[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alcoholism thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Alcoholism.jpg (29 KB, 535x300) Image search: [Google]
Alcoholism.jpg
29 KB, 535x300
What is it like to have alcoholism, robots? How has it affected your life, and do the urges come often?
>>
Functional alcoholic here, so it didn't affect me much. Before I learned to manage it I did look like a fool in front a a few friends, but now I'm much better.
>>
I don't know if I'm alcoholic. I sure like to drink and I look forward to drinking, but I haven't gotten to the point where I would drink just to kill time. On the other hand I can drink quite a lot, but that could be just genetic. Does alcohol tolerance even have any genetic basis? Since my fathers side of family is known to drink a lot.

Anyways now I look like an ass whenever I go to drink somewhere because most people can't keep up with me and my hangovers have gotten really mild even though I drink more and more.
>>
>>24620810
How do you deal with the cravings during work or college or whatever? Basically whenever you don't have immediate access to alcohol.
>>
>>24620784
The urges come daily, every time. I have to drink a lot of water to try to skip hungovers. I feel like killing my body by using it incorrectly.
>>
I honestly thought it was killing me, till I took a liver function test and it all sound, fit as a fiddle.

Regardless, I have decided to cut down a lot because I have upset someone very dear to me, and realized how it was making me act.

I promised even if I did drink daily still, I would never go over a certain amount, and to only drink to feel comfortable rather than full blown drunk.
>>
I'm struggling not to drink right now, I drink almost every single day starting around noon. I managed not to drink anything so far today, but it was only because i was puking up water from being hungover.

Alcoholism ruined my life. I'm losing my job, they say it's because they don't need me (hired too many people) but I'm pretty sure it's because I show up to work tipsy and someone probably smelled alcohol on me. In fact, I'm like 90% sure.

I'm deathly afraid that I've done some horrible damage to my stomach, intestines, and liver. I've only been heavily drinking for 2 years, is that long enough to cause something? Id estimate the first year I drank almost every day, with a few days and weeks here and there sober when I was broke, and this past year I've drank pretty much every day.
>>
>>24621064
Also I'll add the worst part of it for me is that I would tend to wake up after 3 hours of passing out, starting to feel the effects of withdrawal with a headache and thirsty as hell craving sugar, only to not be able to go back to sleep till 4-5 hours later, being forced to suffer. Yet I would go again and do it the next evening anyway.

Feels scummy, the intrusive thoughts in that period are insane, just constant.
>>
>>24620966
Real alcoholics sneak alcohol with them. I've drank at work, mixed it with alot of soda to try to mask the smell.

not who u replied to btw
>>
I'm a shit drinker. As in, I'll puke 70% of the time i get "drunk" drunk. But I usually drink at least 4 beers most days. Could plough through 2 bottles of wine easily while playing vidya/watchin movies etc.

If I get really drunk, my hangovers are chronic. I think I'm just a shit alcoholic. I do look forward to drinking after a days's work and would drink to pass the time/
If I was bored.
>>
>>24621138
feeling the effects of hangover rather, but I guess withdrawal can fit there too

>I've only been heavily drinking for 2 years, is that long enough to cause something?

Depends on you really, your genetics, if you still eat properly, drink water, take vitamins, etc.

In my case I have been going on with this for years on and off, this stretch has been around about the same time as you and my liver is fine.

Get a test done.
>>
alcoholism is hell it has literally ruined my life and i'm probably going to kill myself because of it
>>
>>24621280
OP here.

Jesus. Don't kill yourself. Go to AA or something.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.