[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Haven't been to class in 2 weeks, and I think I should go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: CL16E1BWEAAEGxG.jpg (52 KB, 554x840) Image search: [Google]
CL16E1BWEAAEGxG.jpg
52 KB, 554x840
Haven't been to class in 2 weeks, and I think I should go back tomorrow. It's a small class so I'll definitely be noticed. How do I get over this?
>>
>>24626865
Kill your classmates
>>
>>24626865
I don't know, friend. But I wish you the best of luck. May you find a way that suits you very well.
>>
>>24626865

You're in way too deep bro. Just don't.
>>
>>24626865
Fucking kill yourself crying bitch, you look 12
>>
get over yourself and realise that no one gives a shit about you. just go to class. what are they going to say?

>"oh anon haven't seen you in a while"
>"where've you been anon?"

not a big deal.
>>
>>24627714
That's not me faglord.
>>
If it's college, people will judge you MORE for not showing up than for coming back.

I hate the kids that show up for a couple days and then don't bother to ever show up again, but when I see somebody gone for a while and come back, I just assume they had important shit to do
>>
>>24626865
You just do it. Idk how else to say it. When you're standing outside the class in the hall you just swallow that feeling and realize it won't be nearly as bad as you think it will be.

Think of it like a sprint, once you leave for class focus on getting into the class as quickly as possible. That way there's no time to wallow in the feeling and convince yourself not to go.

Good luck anon :3
>>
>>24627975
Basically this. If you just stop going people will think you're some sort of failure, but if you come back people will act like it's no big deal
>>
File: netjester.png (7 KB, 586x74) Image search: [Google]
netjester.png
7 KB, 586x74
I haven't been to class in 3 months.

2 weeks is nothing, you could just say you were sick with the flu or had to go to a funeral in Guatemala. Go man, the longer you wait the worse. Now me? "hey anon where have you been for 3 months?" well you see I got fed up and spent the whole time in my room jacking off and watching anime.
>>
File: rideneverends.png (85 KB, 219x229) Image search: [Google]
rideneverends.png
85 KB, 219x229
>>24626865
>break
>decide to kill myself
>don't kill myself
>decide to go to Canada
>don't go to Canada
>decide to drop out
>don't drop out
>by now have missed nearly three weeks of classes
>skip exam
>professor sees me walking and tells me I have to take it monday
>had a week to be ready for the exam
>not ready for the exam

Another time around the wheel.
>>
I know you think you're a special little snowflake that the world revolves around, but you're not. I can practically guarantee no one cares.
>>
>>24628235
This, no one cares
>>
>don't hand in my final paper for a philosophy class
>think he'll just fail me
>a month later he emails me telling he'll still take it and that he needs it in order to give me my final grade
>don't reply to the email and spend the whole summer paralyzed with fear while debating dropping out and/or killing myself
>wind up going back to school in the fall, hope I don't run into him
>a month ago I bump into him in the hallway and just start apologizing
>he says it's totally fine and that I should just write it and get it to him (the man's a fucking Saint, I tell you)
>worry about it for a few more weeks
>eventually write to him telling him he'll have it by Monday
>spend the whole weekend not doing it and worrying
>start it at 3 AM on Sunday and write some bullshit
>send it to him with a long apology
>it's been a week and he still hasn't written back
>still debating dropping out and/or killing myself
>have been late with four more papers for different classes this semester for no reason
>sometimes I just don't go to class because I'm too scared
>have no friends and do nothing whatsoever
>mentally ill and completely hopeless
>everything is falling apart in front of my very eyes and all I can do is watch
>still don't know if I should drop out and/or kill myself
I just want to die.
>>
Alright. I'm going fug. I'll just say I was sick. I'm at least somewhat familiar with the chapters that were covered. I read and stuff so I should be at least open to understanding what will come up.
>>
>>24628478
I was like this too, and still kind of am. It got a lot better when I started to try hard like a bitch and just try and forget about everything else that bothers me. Go full autist mode in class and forget there are other people there. Go to the library and study your sorrows away. It is working for me and when weekend comes I always get a little depressed.
>>
>How do I get over this?

Courage. Gotta get that frontal cortex amped up to do the right, but hard, thing rather than the ez, but wrong, thing.
>>
this is the worst situation. if u dont come in lookin like u just got hit by a bus or survived cancer they will all know ur an autistic fuck
>>
File: 1448330525693.jpg (237 KB, 1168x1024) Image search: [Google]
1448330525693.jpg
237 KB, 1168x1024
>>24627893
>>24626865

>kid in picture is crying about how his girlfriend died

idk but you don't know either
>>
>>24626865
I havent shown up to a single lecture in over 4 months, theres like a month left. Should I go back?
>>
>>24629808
Nah your in too deep just drop that shit family.
>>
>>24626865
I was in the same situation OP. They found my number, and called me cause they thought i was dead
>>
when people ask just say don't worry about it

don't worry about it

that's it mate, fuck those nosy assholes.
>>
>>24629862
Well should I bother next semester?
>>
>>24627820
Not OP, but this is the sort of shit that scares me more than anything else
>>
people will probably just assume you were really sick or something op. no big deal. i've noticed people in my class not show up. i don't think any less of them or anything

it's more likely that people will be happy to see you. back in high school when i skipped a month or so, people were nice and friendly when i showed up to write the mid-terms
>>
>>24626865

I did this on and off throughout college. Even during semesters when I was generally doing well and attending class, I'd still have one or two classes I didn't attend regularly or had just stopped going to altogether.

I have pretty regular nightmares about it where I'm sitting at home, knowing I need to go to class and that the longer I go without attending the harder it will be to get back in and catch up.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.