[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can social anxiety be cured without constant use of drugs or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9
File: 1425496178569.gif (2 MB, 210x155) Image search: [Google]
1425496178569.gif
2 MB, 210x155
can social anxiety be cured without constant use of drugs or alcohol?

I'm so fucking tired of this shit man
I feel like I've tried everything
>>
>>24622089
No, just get cheaper alcohol
>>
File: nah_.gif (657 KB, 557x312) Image search: [Google]
nah_.gif
657 KB, 557x312
Have you tried just being yourself? Original comment desu senpai
>>
>>24622089
Self imposed exposure therapy. How much anxiety are we talking here?
>>
>>246220899

Tried antidepressants yet?
>>
>>24622156
I've tried some exposure therapy. I have very specific triggers that don't seem to get better the amount of times I do them. When I'm in public I have a heightened sense of anxiety but thing that send me into an actual panic attack are:

>writing in front of people
>seeing someone I know and might have to have a conversation with in public
>being the spotlight at all or public speaking, job interviews etc
>>
There is no cure. You have 2 choices. Either live your life out being extremely unhappy without human contact, a job, a girlfriend or a life, like me, or you kill yourself.
>>
File: 1448346879369.jpg (64 KB, 665x663) Image search: [Google]
1448346879369.jpg
64 KB, 665x663
>>24622089
Start lifting weights, eat clean, drop the fucking meds and only drink alcohol in social situations (Bar etc) Oh and quit fapping too.

After a few months you'll feel better and then you shouldn't have a problem with going out (start small with walks and work your way up)
>>
>>24622404
I've been doing all of these things for 3 years
>>
>>24622435
Anon, don't you get it? There's no fuckin way out. Normies have no clue what it's like to be in this prison.
>>
>>24622089
>can social anxiety be cured

yes, you just need to stop being a faggot
>>
>>24622566
Ive been in that prison for over 5 years and im getting better every year to the point that i am almost cured now. Exposure is the only way to overcome social anxiety, you are not going to get cured if you dont force yourself to do the things that scare you. Your mind is tricking you, your fears are only in your head, human interaction is not that terrible when you realize that people simply dont give a fuck about you.
>>
>>24622272
nothing works at the same level as exposure therapy. start driving uber. I started it, insane anxiety, could only drive 2 hours a day 3 days a week. Gradually improved it to 4@5 days a week. About to start 6hr/day. My social skills are improving more than they ever have, less afraid of people, less afraid to leave the house. still heavy suicidal ideation at the pathetic of my station in life, but that's the hand I was dealt by my cunt mother.
>>
Have you tried weed?
>>
>>24622320
This made me tear up because I know it's the truth.
>>
>>24622726
>This made me tear up because I know it's the truth.

Its not you fucking retard, just try to do everyday the things you are afraid of. Its hard, but its the only way.
>>
Change your thought process. Think about what makes you feel anxious. Be honest to yourself. Man up. Maybe these help, maybe not.
>>
File: contemplating.png (170 KB, 333x337) Image search: [Google]
contemplating.png
170 KB, 333x337
>>24622089
I think by having love eggs attached on your penis and a couple more in your butts, you can overcome it.

No kidding, I used to be very anxious when doing anything in public, especially talking. You know those self-evaluation you have to fill in school but that nobody actually cares about? Well, it is like a self-evaluation, but pushed to extreme, scrutinizing every single detail of your speech, every bits of your gesture, and anything going against expectation feels like the end of world.

I know that feeling too well. But then, I started to conceal sex toys on me while in public. For some reason, it offers me a twisted sense of relief. The thought that I'm doing something that no other dares to do just by being in the public, and not actively doing anything, reassures me from my inadequacy, my internal struggle.

I started to push that feelings, I wanted more of that comfort, of no longer being afraid. So, gradually, it turned to love eggs tapped on my cock which is in turn taped to my left inner thigh, and one in my ass, just because it makes the orgasm better.

Now, I'm no longer afraid of the public. I feel more daring than most people on the street; I feel superior. You can try it too. You don't have anything to lose from it.
>>
File: secondbreakfast.jpg (63 KB, 720x407) Image search: [Google]
secondbreakfast.jpg
63 KB, 720x407
>>24623042
you did dun what m8?
>>
Without drugs or alcohol? Either force yourself into social situations or kill yourself. Although there's a small chance a dramatic brain injury could leave you functional and social, I wouldn't count on it. Baby steps from saying hello to random people in stores to having conversations with people at work or school. There are no other options.
>>
>>24622404
Why would lifting, eating, and clean be remedies for social anxiety WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT.

WHY ARE YOU EVEN FUCKING HERE.
>>
>>24623682
I'm NEEt, 22, never had a job, failed high school and already dropped out of uni once
>>
>>24624132
do you have foot fetish?
>>
>>24622089
Have you tried tafil?
Shit is miracle desu senpai.
>>
>>24623682
>saying hello to random people
Should I be clear about my motives here (that I'm trying to improve my social skills) or skirt around it? Won't this random person want to know why I decided to say hello to them?
>>
>>24624198
nah. I'm actually a fairly normal person that's just been completely destroyed by anxiety and depression. I've posted my face here many times and people say "fucking chad gtfo". I'm 6'2 and fairly good looking most people wouldn't even think I'm mentally ill, people just think I'm a lazy shit
>>
it can be , you have rename the feelings you get. remodeling the thoughts.
>>
File: andy.jpg (133 KB, 615x818) Image search: [Google]
andy.jpg
133 KB, 615x818
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=107

try some meditation m8

and watch some jon kavat-zinn vids on jewtube
he's chill as fug

pic related - look how happy andy is
>>
File: Decker.jpg (91 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
Decker.jpg
91 KB, 500x667
>>24624314
Andy looks terrified by his own self awareness.
Ironically meta comedy is the only thing that makes me happy anymore
>>
>>24624265
foot fetish is normal, it is okay to have foot fetish mane
>>
>>24622089
Social anxiety is pretty bad. What's worse is random anxiety attacks when you're just sitting there.

Benzos are the cure.
>>
File: 1343368907452.jpg (72 KB, 582x582) Image search: [Google]
1343368907452.jpg
72 KB, 582x582
>>24624428
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHpJNT7ekGs

drugs are not the answer
>>
>>24624701
there is so many "uh" in the video

it makes me imagining myself in their place, and I feel pretty anxious just by that

holy shit, I'm helpless
>>
File: 1447688918366.jpg (107 KB, 500x637) Image search: [Google]
1447688918366.jpg
107 KB, 500x637
do a body scan its a great help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQRQoLIP32Q
>>
>>24624428
Long term benzos will wreck your life. If you're gonna use pharma and SSRIs don't work, use Gabapentin m8. It's still habit forming but not intracable if you need to get off of it. Benzos will also turn you inti a potato..
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.