reading philosophy and want to be in a big city that isn't shithole nyc then it's a good choice
>>
>>24630816
Yo that's awesome, love talking to fellow Chicagofags on the internet.

How long does it take to get from Hyde Park to the Loop anyway? Seems like a long trip.
>>
>>24630873
16 min by Metra, 40 min by CTA, 15 min by car
>>
>>24630873
My class took the 6 bus iirc and it took 30-40 minutes with traffic. It was express though so I don't know how long it'd be without. I think there's a Metra stop too.
>>
>>24630825
also if you're ok with not making any friends and browsing 4chan instead for 4 years
but that might just be me
>>
>>24630966
I think you're required to do 15 hours of lurking and have at least 100 shitposts in order to even get a degree desu
>>
>>24631088
>tfw I've done more than that this weekend
>>
>>24631122
so I guess you /UChicagoThanksgiving/ too
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.